twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-31-2020, 09:08 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8671
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Good stuff so far! Very interesting concepts. For monster races, the only thing I’ve allowed is a goblin and a lizardman. These races are native to the ‘civilized’ Chult races, but are not well looked upon by the Chileans, though tolerated.

@Drachenspirit - no to Minotaur. Can you link the monster hunter fighter archetype please?
@zealot - no to rune knight, sorry
Old 05-31-2020, 09:14 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
@Hal Hammerhead - added a link to dice thread in original ad
Old 05-31-2020, 09:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14488
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
@Drachenspirit - no to Minotaur.
:Crestfallen:
Quote:
Can you link the monster hunter fighter archetype please?
I have the UA book, so I got it from there, but this looks to be the same.
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/fighter:monster-hunter

Tabaxi was mentioned as a race in Chult, is it "on the table" as a playable race?

Think I will go with half-orc actually.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-31-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Alright. Still waiting on the DM weigh in on Monster hunter, but my app is up.
I hope it's alright to state that the Order of the Silver Fang is barely hanging on and she's the last. All info I found on it doesn't have anything after the mid to late 1300s timeline for FaerŻn.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1440
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
I completed the application for my lizardman druid, Small. Thank you for allowing it Shaede.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:34 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Horatio Torn-ear:
right-aligned image

Name: Horatio Torn-Ear (Formerly Ironbrand)
Class: Str 16 |Dex 15 |Con 18 |Int 9 |Wis 13 |Cha 12Barbarian 1/Monk 4
Race: Shield Dwarf (Mountain)
Background: Soldier (Infantry)
Personality traits:
-I’m haunted by memories of war. I can’t get the images of violence out of my mind.
-I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success

Ideal:
-Nation. My people (Family) are all that matter. (Any)

Bond:
-I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Flaw:
-The monstrous enemy we faced in battle still wakes me up at night in a cold sweat.

Appearance: Horatio Torn-Ear is a gnarled shield dwarf of typical proportions for his people. His muscles are strong from an early life mining bloodstone and toned from a stint among the Monks of Order of the Sacred Shrike. His upper torso is tattooed, covered in a latticework of scars and course orange chest hair. His orange beard is trimmed short and the tuft of hair that bursts from his hairline forward is little to style, leaving the rest of his pate bald. His right ear is a rugged scarred bit of work, jagged and torn by the teeth of an adversary only months past, likely giving away to his name.

Backstory: Horatio's early life is fraught with battle as he made his living mining bloodstone for the Barony. Any number of foul creatures make their home inside the mines and every miner is just as handy with a weapon as they are with a mining pick or shovel. The images of his fellows being torn limb from limb by a Grimlock or swarmed and gutted by goblins was enough to plague his nights with nightmares that would wake him in a cold sweat. The one thing he was able to rely on after so many encounters was his rage, a deep-seated hatred for any creature that tried to kill him or his brothers. That is, until, it got the better of him.

One night, while enjoying a drink, a new fellow had arrived in town and after mining for a day, had gossiped his way around and saw fit to tease and insult the miners. Picked the wrong fight, he did because Horatio wasn't having it, having lost three brothers to giant spiders that day lost his temper at the human and the red rage took him and didn't relent until there was a bloody puddle about his feet and the offender was naught but a body, his head crushed to a pulp into the floorboards. The next morning, he awoke on the opposite side of the jail cell from his Wife and three wee bairns. He was tried and convicted of murder but his wife pleaded, instead of carrying out a death sentence, send him to Impiltur, to one of the monasteries of Ilmater there. After some time, He was transported into the Custody of the Order of the Sacred Shrike.

Within the Monastery, the other monks taught the dwarf how to harness his rage and keep it in check. His constant nightmares were also calmed slightly while in the confines of the temple but they were not completely gone. He did a lot of missing his old life and his family. After a decade, the monks decided that Horatio was as under control as he was going to be they sent him home with his few belongings, back to Bloodstone Village. After the long trek, the dwarf met the city gates and the Baron Tranth awaiting his arrival with what he thought was open arms but instead a letter of banishment. Due to his crime ten years back, he wasn't allowed within the walls of the village. He knew it was more that the Baron was flexing what little power he had but he couldn't fight it. He asked that a message be taken to his wife, telling her that he was going to have to return to the monastery.

Upon his way back, Horatio, lost in his thought and self-pity, found himself wandering and then boarding a ship until he found himself putting his fists to use among the Pirate Isles for any little bit of gold for food. For five years, he took a beating and handed out beatings in return for coin. Every opponent wore the face of the Baron Tranth and every time, he payed that due back a hundred times for banishing him from the village. With more practice than he had ever gotten in the Monastery, he turned his rage into a tool, a blunt weapon that he gregariously applied to his opponents.

His first awakening from this frenzy of bar brawls against any angsty pirate that saw fit to fight him for a bit of coin was a letter from his wife, telling of his three boys taking it upon themselves to dive into the Jungles of Chult in search of some lost city. It had been five years since he had been to the village and a decade since he had seen his bairns, his youngest would be twenty one, far too young and they had been missing for a year already. He had to do something. He boarded the first ship to Port Nyanzaru to save his boys, He wasn't about to let them be prisoners or let their bodies lie unburied in that horrid place.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 05-31-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:59 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I think my application is complete as well.

One question though...

Does the unarmored Defense of Barbarian stack with the Unarmored Defense of Monk?

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 05-31-2020 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:22 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
From PHB:

Unarmored Defense
If you already have the Unarmored Defense feature, you can't gain it again from another class.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:25 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
@Drachenspirit - sorry, I’m going to pass on monster hunter. Though, it’s very similar to battle master, and I know a certain gladiator that uses those superiority dice
Old 05-31-2020, 06:31 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 768
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
We don't re-roll ones when rolling 4d6kh3, right?

Old 05-31-2020, 06:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
@Drachenspirit - sorry, Iím going to pass on monster hunter. Though, itís very similar to battle master, and I know a certain gladiator that uses those superiority dice
Got it. Going with Battlemaster then.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:29 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
We will be doing 4d6 drop lowest. I find it makes much more interesting characters. Please do not roll here. Note: Iíll allow rerolling only the second 1 in 4d6. The first one will be dropped, and if you get a second one, reroll that second one. If you get a third or fourth....itís fate.

Ad has been updated with this information
Old 05-31-2020, 07:41 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 371
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Woah, I must be lucky to roll average and above average stats, good job me.

I have a question, what is RPGX, is it RpgCrossing?
Old 05-31-2020, 07:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
We will be doing 4d6 drop lowest. I find it makes much more interesting characters. Please do not roll here. Note: Iíll allow rerolling only the second 1 in 4d6. The first one will be dropped, and if you get a second one, reroll that second one. If you get a third or fourth....itís fate.

Ad has been updated with this information
Gotcha. Dropped all the rerolling of 1s I did. Changes it to 15,13,12,10,10,7 before racial. Crappy rolls; makes it 4 less than the 27 point standard. With that kind of luck, not even going to chance rolling HP. Unless, you what us to Shaede instead of taking average?
Old 05-31-2020, 07:45 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoombaJosh View Post
Woah, I must be lucky to roll average and above average stats, good job me.

I have a question, what is RPGX, is it RpgCrossing?
Nice! And Yep.