twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 371
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Okay, now I'm sure my apps done. If you already reviewed it, then review it again cause I added a personality and another paragraph in the backstory. Feedback for better writing is always good to have.

Also thanks SnakeoilCharmer for the advise and critic, really appreciate it.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8671
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
I've updated the table for what I think are applications that are complete. Everyone, please double check.

What would be SUPER helpful is if everyone puts some sort of notation at the top of the application indicating what is the status.

e.g APPLICATION STATUS - WIP

AND when it is ready for review, change "WIP" to "Submitted for Review" or something similar. That saves me from sifting through the various posts trying to find if it is indeed complete.

Last edited by Shaede; 06-03-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:22 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23863
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
APPLICATION = SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW
Application
Name: Ramsay Hayman
Stat Rolls
right-aligned image

Class: Fighter - Battle Master
Race: Human (Variant)

Background: Soldier
Personality Trait: I’m haunted by memories of war. I can’t get the images of violence out of my mind.
I’m full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience relevant to almost every combat situation.
Ideal: Responsibility. I do what I must and obey just authority. (Lawful)
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

Personality: Ramsay has a calm stoic demeanor. She doesn't get worked up over what she can not control and focuses on the solution and not the problem. This made her a good soldier and she was promoted to a Swoardhar leading the Red Rain Platoon for the Zhentilar. She believes laws are for the betterment of everyone, but has recently worked against unjust laws. She will work to change what she can and defy what she can't.

Appearance: Ramsay is of Medium height at 5'7" and of average weight. She has medium length red hair and amber colored eyes. Her skin is fair with a clear complexion.
She has a calm stoic expression that can stop charging bull with its intensity. She has a Zhentariam symbol tattooed on her right forearm.

Last edited by Embrodak; 06-03-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:15 PM
Thinks People Are Tasty

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12575
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Application Withdrawn

A great looking game you are building towards. I wish you all the luck with it.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1417
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Application submitted for review.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...=197046&page=3
Old 06-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 419
routzong routzong routzong routzong routzong
Completed my application for Ink on Skin
Old 06-05-2020, 10:36 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1088
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
All right: it's been a while in the making, but here's my application, complete and ready for review!

application
right-aligned image
Name: Glödir Guntursson
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter 3 (Battlemaster), Rogue 2
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Mercenary Veteran (SCAG)
Personality Traits: I frequently crack jokes about dangerous situations… I, fer one, think they’re funny!
I rarely perform a task without payment, and I even more rarely ask anyone ta do me a favor without offering them something in return. I won’t be beholden ta no man.
Ideal: Self-sufficiency. I firmly believe that everyone has some talent or ability that allows them ta make their way in the world, and I admire those who put it to good use- an’ I look down on those who don’t seem to work for what they have. Ts’all right if your particular strong suit is performance, or something of that sort… it dinnae have ta be work tha’s physical in nature… but if you’re a nobleman who simply lives off of your family inheritance, there be a word for tha’- it’s called laziness. That said… should ye happen ta have extra family wealth that you don’t know what to do with, I do take commissions. *shrugs*
Bond: Me suit of mithral plate armor is how I got started as a mercenary adventurer. It was given to me as a gift- an’ a kingly one, at that!- by me friend and mentor, an extremely wealthy ex-adventurer named Dolgrim Ravveltur, once he deemed me ready to set out on me own. It’s been many long years since I’ve seen Dolgrim, and this ‘ere armor is what I remember him by.
Flaw: Ta me, much of life is transactional. I’m a mercenary, fer cryin’ out loud. I don’t really do charity work… now, that dinnae mean that I won’t take up a request from a poor farmer to hunt down a gang o’ filthy goblins stealing his crops. I’ll gladly accept a basket of fresh veg’tables, or a sack o’ potatoes, as payment, but I will ask for some… ye know, small reimbursement. On th’other hand… if a nobleman wants a political rival assassinated, I’ll take that job too- but that’ll cost ‘im. Whatever the case, I don’t take on tasks for free unless it’s someone I care about and trust- and earning my trust tends ta be much harder than just payin’ me upfront.

Goal: Glödir is constantly seeking to hone his skills and seek out new adventures, and that’s his primary motivator. Greed isn’t exactly a non-existent factor either… like many dwarves, he has a strong desire for gold and jewels. He would tell you, however, that he isn’t greedy- "I’m jus’ pragmatic, alright? Ya never know wha’s gonna happen these days on a moment’s notice… best ta be prepared, have a little reserve ta operate on, ya know? Besides… is it a problem if I like ta keep a few gems?"

Description: Glödir always towered over his family and friends… then again, that probably had something to do with the fact that they were dwarves. Standing at a massive 5’2” tall, he’s actually large enough to be mistaken for a short human- if it weren’t for his distinctly dwarven features, that is. Glödir’s chiseled face almost looks like it could have been carved straight out of the mountain, with a straight, prominent nose and a high forehead. His eyes are the dark gray of stone, and he wears his reddish-brown hair and beard long. His mithral plate armor, the gift of his mentor, is stylized with wolf motifs, which Dolgrim Ravveltur chose because he believed they symbolized the tenacity and toughness of his young friend. Despite his heavy armor and prodigious strength, Glödir is capable of being surprisingly swift and quiet- Dolgrim’s kingly gift, made of pure mithral, mined from the caverns of Mirabar, makes no loud clanking sounds and doesn’t impede the dwarf’s movement, which allows him to take full advantage of his rigorous training in the art of stealth.

Glödir is a man of action, make no mistake, but he is rarely hasty. He has a mind for tactics, and always tries to scope out a mission before undertaking it. Any time he enters a room, he takes note of entrances, exits, obstacles, and potential threats. When meeting a new face, Glödir is the very picture of professionalism- measured, polite, serious, and businesslike. It would be a mistake, however, to confuse his politeness with softness- he drives a hard bargain, and intimidating him is all but impossible. Among the few people he would consider friends, however, his demeanor is considerably different. The dwarf reveals a terrible sense of grim humor, and a side that enjoys drinking and some friendly competition. He doesn’t bond with others often, but when he does, his friendship is lifelong and his loyalty is strong.

Backstory:

Last edited by DurinVII; 06-06-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 994
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Application

Name: Ærion Alean'Caelnddare (translation: LawKeeper ot the Noble House of the WindArchers)
Class: Rogue-4[Scout], Fighter-1
Race: Wood ElfGreen Elf

Background: Faction Agent (Emerald Enclave)
  • Personality Traits: I collect seeds, nuts, clippings, shoots, bulbs, etc from new plants that I encounter on my travels for my private garden at home.
    Words are but dust in the wind- actions determine a person's character.
  • Ideal: Wanderlust. A good traveler has no fixed paths & is not intent on arriving.
  • Bond: A recurring dream of twin snakes devouring the sun plagues me. Who are the snakes? What is the sun? I must find what it means!
  • Flaw: I find it hard to trust members of other races.
Personality: Ærion, while mistrustful of other races in general, will consider a person a boon companion forever after if they due earn his trust. Though not particularly bent toward law, his word is good- he attempts to follow the spirit of the contract and leaves the letter of the law to forked-tongued advocates. Ærion is not above seeking retribution when the Law fails and he thinks there is a need for retribution. He has a particular loathing for evil giant-kin as a group of them were responsible for the destruction of the thorpe that he grew up in. Ærion has a tendency to stare at someone when he thinks they've said something particularly stupid. Despite being very individualistic, he'll follow rigid plans if he thinks they have merit. Money, while useful, isn't an overriding goal for Ærion- enough to be comfortable is good, any more is not necessary. He does see a need to protect those who cannot protect themselves from the evil that lurks in the world.

Appearance: At 5'8" and 135 pounds, Ærion can be best described as lithe. With olive skin, jet black hair and green eyes, he makes a striking figure. Ærion tends to dress in shades of browns and greens to better blend in with the woodlands he is most comfortable in.

History: Ærion was born in the elven thorpe of Windhaven, a community of about three score souls. It was located in the Forrest of Amtar. He was content to be a forester and probably would have remained there had it not been for the tragedy. In his 97th year, Ærion who had been hunting, arrived to witness Windhaven being assailed by oges and hill giants led by an ettin of INT 8remarkable intelligence. Joining the defence, he fought valiantly but in the end the giant-kin proved too tough and too many and Windhaven was abandoned by the survivors. In sheer vindictiveness the giant-kin spent the next three days tearing Windhaven down, tree by tree.

Ærion and several others were dispatched to various other settlements to gather forces to combat this new threat. Unfortunately, each and every other green elf community was hesitant to send away any of its warriors in fear that they might be caught unawares and destroyed too. Ærion was so disheartened by their attitude he decided to leave the Forrest of Amtar for a while- which to an elf could mean centuries.

While traveling along the Sword Coast, he became known to the Emerald Enclave. After watching him for a few years, he was approached and offered membership into the faction. As the group that opposes threats to the natural world and helps others survive the many perils of the wild, Ærion was willing to join. Over the next few years he started to hone his skills as a scout and warrior. He became one of the spelless rangers- a hunter of despoilers and protector of the innocents.

Now at the age of 108, Ærion finds himself in Chult. He wishes to find the green elves said to live in the jungles as well as see the thunderlizards. Perhaps he might even go searching through old ruins to see what's there.

Goal: The Emerald Enclave had sent Ærion to Chult to investigate the cause of the death curse. By the time of his arrival, a band of adventurers had just lifted it and so his mission was scrubbed. Being a wanderer and now a stranger in a strange new land, Ærion wants to see some of the hidden places of Chult to assuage his curiosity.

Last edited by MarsComulus; 06-12-2020 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:19 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Little over two weeks remain for applications. I’ll be reviewing those submitted over the next few days.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:01 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1088
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
I'm seeing a lot of really great applications so far- this is exciting!
Old 06-10-2020, 02:52 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
First Set of Review Comments. If your PC is marked "Complete" there's nothing else I need.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5205
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Shaede she is a refugee from the forest of Cormathor orginally her village people moving to Chult to escape Hillsfar slavers. I am adding to how she ended up in the Port.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3282
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Ovaas's app is mostly complete. Appreciate any feedback you can share!

Old 06-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10462
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Eroan Ettrian
Race: High Elf (Moon Elf)
Class: Mystic

Appearance: Eroan Ettrian is the oldest elf that most humanoids are ever likely to see. While he is manifestly healthy and strongly built, he also obviously bears the weight of more years than any human can imagine. Those of races whose lifespans are measured in decades instead of centuries often find the blend of adult vigor and great age disconcerting. His muscular body is covered in tattoos, some of which are almost invisible with age, others could have been inked yesterday. The extensive tattooing adds to Eroan's somewhat unsettling appearance. None of the designs have any clear meaning to the observer, but no sane person would cover one's entire body unless those markings had some deep significance.

Background: Far traveler (modified)

Backstory: The elves of Faerun are rightly known for their feats of magic. Elven mages have mastered the magics of divination, creation, and destruction, while the priests of the elven gods channel their divine powers both to nurture and to punish as needed. But the long lives and introspective natures of the elves give some few of those who seek it access to little-used inroads to the power of the mind and self-mastery. The most adept of these are the Kaliesh'erai, who for millennia untold have made their home quietly in deeply-hidden Evereska. There, they train and study, combing the pathways of probability for the precise moments when their uncommon skills and talents are most needed.

Eroan Ettrian is not the most senior member of the Kaliesh'erai, and he is far from the most powerful of his Order. He is, however, possessed of both a keen intelligence and a deep sense of wonder and exploration that, coupled with a steady temperament and modest demeanor, make him one whom the Order trusts without reservation to leave their mountain holdfast and roam the broader world for decades on end. When something far outside Evereska has gone badly wrong, Eroan can often be found in the vicinity - observing, sifting through wreckage, ascertaining causes, and, when needed, solving problems with surgical precision.

Some 120 years ago, which to elves is what humans might call, "a few years back," the renegade psion Reliath Crescentia absconded from the Hall of the Kaliesh'erai with a significant number of powerful artifacts. Since then, the Order's seers and soothsayers have explored multiple pasts, presents, and futures, all in an attempt to locate the betrayer and return what has been stolen. Frustrated by a lack of progress, Eroan and a very small number of his closest friends in the Order have taken it upon themselves to spread out and search Toril's far-flung reaches in the hopes of recovering their relics and, if possible, bringing Reliath to justice.

Eroan selected the jungle continent of Chult, having long been fascinated by the mysteries that must result from its centuries of separation from Faerun. Terrible lizards, lost civilizations, vegetal humanoids, and miles of impenetrable, trackless jungle make for both an ideal hiding place and a timeless mystery to be explored and understood. His own studies have suggested that the ruined, ancient city of Mezro is a focal point of the timelines surrounding Reliath's theft. The mystic has taken ship to Port Nyanzaru, there to find a way into the treacherous interior of the continent and reclaim what has been taken.

Last edited by Berith; 06-23-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:15 PM
More or Less Gorm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4232
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga