twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-11-2020, 02:35 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8671
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Got a few more done today. My plan is to go through the entire list once and then circle back around to address the comments made on some of the applications.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4795
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 415
routzong routzong routzong routzong routzong
Old 06-12-2020, 04:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4442
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Definitely interested. WIP.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14383
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Cleaned up my app some, spelling, flow and such. Tema is growing on me. If she doesn't make this cut, I'll keep her around for something in the future. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever RP'd a half-orc cleric before. But, a war cleric feels right for her.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4442
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Barnabas Trumble, Namer of Oghma
Race: Variant Human
Class: Cleric 5 (Knowledge)
Background: Guild Artisan (Cartographer)

Appearance:

Traits:
Ideals:
Bonds:
Flaws:

Backstory:
WIP

Last edited by Grouchy; 06-12-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4795
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Hey Shaede. I see my application (this one!) is still marked as in review. Is there something else you need for it to be completed?

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Gonna try to get the first pass of those submitted done today. And then I'll circle back around and review those who had comments....marked as "DM Review". Once finalized, the application will be marked as complete unless there is additional follow up needed.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Got the Submitted and DM Reviewed applications checked and marked complete. Still 10 days to finalize any WIP applications and submit new ones.

Great job so far, and this will be a tough choice!
Old 06-16-2020, 03:14 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 943
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Hm, I don't see the review for mine. Is it in secret text?
Old 06-16-2020, 05:14 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
You’re complete. Nothing more I need. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2020, 06:24 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 943
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Ah ok, perfect! Thank you!
Old 06-17-2020, 02:54 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Another Q&A regarding some apps.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:18 AM
Confused and confounded
Outplay 2011  

Outplay 2013  

Outplay 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28252
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Herzog

Boram 'Boarsnout' Herzog
Ranger, Cooper and (retired) Adventurer

right-aligned image

I. Appearance
Standing at almost 6 feet in height, Boram Herzog makes for an imposing figure, with a barrel-like chest, and arms the size of tree-trunks. Despite his advancing years, the weathered cooper seems to have lost none of his vitality and strength, and while his hair shows more grey than brown at this point, and more furrows seem to mark his face by the day, his dark brown eyes are still sharp and his gaze unflinching. In his prime, Boram was assuredly a force to be reckoned with, but while life in Port Nyanzaru and the Bay of Chult has done theirs to keep Boram on his toes and in (relative) shape, a decade in the grip of his vices has left the aged cooper with both beer-gut and creaking bones.

II. The Inner Workings of Boram Herzog
  • Personality I: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it - I'm a perfectionist.
  • Personality II: I judge people by their actions, not their words
  • Ideal: Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood. (Chaotic)
  • Bond: I pursue wealth to secure someone's love.
  • Flaw:I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially
    hard drink.

III. Hometown
  • "Home is where the heart(h) is": Boram's was born and raised on a farm in Beregost on the Sword Coast, halfway between Baldur's Gate and Amn. His parents still live there, in retirement, while his older brother now owns and runs the family farm. The farm focuses mainly on feed for livestock.

IV. Background/Why are they travelling?
  • "Letters from the past...":
    In his youth, Boram used to travel as part of the adventuring group known as Rouser's Rabble - a somewhat successful group out of Baldur's Gate that has been credited with, among other things, the slaying of Fetidfoot - a river troll harassing a small village on the Trade Way. Led by the charistmatic Daijk Rouser, the members of the group split up and went their seperate ways following a disastrous encounter with a Green Hag in the High Moor that saw Daijk slain and several other party members severely maimed.

Putting his weapons down, Boram opted to change vocation and go into a more "honest" trade. Using some of the coin saved up through his adventuring days, Boram managed to buy an apprenticeship in a coopers workshop despite being past the age most places would agree to take an apprentice in.The work was good and the pay fair, but to Boram it all just seemed a bit - lacking - compared to the exhilarating adventures he had led before. He also missed his old compatriots, especially Chevonne, a spear-wielding Waterdhavian lass with red-hair that had bonded with Boram over the long nights spent around a campfire - and, occasionally, shared a bunk with.

Chevonne, it turned out, had not forgotten Boram either, as the adventurer-turned-cooper discovered when a small package one day found its way to him in his master's workshop. Inside was a thick letter, curt and to the point as the red-head had been herself, alongside a small painted portrait of a young girl with Chevonne's fiery locks and his own steely eyes.

After the split Chevonne had left for her home city again and given birth some time after. She had found a position in the Waterdhavian watch, working her way up through the ranks with a babe on her hip, determined to provide for her child alone. She had considered reaching out to Boram, but had no clue how, until about a year ago, when another of their former party members passed by and shared his discovery - that Herzog 'the Boarsnout' had turned into Herzog the Barrel-maker and was holed up in a small workshop somewhere on the Trade Way.

Chevonne never mentioned in words that she was pressed for funds - only briefly described what she had been doing over the past decade and how her girl - named Saoirse after her grandmother - seemed to blossom in Waterdeep. But it was still there, between the lines. She had never married, and Chevonne and Saoirse made by with a rented room in the South Ward, close to the wall. And what coin they saved, Chevonne wrote, went towards her girl - paying for education and clothing and ensuring Saoirse had the best future a single-mother in the Waterdhavian Watch could provide.

Learning that he had a daughter battered Boram with a whole flood of conflicting emotions. And he found himself pouring over the letter time and time again as he tried to get to grips with the situation and what he should do from here on. Why had Chevonne not tried to find him when she had found out she was pregnant? Then again, he himself had done nothing to try and reconnect with her, so could he fault her - especially if she had a child to look after? Did he want to reconnect now, knowing that he had lost out on a lot of his daughters formative years? Would Chevonne even want him as part of their lives?

All these thoughts rumbled around in Boram's head as he re-read the letter and looked at the small portrait and the freckled red-haired girl it depicted.

Finally an answer came to him. Perhaps not the 'perfect' answer, or even a 'good' answer - but an answer nonetheless. Boram went to his chambers and dug through his old chest, pushing aside a battered helmet and a few trinkets and baubles he had decided to save from his old adventuring days before he finally found what he was looking for. An old leathery scroll-case.

It had belonged to his old party leader, Daijk, but had passed to Boram upon Daijk's death. In it, Daijk had explained one night deep in his cups, was a map, tattered and incomplete, that showed the resting place of a hidden treasuretrove of some sorts in the mysterious jungle of Chult. The former party leader had planned to take the Rabble there eventually, but after the Hag, that dream had bled out into the mud alongside Daijk himself.

Now it could serve Boram instead. He would go to Chult - sign up on an expedition and polish those rusty skills of his once more - and find that treasure. And with it in hand he would seek out Chevonne and his daughter in Waterdeep, and make sure, if nothing else, that he could provide for the girl what he should have offered her over ten years ago.

V. What is their over-arching goal?
  • Boram Herzog's Goals: Boram signed up for this adventure for one single reason. To penetrate the jungle of Chult and secure a fortune for the girl he only recently learned he had. He knows he is perhaps not the brightest person and that he has very little to offer, so him just showing up at their door without a copper to his name would only increase Chevonne's burden even more - assuming she would even let him in the door. Chult provides an opportunity for Boram to ensure that he can arrive in style and with enough coin to help make up for all the lost years.

Notes

Last edited by Thorsten; 06-19-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:48 AM
Confused and confounded
Outplay 2011  

Outplay 2013  

Outplay 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28252
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
I'm more or less finished with my first draft. Might tweak it as time permits up until the deadline.