RPXP: 882
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Alright, I think Im done. Id appreciate any feedback
Old 06-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23818
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Looking forward to this.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:08 AM
Destroyer of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3631
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
T'kulu-umbatu
right-aligned image
T'kulu-umbatu
Character Name: T'kulu-umbatu
Race: Batiri Goblin
Class: Druid; circle of the moon

Description:
T'Kulu is a diminutive and wiry creature. His skin is ochre though rarely free of a dry and peeling layer of jungle mud he applies to ward insects and protect him from the heat. His long black hair is tied back in primitive plats and ee wears a wooden mask in the stylised form of a jungle beast. Below his mask he wears little beyond jungle foliage, fetishes, talismans and swirling tattoos.

Personality:
T'kulu is oddly calm for a batiri and he rarely speaks preferring to hand signals resorting to broken common when needs arise. He has a deep reverence for nature particularly the land of Chult, Ubtao and the creatures and spirits of the jungles. He holds no animosity toward any person or creature judging each instead by its skill and prowess in survival and combat.

Background:Outlander/Uthgardt Tribe Member, but trading out 'Uthgardt' for 'Batiri', 'The North' for 'Chult' if acceptable?Batiri Tribe Member
Trait 1: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry Tyrannosaurus.
Trait 2: I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideal: Nature. The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization.
Bond: I am intertwined with land of Chult. I will fight those that would corrupt or threaten the jungles.
Flaw: I have little respect for city dwellers until they have proven their worth.

Character History:
Born to a nomadic Batiri tribe deep within the jungles. T'kulu grew in status until he became a shaman to his tribe. T'kulu always sought out adventure, stalking deeper and deeper into the uncharted Chultan jungles often in the form of the beasts he encountered. Through induced trances T'kulu grew to believe that his life held a greater purpose. He set off to cleanse the jungles of corruption and seek out a closeness to the lost god Ubtao and his children.

RP sample:
Light and Comedic
Dark and Grim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	output-onlinepngtools.png
Views:	114
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	85400   Click image for larger version

Name:	5bfc002fa91ba.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	85401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 18.30.57.png
Views:	10
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	85535  

Last edited by Zinrokh; 06-26-2020 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4442
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Unfortunately due to the birth of my daughter I will not finish in time. Best of luck to all!
Old 06-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10458
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Congrats, Grouchy!
Old 06-21-2020, 07:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4795
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Wow, congratulations on the baby!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:53 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Congrats on having another kid in these trying and hard times ;p

Seriously though congrats!!!
Old 06-21-2020, 08:53 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8671
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Congratulations, grouchy!
Old 06-21-2020, 09:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 973
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Congratulations Grouchy- children are a blessing.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:54 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Old 06-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14383
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
Unfortunately due to the birth of my daughter I will not finish in time. Best of luck to all!
Congratulations! What a Father's day present!
Old 06-22-2020, 07:32 AM
Destroyer of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3631
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh

Last edited by Zinrokh; 06-22-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Don Cricri Don Cricri
Here my late application. I have the character sheet as a draft for now, should be quick to finalize it if selected.

Thervan Dyn
Necromancer, archeologist on the run
Race: High Elf
Class: Mage (Necromancer)
Background: Sage (Researcher)

right-aligned image

Appearance
Thervan is a typical golden elf, maybe a bit short (he's 5'5'' only). He has long blonde hairs and two bright yellow eyes that usually bring some discomfort among those who are not use to meet high elves. A scar connects his right elbow with is right thumb and some people who met him pretend the scar actually glows at night. Of course this is not true. His gears are minimal but practical: just some dusty common clothes with pockets everywhere. He's used to travel will the minimum equipment necessary, which means his Arcane focus (a wand) and his spells book, a battered tome filled with pictographs that few can understand. His manners are a mixed bag of street smart tricks and academic, more polished language. More unsettling, is memory is quite good and he tends to remember well names, faces and facts. However, he has no trouble pretending to be absentminded when it suits your purposes.

Who is Thervan?
  • Personality I: I have no qualms about stealing from the dead.
  • Personality II: Traps don't make me nervous. Idiots who trigger traps make me nervous.
  • Bond: I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands.
  • Flaw: I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others. Most people scream and run when they see a demon, I take detailed notes

III. Hometown
  • Silverymoon

IV. Background
Do I believe to superior to other elves or non-elves individual? Of course not, that would be silly. Do I believe to have a manifest destiny in this world? Absolutely. The know history of the fifth Crown's war is a lie and I have proofs of that. But one step at time, indulge me a second while I tell you my story, and I'll get there.

I'm born in a cave cell of a prison in Silverymoon. My mother has been convicted with a life sentence for the murder of rich merchant. My father is unknown, at least to me, but I'm not complaining: I found out recently that I'm the oldest of 11 siblings, who share my same illustrious heritage. I spend my childhood between squalid orphanages and poor overcrowded foster homes. Most of the kids I grown up saw me as being different or strange (yeah no ****) so I had few companions. But I'm at peace with that.

Actually, peace came with Loraralei. Loraralei is my last foster mother who managed to give me basic education despite all the day-to-day difficulties and challenges. She unlocked in me the curiosity about the unknown and made me understand the power of knowledge. She gave me a feeling of agency, a purpose, the same purpose that made me leaving her house in the night, like a thief, or a rogue, to travel up to Waterdeep and its mighty library.

It's hard to believe that a kid like me became a professor in ancient history at Waterdeep, but it's not so uncommon. These are legendary times, aren't they? I'm joking of course. The true story is less romantic; you will be surprised how many scholars and researchers are too scared to travel and adventure in old tombs, ruins and abandoned temple to sustain their research with actual facts. So I did those errands from them: mapping out dungeons, fetching old artifacts and scrolls, stealing from the deaths (and sometime from the living). Actually, this is when I become a wizard! I found out an old spell book in an abandoned elven tomb, probably abandoned since the second Crown's war. I was immediately driven to lear all I could about becoming a wizard and apply it to my "archeological" studies. This is how, year after year, I climbed the ladder from graduate to scholar, from scholar to associate and finally became professor.

So what I'm doing here? Well, I just told you the story of my rise. Let me know tell you the story of my fall.

I specialized in the history of the Crown wars, as any decent high elf scholar should do. One evening, I was studying in a old section of the Waterdeep library when I stumbled in a centuries old book that was misplaced since, well since I don't know when. That book was a contemporary well documented oral history of the fifth Crown war. So I took it and run upstairs to see the chair of the faculty of history but he wasn't immediately available. I wrote a quick message to him describing what I found and then went back to my house. The same night, I wake up in my room fully ablaze, almost choking on smoke. I barely made it out of my house alive but, as soon as I jumped out of my window, I heard the whistles of Candlekeep guards and the voice of the chair mage shouting order to capture me, dear or alive. Well, actually, to capture me dead.

Them they used my necromancy skills to press charges against me: I'm a "evil mage!", a "whatever cultist", a "grave robber!", a "son of a *****!" (actually that may be true). It did happens 10 years ago and since then I've be on the run, looking for another copy of that book, or other old documents, that will prove me innocent and change the history of the elven nations forever. I know that in Mezco there is something for me, and if not, at least I can get enough gold to continue my search. Fortune and glory they say. Well, Fortune and glory indeed.

So this is me, Thervan Dyl, Professor of Archaeology, expert on the occult, and how does one say it obtainer of rare antiquities... Now if I don't mind, I gonna take a nap.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:57 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
oakfed
Application status: Submitted.

May need some minor updates if accepted (mundane gear purchases and possible spell scribing).

Name: Sedren Amolfi
Stat Rolls
Character sheet

Class: Wizard (Bladesinger) 5
Race: High Elf (Moon elf)

Description: A sinewy hatchet-faced elf with long beaded, braided silver hair. After decades of training with a system of magic that employs arcane gestures and hand placements as well as dramatic stances, when he vogues he is not just dancing.

Picture

Personality: A perfectionist, obsessed with his art. A little reserved, if somewhat naive, he does not easily make friends but tends to take people at their word. Prone to unrequited crushes.

Background: Cloistered Scholar (modified - Hermit Discovery feature - the Dolorous Glance, a type of yuan-ti magic he adapted to bladesinging - rather than Library Access)

Character Traits:
Surely everyone has the same interests as he does and is eager to hear his theories and arcane minutiae.
Serially enthralled by people with a pretty face and classy or tragic background - but would never dare do anything about it.

Ideal: Aspiration. Only by striving for perfection can you advance the progress of art and achieve true illumination.

Bond: (Romantic) destiny is all. One day, the right person will know him without words, and be captivated by his art. The right kata, and the right mudra, and the right arcana, at the right moment, will bind them irrevocably. Who will it be?

Flaw: Unworldly. He was brought up with every need catered for by the staff of his academy and has little concern for day-to-day, practical matters.

A superfluous scion of minor nobility in Evereska, Sedren spent most of his life as a student of the magical academy, devoted to the bladesinging art. One day, Alton Sikkt, a newish fellow student whose family fled from the ruin of Myth Drannor (and his latest crush) left on short notice, following some opportunity somehow related to an unknown person named Artus Cimber. Shortly thereafter, while lamenting his fate, something clicked and Sedren perfected the Dolorous Glance, a technique he found in an old reference about Yuan-ti in Chult. It couldn't be coincidence! He would find Alton, perform the Dolorous Glance, and seal their destiny! But as he followed Alton's trail, practicing on the way, the Dolorous Glance proved more than it seemed: merely the first step of a peculiar magic...

Alton was presumably employed by or desired to be employed by Cimber at some point in an arcane capacity; his current status is unknown and could be anything. His discovery presumably ties into the expedition's goal in some way, if there's anything ophidian involved.

Free Magic Item: Slippers of Spider Climb
Free starting gear from background: robes, writing kit, 10 gp, borrowed book on ancient yuan-ti magic
Free starting gear from class: dagger, arcane focus, explorer's pack, spellbook
Purchased starting equipment:
Rapier, Longbow, 40 arrows, Studded leather (122 gp)
Find Familiar materials (10 gp)
1 potion of healing (50)
Scribe 3 extra 1st-level spells (150)

Last edited by oakfed; 06-24-2020 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
@oakfed - You are in time, not to worry. Please mark your application status as the header to your post, so I know when it's submitted. I've marked as WIP on the first page.