RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2243
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@DurinVII, message received. Please let me know if my addition is more what you were looking for.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:55 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1088
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Looks great!
Old 06-14-2020, 07:43 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3687
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Ready for Review
Character Application
left-aligned image
Name: Haas
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment/Religion: Lawful Neutral. While from an outside perspective many may see his actions as random and without cause, Haas is guided by the hand of Talona; Lady of Poisons. Mistress of Disease. And Mother of All Plagues. He finds order in the cloud of buzzing, stinging insects others flee from. He finds solace in the choking fungus that overtakes a dying forest. To Haas, the circle of life very much includes death and those that feed off of the dying in order to restart the circle.
Background: Acolyte (Skill Proficiencies: Religion, Medicine
Tool Proficiencies/Languages: Poisoner's Kit, Sylvan
Equipment: Standard per Acolyte background
modified per customization rules)
Class: Druid (Circle of Spores)

Background:

Description: Haas is a human of lower-than-average height. Or perhaps human biome is a better term. His once dark skin has now turned a shade of pallid gray which makes it hard to distinguish from the light layer of dirt and moss that perpetually covers him in patches. On some parts it lays thick enough for a smattering of mushrooms to sprout. A cloud of motes surround Haas at all times and seem to be made up of a number of things. Dust particles, spores, gnats, flies, and even a pair of dragonflies can be seen at any given time.

The top of his head showcases two oddly-winding horns and a mish-mash of vines, animal fur, and probably some of his own hair all knotted and mixed together. It's unclear how the whole mess keeps from tumbling to the ground. A strange mask covers his face; smooth, white, and almost entirely featureless. The material is unknown and he never takes it off, giving an odd echo to his high-pitched, scratchy voice. When he speaks it also sounds like he has some kind of minor speech impediment, like he is speaking through permanently clenched teeth which adds an odd, wet, hissing element to his words many people find intense and off-putting. During meal-time he will raise his mask slightly, giving glimpses of black lips and rotting teeth underneath.

The druid moves with a strange, uneven, slinking gait like someone trying to be sneaky but who has also been on horseback for weeks on end and can't take a proper stride. Despite this he seems to exhibit a supernatural speed and can outpace most anyone he travels with on foot. In combat he has been known to twirl, whirl, and somersault around his allies and opponents in a dizzying flow. His back remains hunched most of the time, although when frightened or agitated he will shoot up like a prairie dog and flick his head from side to side looking for the source of his attention.

Haas could certainly be called an oddity in social situations. He is not intentionally rude or unpleasant, however social cues will quite often escape him. He can talk endlessly about anything relating to the natural world, although he often sees topics in a light others would call morbid or repulsive, but to Haas that is simply the way of the world. You can't have apex predators without the carrion crawlers or the entire ecosystem would cease to be. Constructs of civilization (social gossip, economics, historical events that don't involve plague or famine, etc...) bore him and he will either become distracted or simply wander off, looking for a rotten log to turn over. In addition, he has developed a penchant for trouble with the law since the only law and order he recognizes is that which nature has put into place.

One thing Haas cannot abide is undeath. Many find this odd since they often would put poison and disease in the same circle as the undead, however to Haas they could not be more different. Sickness and plague are beauties of nature. Evolution of the highest order. The undead are abominations to nature. Whenever a dead thing unnaturally rises the circle of life has been broken and must be re-joined by allowing the deceased to feed the living once more. This concept gets even murkier for the layperson when fungus gets involved. There are certain species of fungus that can actually jumpstart a corpse's nervous system, causing it to appear nearly identical to undead. However, whereas arcane necromantic undeath re-animates a lifeless and soulless body in a mock insult to life's beauty, the fungus re-infuses a corpse with new life, giving it new purpose by participating in a symbiotic relationship in celebration of nature. Again, the distinction may seem non-existent to everyone else but to Haas the line is plain as day.

Fears: Hass fears anything that severs his connection to the natural world. Being "clean" is at the top of that list. He takes great comfort in being filthy, for that allows him to surround himself with the mushrooms and grubs and flies that keep him connected to Talona. Fire is a close second, for flames are another form of cleansing that leave nothing living or dead in its wake, only empty ash. That's not to say that he would be frightened of a small, controlled fire. He can certainly remain calm sitting by the campfire or tavern hearth with his companions, although he would never sit so close as to dry out his mushrooms or scare off his flies. A bonfire would certainly make him uncomfortable, and magical fire directed at him or being trapped in a burning building would frighten him near-to beyond rational thought (relatively speaking). Even something as simple as being in a stone room with no plants and no windows would be enough to put him on edge.

Roleplaying Samples: Here are some recent posts from my current three games:

Niyaga's Silver Marches. Rolf da Minek, Dwarven Rogue

Edge of Chaos. Prince Brucian Pogue, Grauhn Ambassador

Sins of the Past. Kayleigh Thorne, Hume Dragoon

Curse of Strahd: I've been through the 5e campaign as a player in my home group, although it was when the book first came out back in 2016 or 2017. I have since become the GM and shoved half-a-dozen other game systems and world settings into my brain! Honestly, I would probably only realize spoiler moments after they occurred again. If I did happen to remember something I'd like to think I can stay true to what Haas knows or doesn't know and keep the meta-knowledge out of the fun.

Statblock: Incomplete Pending Acceptance

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	213
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	85182  

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 06-15-2020 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding/editing/spelling
Old 06-15-2020, 07:45 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83
Levistus

Daeleth Tallowlight

Cleric of Helm
Investigator for the Duchess of Daggerford
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Cleric of Helm (Twilight Domain from UA)
Mechanical BackgroundBackground: City Watch (Investigator variant) from SCAG
Personality Traits: I can stare down a hellhound without flinching
Ideal: Responsibility - I do what I must and obey just authority (Lawful)
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for
Flaw: I follow orders, even if I think they're wrong (not from the soldier list, but I didn't like any of those)

BackgroundDaeleth spent his youth tending his family farm and running through the wilderness surrounding Daggerford. When he came of age he joined the militia, as was custom in Daggerford and soon discovered he enjoyed the training and camaraderie he found therein. Within a year he had been promoted twice and came to find a deep respect for, and desire to serve, Helm himself. Most of those in the watch put their faith in one god or another, be it Torm or Tyr, but all paid at least lip service to the Watcher. When not on duty, Daeleth could be found in the barracks chapel in deep meditation, flipping through Helm's sacred texts, or haranguing the local acolytes with questions. It was no surprise to either his duty sergeant or the attending clergy when he asked for a leave of absence to train in the chapel and dedicate himself to the service of Helm.

Upon his return to active duty, Daeleth found himself in the middle of a power struggle between what appeared to be two unknown factions vying for control of Daggerford's small but prosperous underground. Being on the main trade route between Waterdeep and the south, many wealthy merchants and travelers spent at least one night in Daggerford's inns, and somebody looked to make themselves rich. When the dust cleared after several weeks of hard investigation, luck, and prayer both faction leaders found themselves on the wrong side of Daeleth's mace and Daeleth found himself in the spotlight, for a moment anyways.

His success caught the attention of the Lady Morwen, gained him an audience with her at an uncomfortable dinner in his honor, and landed him a position with watch investigation. He became a common face at crime scenes in the city, and has sent many of Daggerford's more 'morally ambiguous' residents to the jails. He liked his new position, he was good at it and though he wouldn't admit it, he liked being in the main hall in the presence of Lady Morwen during briefings with his commanders. It was Captain Prenel that recognized the fire in Daeleth's eyes however, and he was quick to quench the flames by reminding him of his duties to Helm, the people of Daggerford and the Duchess. He was a priest and soldier, he was not a Duke, he was not a Baron, and he was definitely not to embarrass the Duchess or the Office of the Watch with foolishness. Daeleth knew the Captain was right, of course, and he simply nodded and assured the Captain he had nothing to worry about.

He may secretly love the Duchess, but there was one thing he hated not so secretly...adventurers. They strode into town coming from this tomb or that ruined castle bringing with them tales of wonder and magic and throwing coins and gems at whoever crossed their path. The locals would listen to these tales in wonder and awe, failing to pick up on the fact that when this group or that group passed through a few months or weeks ago it had one or two more members, and those that returned had one or two more scars. And the added wealth that came to town brought its own problems. Bandits, orc, goblins, and other unsavory creatures stalked the paths in and out of town looking for their share, more often than not trying to take it from penniless locals that paid with their lives. No, he had no time for such irresponsible, self-absorbed fools.

Daeleth begged the Captain to speak with the Duchess about her newest call to arms. Let the watch handle it, let him take a squad into the woods and dispatch this newest threat. Two squads maybe. Adventurers were neither needed nor wanted in Daggerford, he tried to explain to the Captain. "Give me 8 or 10 good boys from the watch, Captain!" he begged. "We grew up here, we know these lands, we don't need any arrogant wizards and tomb-raiders blowing holes through the country-side."

"You're right," the Captain said simply. "But we can't spare the watch for this, so you'll lead them to where they need to go and keep them in check." The Captain slapped one of the Duchess' flyers into Daeleth's chest as he walked past, the priest standing there mouth agape. "And you might want to get your mace silvered," the Captain added with a chuckle and a nod as he walked out of the barracks, "that piece of steel may just piss them off."

DescriptionMedium height yet broad-shouldered, Daeleth looks as if he might have spent his earlier days working the fields, which is fairly accurate. His family owns several acres of farmland south of Daggerford proper and as a youth he spent many summers tending the plows and planting seed. His skin is tanned and weathered, and he wears a large mustache above a clean shaven chin. While his dark facial hair is kept well-trimmed, strands of long and unruly black hair run down to his shoulders from under a wide-brimmed leather hat; he tries to keep it tied back but it more often than not falls loose, to his obvious irritation.

Daeleth wears a long overcoat which bears the emblem of Daggerford over the left breast under which he dons whatever clothing seems appropriate at the time. If expecting trouble he will don a chain shirt under his normal attire, but a padded gambeson is the usual. Whether on or off duty, a large mace hangs from his belt...more than a few of Daggerford's more 'troublesome' residents would not shed so much as a tear if something happened to the young investigator, but most are smart enough not to attack an armed member of the militia.

Naturally quiet and observant, Daeleth was an obvious choice when it came time to appoint a new member to the Dutchess' investigation guard. While he has little interaction with the Dutchess, he has met her once and been in her presence numerous times; he greatly respects the woman and would probably give his life for hers without giving it a second thought. She is honorable, personable, and pious and though they serve different gods, he respects all of these qualities.

FearsHis love for the Lady Morwen Daggerford, Dutchess of Daggerford. A woman such as her is greatly above his station, and she has never shown any inclination towards him so he doesn't understand why he feels as he does. Should anyone learn of his feelings for the Dutchess, Daeleth fears being removed from his station and returned to the fields of his family farm, ridiculed and embarrassed. And imagine how she, the Dutchess, might view him? How she might be viewed by the public...the rumors that would begin in the taverns, backrooms, and barracks? No, he must keep these feelings deep down and hidden and concentrate of the task at hand.

Daeleth also fears losing his connection with his god, Helm, and having to face the dangers of his job without the watchful eye of the Vigilant One keeping him safe. Though he puts on a brave face, and indeed he truly feels unafraid when facing his enemies with Helm at his back, how brave might he be should the Watcher abandon him...how would he fare against the darkness alone?

Role-Playing SampleWIP

I hope you don't mind the Twilight domain from UA, I think it might fit in well with the campaign. I haven't played the Curse of Strahd, or even really looked at Ravenloft since the early 90's, but the gothic feel and the Twilight domain seem to fit well I think. I'll have something up in the background later this afternoon hopefully and I am also currently working on a role-playing sample to put here, as I obviously don't have any on this site to link you

Last edited by Levistus; 06-17-2020 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Grammar, spelling, etc.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 364
Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin
Looks like MoldyNolds just beat me to the creepy-druid-whose-near-death-experience-opens-his-eyes-to-the-greater-truths-of-the-universe character concept, so I guess it's back to the drawing board.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:41 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
There can be only one.

I mean hey though, you never know... there could be two creepy druids in the same party! I'm sure stranger things have happened! *is currently playing in a majority-bard game*
Old 06-15-2020, 09:29 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hello, Levistus, and welcome! I looked over the Twilight cleric, and it looks all right to me- and definitely very thematic!
Old 06-16-2020, 08:56 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3687
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkin View Post
Looks like MoldyNolds just beat me to the creepy-druid-whose-near-death-experience-opens-his-eyes-to-the-greater-truths-of-the-universe character concept, so I guess it's back to the drawing board.
Heh, sorry about that! Durin's right, no reason we can't have two creepy druids who are still vastly different in terms of abilities and personality! Haas is a Spore Druid with a focus on close combat. Lots of other circles and builds to play with!
Old 06-16-2020, 11:15 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28
Dirty Magic
EDIT: Given the willingness to accept a Warforged, I've posted the completed application as a new post.

right-aligned image

I've never played Strahd. But I get that the jist is gothic: vampire, werewolf, bitey-things-in-the-night. Thick mist and stone outcroppings. Sooo... how do you feel about having Frankenstein's monster in the party?

I'll pitch an outline and you can yay or nay before I fill in a full application since he's not one of your pre-approved races.

Harpax is a construct (functionally a Warforged). His masters built him and his kind, forged from stone and steel and the cruelest of magics to create the toughest of warriors for their ongoing war. The big hook is that Harpax needs to be out of his element to be really interesting... he's been torn from the war effort in his homeland to be loaned to another empire to fight monsters, or as a "loaner" for the empire to test out with an eye towards a trade agreement that would include the purchase of manufactured warriors of his sort.

He's always been structured, well entrenched in the chain of command, confident, fearless. But now he doesn't have his comfortable military order or his familiar enemies. He's stuck confronting his identity as he is now physically different and emotionally alone.

I don't see him as simplistic like a golem. I think he was originally a human volunteer twisted into his current shape through nasty arcane processes. He's intelligent and emotional but sheltered and used to being exceptional in a role he doesn't get to play anymore.

Name: Harpax
Race: Functionally, a Warforged. Physically, he's an amalgam of rock and flesh and steel. Please see lumpy guy -->
Alignment: Lawful Neutral?
Background: Soldier?

Class: Honestly doesn't matter that much. He needs to be something fighty... paladin of conquest or vengeance seems ideal, though I'm willing to change that up to make an interesting character that fits with the party. UA Monster Hunter might be fun (he may have been recently "reprogrammed" by his masters as part of the potential trade deal; he'd also have to struggle with his new set of abilities). Even hexblade could be fun. I'll pin this down quick if you're willing to consider the application.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Dirty Magic; 06-25-2020 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:26 AM
zoot's twin sister, dingo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2824
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Eleoi
left-aligned image
Name: Eleoi Limno Nomei
Race: Genasi (Water)
Alignment/Religion: Chaotic Neutral. He would likely think of himself as Chaotic Good, though his curiosity, vanity, and overall poor sense of consequence tend to slide him back into Chaotic Neutral. Eleoi was raised to respect primordials and magical creatures, both native and outsiders to Toril. Noteably, this included Akadi the Queen of Air, Ishtishia the King of Water Elementals, Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud, and Bwimb the Baron of Ooze. Belief in them is more of a harsh anima-philosophy than a worship so whether any of them were actually alive or not is ultimately irrelevant. His understanding is that they are the raw, natural forces of the world and uninterested in the fate of mortals. Eleoi sees the humanoid pantheons as ephemeral but otherwise without either disdain or reverence. When encountering any vocally-pious follower of a deity, he is aloof, usually blinking at their pronouncements before deciding to think about something more interesting.
Background: Feature: Harrowing Event

Eleoi's discovery of his magic resulted in a local village's uprising against his mother, a wicked and powerful witch of the wild swampland. Ever since her disappearance, Eleoi sees shapes within certain patches of shadows that, deep down he recognizes. He knows neither the shadows' motives nor his mother's fate. She may seek revenge upon him, or want to continue her experiments to unleash some hidden power she saw in his mysterious genasi heritage, or try and coerce him to return to his servitude to her. Similarly, he doesn't know if she simply laid a curse upon him, perished and is haunting him from beyond the veil, or survived the attack and is torturing him from afar with her magicks.
Haunted One
Class: Bard (Glamour)

Background:

Description: Eleoi Limno Nomei goes about his day somewhat absently, with a slight swagger and bounce in his step that cause the trails of his decorative kimono to ripple in his wake. He is usually staring off into the distance, in his own little silent and well-practiced melodrama, but only long enough to let himself be seen doing so, at which point he just happens to notice his onlookers with welcome surprise. He flashes them his dimpled grin, though his full, round cheeks make the smile seem wider than it really is. In truth, he was just posing until his audience noticed him. Eleoi's skin, a pale and muted green, toughens into scattered, opalescent scales along his limbs. His hair is long and aquamarine. Every now and then it wavers as if catching some unseen, lazy current with nowhere in particular to go. He attempts to soften his alien quality among the more human cities by hiding them in plain sight; he often paints diamonds over his deep eyes and dresses in ornately motifed robes, as if to appear as a performer of some sort. All manner of kitschy copper trinkets adorn him: a circlet with fine chains, flat earrings, mismatched bangles. Each tried to sparkle but they mostly just tarnished. That tarnish, and his presentation as a performer, might have been the most earnest things about him.

Despite being more good-natured than good, Eleoi isn't entirely bad either. He's shared many heartfelt moments with his companions throughout all manner of do-goodery, though it was sometimes questioned if it were just a collateral benefit for the genasi. That he relished the subsequent praise and fame was only thinly veiled. But the lagoon-born singer was a mostly pleasant traveling companion all the same. He'd garnered a few nicknames, mostly affectionately, in his travels and performances: Siren, Breathless, Swampsong, Croaking-Frog. There was always a song for every occasion, across any pitch, in his lulling and lilting voice. He was often the first to crack a joke, especially in the face of some inevitably worsening danger. His placid facade rarely showed any bother, though there were times when his normally quick-qitted remarks came out perhaps a bit too quickly, such as when he thought he saw a disturbance in the surface of nearby swimming hole, or when a knobby shadow danced in campfire light at his flank.

Fears: Being alone in a group and being truly known.

Eleoi also fears snakes. One of his mother's methods was to have her familiar, a great python, attack or threaten him. His aversion goes deeper than that, since his mother's pet snake was everything she ever wanted Eleoi to be: ruthless, merciless, and dependent.

Roleplaying Samples:

Curse of Strahd: I'd been asked by a friend to GM Curse of Strahd before (outside of RPGX), but scheduling fell apart before our first session could take place. I've read through the introduction and the beginning of the mini-module to level players from 1 to 3, but I also feel confidant in avoiding metagaming, to generate authentic re/actions and properly get into the character's headspace

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Portrait A.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	85293   Click image for larger version

Name:	PortraitA3.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	85294  

Last edited by cottontailwind; 06-19-2020 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Ornery word fixes
Old 06-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@DirtyMagic: I would be willing to allow a warforged, as long as it's the most recent updated version from Eberron: Rising from the Last War, rather than the older one from Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron- the Armor Class benefits from RLW are, in my opinion, much more balanced. (Free plate armor-equivalent at 1st level... that's basically the same as a free 1500 gold. No thanks haha)

@cottontailwind: Welcome!
Old 06-18-2020, 02:00 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 364
Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin
I kept coming back to my original concept, so I'll stick with it. Mechanically, I see him being a ranged/support build. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Callan Realta

Race: Human

Alignment: Neutral. Callan will comply with the laws of the land, despite them being transitory creations scratched onto pieces of paper. But he also follows the laws of the universe, which are hardwired into the cosmos themselves and have governed since time immemorial. When the two conflict, the latter will always win. They are neither good nor evil. They simply are.

Class: Druid (Circle of Stars)

Background: Combination of Hermit and Outlander
Personality Trait 1: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home
Personality Trait 2: I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan
Ideal: The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization
Bond: I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it
Flaw: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation fail to quell

Description/Personality: Callan is a young man with dark hair and blue eyes, standing about 5’10” with a lean build. Once upon a time, he might have fallen somewhere between unmemorable and blandly handsome. His looks didn’t change after his epiphany, yet he now seems to have a light, ethereal quality, and is generally unfazed by what is happening around him.

His eyes seem perpetually unfocused, giving the impression that he’s staring off into the distance at something that only he can see. He speaks in a mellow, dreamy, almost sing-song voice which rarely varies in tone regardless of what he is doing. Some people find him intriguing; others find him deeply unsettling.

Fears: He fears that is not in control of his own destiny, or that whatever destiny he has is one of perpetual violence. From his family making him carry a cudgel to ward off wolves and poachers from their farm, to the Baron taking him and conscripting him to fight monsters, to the stars taking him and sending him off to their own ends (which often involve him killing someone or something), he fears that he is some sort of perpetual pawn that others move around to their own ends, and that he is good for little more than violence on their behalf. He’s good at it, and appreciates the feeling of a job well done. But, he is also scared about what would happen if he starts enjoying it too much, or if there comes a point where he can no longer see the lives of others as having any meaning or value.

Some part of him, which he tries to ignore at all costs, fears that he went insane in those woods, perhaps to cope with the trauma of almost being mauled to death by a monster. The idea that the cosmos would pick some random, insignificant farmboy out of the innumerable people across the world to fulfill their special missions and to implement some grand plan of the universe—narcissistic delusions of grandeur? And at first, when he tried to explain to people the signs he saw in the stars, and to explain how they connected to everything, none of them could ever see it, and most looked at him like he was crazy. Could they have been right? Is he just living one big, waking delusion?

Roleplaying Samples:
Vic Kedge – In The Court of the Blind Matron (D&D 5e)

Garrett Higgins – Masks of Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Zero)
Prior experience with Barovia/ Curse of Strahd: None

Last edited by Talkin; 06-30-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:28 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 120
ShadSkad ShadSkad
Very intersted in playing.
Have to get ready for work but I'll post an app later today.

Leaning towards playing a human ranger (Monster slayer)
Old 06-19-2020, 11:58 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 768
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Lol, I love how the above post appears just as I'm coming to submit my Ranger application. May the best Ranger win!
Vraig's Application
right-aligned image

Vraig Holimion
Male Half-Elf Ranger 3 (Gloomstalker)
Hometown: Ilighôn
Background: Faction Agent (Emerald Enclave)

Appearance: Vraig stands an unremarkable 5'8" tall, with a slight build, perfect for slipping between the trees. He has mid-length brown hair and a full beard, both of which are noticeably unkempt. His eyes are mismatched, his left green and his right gray. He wears simple brown leather armor, with sturdy black leather boots. This is covered by a forest green cloak, fastened at his neck by a gold clasp emblazoned with the symbol of the Emerald Enclave.

Personality: Vraig is a light-hearted and optimistic person, always ready to crack a joke or make light of a difficult situation. He has a pronounced mischievous streak, and enjoys messing with people, friend and foe alike. Vraig has immense belief in himself - no matter what mistakes he makes he will never dwell on them, always believing he has the capacity to put things right. He has strong instincts, in which he puts a great amount of trust. Vraig rarely stops to seek advice or think a situation through, and becomes bored easily, always seeking out new experiences. He is gregarious and particularly loves to share an ale with new people in front of a fireplace, sharing tales of adventure or gossip about the Lords of the Sword Coast and their various intrigues. He is primarily motivated by his desire to do great deeds in defence of the natural realms, that Vinhaelir might forgive him and recognize him as, if not quite his equal, worthy of his respect as a hunter of Undead.

Backstory:

Samples

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vraig.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	85339  

Last edited by SnakeOilCharmer; 06-19-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:49 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Everyone: I'm planning on posting a review of the new submissions, probably tomorrow but if not then, by the end of the weekend!

Last edited by DurinVII; 06-19-2020 at 12:50 PM.