RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 03:47 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19686
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posting interest. I'm going to peruse some class guides and see what catches my eye. Could always use another druid
Old 06-19-2020, 05:27 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5114
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Sorry for the delay, Durin VIII. The application is complete, I think. If you would like me to change something, please let me know.

Jannosz
right-aligned image
Name: Jannosz
Class: Bard (College of Glamour)
Race: Half-Vistani / Human (Variant)
Alignment: CN
Deity: None

Background: Charlatan

Trait 1: No matter where I am and what I do, I always put on a show. And I make sure it is an extravagant one!
Trait: Life is short, usually shorter than one expects it to, so I try to enjoy it to the fullest. What others call vices I call experiences.
Ideal: Independence – I have friends and enemies like everybody else, but above all I am my own person, beholden to none. I may choose to bind myself to a person or cause, but I will only follow as far as I feel like it.
Fear: My greatest fear is the loss of my freedom, in all its possible aspects. Whether because of an imprisoned body, an imprisoned mind or an imprisoned heart, without freedom life is not worth living.
Bond: Mami (grandma) Nerville is the one person I would never betray. She was the one to take me under her wing and teach me the way of the city when my mother mysteriously disappeared. I owe her everything.
Flaw: With perhaps a single exception, I am the most important person in my life. No matter how noble the cause or worthy my companions I mainly care about serving myself, though I am not so foolish as to let others know of the fact.

Description: Jannosz, having the mixed blood of his Vistana mother and unknown father stands taller than most Vistani and has a fairer skin. His most remarkable feature are his eyes of deep blue that easily captivate the gaze of others. Jannosz is especially proud of his well groomed mustache, his high quality, though somewhat garish, clothes and the distinctive perfume he wears. Under any circumstances he dresses and acts to impress.

Personality: For Jannosz life is a game, a game he is determined to win. The half-Vistana musician, spy and seducer is nothing if not memorable and flamboyant, always attempting to take control of a situation and draw the attention of others. He detests silence and always finds a tale to recount, a suitable comment to add or a song to sing. He sometimes acts foolishly, but this is usually an act meant to make others underestimate him and become less careful with keeping their secrets. If he sees a situation that he could take advantage of, he usually does.

Backstory: Jannosz is one of the very rare cases of a child with Vistani blood born in Faerun. The circumstances of his birth are unknown to him because his mother, Suzenna, absolutely refused to speak about his father. Jannosz likes to think that he was some handsome and adventurous Waterdhavian noble and often likes to play the part of the noble heir. The first one and a half decades of his life were years of constantly traveling the world, from the Spine of the World in the north to the Shining Plains in the south and from the Sea of Swords in the west to the Sea of Fallen Stars in the east. In their journeys he learnt a great deal from his mother: how to care for the horses and repair the wagon, how to brew tea and cook stew, how to play the viol and sing with passion, how to make the dice roll and cheat at cards and how to capture the attention of men and the hearts of women. Above all else, she showed him the way to weave the magic inherent in music into meaningful and wonderful patterns in order to influence and amaze. All this she taught him and more, though some things she would never speak of: her people, her homeland, the reason she came to the Sword Coast. There was only one name he had been able to glean from her in the years they traveled and lived together: Barovia. Jannosz imagined a land of fertile plains full of grazing cattle, prosperous villages and magnificent castles, taverns full of tales, song and dance. Suzenna merely shook her head and called him a fool, but no matter what she said and did, she failed to curb the boy‘s imagination.

It all came to an end shortly after Jannosz‘ fourteenth birthday. Mother and son had camped outside Kryptgarden forest, intent on visiting Waterdeep. The two dined on freshly prepared mushroom stew next to the bonfire and enjoyed an aromatic herbal tea, Suzenna sung sweetly while Jannosz was playing the viol and when the moon was high in the sky, both lay down to sleep, eager to be on their way to the big city come sunrise. When the morning song of the robin woke the boy, Jannosz realized that his mother was gone. There were no signs of struggle, no footprints of strange men leading to the wagon, no letter explaining her absence, nothing to calm the anxiety in his heart. Not letting fear get the better of him, Jannosz decided to wait for his mother. If she had she been taken away against her will, she was sure to find a way to return to him. The days passed and after a fortnight the boy ran out of supplies and, perhaps more importantly, out of hope of ever seeing his mother again. Hoping that his sweet voice, his mastery of musical instruments and other, less advertised skills his mother had taught him, would allow him to survive in a populous city, Jannosz headed to Waterdeep.

The great city proved initially more dangerous than any wilderness the boy had ever visited, competing nobles, influential merchants, bloodthirsty gangs and powerful wizards making everyday life for a boy with little gold and even less experience in Waterdeep’s busy streets and dark alleyways especially risky. Thankfully, the latest proprietor of the once famous „Three Pearls Nightclub“, now considered „out of fashion“ by most people of importance, took Jannosz under her wing. Madame Nerville Erhalleon, an elderly but still stunningly beautiful half-elf, saw promise in the boy aimlessly wandering the streets and decided to offer him a new home. Jannosz became her errand boy, informer, entertainer and some claim even her lover, though the last is an accusation born of envy and not fact. The now young man took to city life like a fish takes to water, paying heed to madame Nerville‘s advice and taking advantage of her experience. He played the viol, sung, danced, joked, gambled, stole, flirted, seduced and enjoyed as much luxury as only a city such as Waterdeep could offer him for his, sometimes ill-gained, coin. Besides good food and strong drink, lovely music and the excitement of dice or cards, Jannosz‘ true passion was the company of the fair sex. When he loved he loved with fierce passion, ready to sacrifice almost anything for a beautiful face and a bright smile, though the flames in his heart were usually extinguished when a girl, more beautiful than the one he was courting, came along. The greatest of his conquests was Velia Urmbrusk, youngest daughter of one of the more influential aristocratic families of Waterdeep. When Lord Urmbrusk learnt of his daughter‘s dalliance with a „nobody“ he was quick to assuage her fears about him having the young seducer hurt. He swore to secure the young man’s heart for her… literally. Bidding his patroness a quick farewell, Jannosz left the city under cover of darkness and headed south. Perhaps he would be safe in Daggerford. He couldn’t possibly be in danger in such a backwater town, could he?

Roleplaying Sample
Old 06-19-2020, 11:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28
Dirty Magic
For the record, I'm still quite interested... just scheming.
With any luck, I'll have Harpax fleshed out in a few days at most. At this point, I'm honestly leaning towards a Warlock. Never played one, seems fun.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 120
ShadSkad ShadSkad

Name: Kirran Taruvian
Race: Shifter
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background (mechanical): Guild Artisan

Background: Kirran 'Kren' Taruvian was born a shifter in a merchant family. Her parents treated her with a surprising amount of kindness, even explaining to her siblings that the difference they saw was nothing to be feared or ridiculed.

Everyone in her family treated her well, though she tended to keep away from the public. She did not dislike them but in her experience, many of them seemed to avert their eyes whenever she came near, sometimes going as far as crossing the road to avoid her path.

Because of the unintentional shunning from her neighbors and the pitying looks from her family, she spent most of her time outside the city. The animals didn't seem to mind her as much as the city folk and neither did the travelling people she met outside her city. They were of course taken aback by her appearance but warmed up to her well enough.

Her visits outside became more frequent, and though her family had sent her letters of love it seemed better for everyone that she stay away. She found people to teach her the ways of the wild, got in a few fights and went on a quest or two. And when she's in serious trouble, though she is loathe to admit it...she will request aid from her family.

Description: She is 5'7 (128 lb), slim and toned from her aerobic lifestyle. she has shoulder length black hair, yellow eyes and sharp nails on her fingers and toes.
She is aloof but self conscious about her apparent shifter appearance.

She spends a good amount of time hunting, mixing herbs into concoctions and frolicking.
She spends some time trading and talking with humans, even joking with some of them. She spends a lot more time chasing and playing games with animals...sometimes she ends up playing a bit too rough with the smaller animals...and well why waste a meal.

She does not take kindly to innocent people being bullied, hurt, etc. She is against evil and uncontrolled beasts because they give her kind a bad name. She spends much of her time tracking and killing them, but she also tries to understand them.
"Why have they become like this, why have I become what I am. Why do they seem to lose control... and is it my own destiny to also eventually lose control. Perhaps it would be better for the world if I just.... no I can't think like that. There has to be a choice. There has to be a choice.."

She generally wears dark green, brown or black clothing. She speaks in the most common accent though she has a bit of a rasp to her voice.

She is most interested in finding out more of her bestial nature and how she came to be that way. Beyond that, she would like to find more shifters who need help or guidance. She knows that most shifters have had a much worse lot in life...she does not feel that she can bring them the life they desire, but she hopes to help them if she can.

Fears: She is most afraid that her bestial nature will go outside of her control. It would validate every hateful comment she's heard about wild beast like humans. It would confirm her very real fear that they are right, that she is monster and shouldn't even exist. (This thought sometimes makes her feel that the only way to correct this is her own death, though she pushes against that thought.)

Roleplaying Sample:

Oh! i forgot to mention,
I have no experience whatsoever with curse of strahd. i know

are involved.

Last edited by ShadSkad; 06-27-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:34 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19686
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
DONE-ish

I don't have any experience with Curse of Strahd.

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Arila "Trix" Farstrider
Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Mystic
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Insight and Perception. Pan Pipes. (Language).Far Traveler
Personality Trait: I become easily attached to others, and struggle with the concept of personal space.
Ideal: Knowledge is everywhere, waiting to be discovered. I want to see and learn it all.
Flaw: I'm a sucker for pretty people and pretty things.
Roles: Information and utility. Insight, Perception, Stealth and Recon. Possible battlefield control and/or party healing. Keep up the party's spirits.

Description: Trix is small, even for a gnome, barely reaching two feet tall and tipping the scales at a mere 20 pounds. Her wild hair falls around her face in untamed curls, even more disheveled after spending a day in the undergrowth. Wide violet eyes peek out from behind blue strands of hair, an almost unconscious manifestation of Trix's powers, determined to reflect and add to the beauty of the world. While she has an appreciation for beautiful clothes and shiny baubles, she tends toward simpler garb that holds up better to her wandering lifestyle, and avoids excessive jewelry that could easily get caught on a branch while running through the woods.

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 06-29-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:57 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ShadSkad ShadSkad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilCharmer View Post
Lol, I love how the above post appears just as I'm coming to submit my Ranger application. May the best Ranger win!
Lolol
No competition, im glad to have another ranger in the party. We can share the burdens of tracking
Old 06-21-2020, 02:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ShadSkad ShadSkad
Ok i finished my character sheet http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=85372

please let me know if i messed up

Last edited by ShadSkad; 06-21-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:41 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 943
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Hello, everyone! Here's another set of reviews for the applications that have been completed since the last round!

Old 06-21-2020, 04:49 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5114
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Thanks for the feedback, Durin.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:26 PM
zoot's twin sister, dingo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2824
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Psst...
Old 06-21-2020, 11:00 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Don't mind me
Old 06-21-2020, 11:15 PM

Tools
User Statistics
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Old 06-21-2020, 11:20 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
definitely no secret text here
Old 06-21-2020, 11:32 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ShadSkad ShadSkad
I can't wait, i'm so excited!

also #secrets

Last edited by ShadSkad; 06-21-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics