twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-28-2020, 10:11 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
HogwartsDragon HogwartsDragon
I think I am going to try to sneak in and application tomorrow for this.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2950
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Cutoff is almost here. Good luck, everyone!
Old 06-29-2020, 01:33 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1088
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Indeed! Decisions will be out in around 24 hours!
Old 06-29-2020, 01:47 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have not played/read/GM’d Curse of Strahd before.

Application Name: Wilt
Race: Firbolg
Alignment: Neutral good
Background: Haunted One

right-aligned image

Class: Warlock, Fiend

Background: Before Wilt was born, his clan’s territory was being threatened with extinction. To stop it, his father, the clan chief, made a deal with a demon; a deal that would relegate his first born to the duty of Orcus, the demon prince. The decision was not made lightly, or without regret, but it was made none-the-less.

At 21, still young for his kind, but no longer a child, the chief’s son was finally ready to be of use to Orcus. In a display of the power that he might one day yield, either to entice the boy by the power, or frighten him into submission, necrotic energy rippled from him siphoning the life energy from every creature nearby. It left a ring of withered decay around where he stood, and his father dead in front of him.

Outcast for what he now was, he took on the fitting name of Wilt, and left his home, knowing he’d never return. He was out of balance with nature now, Orcus only granting him powers to bring death, not life. In a desperate try to find balance again, Wilt has sought to do good in the world, even if he could only help by bringing death to those who might deserve it.

Description: Wilt is a youthful looking Firbolg, fairly tall at 7’4 and of a lithe weight that might hide his actual strength. He has pale blue skin, and brown hair that falls longer in the front than in the back and blue eyes brighter than his skin tone. His ears are long and pointed, but covered in fluffy brown fur, and he has a flat, pinkish hued nose. He often wears his traveling cloak with the hood pulled up and often looks over his shoulder, as if he’s never quite at ease and ready for whatever jumps out of the dark.

For being young, Wilt is not one that is full of energy. Instead, there is a quiet, soft spoken nature to him, not born of shyness, but out of guilt that he carries like a weight. That guilt is a large part of what drives him to being an adventurer (That, and being outcast from his tribe has given him limited options). But, if he can do some good and help those in need, maybe, just maybe, he can look at himself in a mirror again. He isn’t unfriendly, just cautious about how much others know about him, worried about being outcast further should anyone find out about his pact.

Trait: I don’t talk about the thing that haunts me.
Ideals: I’ll try to help those in need, to keep balance for the evil I do.
Bonds: A terrible guilt consumes me, I hope that I can find redemption through my actions.

Fears: Wilt’s biggest fear is being once again used to bring death to someone that he cares about and of Orcus himself.

Roleplaying Sample:

Last edited by HogwartsDragon; 06-29-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Edited a link
Old 06-29-2020, 02:35 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old 06-29-2020, 03:01 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old 06-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14488
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Temazira "Tema"

Class: Fighter 1 / Cleric 2 - War Domain

Race: Half Orc

Appearance: Tema stands at an imposing six feet five inches tall, and probably weighs in somewhere between two hundred thirty and two hundred fifty pounds, though it is difficult to tell with the heavy armor she has on.
She's an odd mix of human and orc for sure as her facial structure could pass for human were it not for the pointy ears and "tusk" teeth jutting out from the bottom of her jaw over her top lip. Her skin tone is just as muddled, it being a mix of olive, tan and a hint of dark gray. She has brown hair, golden colored eyes, and a scar running almost vertical, down the left side of her face, right over the center of her eye, from her forehead to stop about even with the bottom of her nose.
Though she's dressed for battle in her battered and worn plate mail armor, she even looks to have war paint on her left cheek. On closer inspection, however, the war paint can be seen to be a birthmark.

5e Background: Knight of the Order (Order of the Silver Fang)

Backstory: Tema was born into a small village near Murann. Her parents have a decent sized farm, mostly dealing with sheep, though they grow crops as well. All are sold in the city.
Both of her parents are human, and she decided long ago not to ask how she was half orc, as they were her parents and they had always stated that she was their daughter and it did not matter. They did offer to tell her when she was older once she came home upset at the teasing (that didn't last long due to how fast she grew and how big she got), but she declined.
It quickly became evident that she had a love for fighting, and kept seeking out bigger and bigger "bullies" or just tough folk to scrap with. Sometimes it was friendly sometimes not.
Fearing she'd end up a thug or criminal before long, her parents went to a small temple/shrine of Tempus, aka Gond for guidance since he was the God of war and battles.
An older priest saw Tema's birthmark, and her "fangs" and became convinced she was "touched" by Tempus and should join the order immediately - particularly the almost extinct Order of the Silver Fang.
She had to be trained to a high level before she could be sent to where the order had their own temple, or training location. So, under the "employ" of the Order, she was sent to train with a half-orc "hunter", or Monster hunter named Mahleg so that she would gain fighting skills. She'd also need to learn to survive against all manner of beast and man - both natural and unnatural, and this was what Mahleg put her up against.
This fit right with Tema's mindset, and she was actually not happy when after a few years, which went by too quickly in her opinion, her training was said to be over. She was sent to an obscure temple of Tempus south of the Starspire Mountains, near the River Sulduskoon, and not far from Zazesspur.
Here she dove into the teachings of Tempus and the ways and training of the Knights. At her initiation, she was donned with heavy armor, decked out with weapons of her choosing that she fought well with, and sent into the mountains to battle a small band of orcs, or all things, that had been raiding some villages. This was her final test and graduation in a sense. Upon returning, she had been told that now her armor was scuffed, dented, and battleworn, and deserving of a true Battleguard. Given the rank of such, she was also given a new holy symbol, that of an open faced helm in the color of the crimson hue of blood and all her clothes and garments were replaced with those colored red or amber.
As all of the order save her were old and nearing feeble times, a radical decision was made. Their new charge would be sent North, under her own guidance and that of Tempus to take his ways and more specifically that of their order, to places it has never been. It's time for a change.
Before she left, she heard a huge debate as if this was a bad idea, and the highest ranking Battleguard of the Order of the Silver Fang wasn't thinking clearly, and Tema needed to stay here and try to infuse the order with more young members. The reply was that this kind of thinking hadn't worked in decades, so it was time for something new.

So, her goal is to go where Tempus takes her and after a night of drinking at a bar in Waterdeep she headed for Daggerford, hearing about some trouble she decided she'd find in the name of Tempus and the order. It may not be the best idea she's ever had.

Fears: Failure. She's the last of the order, and Failure is not an option.

RP Sample

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 06-29-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:32 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome, Drachenspirit!

Last edited by DurinVII; 06-29-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7593
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Lily Archa
right-aligned image
Lady of Death, Lily Archa
Tiefling Wizard of Necromancy

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Criminal
Personality Trait: I am always calm, no matter what situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Personality Trait: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those that seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Ideal: Freedom: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those that would forge them.
Bond: Something important was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back.

Appearance: Lily is tall and lithe, standing taller than most Human and Tiefling women. She presents as female, but does not go out of the way to hide her male characteristics, such as the stubble of her mustache or her lack of breasts. She is not interested in hiding what she was born as, she is interested in being herself and as glamours as possible. She has shoulder length white hair which she brushes religiously to maintain it's soft and silky appearance. She has green eyes that dazzle against her purple toned skin.

Lily wears a long black cloak with a high collar with a high neck form-fitting dress that flairs our from the hip to give her more freedom of movement. She has several dresses that she carries to vary her look, but they are typically muted earth tones, if the situation requires it she may spice up her color pallet with a bit of red or bright green with the use of a simple spell. In most cases fitting in overrides the need for glamour. She wears simple silver earrings in the form of ancient arcane symbols. She also wears a pendant of silver which is in the shape of a raven skull with the beak pointed downwards.

Character History: Born to a servant to the Necromancer, Thalium Archa, Arden Gartine (as Lily was known at the time) showed great potential in the mastery of spells. Thalium forced his parents to give up their rights to rear their child and Arden was adopted by the necromancer taking the name Arden Archa.

In short order the Gartine family was dismissed from the Archa household, and Arden at the age of nine was completely isolated from his family and bound to Thalium as his imposed father figure. This began a long childhood of rebellion and anger toward his new guardian. He began dressing as a girl at first to antagonize his new father during soirees, but soon he found that he wanted to identify as a woman. This was not looked down on by his new father, but that had little to do with how his guests felt about the cross dressing boy as they called it. At the age of 14 Thalium agreed to address Arden as Lily and he was from then on known as she.

As Lily grew into her teens she learned more and more about what Thalium was studying. It became apparent to her that the old man had plans for her that extended beyond her formative years. She told him that when she became an adult she wanted to go and find her birth parents and to see the rest of the world. Thalium forbade this. He told Lily that she had to remain with him, she was his heir and that she must carry on his work.

As time went on more and more of Lily's freedoms were taken away and Thalium spent more and more time deep below his estate. Lily eventually realized that she was not free at all and she was little more than Thalium's slave, helping him with his dark rituals to unnaturally extend his life. One of these rituals eventually earned her her freedom. Thalium had the idea to use cadaver blood in a potion, the ritual worked, and the years stripped away from the old man, making him appear as though he was only in his forties instead of his true age of more than eighty.

When the ritual was complete the hail Thalium was beside himself with delight and in his new vigor he ventured out into the gardens. Lily was remanded to clean up the mess. From deep inside the estate she heard Thaliums screams and by the time she reached her captor he was not more than a skeleton writhing in pain on the garden path, the sunrise streaking through the trees burning away his flesh. Even if she had wanted to there was little that she could do as the bones themselves continued to dissolve into dust.

Shortly after Lily sold Thalium's holdings and used the money to finance her search for her parents. It has been years been many years and Lily is no closer to finding the parents that were stolen from her than the day she left the Archa estate. The letter from the Duchess brought with it the opportunity to further finance her search as well as to hone her skills, which after Thalium's death had had little opportunity to be used. It was unlikely that there would be any connection to her parents in dealing with werewolves, but the reward would finance years of searching. It was after all better than the other means that she has had to stoop to to finance her search over the years, including theft and blackmail.

Fear: Being captured and put into slavery, or being forced to use her talents and skills against her will.

Last edited by Pendragon; 06-29-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:31 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19699
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Okay, enough with the last-minute excellent applications people. Some of us don't need any more competition

Old 06-29-2020, 08:24 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Well, there's good news too! Due to all the great applications coming in (and the fact that I'd been thinking about doing this since day 1) I'm expanding the party to 7. Really, I'd kind of thought I'd likely end up doing it all along... but it's official now.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5205
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Fingers crossed Love Ravenloft and have not played in it yet in 5th Edition. I have the original box sets.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:56 PM
Fledgling Space Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 254
buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer
Nice! But yes, what NA said!
Old 06-29-2020, 11:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 120
ShadSkad ShadSkad
Most important thing for me to do today tomorrow...

Press F5 after midnight noon.

Last edited by ShadSkad; 06-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1364
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
application
left-aligned image
Name: Toumas Rocheforte
Race: Half-Orc
Alignment: LE
Class: Paladin, Oath of Vengeance

-X-X-X-
Dice Harrowing Event:
1d10 6
Haunted One
Trait #1 I live for the thrill of the hunt.
Trait #2 I refuse to become a victim, nor will I allow others to be victimized.
Ideal I’m the monster that destroys other monsters, and anything else that gets in my way...
Bond I will someday get revenge on the temple who branded me (acolyte)
Flaw I feel no compassion for the dead. After all, they’re the lucky ones.

Backstory: Toumas was born to a relatively well to do human family, though there were many rumors that his father had dabbled in black arts, even going so far as to bed a Succubus. Whether these rumors were true, or mere speculation as to the cause of this "disease" that had taken him, Toumas was not the beautiful baby boy that his parents had expected. Before he had turned 2, he had developed a thick covering of hair, enshrouding most of his body, and strong, sharp teeth protruded from sickly black gums. To all who cared look, it seemed that this boy was more animal than human.

In a desperate bid to rid their son of whatever evil that may have taken hold in him, his parents left the young child on the steps of the Temple of Helm, whose clerics upon seeing the stricken child immediately took him in, and after several attempts claimed to have cured him of the evil that resided within. While indeed most of the hair on his body was gone, what was left was decidedly more thick and oily than normal; And while Toumas had been a relatively happy, if not peculiar child before... He was now distrustful, and standoffish with everyone. His eyes betrayed anger and sadness on a scale that no person, let alone a boy of his age, should experience.

Description: Thick, oily, hair is slicked away from his face, and kept in check under a wide brimmed hat. Toumas does his best to remain well groomed, and with precise facial hair that accentuate his cheeks and mouth. He wears the finest clothes, all dyed black of course, which adorn his broad, well muscled frame. He has weathered, calloused skin, that show peculiar scars which he refuses to talk about.

Last edited by Alemar; 06-30-2020 at 01:01 AM. Reason: fleshing out App