RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-14-2020, 09:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5339
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
No she wont be she is neutral evil, so more out for herself but can certainly work with the others. I will try and get her application finished tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 447
FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight
Quick question, are Variant Humans allowed?
Old 06-15-2020, 05:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
@Fayeflight: Yes, of course.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11129
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Mathias Covaci

Race: Human Variant

Class: Wizard (School of Necromancy)

Background: City Watch (Investigator)

Personality trait 1: I'm always polite and respectful.

Personality trait 2: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.

Ideal: I do what I must and obey just authority.

Bond:My life's work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.

Flaw:Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

Personality: Once a city watch inspector, Mathias always had a curiosity that could not be quelled and a desire to see wrongs righted to the benefit of those he had sworn to serve and protect. In his undeath, this curiosity has not waned but people are little more than pawns in his master's grand game of chess in Barovia. Where once had been a warmth and hope in humanity, his soul has been replaced with a cold and calculating distance from any faith in people or even himself. While his depth of care has waned his regard for motivation has not changed. The forces that inspire are a grandiose puzzle to be unlocked and he revels in manipulating motivation to achieve a desired action. That failing he can always raise the strong willed as shambling corpses under his direction. Thy will be done indeed.

Appearance: A hawkish nose once dominated a face now marred by a horrific scar, courtesy of his past life's resistance to his master's dominion. His hair is jet black, and shoulder length worn shoved over to one side to ensure his scar is revealed for all to see. In his new life, he revels in the revulsion is causes others. His dress is meticulous with a tight fitting buttoned vest and fitted slacks.

Backstory: The disappearance of a noble's daughter led Mathias outside the city walls and into the misty forest where he found himself surprisingly turned around and lost. When a large gate with two giant statues flanking it revealed itself out of the fog, he knew something was very wrong. The howl of wolves in the night and a fear that tugged at his soul drove him onward to the small burg of Barovia where he learned that the noble's daughter had been. None would speak of where she had gone but his search inexplicably led him to Castle Ravenloft...the rest is better left unsaid.

RP Sample:

Last edited by tomplum; 06-18-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:26 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1414
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Introduction
left-aligned image
Saphira the "Shadowblade"
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Monk 6 (Shadow) / Ranger 4 (Gloom Stalker)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background: Bounty Hunter (Soldier?)

Synopsis: An Asian themed "Ninja" that is deadly in combat, cunning and skillful. A Dexterity based Character.

Personality Trait: I value silence and speak only when necessary, I despise idle banter.
Personality trait: I am a fierce competitor, often testing myself against others as I strive for perfection.
Ideal: Honor: I shall always act with discipline and never shame myself, or my lord.
Bond: Loyalty: I remain loyal to Baron Strahd, i doubt anything could shake my devotion after all these years.
Flaw: Cruelty: I consider violence an art form and often the only solution.

DescriptionAppearance:
Personality:

BackgroundBackstory:
RP Sample:

OOCMechanics: Are the +2 bonuses from vampire able to push an Ability Score above 20?
Are U feats allowed specifically the "skill +1" Feats

Notes: Still debating the build , Monk six gets me shadow step which I think is the quintessential skill....ever read "Knight of the Rose" Lord Soth is amazing.
after that id like to be able to meta-game...warlock if we have other warlock/gloomstalkers...literally might need it (darkness)
rogue for expertise/Sneak attack
maybe even fighter or more monk

Last edited by JohnStone; 06-23-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Johnstone: Your character's vampirism does come after 10 levels as adventurers or whatnot so yes, the +2's from vampire template can give you a score above 20.
I'm sorry, I haven't read Knight of the Rose.
My games are more about RP than mechanics so Meta-gaming, I would like to avoid. I would prefer if your class levels make sense in Story/RP.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:50 PM
I am here, where are you?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 247
Grand Poobah Grand Poobah Grand Poobah
@Hal Hamerhand are you ok with an echo knight class. I love the idea of a vamp on a nightmare moving on and off the beast in battle . Biteing someone in a grapple only to attack elsewhere.

Last edited by Grand Poobah; 06-16-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:14 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Grand Poobah: Send me a link of Echo knight class and I'll consider it.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/fighter
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/fighter:echo-knight
I think it is official 5e

Last edited by Grand Poobah; 06-18-2020 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:48 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 405
Aelariana Aelariana Aelariana Aelariana Aelariana
If this is still open, posting interest. Tentatively thinking about a Shadow Sorcerer character.
Old 06-18-2020, 01:33 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Grand Poobah: As much as I like Matt Mercer (alot) i think the Echo knight might be a little...too much for this campaign. Sorry.

@Aerlariana: Yup, still open! Make sure you link me the Shadow Sorcerer.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 06-18-2020 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:19 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@Hal Hammerhand no probs
Old 06-18-2020, 06:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 447
FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight FayeFlight
@Hal Hammerhand
Secondary question, and thank you for answering the first one. Would you allow the Oathbreaker archetype for a Paladin? My current idea is originally the character was an Oath of the Ancients Paladin but after coming into Strahd's service became an Oathbreaker. If not I do have a back up idea but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@FayeFlight: I think I'm going to have to say no to Oathbreaker.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 378
juikej juikej juikej juikej
WIP
right-aligned image

Name:Mikhail Dinlok
Race:Human(variant)
Class:Cleric(Order)(Guildmaster's Guide to Ravenica)(War if that is not acceptable)
Background:Criminal(Enforcer)
Personality traits: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
I am always calm, no matter the situation. I never raise my voice or let me emotions control me.

Ideal:I don't steal from others in the trade.
Bond:Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Flaw:An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that.
Personality:I am loyal to the commander that deserves my loyalty. If he is weak or shows weakness I will crush them under my boot and move on to the next that has proven worthy. If they are worthy, I am loyal even if it means my death. I am cold, I am calculating. I don't look at anything with joy or happiness anymore. It was driven from me years before I entered into the Count's service. Others might stray from the path of righteousness but I will never waver.
Appearance:Standing 6'6", the imposing visage of Mikhail can make men shutter and women weep. His cropped white hair, is white from age. His piercing grey eyes look as if to devour you whole. A deep, jagged scar lines the right side of his face. His powerful build and plate armor emanate as much terror as his great sword he swings in battle cutting down any foe that stands in his way. Draped over his back is a cloak made from the pelt of a wolf.
Backstory:

RP Sample:
Tower of the Mage
Tyranny of Takhisis

Last edited by juikej; 06-29-2020 at 09:34 PM.