twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-27-2020, 05:20 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
@JasontheSwift: You've made good progress, Jason, I'm not trying to rush people. The thread had gotten quiet and it made me worried lol.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:31 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2243
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
fair enough
Old 06-29-2020, 10:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3282
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Vilfaren Kinvara Application
right-aligned image

Name: Vilfaren Kinvara
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Bard 5 / Barbarian 5
Background: Folk Hero
Personality Traits: I am a strong singer and flutist that can play many ancient elven songs. I enjoy the company of people and cannot stand being lonely.
Ideals: Music is a path to bring people of all races and alignments together for love and joy.
Bonds: I am searching for a way to return to my past self, I fear I am losing the connection to music.
Flaws: I must make amends for destroying any living organism.
Personality: Vilfaren is an elf that enjoys each and every day more than the last and carries an optimistic view towards the world around her. She is very understanding of others and tries to bring people together with music. She believes that all races can co-exist and that only those with evil intentions would create walls between creatures with good intent. Ever since the banishment she has found that she has not enjoyed music quite as much as she had before. She wants to, but she does not have the patience nor the focus to play for long. Some days she does not play at all anymore. She has vowed to get back at the wizard that disrupted her previous life and has been waiting for the day that she can return to Faerun. She is hopeful that there will be a time that she is able to leave the vampires and regain her vibrant attitude as she has recently come to believe that life in the dark and dreary land might be the issue.
Appearance: Vilfaren was a beautiful and graceful elf in every sense in her past life. Now she is a fraction of her former self. Her long brown hair has been turned from flowing locks to a semi-gnarled tangle of hair. She is still very tall and lean but now instead of a agile grace she carries herself with a tougher edge. Her clothes and armor have turned from light shades of gray and blue to darker worn clothes. While she is still beautiful, her current situation has brought a rough edge to Vilfaren.
Backstory: Vilfaren was a part of a musical troupe of elves that traveled the countryside of Faerun as a circus of sorts. She is a master at playing an elven flute and knows many different ancient elven songs. She often led the group when they played shows in different stops throughout the country and has become fairly well known in the areas in which the group has played. The musicians had been travelling through Mournwind Pass on their way through the valley when they were attacked by a powerful wizard who sought to control the people of the area. She was separated from the rest of her group and banished to another plane by the evil wizard. Vilfaren is looking to find a way back to her home plane and has been helping the vampires in hopes that someone will know how to get her back. Since the banishment Vilfaren has had many nightmares and does not feel like her usual self.

Roleplay Sample: Waverly - Necromancer in the Underdark

The darkness and depression of the subterranean world could be suffocating even at the bets of times. Waverly knew this well from his years of laboring in the caves and tunnels of the world. However, this was a whole other level of oppression. The drow were a wicked race and were intent on manipulating and torturing creatures for seemingly no reason. Each day brought new levels of oppression that Waverly couldn't have imagined.

Waverly sent his first coherent thoughts towards the group as he walked back over to his area on the ground after handing over the crossbow bolt back to the drow guards, Poison, lethal. Most of us would be dead. He sat down and watched as the prince tried to save Ront by addressing the wounds. Waverly passed WIS savewasn't too interested in what happened either way as he just wanted to strengthen his own survival from this crazy place. After they led Ront out Waverly waited for his turn to stand for daily duty.

The guards came and pointed out the newest prisoner Mabel for duty. Next they pointed to Garaera and then Jimjar. Waverly pushed himself back as much as possible and was almost melding himself into the rough rock wall at the back of the pen so as to not be called for duty with some of the most outspoken of the prisoners. Sure enough, his name was chosen to join them. He spent most of his time trying to be as good as possible with his task and to not look at or address any of the others in any way. He was happy that he had only his own thoughts to himself while on duty and postured talking or looking at each other will get us beaten or worse, best to keep completely to myself. They finish their tasks and are led back towards the cell without much pain, although their tasks were absolutely suffering.

Just as he was readying to get back in the cell Waverly was called along with a few others to grab a spade and shovel the spider's meal down to them. The quiet human noticed that Ront was back and missing an arm but didn't say anything or acknowledge the new information. As he was shoveling some food down to the spiders, Waverly noticed the tip of a finger that matched perfectly with it's mirrored twin that was holding a spade and shoveling the mixture down to the spiders just to the man's right. When he realized what had happened the man failed WIS save, 1 level of madnessfelt the weight of all of the rock above come down on him like a pile of bricks on his already fragile mind.

The human stumbled back to the cell and took to the floor as quickly as he could. Anyone paying attention would spot that Waverly was not in his usual position but rather he was near the front of the pen. Even more shocking was when he sent his own thoughts to the group, "We need to get out soon. I've been here for 11 days now and the pen is nearly full. I can slip one of my hands out of my chains and offer some magic to help us get out of here. When I was captured the disfigured one made a mistake and that is why he looks like he does. He could be our way out. We need to get out soon. We need to get out soon. With the last two thoughts Waverly placed his head between his knees and was rocking slightly back and forth.

Last edited by Trmmilwwi; Yesterday at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:04 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 378
juikej juikej juikej juikej
Hal, I am all done. I have made the backstory available to everyone if they want to read it. If anyone has any critiques feel free to send me a private message. I am working on becoming a better writer as I feel like that is something that calls to me. So any kind of insight to help me get better is appreciated. PMing me with it would be preferable so we do not hijack the thread.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:24 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Night of Blood Night of Blood
Hail Hal Hammerhand!

How do you feel about 3rd party supplements? Specifically been eyeballin' stuff in the Dark Arts Player's Companion since I found it online here a while back. The actual link to the PDF is about 3 sentences into the review I think...it's a google drive document. If it's not something you're interested in that's cool, just thought I'd ask (never hurts right?)
Old 06-29-2020, 10:19 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Night of Blood: You are correct! It never hurts to ask cuz you never know what a GM might let you get away with. After looking over the pdf a bit, some skimming. I might have to say no to most of it due to the nature of this game and players already being Vampires. If you wanted to ask about something specific, I can take a second look and decide on that specifically. Thank you for showing interest in my campaign.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:34 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Well, specifically I was looking at the Blood Knight martial archetype for the fighter class, which would mean the hemomancy school of magic as well.

If not, since that is a lot of new material if you're not familiar with it, then I was also considering the Cavalier.

Last edited by Night of Blood; 06-29-2020 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:51 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm gonna withdraw my submission....as much as I'd like to I'm just not feeling this character. I may submit something else if I can get it in by the deadline, otherwise good luck and have fun everyone

Last edited by Night of Blood; 07-05-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Night of Blood: I prefer cavalier since I have seen it in another campaign and I have no issues with it.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:09 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yep I think cavalier would be a better fit too since I started jotting down some background ideas. Thanks for looking into the blood knight though.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:33 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 768
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Kapow
Race: Kenku
Class: Monk (Way of the Open Fist)
Background: Urchin

Personality traits:

I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.
I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets.

Ideal: People. I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive. (Neutral)

Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me.

Flaw: I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.

Personality: Kapow is a willing follower who places a great deal of trust in organizations and hierarchies, and expects loyalty in return. She longs for the approval of her superiors, whoever they may be at a given moment. She is shy in social situations, compounded by her severely limited vocabulary. Kapow enjoys jokes, and when she hears a good one can irritate Strahd's other servants by repeating it over and over for several days.

Having faced starvation as a fledgling back in Baldur's Gate, Kapow places a great deal of importance on feeding, and becomes very anxious when it is delayed. Of course, now she's a vampire, "feeding" means something substantially different. She is never happier than when sneaking up on someone, or defeating a heavily armed and armored opponent without any equipment of her own.

Appearance: Kapow is exactly five feet tall, with jet-black feathers. Her upper legs have patches of white mottling, though these are usually hidden by the comfortable silk pants (in a variety of colors) that she invariably wears. Her body is sinewy, built for speed rather than brute force. As a vampire, her beak (also black) is razor-sharp at its edges. Her eyes, gray as a youngster and brown as an adult, are now an unbroken sea of red.

Backstory:

RP sample: My human bard, in combat.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kenku_by_wanderpus.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	85592  
Old 07-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Raven is done!!!!
Old 07-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
Zangul Zangul
"The name is Nix, I stand 5ft 8in. I weigh 135lbs.my race is Changeling. I'm a thief (assassin subclass). I am an Urban Bounty Hunter. If You are wanted I'll catch you, you want someone caught I'll work for you good or bad, doesn't matter as long as I'm paid. Like they say Coins talk, most definitely gold coins. You come after me you better watch your back, I can be your neighbor, your boss, or the old lady across the street. My Gender is both. I can be male or female, depending on the mark I'm after. I strive to feel like I belong. I believe that everything should be done perfectly. Ideally money is the biggest motivator. I will always be there for the one that is paying me. But, with every good aspect there is a Flaw, Can't help but Gamble. Dice, cards, bets, I'm there. A secret if I tell then it isn't a secret now is it. .Say this is not enough? You wish to know more?"

"pull up a chair, grab a slab of meat and a flagon of ale, and listen as I take you back to a time that one has not forgotten, a time when life was well some what normal. It all started out like a normal day, the crime Syndicate, gave me my orders and my next hit."

"The target was one Mr. Salvatore, he leads The Guild which is the Crime Syndicate number one competition. Now this was not an easy target. But of course I had it all figured out, you see I took the disguise as a young fellow looking to join the Guild. Over a few days learned his routine and who the gaurds were. I managed to take a one gaurds out swamped clothes and took his form. When it was just me and Mr. Salvatore I broke his neck, upon the body going limp and hitting the floor. His body shifted into a form I haven't seen in years. It was Jex my sister. I then fled out of the room and left the Guild. Went to the Hole in the wall (a tavern). On the way dip into the ally and changed back to my regular look. Which is a wood elf named Nailo. That is when I decided to go on my own. Taking bountys whenever I could. Several months have passed and I haven't heard anything from the Crime Syndicate, or the Guild. Then one night I'm sitting alone at a table count the winnings from a game of dice earlier. When I got interrupted by Count Sephiroth.Are you the one called Nix?it caught me off guard, cause I was Nailo at the moment. So I played it off and said no you must be mistaken "

Last edited by Zangul; 07-04-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 768
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
I think Kapow is done; any additions needed?
Old 07-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47
Metafouric
What're your thoughts on the posting rate?