RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1999
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
READY FOR FEEDBACK

Tales of Gaia

NAME: NaxCLASS: SorcererRACE: Human
Background
TitleAdopted
Traits I can find the most childish things entertaining
Ideal Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, of course this includes myself (Any)
Bond What happened at my birth, I know it is important somehow.
Flaw I hoard what’s mine, and am quite possessive. I find it hard to allow others to touch my things, or even give away/sell an item of mine.
Descriptions
Physical = Nax appears to be a youth with a spring in his step. With long hair fixed up in a braid, his eyes like sapphires and fair skin, which is interesting when a young man lives in essentially a giant blacksmith furnace for so many years. While wearing some nice clothing, he tends to wear an old blacksmiths apron, since it feels nicer on his body.
Personality Nax is a cheerful youthful spirit, trying to smile as often as he can, as he feels it shows more strength to be able to smile in any situation. With this, he isn't just smiles, he can take a serious moment. The human boy also seems to have a more childish mind, being curious and not too familiar with social situations. He has fun with childish games, gets frustrated in adult situations and can be pouty. With all this, he has quite the fascination with blacksmithing and creating weapons and armors.
Voice = Vic Mignogna
Extra
Alignment Neutral Good
Sub-Class Red Draconic {Flavored with fire giant}
Character type Blaster Caster
Inspiration? I based this character mostly off Aladdin from Magi, if it isn't obvious by using adult Aladdin as the picture here! This is also a character I am using in a project in the future so I want to test drive him out a bit!
Backstory
Fire Giants; known as mighty blacksmiths who will never be satisfied in the works of their servants, any excuse to show off their mighty skill within the art of craft. Sometimes considered tyrants, other times considered 'hardass' mentors, the idea of a Fire Giant actually showing care is one that seems impossible... until a baby is found. A servant found a baby outside the mountains, showing it to the giant, who reluctantly told the servants to take care of it. Over the years though, the giant became more involved in the raising of their child, adjusting the lair to make him able to stick to eye level with the child, who he eventually named Nax.
Nax grew up around blacksmiths, watching as they constantly built armors, collected minerals, sold off the failures to nearby towns and merchants. He slowly began to catch on to how it worked and would make his own weapons and armors. Servants were a bit upset that their lord was more lenient with the child, while still being harsh. This only inspired Nax to try even harder at making stuff to show off to his giant father.
When Nax became 18, a mysterious occurrence happened... his father vanished. The Servants put out the fires and packed their things. One servant, a dwarf man who had been serving the giant most of his adult life, told him that the giants last remaining craft was left for Nax to take when he vanished. The Dwarf handed him a flute that Nax's father created, and was left with a message: Keep this mighty instrument with you. Allow your inner giant to become unleashed when you feel threatened. I wish to see you another realm, my son.
Nax was refused an answer on what happened to his father... but the Dwarf at least helped Nax get to a town to begin his adult life. The human took to the road easier, deciding to see what the world had out there, wondering if he could discover his human family or even more about his father, and to discover in which one he truely belonged to.

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members

Last edited by Krow Nest; 06-16-2020 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
DedUp DedUp
For Krow Nest

Old 06-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1999
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedUp View Post
Fixed! I hope you don't mind the flavoring >:3

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members

Last edited by Krow Nest; 06-15-2020 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DedUp DedUp
For Krow Nest

Old 06-15-2020, 07:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 973
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
I believe my app is complete.

If you need anything else, let me know.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DedUp DedUp
I've marked you complete MarsComulus.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Quote:
I've marked you complete MarsComulus.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DedUp DedUp
MarsComulus I enjoyed the added background on Tsar. Just thought I'd make a couple lore points since the story brings it up.

First Tiamat in this setting is considered to fully be a devil. She is Satan's consort in hell, but her existence is not very well known except among some religious scholars and dragonkind.

Second thing I thought I'd note is that in this setting there is no distinction between demons and devils. Both terms refer to the same types of beings who all dwell in hell.

Last edited by DedUp; 06-16-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
MarsComulus I enjoyed the added background on Tsar. Just thought I'd make a couple lore points since the story brings it up.

First Tiamat in this setting is considered to fully be a devil. She is Satan's consort in hell, but her existence is not very well known except among some religious scholars and dragonkind.

Second thing I thought I'd note is that in this setting there is no distinction between demons and devils. Both terms refer to the same types of beings who all dwell in hell.
I was writing Tsar's background- not necessarily what my character knows, The Army of Light, except maybe to a few select individuals, would not even have heard of a connection between Tsar and Tiamat. They just knew he's was a powerful Battlemage or Spellsword that was controlling a monstrous army. Most believe him to have died- whether that is true or not, only the GM knows.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1182
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
Ah hard choice between Half-Orc Barbarian and Human Necromancer
Old 06-19-2020, 08:18 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1182
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
Wrthia
right-aligned image

Name: Wrthia Stormbringer
Class: Barbarian (Storm Herald)
Background: Outlander
Personality Traits: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry Owlbear.
I was, in fact, raised by Orcs.
Ideals: Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan.
Bonds: I was sent away from my tribe for fear I would someday bring disaster
Flaw: Violence is my answer to almost any Challenge.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Likly to turn Chaotic Good)
Description: Wrthia is a huge hulking half-orc woman that stands at 6foot9. Like most of her race, w rthia hast green colored skin bulging muscles and tusks jutting from her bottom jaw. She has dark brown hair that borders being black done up in dress that extend to her shoulders. Her face contains dark red swirling tribal tattoos these tattoos extend over different areas of her body. On her hands are strange jagged looking marks resembling lighting as well.
Personality: Brash, rude, and crude. Wrthia was raised by orcs and it shows having no inherit knowlage of being polite and when forced to she gets frustrated easily as she tries. Her blood boils for battle and the glory it will bring her. There is somewhere in there the capacity to be more caring, she is more worried then she let's on about the reasons she left her tribe and the warning she will bring ruin to those she considers close.
Back Story: Wrthia was born the daughter of an orc warlord and a human woman from a savage tribe. For years she enjoyed the thrill and glory of battle with the clans enemies. However her rise to becoming a powerful warrior was halted within the clan. Strange marks of lighting would appear on her arms and surround her with superstition. Marked by the gods she was declared to be "Stormtouched" a growing storm would fallow her all her life and cause the destruction of all around her, or so the shamans believed. Now she has started to travel the world currently alone and having to pick up how to interact in normal society and find a new way of life. Lucky for her though, there is always something that needs smashed.

Last edited by Chaos Havik; 06-20-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:20 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 718
danab danab danab danab danab danab danab
Complete!

Application
left-aligned image

Name: Kael Karras
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Champion, if we continue on and hit third level)
Background: Folk Hero
  • Traits: If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.
    Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.
  • Flaws: My pride, unwillingness to back down from a fight, and ignorance of customs and laws that aren't my own tends to get me and my allies in trouble.
  • Ideals: Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good)
  • Bonds: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description: Clad in piecemeal armor and clothing of the Helacian style, this towering man cuts an impressive figure. His bronze skin, the long hair, and rough beard are sure signs of a traveler. While the spear and his imposing physique may seem threatening at first, the kindness in his eyes and his easy manners make him seem more like a...

Personality: ...dog. It's not an unfair comparison. Kael's friendliness, uncomplicated "I'm just happy to be here" attitude, and protectiveness would be right at home in any sort of road mutt. Really the only things to raise his hackles are embarrassment and cruelty. So long as his acquaintances don't engage in such things, or subject him to such rudeness, they'll have a friend in him.

Back Story: Life can be hard in freeland villages, but it can be done. On the rolling hills north of Helacia, nestled between the the Thunderclap Mountains, Grey Waste, and Mycian Forest was one such place. Admetus. Kael grew up there, climbing the foothills and daring his friends to set foot in the forest. The adventurous sort, he always wished to see what laid beyond those mountains or across the Atheras River. Those were good days. Now... They only exist in his memory, just like Admetus.

The town's doom arrived during Kael's seventeenth year on the tail of the fall harvest. The bandits came from the Waste, biggest band anyone had seen in two score. Most swarmed past their green pastures, but fifty of the low men sought a quick kill. Kael took up his spear and fought with every able-bodied man and woman against that grey tide. A daring battle became a desperate flight into the night. For each that fell so to did a friend or family member. The fight only ended when Kael himself lanced the band's leader and sent the others fleeing.

By that point the damage had been done. Only six remained of three dozen, the town sacked and burnt. The survivors turned towards Helacia, but that left Kael wondering where he would go. With nothing left to hold him there, Kael headed out north along the rivers and roads. For ten years he's been traveling across the width and breadth of Estosia. Helping out, getting into trouble, and always trying to find a new place to belong. Canghen isn't the destination, it's barely a layover, but maybe there a spot waiting for him there.

Last edited by danab; 06-28-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:08 AM
Cowboy Yokozuna

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard
This looks epic! :O

WIP ApplicationName:
Race: Human of Zhinjao
Class: Jehdite Wizard
Background: Sage
Alignment: NG
Description:
Personality:
Back Story:
Old 06-25-2020, 02:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DedUp DedUp
Hopefully it will be. I will do my best.

And welcome danab and DeepFriedWyzard. Thanks for putting in apps.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11057
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Raslasar Accik, Lorekeeper of Yentanash

Race: Copper Dragonborn

Class: Bard

Background: Sage

Personality Trait: There's nothing I like more than a good mystery.

Ideal: Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.

Bond: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question.

Flaw: I can't keep a secret to save my life, or anyone else's.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description: Tall and stocky with light bronze scales and two short horns and curl back towards the rear of his head, Raslasar has a narrow and pointed face with several smaller horns behind his cheeks. His dress is practical as he is always prepared to hit the road and begin a new journey.

Personality: The fight against the Melancholy is real for many of his people including himself. His method of combating depression has been to travel the world and meet those who inhabit the realms of the once great dragonborn empire during the The Age of Tribulation. He delights in telling the legends of his kin and gathering the stories of the other races. He has found that the Melancholy comes on stronger when he is secluded so he always endeavors to remain in good company.

Back Story: Lorekeepers were responsible for maintaining the scrolls and rune tablets of the remaining dragonborn strongholds. Copying, storing and preserving the history of the greatest civilization to rise on Gaia. Dwelling on the past brought on the Melancholy to Raslasar so it was suggested by a colleague that he leave the fortress to venture into the world and live a new story that he could one day bring back and share to possibly revitalize the downtrodden inhabitants of Yentanash, the Copper Castle.