twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-18-2020, 01:37 AM
Fledgling Space Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 254
buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer buzzlitebeer
I've skimmed the pdf back when you were asking for feedback, Silent Rain, but I was too shy to come out of the shadows. But now I am letting my great interest in this known!
Old 06-18-2020, 04:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 973
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
I am torn between testing the occultist and the nomad.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:19 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7124
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Levistus Welcome!

1. Correct, just Occultists and magician courtier archetype.

2. The feats Ritual Caster and Magic Initiate are also ways to gain some magical abilities. Technically, occultists also exist, but their source of power is usually through sacrifice.

3. The Tough feat appears ok to me on pg. 41. Perhaps it was a formatting issue that was already resolved. Let me know if you still see it hanging off the page.

@buzzlitebeer Glad to see you decided to drop in

@MarsComulus That's actually good to hear, that both classes are equally compelling.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:55 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
How will stats be generated?
Old 06-18-2020, 12:22 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Ability Scores are determined by 27-point buy. I have also updated the initial post with this information.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2096
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
I think I would like to test out a Bearer of The Black Book. The theme and trappings and just everything sounds really cool about the class!
Old 06-18-2020, 02:18 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@Howling Winds of Good choice on the Black Book. It is worth noting that is the Black Book. As in, there is only one.

Regarding narratives, they are not tied to class. Any narrative can be used with any class.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2096
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Ther can be only one! haha. That's okay, if my character ends up going mad because of the Black Book then...more fun times ahead I suppose!
Old 06-18-2020, 04:03 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Example names for the four cultures have been added.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 06-18-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:37 PM
Fledgling Space Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
Some typos:
Pg.4, Gaining & Losing Sanity - adventurers are made of stern stuff
Pg.4, 1st bullet pt under Sanity Saving Throws - for the first time

Silent, the amount and depth and variety if the changes you've made to the 5th E rules are really super interesting, especially Sanity and the danger of magic; I'm partial to H.P. Lovecraft stuff, so go figure.

The narratives and new classes are full of flavor, and it's exciting to test them all out! I might go for a Conqueror or a Magician; the Spymaster and Seducer are quite interesting, but my RP may not be up to snuff for those.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:13 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@buzzlitebeer Thanks for the corrections. I just ran it through another spellcheck, so hopefully that will be the last of these.

Glad you enjoy the setting. Feel free to play whatever character you think you would enjoy the most. Everything else will take care of itself.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:09 AM
Fledgling Space Ranger

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by buzzlitebeer; 06-25-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5155
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Character Application
right-aligned image

Character Name: Astrid
Description: Astrid is a tall and muscular woman, a result of years of hard work and physical training. She stands six feet tall and weighs in around one hundred and fifty pounds. Her eyes are an ice blue like two clear pools of water, and her skin is lightly tanned from her travels in the southern region. Her hair is typically worn back and out of her face, so she can clearly.
Culture: Nimothan
Narrative: BeastFriend
Class: Barbarian
History: Astrid was born to Olav, one of the chieftains of The Thousand Teeth. Olav was aging and after years of trying finally had Astrid, while he had hoped for a son to carry on his name he welcomed his daughter into the world, praising the gods for seeing fit to give him a child at all. Olav saw to it though that his daughter was raised among the boys of the tribe. Adamant that his daughter be prepared for the life ahead of her. Astrid began her training as soon as she was old enough, trained in the arts of hunting and gathering. When she was ten years of age she began her training in combat as well. Olav overseeing her training himself. Even though he was aging he was a skilled and feared warrior who demanded the respect of his men.

Astrid enjoyed her life the physicality of it, even when the young boys and men were paired with her in training. She took her licks and gave just as many if not more her training with her father preparing her. Astrid also learned from a young age that she had a connection with animals. Spending much of her time when not in training off with the dogs they used to hunt or the falcons used for scouting. Her father picking up on her gift, ensured that time was made for her each day to nurture the animals and care for them. Skilled animal handlers were vital to the tribe in training the animals they used.

Over the years she grew into a powerful young woman, sought after by many of the men who had at one time made jest of her training with them.Once old enough she began to fulfill a vital role among the tribe training the animals as well as handling them on hunts. Astrid in fact enjoyed spending time with the animals more so than other members of the tribe. Her father growing older had hoped she would quickly find a mate suitable to lead the tribe, it nearly unheard of for a woman to fill such a role. Still he was certain that if the need arose she would rise to the challenge. If she was ever to lead though she would need to know more about the world. On the eve of her eighteenth year he told her of his decision to send her out into the world. To learn the way of other tribes and those who lived in the cities. Presenting her with his own spear and one of his many hand axes.

The next morning Astrid set out leaving her home and tribe behind. Since leaving she has been traveling seeking to expand her knowledge, in hopes of becoming a great warrior. One day to return to her tribe and take her father's place as the first female Chieftain of her tribe.
Roleplay sample:

Last edited by JaredSyn; 06-19-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:08 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@JaredSyn Welcome!

Glad to see some apps starting to come together.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:31 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Updates:
  • A map has been added to the initial post
  • Timeline added to the guide

Last edited by Silent Rain; 06-23-2020 at 12:23 AM.