Other [Warbirds] Delta Squadron, a Star Fox Tale (One Shot) - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1356
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
[Warbirds] Epsilon Squadron, a Star Fox Tale (One Shot)

Game SystemWarbirds Roleplaying Games
ThemeA high-flying sci-fi adventure set in the Star Fox universe.
FlavourAction, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Sci-Fantasy, Air-to-Air Combat
EMERGENCY...EMERGENCY...!
... ... ...
EMERGENCY...EMERGENCY...!
... ... ...
Incoming Enemy Fighters...!
... ... ...
Prepare For Launch...!

Data Link Established: General Pepper of the Corneria Defense Force
left-aligned image
"Come in Epsilon! Corneria city is under attack by the forces of Andross! Star Fox team has already mobilized to repel the main enemy force, but we've detected a secondary detachment moving in on the Cornerian Science Institute."

... ... ...

"They must be after Andross's old research into biotech weaponry! If he gets his hands on those old proto-types, there's no telling what he might do with it!"

... ... ...

"I need your team to support our defense forces in the area. Assist with repelling the enemy forces, and extract the prototypes to be shipped to our secure base on Fichina! Please hurry, every second lost is a victory for Andross! The fate of the Lylat system may well rest upon your shoulders! Pepper, out!"

Epsilon Squadron, a Star Fox Tale
right-aligned image
Epsilon Squadron. A group of rag-tag fighter pilots who serve as guns-for-hire in the Lylat system. Piloting infamous jet black Arwing fighter crafts, they're some of the most dangerous individuals in the system, but unlike their famous counterparts, the Star Fox squadron, Epsilon prefers to operate under the radar and only takes on the most high-risk, high-reward jobs around, though others would be more like to call them a suicide squad. This is their story.

Epsilon Squadron is a one-shot adventure using the Warbirds sci-fi role-playing game system, which is available via DriveThruRPG.com. This is meant to be a short-running play-test of the system and how well it translates into pbp, however, so purchase of the books is not necessary. Gameplay will be largely GM-lead, you need only make a character, role-play, and roll when necessary. The game will be set within the Star Fox universe, and events roughly coincide with the storyline of Star Fox Zero. It may also worth noting that I'll be drawing some inspiration from the Ace Combat game series as well.

As the plot summary suggests, this will be a trial-by-fire largely fueled by combat scenarios. Warbirds uses what it calls 'Rapid Fire' combat, meaning everything is fairly streamlined and meant to keep the pace of the action, so don't expect a lot of crunchy bits. I may or may not do ground combat--I mostly want to focus on aerial combat and dogfighting.

left-aligned image
Epsilon Squadron
Use the following template (or customize it to your liking) to create a character app:

Character Name: Make it thematically appropriate, please.
Callsign (If Applicable): Same as above.
Appearance: As this is the Star Fox universe, your character should be an anthropomorphic creature of some kind, though I leave it up to you what animal you draw from. Ideally, it would be lovely if you could supply a picture or portrait, but tread lightly. The realm of googling furries is full of dangers of natures both explicit and horrifying.
Personality: A list of personality traits or a short paragraph detailing the character's quirks, mannerisms, and ideologies.
Background: At least one paragraph describing the character's history in the Star Fox universe. You may write more if you feel so inclined.

I'll be accepting no more than 4 players to take on this adventure. Since this is a non-standard game system, I expect the app turn-out to be relatively low, but I would like to leave the thread open for approximately two weeks unless it's absolutely dead. If I have to make fewer players work, I will. All pilots will have their own stats but will be piloting the same craft (with perhaps a few personalizations, if you so choose). I plan to make GM posts at least twice a week--perhaps more if time allows and assuming this system lives up to its promise of being light and fast; participants should endeavor to at least keep up with my baseline.

No character sheets necessary at present--we'll save that for later. Just give me a character concept and we'll go from there.

With all that in mind, have at it. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns either here or in a private message.

Last edited by briar; 06-26-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:42 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36898
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Is there a free quickstart version of the rules available via DriveThruRPG or other reputable sites?
Old 06-26-2020, 09:27 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1356
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
As of yet, no. Warbirds does not have a free quick start guide, but as I mentioned in the ad, buying the books won't be necessary. I have the bundle and plan to run most of the mechanics from my end save for the characters' rolls and such.