PF-1e Grand Theft Horse (A spin off of Life in the Maw) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-22-2020, 02:00 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6609
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50

Last edited by taleteller50; 06-22-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:23 AM
Purveyor of the Unusual

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11892
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90

Last edited by pianoman90; 06-22-2020 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:44 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Old 06-22-2020, 10:27 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ PainterOfMinis: I was noticing your character's description included several items and such. Now the items listed are not outside the realm of possibility of her owning but I will remind you that the Ash Town characters do not start with normal wealth, only a small amount of items decided by the GM. Once you're playing and making money this can change but until then be careful what you expect to be on your character's person.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:49 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Old 06-22-2020, 10:51 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1050
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
I felt like a dagger and some basic clothes was reasonable, it's hardly even 7 gold. Will remove the rope and grappling hook though, added those in in the heat of writing passion
Old 06-22-2020, 11:46 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
You are correct, a dagger and travelers cloths are reasonable; even a hemp rope and grappling hook would be within reason but not much else. I didn't make my previous statement to say that your character couldn't have such things, just to be careful with expectations of what can be included at the start.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:31 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1050
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Lissi is pretty much finished/up for review by now, though there's a good chance I'll add more detail to the known people at some point (Particularly Carver) but I'm happy with it for now. I'll leave the equipment description to one side for now until I do/do not get into the game as it's an unnecessary detail at this point.

Would you have any objections to creating an altered version of the character (Background + Sheet) for the level 3 slot in case one may need filling? Or would you prefer for us to stick to one application total, or completely different characters for each?
Old 06-22-2020, 01:31 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ Painter: If you want to make an alternate I won't appose, as long as you indicate which is your primary choice.

@ Everyone: Don't forget, if you can design an NPC that fits for the game (character sheets not necessary but do count for more) you can be owed favors from that NPC or start on friendly terms with them.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:54 PM
Purveyor of the Unusual

Tools
User Statistics
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90

Last edited by pianoman90; 06-22-2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:55 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32548
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Okay, I will definitely apply for one of the level 3 slots in the Maw, but as Iím going away soon (without internet; please see my signature) I wonít be able to complete an app until next week. Hopefully this will be okay?

Old 06-23-2020, 02:25 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@pianoman90: I must admit I've been misunderstanding how magic crafting works for a long time. I did believe that the CL of a magic item was the minimum Caster Level required to create an item but, as the notes on the Pathfinder Wiki state, it is only needed to determine the base TN to create the item and, if not met, will add +5 to the final TN. That said I don't know if I'm comfortable with what a Caster can make at a minimum level.

If you had a Lv.2 Caster (class doesn't matter in this case) with Spellcraft rank 2, training (3), a decent Int (3), trait (1), Skill Focus (3), and Arcane Family Workbook (4) you would have a total bonus of +16. This would allow you to consistently meet a TN of 21 which, even if a character had neither the Caster Level nor the spell needed (assuming 1), would allow them to easily produce CL 6 magical items 75% the time.

And that's not even maximizing this type of build which could easily provide another +5 or more. That means CL 10 magic items created by a level 2 character.

Now of course such a character would be limited by their wealth but seeing as you only pay half the cost for magical items you Craft (even less with the right trait and Class abilities) you could easily gain items that are way outside what you should have for your level. For example a Belt of Physical Perfection +6 (CL 16) (Spellcraft TN 21 - 26 without the Lv.16 Caster) could be created by a 3rd level wizard more then 50% of the time (100% with some Min-maxing).

Yes this would cost them 77,000 gold (normally) but this makes it realistic that in the world you could conceivably have nations creating such powerful items with a single caster of minimal level. How about a nation with countless Instant Fortresses; they're even easier and cheap to make.

This world isn't suppose to be that active with magic items so I'm going to have to house rule this a little and say that the CL of the item is an absolute requirement for the creation of an item. No Level 5 characters making Greater Major items.

Sorry.

@ekidnu: You have the time. No worries. Take your time.

Last edited by taleteller50; 06-23-2020 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:23 AM
Purveyor of the Unusual

Tools
User Statistics
@Taleteller50 - Fair call. Item creation can really ramp up and out of control if left to RAW. True, as you say, the limiting factor is gold, but if characters develop income streams of high values then it gets a little crazy. Happy to fit to that model as outlined above! I will make some more changes to Tanaka to reflect that (though I am sad to see the headband go by the wayside).
Old 06-23-2020, 04:10 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10248
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Hiya, taleteller50. I enjoyed your character Patchit in CatCanCook's 'Crawl Out Through the Fallout' P1e game so much that I decided to give your game here a go. Truth be told, I gave D&D 5e a in three games so far and looking to get into a 4thchance, but I still miss the crunchiness of D&D 3e/3.5 which is where I spent most of my RPG life, and I'm hoping Pathfinder 1e will give me that. Well, once I get used to the rules. It's just enough simular to 3.5 that it throws me off still.

And yes, I seem to be in a tattoo mood as my Child of Atom character in that game mentioned above is also tattooed extensively. Still, when I read about the Taloo, I got this idea to describe the tattooing process and ended up going with it. The other concept I had was to go with the Alchemically Enhanced Human. Can you say 21 Strength?

Okay, I didn't intend it, but this is turning into an homage to one of my favorite anime's and how I think one of the characters should have been portrayed in that show. Less 'look at me, I'm cute and sexy' and more 'watch as I gut you with my bare hands!''

(free RPXP to those who guess correctly where I got that name! Correct! Shanpū from Ranma 1/2)

A Work In Progress...

An application for a Level 2 Ash Town slums character
right-aligned image
Shan Pu
  • Name: Shan Pu
  • Race(sex): Taloo(female)
  • Class: Level 2 Brawler
    Stats: STR: 18 Base(-17 build points) +2 Racial20, DEX: -5 build points14, CON: 12 Base(-2 build points) +2 Racial14, INT: -5 build points14, WIS: 10, CHA: 7 Base(+4 build points) -2 Racial5.
Discription:
Normally, when you look at a woman, her muscles are not the first thing you notice. And while that still may be the case for some who look upon Shan Pu, they quickly take notice of her impressive physique afterward. With tattoo's covering her arms, stomach, back, and a few across her torso and head, Shan makes an intimidating figure as all Taloo do. Except for a few throwing daggers, Shan Pu appears weaponless, but that is mostly because she prefers to use her fist over weapons. Shan keeps both sides of her head shaved, and her long black hair so dark it turns purple in the sunlight reaches down to the pit of her back in straight wavy lines. Shan Pu's teal collared eyes are a surprising contrast to her brown skin and dark-colored hair. But, the most startling thing about Shan Pu is the three scars running down the right side of her face that mare her otherwise good looks. The contrast between her feminine curves and the scares are enough that most people avoid her on looks alone, giving adage to the old saying, "Ugly's ugly, and only beauty made ugly is worse." Shan Pu refuses to hide the scars as they remind her of the shame that dogs her steps every day.

What do you enjoy about roleplaying:
I come at roleplaying as if I'm telling a story about the character that I created. I have a good imagination and try to make it realistic and believable. Succeeding at tasks but also failing is important, and I enjoy character interaction until I end up writing myself into a corner. I also like writing about my character failings more than his/her successes.

What do you hope to achieve with your character:
For Shan Pu, this will mostly be left up to be discovered during gameplay. I rarely do this, but some games trigger this response in me. From a purely mechanical aspect, I wish her to be able to dash into combat, trip or pull the enemy's shirt up over their heads and pummel the crap out of them I'm looking at you Improved Dirty Fighting! All else, including casting spells into her fists, is fluff as far as I'm concerned. Personality-wise, I would love to see Shan Pu come to grips with her shame and redeem herself to her clan, her great-grandmother, and especially to herself. I know, redeeming yourself to yourself is a bit weird, but there you have it. Also, if we become gang members, she will become a gang member. If we become pirates, she will become a pirate. I shall let fate(i.e.: the DM) decide her true fate through what happens in-game.

Taloo Tattoo Notes:* The Younger Band is beneath the elbow where the bony spikes protrude, and the area between wrist and elbow is the canvas of childhood(age 2-10).
* The Adulthood Band is above the bicep just under the armpit and is the canvas for the teenage years(age 11-18).
* The Right arm holds all the strife, trauma, injuries, or other severe events in the child's life. The Left arm holds all the joy, wonder, discoveries, or other happy occasions in the child's life.
* The Heritage Band circles the lower stomach around the belly button.
* The Chronicled Band depicts the history of the clan and rarely added too unless the person added to that history in some memorable fashion.
* The Death Band is only tattooed on after death and runs around the waist at bellybutton height(connects to each side of the heritage band as one's death is connected to clan and family) and anything above(chest, face, scalp) is the canvas of adulthood and below(groin, legs, feet) is the canvas of death.
Creation Notes:* Brawler, Esoteric, Traits & Drawbacks: Bruising Intellect, Bloody-Minded, & Scarred
* Feats: Enforcer, Intimidating Prowess, Boar Style, Boar Ferocity, Powerful Maneuvers, Greater Trip, Greater Dirty Trick, Weapon Focus(Unarmed Strike).
* Note: taleteller50 said stacking Esoteric Magus and Brawler levels together for unarmed damage is okay.
* Note #2: At the 3rd level of Esoteric Magus get the Magus Arcana(Spell-Scars) ability.

Brawler 5/Esoteric Magus 3(Level's 1-2 Brawler ✔✔, Levels 3-5 Esoteric Magus, Levels 6-8 Brawler)

1st Overall Level) Enforcer [Intimidate, 1 rank ]
2nd Brawler[2nd lvl] Class) Deft Maneuvers [ --- ]
3rd Overall Level) Boar Style [Improved Unarmed Strike & Intimidate 3 ranks]
4th Ability Increase) Weapon Focus(Unarmed Strike) [Proficiency with selected weapon & Base Attack Bonus +1 ]
5th Overall Level) Intimidating Prowess [ --- ]
7th Overall Level) Weapon Specialization(Unarmed Strike) [Proficiency with selected weapon , Weapon Focus with selected weapon & Fighter(Brawler) level 4th]
8th Brawler[5th lvl] Class) Greater Dirty Trick [Deft Maneuvers , Base Attack Bonus +6, Int 13 ]
8th Ability Increase) Greater Trip [Deft Maneuvers , Base Attack Bonus +6, Int 13 ]

Feat of Interest: Boar Ferocity [Improved Unarmed Strike , Boar Style & Intimidate 6 ranks]
~ The Feat Tax

"Warning! Warning! OUTPLAY Comencing! Posting Status set to TURBULANT!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 06-26-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:55 AM
Purveyor of the Unusual

Tools
User Statistics
Tanaka is altered to remove the higher CL magic items. It means I get another magic plant for the garden!