PF-1e Grand Theft Horse (A spin off of Life in the Maw) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 07:53 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Silk, I definitely know where you got the name. The only question is, how are we going to get Shan Pu turned into a cat?
Old 06-23-2020, 10:02 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6609
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Noooo, Jenny beat me to it but she did miss what a level in druid can be good for. A Tatoo Sorcerer could also work with a cat familiar. Have the Familiar come out just as you cast Vanish; at least until you can transform with Beast Shape I.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2342
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Old 06-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10448
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
And that is why I like comments from the peanut gallery about Pathfinder 1e as I'm still new to the system and there are SOOOO many unique builds you can make with Pathfinder. Add in the fact that I'm planning on letting the actions of the game decide which direction she goes and it might work. I'll have to look up this Tattoo Sorcerer, it might work

And as a Brawler using Vanish to...well, vanish and then punch someone in the jaw while they are looking stupidly at her cat familiar would be fun

Edit: I am tempted to go Brawler 1/Tattooed Sorcerer 1(or just take TS at 3rd level). It will depend on the bloodline and if I can find a feat like Power Channeler except for channeling Magic instead of Powers into her fists/weapons. And maybe a Prestige Class that can better combine spellcaster and melee fighter classes together. It's a real shame Tattooed Mystic overlaps so much with Tattooed Sorcerer

"Warning! Warning! OUTPLAY Comencing! Posting Status set to TURBULANT!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 06-23-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1050
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
R.E: Creating NPCs - for their sheets should we use the Heroic NPCs gold or the gold for a PC of that level? (Also, first NPC is pretty much finished)

Last edited by PainterOfMinis; 06-23-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:42 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@ Silk: The Magus Archtype Esoteric combines martial ability with spellcasting and even allows magically charged unarmed attacks. It's not linked to tattoos like the Tattooed Sorcerer but might be more what you're looking for. This way you can take Tattoo Mystic later without the overlap.

@ Painter: Use Heroic NPC wealth. I can always add or subtract as needed to help the NPC fit better. In the case of a Rival however it'll be PC Wealth.

Last edited by taleteller50; 06-23-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:11 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1050
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Gotcha. In that case, Carver's sheet is also up now. Felt as if creating the mount for him too was unnecessary as he is sea-based originally, and with permission I would prefer to also give him the Standard Bearer archetype (To drop the mount) despite both that and Daring General replacing the level 20 capstone which makes them incompatible (As if he's going to reach level 20...)
Old 06-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Is it possible to apply for the 3rd level and 2nd level group in case one doesn't get chosen?

Last edited by Hyregoth; 06-23-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:55 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ Hyregoth: If you want to apply to both I'm fine with that but only one will be chosen.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Xissirrix, Neutral Cli-tsu Magus
ApplicationSlum Resident, LvL 2

Name: Xissirrix
Race: Cli-tsu
Level: Magus 1

Description

Background:

Xissirrix's Story:

Favors

What I enjoy about RPG's

Last edited by Hyregoth; 07-06-2020 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Updating Ramsay's Story
Old 06-23-2020, 07:23 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32648
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu

Last edited by ekidnu; Today at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:10 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
@ Silk: The Magus Archtype Esoteric combines martial ability with spellcasting and even allows magically charged unarmed attacks. It's not linked to tattoos like the Tattooed Sorcerer but might be more what you're looking for. This way you can take Tattoo Mystic later without the overlap.

@ Painter: Use Heroic NPC wealth. I can always add or subtract as needed to help the NPC fit better. In the case of a Rival however it'll be PC Wealth.
Thanks taleteller. I think I'll go with the Esoteric class instead of the Tattoo Sorceress(though I like it a lot). But as both Charisma and Intelligence are dump stats for the Brawler, I couldn't see multiclassing into both, so I decided to go the Intelligence route and even grabbed the trait to add INT to intimidate. Due to her low charisma, at times, Shan Pu will be quite rude, crude, and even a rube.

One question though it won't come up until she hits 4th level.
  • Since both Brawler and Esoteric Magos gainst the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, would I be able to pick out a different feat at that level?
I like figuring out my character's advancement 3 or so levels ahead.

Edit: @Hyregoth: Eewwwwww, I hate spiders

Last edited by Silk; 06-23-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:56 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12156
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
I was playing around with pyromancer's maps today and created a potential map of the shop with its garden. Added to my application

@Silk: I can't speak for taleteller50, but usually when two classes give the same feat/ability one is made redundant unless otherwise specified (like uncanny dodge with rogue/barbarian). My cohort character gets weapon focus (rapier) from two classes as well that don't get replaced with anything. Having said that-esoteric magus and monk are great at being able to stack the unarmed damage levels together!
Old 06-23-2020, 09:27 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
I figured, but I'm still new to the rules and figured I'd ask

Edit: Hmm, then I wonder if Magus and Brawler stack their unarmed damage levels together?

Last edited by Silk; 06-23-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:43 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@Hyregoth: Interesting you decided to go the Cli-tsu but do keep a few things in mind.
1 - Make sure he has Stealth to keep him hidden and explain why he could sneak away. Traits are a good way to get this.
2 - The Cli-tsu rarely have manufactured weapons but they do have access for their highest levels of warriors. Most just use their natural bite to attack. Xissirrix has probably never used a true sword but could still have been trained to use one; until he failed his Queen that is.
3 - If he failed his test then that is likely the reason and when he ran because he would have been killed and eaten for his failure once he returned to the nest.
4 - How did he meet Ramsay and why hasn't he already eaten the Sun Dwarf?
Alternatively having Ramsay be a Pummer would make more sense why the Cli-tsu hasn't eaten him or been reported by the Alchemist. After all some Pummer are aware of the Cli-tsu and actively trade with them. Of course these people are only allowed to be from the priesthood so an Alchemist knowing the secret could very likely be chased from his home and escaped to Goldenrise.
5 - Don't forget that most people will likely consider you to be nothing more then a monster, some kind of Sin Spawn or something, on sight so he will need to stay hidden for the most part.
@ Silk: Unfortunately Piano is correct. The Feat appearing twice is just like having duplicate weapon or armor proficiencies. You don't get to trade in duplicates unless it specifically allows stacking. Sorry. Also, as far as I believe damage does not add the different levels together to determine it's base but I will allow it provided both have similar progressions.

@pianoman: I love maps I'm always making them myself.

Last edited by taleteller50; 06-23-2020 at 09:47 PM.