PF-1e Grand Theft Horse (A spin off of Life in the Maw) - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 11:15 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10448
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
food

"Warning! Warning! OUTPLAY Comencing! Posting Status set to TURBULANT!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 06-25-2020, 12:49 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Question: Since a Brawlers unarmed strike is treated as a manufactured weapon would the Enforcer feat work with their unarmed strike.

It sound's like it would but I just wanted to make sure.

Last edited by Silk; 06-25-2020 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:31 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6609
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Question: Since a Brawlers unarmed strike is treated as a manufactured weapon would the Enforcer feat work with their unarmed strike.

It sound's like it would but I just wanted to make sure.
Yes. Have fun
Old 06-25-2020, 07:13 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
My WIP application for Ashton. A rich girl who has lost everything and is now living on the streets. As a Silksworn, almost all her powers rely on wearing expensive clothing, I'm sure that won't be inconvenient at all.

ApplicationName: Valeria Arcari
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Silksworn Occultist 2
Description:

Background: Valeria is the youngest daughter of the (now fallen) Arcari noble merchant family. Her parents, a human noble and an elven adventurer, died under mysterious circumstances just over a year ago in the first of the disasters that befell the Arcari family.
WIP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valeria.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	85523  
Old 06-25-2020, 04:58 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5107
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Been thinking, I want in! There's a concept I've been wanting to try and for that I'll need to know if divine casters need a deity or if they can also follow an ideal?

If not, I can deal with it, there should be a number of interesting concepts for this game to go with, just gotta rack my brains a bit first.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:53 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Clerics, as with all divine casters, require some source for their spells. An ideal isn't quite enough but there are some religions in this world which find power from the elements, nature, ancestors, or other forms of spirits. In these cases there isn't always a specific being providing them power but there is still a source. The closest one to not having a specific source, at least externally, is Bwaism which believes in the power within ones self.

The information about the Gods and other Religions can be found HERE but if you give me a better idea of what you're looking for I might be able to make a suggestion.

Last edited by taleteller50; 06-25-2020 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:35 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Well, the idea was an opportunism themed earliest, which I think fits well in the spirit of scavenging together a standalone faction amidst the turmoil that is this game.

That said, if ideals are of the table, I could reimagine him as a sort of polytheist instead. Someone who's joined several cults and clergies to get some of all the magic. Would that work? How would that work mechanically? Would I be allowed to pick and mix domains or just pick one God and flavour him as a polytheist?
Old 06-26-2020, 06:08 AM
knows too much

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12255
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
Since Silk has a fantastic unarmed concept, I've decided I clearly need a different avenue.

Character application
Ridley
Race: Changeling
Class: Dreamweaver Witch/Alchemist 1/1
Elevator Pitch: Frustrated Rabble Rousing Educator who looks for the most logical solution, but not always the best solution.
Physical Description: Deep navy blue eyes are probably the first thing others notice when they see Ridley, with an off-putting greenish tinge to hir otherwise pinkish and tanned skin being the next. Ridley's once long blue/black hair has been roughly cropped short in recent weeks, a streak of pure white on the left front standing in stark contrast to the rest. The haircut has revealed that hir ears come to a vague point. The changeling stands 5'6" and weighs 146 pounds, a thin build for Ash Town, hir shape normally hidden under ill-fitting and often over-sized clothing. Ze often looks like ze is contemplating something, lips thinly pursed underneath a sharp and short nose.

Ridley's preference towards clothing tends to plain rough material meant to take some abuse before it inevitably falls apart in the dangers of Ash Town. Regardless of the original colour, it all tends to take a grey colour, occasionally splashed with stains from stray liquids of various persuasions that simply refuse to remove themselves through washing. The soles of hir feet are hard and calloused, though ze tries to find footwear whenever possible. Currently Ridley wears the workboots of a man ze found dead in an alley. A beatup cloth and leather satchel hangs from hir shoulder, containing little. Pickpockets have often come away holding their hands in shock from scorpion stings.

What do I hope to get out of this and what do I enjoy? Presumably what I suspect most people do. A good story and a game that lasts. I think what I enjoy the most are the moments when the game makes me sweat. Pulling a victory out of thin air, listening as another player tries to talk their way out of an interrogation or being in that hotseat myself and realizing my brain just melted... Ash Town sounds like an absolutely awful place and with Ridley I'm hoping that s/he can bring it up out of the dust to be something better. I highly suspect that s/he will die for it.

Ridley's Character Sheet

Last edited by Elfman6; Yesterday at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:46 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@Sirviantis: Technically speaking, most clerics are polytheist in some aspect since they will still honor other Gods associated with their patrons pantheon, even if their patron is the primary source of their faith. For example, followers of Shikyo will mostly worship the Goddess of death, honoring her by taking positions as morticians, gravediggers, or those who assist the living when a loved one has died, but they will also recognize Aloz as the one who judges souls and this pairs offspring for each of their individual rolls too. They focus on their Goddess but realize she is still just one part of their world.

I would suggest being a follower of the Creator, Gaba, and his pantheon, but rather then being a cleric of a specific God be an Oracle associated with the pantheon as a whole. You can still believe in the Pantheon, switching from God to God as needed. You don't choose Domains but instead receive a Mystery which is like a more general ideal. You would still be receiving your power from the Gods but you could focus more on the 'ideal' you see within that Pantheon rather then one specific God.

Last edited by taleteller50; 06-26-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:00 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
This reminded me of a time back in 3rd edition D&D when they came out with the Skills and Powers book. I made a humanoid bunny Cleric that had access to ALL the domains in existence. And considering we had some 3rd party books and a lot of the Dungeon and Dragon magazines, it got to the point no one knew what kind of spell my character would pull out next

Anyway, my character sheet is done, though I just remembered I forgot to choose my favored class...Brawler of course I'll get that squared away. I hope I'm one of the chosen few, taleteller50. I really like Shan Pu.

Edit: And thanks for the complement Elfman6. Interested to see what you make.

Last edited by Silk; 06-26-2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, reading through your list of gods, I was thinking more about a mix between elementals, spirits and ancestor worship tbh.

Oh, I should ask, not that I'm sure if I want to use it, but are Spheres of Power allowed?
Old 06-26-2020, 11:11 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately I do not use Sphere's of Power. Only extended Pathfinder rules, no third party unless specifically allowed after request. Pathfinder is complex enough without all the extra stuff.

Now if you want to go for Spirit and elemental worship I would suggest the Shaman class, although Oracle can still work. Most of the Central, North central, and East Central parts of the Continent worship elements and spirits; at least when it comes to non-humans from these regions. Humans can of course become believers too but it's usually through exposure to other races that they would discover such beliefs.

For examples, Dwarves worship their ancestors which act similar to Gods but are more limited to their Domains; each ancestor representing different ideals or skills the Dwarves value. However they also honor 'Mother Earth' and the Spirit of the Forge (ie. Fire) with equal importance.

The races of the Plains honor ancestors but primarily worship the elements, individuals taking focus on one specific because of it's importance to them or how it's qualities match their own ideals.

The more information I have the better I can suggest something for you.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:50 AM
knows too much

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12255
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
Well, I've definitely started to go in a direction. I'm hoping it works the way it looks in my head and doesn't get.... overly long.

Taleteller50, do you have an ETA for when you expect to close applications? I'd like to be able to budget my time more effectively.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:51 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, I've been thinking, and the original idea was too much of a wilderness guy. I'll probably need to restart from scratch on a cool concept, well, I've allways got some backup, but the previous concept can be considered scratched. Or I might need to mix it some more with the previous oppertunism one, I'll see what I want and what works.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1050
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Would also like to ask about the deadline as I've got a Changeling character being developed for the Maw start and want to make sure I can get her finished as well