RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 10:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Vesper and Mekeet

Vesper and Mekeet
left-aligned image

The beautiful Goliath woman peers into your natural eyes, her own very curious at your reply. She nods and stands, taking you to a door just aside where you stand. She closes it with rising suspicion, but decides to hear you out and grants you privacy. "I ave no time fo' games little one, what is it that Mekeet can do fo' you. My selection not suit yoa' flavo'? Looking fo' something... o' someone... a bit mo'...manly? Mekeet can get you what you need fo' the wight pwice, yes?"

right-aligned image

"Oh, I believe you mistake my intent." Vesper says with a smile and jovial tone to her voice. She remembers reading the correspondences between Lord Vilaris and his business partners. He was skilled at mergers and acquisitions. It was time to see if she could put any of that knowledge to good use. "I have no interest in partaking in this establishment's services. I have a business proposition for the owner of this establishment. Is that something that you can entertain on his/her behalf or am I speaking with the wrong person?"

left-aligned image

"Mekeet can take all questions to who she needs to if not... Owna' is..v'y pwivate with thee' affae's. Mekeet only one to see them at end of shift. Mekeet wun this building fo' owna'. Like Managa'."
"You tell Mekeet what you want... Lets see, yes?"
It was obvious that the "manager" wasn't going to get the owner for any reason. She stood before you, arms now folded and crossed over her chest, waiting.

right-aligned image

"Oh, great!" Vesper's smile widens as she continues. "My name is Vesper Zuul. I represent two parties that have varying vested interests in this small town. The town itself has... potential. And the parties in question would like to see that potential reached, while enjoying the profits at the same time."

Vesper glances at Mekeet to ensure that she was paying attention before continuing. "Have you ever heard of a tavern not far from here called Hair of the Bear?"

left-aligned image

Mekeet continues looking at you, her eyes never leaving you. "You take me fo' a new guy? Ev'yone know of ae' of the Beaw a'. Small town, lots of people. Only plage in town that can't bwing in a coztoma'. What about it?"

right-aligned image

"Well, my associates and I have been staying there and realized that it, and the rest of the town, are in a bit of a state of disrepair. We've already started fixing up his establishment. However, we would like to do more. That's where you come in. While this is a nice place you have here, I'm certain that it gets overcrowded being in such a small building. Now, seeing as how you all have managed to operate without the prying eyes of the authorities, I would assume that your employer has sufficiently bribed or blackmailed the local authorities to turn a blind eye to your activities. If I'm correct in this, then I suggest a merger of the two businesses. You and your employees move to the Hair of the Bear and operate out of there, providing cooks, bartenders, barmaids, and housekeepers... But, in return, not only do you get an increase in profits, but also more room to operate. Everyone wins."

left-aligned image

Her eyes close as she listens to you, oddly enough you see her start to smile. Her arms unfold and she seemingly relaxes. "You give Mekeet good idea. Owna' will be appy to know they ave such a good employee. Mekeet will let owna' know. Vespa' come bagk to Mekeet next week, yes?"

right-aligned image

"What idea do you have, Mekeet?" Vesper asks

left-aligned image

"Mekeet think it's time to move up and out of this plage, yea? ead ova' to ae' of the Beaw and liven the plage up, yea! Make some money, give a little, take a little... What's the pwofits fo' bwothel and what's yoa' cut?"

right-aligned image

"The owner of the Hair of the Bear gets 25%, your boss gets 25%, The staff/employees get 25%, my group gets 15%, 5% goes into a discretionary fund to assist with subverting any prying eyes or authorities that need paying off, and 5% to helping improve the establishment/expand/and increase our standing within the town. Granted, this arrangement is simply for the profits, not the operational costs and upkeep of the establishment itself. Also, your people are responsible for providing security for the establishment and I have one more favor... In Boury, there is a guard named Gary. Give him a job in security for the establishment. To help sweeten the deal, my group will look into the Water problem here in Merchant's Rest. I imagine that not having a reliable source of clean water is a threat to the entire town and will start slowing down business for you, if left unchecked. My people may be able to help in this regard."

left-aligned image

Mekeet refolds her arms and <hmphs>
"Yoa' pwice is too igh. The cut too low. But Mekeet tell you this... Upon FIXING the wata' pwoblem, then we talk numba's, but not on a pwomise of jozt looking into it. Needs Fixed. ""

right-aligned image

"Then I have your word that if my associates and I fix the water problem that we will meet with both you and your boss to discuss terms?"
Vesper extends her hand to shake on the agreement.

left-aligned image

Mekeet considers everything one more time, before adjoining her very large hand over vesper's arm. She barely has a hold on it, but gives her a firm shake , sending her body a bit off the ground for a matter of short seconds. "Mekeet gives her word."