twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 118
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Ok, so Troll was untenable, I think everyone saw that coming. The real problem was that they got huge bonuses to a bunch of stuff I didn't need and penalties to all relevant attributes.

I'm still working everything out.

Is the Vehicle modification system from Rigger 5.0 available. I don't really see how I can do a vehicle character without it.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1794
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Yes, I got access to Rigger 5.0. Just let me know what you are using so I can go over it.

Last edited by Silk; 01-05-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Specifically I was looking at using a GMC Bulldog (core book) as my main ride.
For sure I was adding concealed weapon mounts and probably gun... hatches, ports, whatever lets people shoot out of it.
I haven't gotten that deep. I'm really in the concept viability phase, so I'm seeing what sort of things I can get at C/D/E wealth levels in a Fermi math sense.

I have a lot of reading to do yet.

I've pretty well decided on a burned cop as my background, explains why no one was willing to work with him until now.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:38 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Feed Back! for those that need it.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:04 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Just FYI: I added a Note to 'Starting Karma' at the bottom of the 'Character creation' part in the advertisement.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1169
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Just FYI: I added a Note to 'Starting Karma' at the bottom of the 'Character creation' part in the advertisement.
If you choose Sum-to-Ten and Standard rules, you'll still have 25 starting karma, and you can adjust the starting availability and change it to Sum-to-Six to match the Street Scum rules.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1691
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
That's what I did too
Old 01-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
@RainyDayNinja: THANK YOU!

This had me worried for a bit I put that in the notes under Starting Karma.

Last edited by Silk; 01-06-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2565
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Silk is a great, Shadowrun is awesome. I would love to play in your game but the plate is full. All the fulls.

If you ever need a replace hit me up!
Old 01-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
MangeyStreet Name/Real Name: Mangey

Metatype(Sex): Human (Male)

Intended Role: Vehicle/Drone Rigger

Appearance: (Image coming soon) Mangey wears rumpled dirty clothes with some poorly patches rips. He has gained some weight since his days in uniform and his beard and hair have grown out wild and unkempt. Months of living in his van mean that he rarely gets a chance to shower and a rank musky smell wafts off of him the smell is only more pronounced if you dare to get into his van.

Backstory: Mangey was a cop from a long line of cops. He was trained as a SWAT Rigger and has logged over a thousand hours ferrying teams around and providing remote assistance and surveillance to SWAT teams. He had a promising career and a charming white picket fence homelife (or what passes for one in the sixth world) until his life fell off the rails.

His daughter was killed. Hit by a car at age 11. Nothing dramatic, driver was a sober soccer mom, justice was adequately served. But it doesn’t really take all that to make a tragedy. It put a strain on his marriage, which put a strain on his work. He got demoted to desk work (working surveillance drones). The demotion put a strain in his finances which put more strain on his home life, his wife left him 421 days after his daughter’s car accident. He continued his downward spiral, getting booted to a beat cop. Understandably he was in a pretty bad place mentally after his divorce and his demotion, he tended to take out his frustrations on the public he was protecting and serving. He was a pretty major a-hole during his years in uniform, never let anyone off with a warning, never one had a perp not 'resist arrest'. He got a reputation with the other officers and with the criminal fraternity in his area, it got so bad that the brass upstairs gave him a formal request for corrective action. Unable to take out his anger on the public anymore he started a habit of ‘self indulgence’. When he was found ‘indulging’ in the patrol car he was fired for indecent conduct and was put on the sex offender registry.

He has been living in his van ever since. He couldn’t get legitimate employment because of his record he couldn’t get illegitimate employment since everyone assumed he would be a snitch. He has been barely getting by as an independent courier. Every now and then a gang will get desperate enough to hire him for a job so he can splurge on upgrading his van or his drones. But for the most part his is just existing and trying to forget how far he has fallen.

Role Play Example:
“Mangey, you have got to stop doing this to me, man.” The officer said, his elbows resting on the roof of the van.
“I know Rod but I need the money and these kids are the only ones that will take the risk to hire me.” He gestured with a thumb towards the back of the van where Rod’s partner had the five Chromers he had been ferrying around “Could you do me a solid? Let them off with a warning or an open intox or something. I’ll keep them in-line until I get them back to their turf. It’ll kill the one job I can count on if these guys think I delivered them to you.
Rod thought for a minute scratching his beard with one big hand “I can’t fit them all in the cruiser anyway. I’ll give them a warning, but I have to take that kid to the drunk tank.” He pointed to the kid puking in the gutter, pink liberty spikes wobbling with each retching motion. “But Mangey, this is the last time, there has to be something better you can be doing than driving punks around to do ‘who-knows-what.” he rubbed a thumb over a dent in the door from a 9mm “it’s too much risk for what they are paying you, I’m sure.”
“There really isn’t, besides they would be doing a lot worse than throwing beer bottles at stop signs if I wasn’t keeping an eye on them” he smiled through his beard “I’ll see you around Rod, say ‘Hi’ to Susan for me and thanks for taking it easy on these guys, it helps me out a lot.”
Rod smiled, grunted, and walked away. He threw the kid with the pink hair into the cruiser and gave the other kids the stern talking to in his scariest cop voice.
Good to know I still have some friends around here Mangey thought to himself as the Chromers got back in the van and he drove away.

Other:
Jorge “Rod” Rodriguez is one of Mangey’s few remaining cop friends. They were neighbors when Mangey still had a family and apartment and all that. As a Troll Rod had to work his butt off to make it onto the force to begin with and he took a pretty big pay cut when Knight Errant outbid Lonestar on the Seattle contract. All of that contributes to his willingness to occasionally help out Mangey.

Rind is the nominal leader of a Chromer gang. He’s the oldest member of the gang at 20 and the kids he leads are mostly harmless. He hires Mangey to truck him and his guys around so that they can mark their territory. Rind end up hiring him because he is willing to take payment from them in concert tickets. Mangey has let them know that for 15 more tickets he can deploy the guns and give their rivals a real scare, but the price is always to steep for a bunch of punk kids to stomach.

How familiar are you with Shadowrun, both concerning the flavor and the mechanics of 5E? Know a fair bit about the flavor from playing older editions. Getting better on the mechanics by the day. I read all of the 5th ed book once but it was several years ago in preparation for a game that never happened.

Last edited by Sir Swindle; 01-14-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Updated my contact. Jasmine Flowers, ugh, right? That's why she goes by Jaz.

EDIT: Updated votes too just in case I can't get to it, but I could update it with new applications.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-07-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:30 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 699
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Aw, fudge! I've been wanting to get into Shadowrun for a while now. But as it stands my plate is too full to be learning a new system on top of it all wilts

I guess I'll just start learning the system on the side so I don't miss anything else interesting.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:21 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
gravitywolf gravitywolf
I'm going to tentatively redact my placeholder, the game set up is super interesting and I've been hungry for Shadowrun, but I don't think I'd have the necessary time for this kind of campaign, which is a shame!

If I can figure out a way to ease my schedule/if I realize it's not actually that bad though, I'll try to toss in that character I was preparing.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
To all ye voters and prospective players who might not have a lot of experience with the system, I wanted give you an honest caveat about Chuck.

If you want a Decker who can do it all, Chuck is not your guy. Better go with another Decker. Chuck can help other Deckers (teamwork) and he specializes in bricking devices (killing enemy smart devices, wired cyberware, surveillance devices and the like). But beyond that, he is lacking.

Nor is he going to be at the level of a dedicated street samurai.

He's really just support for those two roles and not much else. Forget about Face or infiltration.

Just wanted to be transparent since Combat Decker is a little vague.

<<<End transmission>>>
Old 01-12-2019, 06:53 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
The deadline is approaching ever nearer. Only five days to go.

MIniSchnauzer, Ghost6442, and Sir Swindle, if your applications are complete let me know so I can change your status to Complete.

Last edited by Silk; 01-12-2019 at 06:55 AM.