RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3490
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
I love this idea. I'll start on my application tomorrow!

Eye of Solaris | The Great Exile | Return to Karredral | Waeveran Legends | Madness in Stephanovo
Old 01-10-2019, 10:18 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
SleepyTenor
I really like the idea here. I'll definitely start putting something together for this. Placeholder for now. (I'm not sure how people are doing these tables, but they are really nice to look at.)
Old 01-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyTenor View Post
I really like the idea here. I'll definitely start putting something together for this. Placeholder for now. (I'm not sure how people are doing these tables, but they are really nice to look at.)
Hey there! I see you are new to RPGX so let me say welcome to this wonderful community! The site uses BBcode for creating tables and all the other fancy things. When you register, I think you receive a welcome email that links to a discussion with some guidelines on all the different cool things you can do! Or if you hate reading manuals like I do and prefer to get all practical, you can always press the "Quote" button on a post you like and you can see how exactly has the person codded their post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Good advice ZazoAndrov, here's the link to the BBCode for this forum too. Super Helpful. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
Old 01-10-2019, 11:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Oh. I almost forgot. This is a GREAT online resizer for images too. Even shares a direct link online to what you resize. PbP Gold. https://www.photoresizer.com/
Old 01-10-2019, 11:48 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SleepyTenor
Well thank you. Those are certainly things to remember.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4560
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Update: Placeholder has evolved into Completed Application!!

Completed Application
The Lad
right-aligned image

Name: Riley “Ry” Leighrendos
Ability Scores: 9, 11, 10, 11, 9, 11
Character Sheet: Click

Personality: Riley (aka “Ry”) is a kind-hearted lad who isn’t the best with words. A daydreamer to the core he can often be found staring off into the distance or up at the clouds in a daze. He really enjoys being around others, especially those his age, but he tends to struggle when he wishes to get his point across. Due to this he often waits for others to engage him first for fear that if he speaks out of turn he might annoy them and chase them off as he attempts to relay what he really means. He does what he can to stay in line and be viewed as a good child.

Backstory: Mom told me I’m a “Bashterd,” whatever that means. I think it’s a bad thing since she sometimes cried when people found out. They wouldn’t talk to her anymore or were mean to her when that happened. I don’t really know what I did to be a “bashterd,” I always tried to be a good boy. Whatever I did must’ve been really bad since those ladies that took Mom to that party never brought her back. They said they were going to meet my Dad, I never met him before. I hope Mom brings him back so I can meet him!

Ms. Helfield, the old lady down the street took me to the orphanage after a few weeks when mom didn’t come back. She never knew mom left. I’m kind of glad she did, I could at least eat something other than old grains then and didn’t have to fight the rats for it anymore! The people were nice and even taught me how to cook so I could help out! I hope Mom comes back soon though, I really miss her. I’m doing my best to be a good boy, so she won’t cry anymore too!

RP Sample:

The Hero
left-aligned image

Name: Lucas Grimmol
Race:Human
Class: Fighter
Character Sheet: Click

Personality: Lucas always does what he can to be an example for the soldiers who follow him. With a quick wit and sharp eyes meant to desemble situations and find an effective means to counter his foes and turn the battle in his favor. He enjoys being among his comrads and sharing regaling tales of his accomplishments as well as teach others on how they might improve themselves in combat. If he is seen staring off he is actually thinking of the best course of action to take and does not have his head in the clouds. He prefers to try and talk his way out of a situation before letting his trusty halberd do the talking.

Backstory: Lucas was once a well-known and respected military officer who served as key strategist for one of the King's generals. He has seen his fair share of battles and through his wit and intellect the King's army has emerged victorious every time with minimal casualties. This has won him the trust of his men and fellow citizens, whom he has sworn his life to protect.

After many years he began to ponder the idea of retiring and made the mistake of sharing this info in a place where untrusted individuals could listen in. The notorious Crimson Eye syndicate relayed his plans with a nefarious twist to the king. They told the king that Lucas planned to defect to an enemy nation and become their strategist and overthrow the kingdom!

When he was brought before the King Lucas swore that it was untrue, and he just wished to retire peacefully. It was only due to his extensive history and many victories that his life was spared. But he was to be stripped of his rank and kicked out of the army. A retirement in a fashion he did not desire. Now he sees the mistake he has made and is trying to regain his lost reputation and position in the army, so he can lead his soldiers to victory again and weed out the evil Crimson Eyes and make them pay for what they did to him!

RP Sample:

This was a fun and interesting challenge to create a young character and essentially an alter ego.
Thank you for this opprotunity

Last edited by Retry; 01-13-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Adding Lucas' character sheet
Old 01-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Woot woot.^
Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3490
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
The Child
left-aligned image

Name : Kiera
Ability Scores 9 12 11 11 9 12

Character Sheet: WIP

Personality and Backstory

Kiera grew up a happy child with fond memories of bouncing on her fathers knee and playing in the garden as her mother worked. A child couldn't ask for more than what she had... except perhaps more time...

She was just over five when her parents died. They traveled often but this time they were going with a couple other families to a neighboring town for what her mom called a "festival"... whatever that was. She'd never been to one but her mom promised there would be lots of dancing and sweets for her to eat. It was their third night on the road when they were attacked. She remembers the screams and the crying as men with long swords and arrows cut through their camp, setting wagons on fire and cutting down men and women alike. Her mom and dad had left the tent to help the others before a tall man bigger than her daddy stepped through the flap, dagger in hand. a pointy stick stuck out of his chest then, and he fell to the ground. A woman with a bow peeking in to check the man and her face grew white when she saw Kiera. The woman was kind to her and brought her to the town that she was from when Kiera couldn't remember her own town.

Soon after, Kiera was dropped off at an orphanage in that town with nothing other than a couple pairs of clothes and the doll she'd gotten for her fifth birthday from her parents. The adventurer who saved her gave her mother's jewelry and father's gold to the orphanage to help provide for her. In a strange town, her family stripped savagely from her, and unable to process what had happened Kiera had found a friend in her doll, Abigail. She didn't play with the other children much. She had only been there for 6 months before the fire and hadn't had enough time to open up to the others. She was almost always quiet and shy - rarely, if ever, laughing like the others. Still, she was very kind and comforting to those in need.

Kiera was usually off on her own, sometimes hiding, feeling as if she didn't belong or had no friends despite those around her who obviously cared about her. She would cry often and inexplicably and took comfort in her doll Abigail or the arms of one of the older girls. More concerning is the fact that many times people around her swore that she spoke to the doll as if it were a living being, as if it was speaking back to her.

RP Sample

A nurse picked Kiera up in her right arm, another boy in her left, and pulled her violently out the door and down the hallway. "Abigail!!"Kiera screamed out. "I can’t leave Abigail! Go back!" She screamed, kicking and punching trying to break loose of the nurses grip.

"Leave her," the nurse said tersly. Cries and screams echoed through the halls but Kiera barely heard them.

"Let go, let go. LET GO!" Kiera cried, her normally quiet demeanor melting away in agonized protest. "I said let me go," Kiera cried out one last time before biting at the arm of the nurse.

"Ow," the nurse exclaimed, dropping Kiera to the ground. The nurse grabbed for her but Kiera had already started bolting back the way they came. The nurse hesitated for a moment but continued down the main hall with the little boy, heading to save whoever she could.

The smoke stung Kiera’s eyes, tears rolled down her cheeks, and grit clung in the back of her throat. Still, she hadn’t found her best friend and to leave her behind was unthinkable. She crawled along the floor of her sparsely furnished room feeling around for any sign of Abigail. Her eyes stung and she was having a hard time breathing. Desperately she tried to scream out but choked, unable to get a sound out.

She sunk down, leaning against her bed. She thought back to her mom and dad, smiling in the kitchen as they ate breakfast together. Sitting on her dad’s lap, smiling ear to ear. This was the end and she knew it, but at least she’d see them again. "Mommy… Daddy..." she sobbed, wishing for her parents like only a six year old can do.

As she collapsed on the floor her fingers brushed against coarse hair spilling out from under her bed. The hair felt more like horse hair than that of a little girl… the hair a doll would have.

A cry choked out of her, barely a sob. She clutched the doll to her cheek and tears began streaming in earnest now. This was the only thing she had to her name, the only thing she had left from her parents. She curled up on her side and closed her eyes waiting everything to stop hurting.

"Kiera," she heard, the sound cutting through the crackling of the fire and the screams of the other children. Her eyes flew open, unable to place where the voice had come from. "Kiera, move!"

Kiera looked to Abigail, the doll clutched tightly to her chest. She looked the same as she’d always been, save where the soot had rubbed off on her. She and the doll were almost inseparable. Kiera played with her and spoke to her often, yet she’d never spoken back before.

"KIERA! NOW!" The desperation was clear in the doll’s voice. Kiera started to get back to her hands and knees, following the doll’s instructions without really knowing why. She clutched at the doll in a way that made her tiny fist ache but she refused to lose her only friend again.

Kiera started towards the main hall but stopped short when she heard the doll protest, "No! Take the back stairs." The back stairs were further away but there was less smoke there… Slowly she slid her palms and knees across the floor, fighting for each breath. She climbed down the stairs and the smoke began to thin. As she headed for the back door she heard the voice again.

"The side door! The one they bring the milk in!" Without hesitation Kiera moved towards the rarely used servants entrance and tried the doorknob. It didn’t budge.

Kiera started bawling but was cut short by Abigail’s voice. "AGAIN," the voice said, filling her mind. As if on command she grasped at the knob with both hands, the doll’s tiny palm clutched in Kiera’s own as if trying to help. There was a click and the knob spun, the door falling away from them and she fell down the steps in a heap.

"Almost there," Abigail said, "get to the front gate." Kiera stumbed and crawled the last hundred feet to salvation. One of the older girls cried out and caught her as she fell on the verge of fainting. "Very good, little one." Abigail said.

‘Daddy used to say that…’ Kiera thought as everything turned to darkness.

The Hero
right-aligned image

Name: Rumiana "Rumi"
Race:Human
Class: Puppeteer
Character Sheet: WIP

Personality & Backstory:

Anyone who's ever met Rumi undoubtedly thinks that her name was given in jest. Or the personality she bore a cruel joke of the gods to a pair of loving parents expecting a bubbly joyous little girl. After all, how could the stoic, hardened woman hiding behind a cloak and mask be a reflection of her name which literally meant "happy and rosy."

These people couldn't be further from the truth, though not of any fault from their own. her home was on an island far to the north and almost inaccessible to the rest of the world. They had no visitors unless they wanted them, and they rarely did. How could these commoners know that showing expression is considered not only rude but outright inappropriate in the land of her birthright? That she was that mischevious, giddy, funny girl still resided underneath a tough worn exterior of trained control and restraint. Her community used intricate hand gestures to convey meaning and emotions. They also thought those that sang and performed for others were something akin to the whores that slept with men for coin. Many of their men and women are trained in the arts of war and Rumi was no exception. With her parents' renowned warriors and well respected throughout the tribes, how could she do anything other than follow in their footsteps?

Unfortunately, Rumi had little interest in fighting. She fell in love with a traveling troupe at a young age and yearned to perform for others. At the age of 16, she declared to her parents that she'd never again adorn herself in armor. Her people disowned her but she wasn't concerned. She valued seeing smiles on the faces of others, true smiles unbridled by cultural limitations and wanted to travel to the mainland to learn the craft. After joining with a minor troupe and learning the basics of puppet construction and manipulation she heard tales of a legendary warrior who fought, not with a sword and shield, but with puppets who did his bidding without strings. Her blood was still her blood and when she wanted something she always found the determination to make it happen. She managed to find this man in less than 6 months and convinced him to take her on as an apprentice, something he'd never done before or since.

From him she learned the fine art of chakra strings, crafting superior puppets, how to make them appear as real as any other person, and how to animate their faces and voices in ways long lost to her own features. Before he died, he told her that she was destined for more. She'd learned not only the ways of war but also the ways of the puppeteer and with both she would truly be a great hero that would save lives and bring hope to the world. The night he died Rumi had a nightmare that felt more real than any other dream she'd ever experienced. She was a little girl, clutching a doll, covered in ash. She was on the verge of death before a voice spoke through the doll and led her to safety. The last thing she remembered before waking up was falling down the stairs, exhausted, and a voice telling her that she'd done well. She didn't know what it meant but she did know one thing. She had to make a new mannequin. She'd name it Abigail.

Though Rumi remains as stoic as others of her heritage, those with a close eye will notice that her puppets' emotions will often mimic the meaning of her hand gestures. They might even notice that pranks happen more often when Rumi's puppets are around, though no one would ever accuse her of such a thing.

RP Sample

Rumi woke with a start.

She leaned over her bed, wretching and coughing. Her throat ached and her chest burned. Her sheets were soaked through with sweat and her senses were overwhelmed with the smell and taste of ash.

She took a second to compose herself, ensuring that the worst was over before brushing her long, straight, black hair out of her face and sitting up again. She put her head in her hands, her elbows resting on her legs as she sat cross-legged in bed trying to breathe again.

'What is happening to me?' she thought to herself, tears welling up in her eyes. It had been years since she'd cried. Not even when her mentor died the night before did she have a reaction such as this. 'I could feel the heat... smell the burning flesh...' She found herself reaching to the side of her pillow and realized that for some reason she'd expected a small doll with horse hair to be there to comfort her. A shiver ran down her spine and she closed her eyes to refocus the way she'd been taught since she was old enough to stand.

'One...' she closed her eyes and saw the breeze as it twisted and danced among the leaves of an old elm tree. 'Two...' she watched the water as it flowed around the pebbles in a clear mountain spring. 'Three...' she watched a campfire as it flickered... Suddenly she was back in the house, trying desperately to turn a do...

Rumi's eyes flew open once again. She hadn't had trouble with this exercise since she was a child. Something about the dream had shaken her to her core. She set her feet on the floor, cold with the morning air, thankful for the contrast to her all-too-realistic dream. She sat on the front step of her modest home, motionless for well over an hour, staring off into the night sky before dressing and walking to the nearby building which served as her workshop. She toiled for the rest of the night and well into the day, not even stopping to eat when one of the girls who did simple tasks for her mentor brought her breakfast... or lunch.

When the girl returned with dinner she set it on the table next to the other meals and sighed. Rumi was nowhere to be seen and the death of their dear friend seemed to have hit her especially hard. The girl turned to walk to the door and bumped into the figure of a bright-eyed young woman with thick, deep brown hair. The girl screamed and jumped back as the young woman smiled with glee and clasped her hands over her mouth, giddy with joy. Outside Rumi leaned against a tree, watching the breeze flow through the grass surrounding the cottage, making the gestures for laughter while her creation left the scared girl behind. Letting her puppet convey her true feelings, those she still found herself unable to display despite her distance from her heritage, she finally felt complete. She pulled her cloak tight around her, lifting her hood and putting her deep black mask across the lower portion of her face. She grabbed her backpack and started away from the cottage, gesturing beneath her cloak as she walked gracefully down the path.

She didn't know what the dream meant, but she did know one thing. She had needed to make a new mannequin. She had named it Abigail.

A young woman with thick brown hair danced and skipped, following close behind her.

Eye of Solaris | The Great Exile | Return to Karredral | Waeveran Legends | Madness in Stephanovo

Last edited by DaysUntold; 01-14-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Moved dice rolls to bottom of field
Old 01-12-2019, 09:19 AM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 886
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Alright, I'm pretty sure my Character application is done!
Old 01-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
Okay guys, 3 applications are already done with 4 more that are "Work in Progress". I think it's save to assume that at least 2 of those 4 are going to be completed, or maybe even all four of them, which will make our starting party of 7 people!

Because of this I think I shouldn't take more applications for now. Everyone that has already posted a placeholder, feel free to complete your applications
Old 01-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Oh nice! *Dances*
Old 01-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SleepyTenor
Oh! Neat. Well I should have something up in the next few days. My work schedule is a bit crazy. Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget and I am still working on an application.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3884
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Cool I can probably finish up in a couple days
Old 01-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4560
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Sorry for the delay, my application is complete! I'll get the sheets drafted up soon and link them into Ry/Lucas' name or just create a "Sheet:" line.

This was so fun to create and write, thanks

Last edited by Retry; 01-12-2019 at 10:55 PM.