RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 09:30 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5392
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

Paperweight.

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old 01-08-2019, 12:46 AM
Half Elf, Half Mad

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1552
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
Application for: Duke
right-aligned image
Name: Lean-Tongue "Duke" Dayukk'duk
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Monster Hunter (adapted from Outlander)

History: Lean-Tongue Dayukk'duk (Lean, Tongue, LT, or orc are some of the names he've been called; he prefers Duke) is a hunter at the prime of his life. The Duke's Drafts and Decoctions, a simple alchemy store/bar he co-owns with the dragonborn Panash is slowly but surely gaining a good reputation in the capital city of Suzail, but the half-orc feels like he could be doing more. When Panash receives the summons from the king regarding the giant threat, Duke immediately sees an amazing opportunity. Despite being well-traveled and having faced some strange and wondrous monsters, Duke had never gone toe-to-toe with a giant. The prospect of a great challenge had the adrenaline pumping in his veins again, and his simple brain also considered the possibility of harvesting rare ingredients and materials for a new line of products that Panash and he have been cooking up. Everything seemed a point to a win-win scenario, assuming he survived.

In truth, Duke has a bit of a mid-life crisis. He knows that he still has a lot more room to grow as a hunter and warrior, and he aims to be the best; he pursued the magic arts for exactly the same reason. King Foril's call for heroes is therefore a test for himself, to determine the path he should walk. Should he finally settle down with old Panash and pursue the alchemical arts as a full-time career, or can he still keep up with the young pups in the adventuring business? He hoped that all his inner doubts and speculation would be resolved in this quest.

Another reason for Duke's indecisiveness comes from how he acquired his weapon of choice: the Greatsword+2Bladrask. A particularly mischievous efreeti had become notorius for fooling poor saps by making them ill-fated deals, so some "concerned citizens" pooled some coin for Duke to get rid of it. When the creature acquired heavy wounds from Duke's attacks, the elemental creature produced a sword that was unlike any other that the warrior had ever laid eyes upon. A trade, it said - from some other creature it had some blood-feud with - in exchange for its life. The half-orc, for some reason, let the efreeti go. With a smile, the creature said that the bearer of its blade would have a key role to play in a "world-changing" event, but left before Duke could even get a question out. As soon as he held its handle, a feeling of lightness and peace filled him. When he let go, realization dawned on Duke that the feeling came only from wielding the blade itself; its power was both attractive and frightening to the warrior, who didn't scare easy. He had no idea whether or not the bliss he felt was because whatever prophecy it was connected to would be good for the bearer, or that it was simply a mask to obscure certain doom.

Roleplay Sample:

ExtrasWhy were you chosen by the king? See RP Sample
Epic Magic item: Greatsword +2
Creator: Elemental Air
History: Prophecy
Minor Property: Guardian
Quirk: Blissful
Stronghold: Duke's Drafts and Decoctions, a hole-in-the-wall type of alchemical shop co-owned by Duke and his dragonborn BFF Panash. Situated near the Witch-Duke's Bride tavern in Suzail City. No relation to the half-orc.

Last edited by Tinuviel; 01-10-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

Ooh, question! How willing would you be to work with a Bag of Beans as a rare item? We could tailor it somewhat to be less derailing, if you were interested.

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old 01-09-2019, 12:16 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
bag of beans? I better buy a mask.....
Old 01-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3604
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255

Last edited by Inuvash255; 01-10-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3584
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
*rubs hands together in anticipation of stomping giants*

It can't come soon enough.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3507
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post

Yeah, seriously. This long application window is cruel and undue punishment.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3446
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post

Oh I agree!

The weekend is fast approaching, I will be starting my reviews of all applications that have already been submitted. That does not mean it is too late to drop an application! All will be considered up until Sunday afternoon.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics

If you don't like the Bag of Beans, what about a Portable Hole? I might like that better.

...how likely are average people to recognize a Portable Hole? Could it reasonably be mistaken for a black handkerchief, do you think?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3446
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Radagast View Post

If you don't like the Bag of Beans, what about a Portable Hole? I might like that better.

...how likely are average people to recognize a Portable Hole? Could it reasonably be mistaken for a black handkerchief, do you think?
Both are interesting concepts, let me think about it for a few days
Old 01-11-2019, 12:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Yeah, I can't wait either. Not often I play a high level character. Had this character in another game at 12th level and DM disappeared after 2 weeks. A player took over the game and was going great until about 2 months, then the new DM told us he had a lot on his plate and that was the end of that.

In Pathfinder game, same thing, just starting the game and DM disappeared. Another game, exact same thing. Talk about frustration...
Old 01-11-2019, 01:31 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3507
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Yeah, high level play is some holy grail stuff.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:33 AM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4378
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
I'm always baffled when I see a game not having a Cleric anywhere. Let's correct that...

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Jordas Brandywen
Race: Human
Class: Cleric (Death)
Alignment: NG
Background: Haunted One
History: Left on the doorstep of a Halfling home, Jordas was raised by the Brandywens. Being a Human lad he quickly grew taller than any Halfling in the house or of the sprawling community of Seven Arches. Eveyone banded together to acquire the materials and muscle to build a home big enough for him to grow up in until he was of-age. He was home schooled by his Aunt Luvelia and His Uncle Moras. Knowing he was raised in an unusual place he started training to defend himself in preparation to leave Seven Arches and travel the world in order to find his blood parents. But he quickly gained more practice than he could've ever asked for as a mysterious figure emerged from nowhere and attacked Jordas. And as soon as he was overpowered, the figure dropped a piece of crystal on a leather cord onto his chest and vanished as quickly as it came.

It was shortly after that encounter did Jordas discover something different and powerful. He was awoken one night by a voice. One that claimed he was wrongfully killed in a skirmish some miles away from Seven Arches and that he was the only other person that could hear him. In the morning he spoke to the priest at the local church of Chauntea to help exercise this spirit. Going through the ritual with the priest, there was a flash of silvery light from the crystal that filled the church. When it dulled, he could see in one of the facets of the stone a dark wing sprouting from a sword. After that day, he found himself able to conjure that same silvery light in various ways. Striking straw dummies, closing wounds he accrued from practice, and occasionally hearing the voices of restless spirits.

Since then Jordas has traveled the world, bouncing between multiple adventuring groups and organizations. He doesn't align himself with any major body of worship or Order but he always has been known to do good work. Healing the injured, decimating dangerous foes, overcoming terrible acts of nature and arcane alike. Some say that this Human was blessed with Halfling luck or sports a silver tongue, only enhanced by his divine power. During the downtime of his last massive undertaking of rebuilding a cursed amulet so he and some rallied forces could vanquish the corrupting demon Utakesh, he had finally finished building his dream home. A comfortable single-story home on a large plot of land where he maintains his own garden as well as keeps a shrine to his god. Occasional vistors come by asking for his aid in one way or another though nothing world-ending has been mentioned in weeks.

That is until he received a letter with the seal of King Foril Obarskyr I...

Roleplay Sample: "Hm? Moi cloak?" Jordas replied as a random patron pointed out his cloak that seemed to slowly shift through the color spectrum as he sat there at a small table in a cozy tavern. He grin some and continued in a clear IrishHalfling accent. "Aye it does that all on it's own. Kinda weird but it does somethin' much more than just look fabulous. It also makes for a helluva story!" He shifts in his seat and orders another pint. "Ever hear of a place called The Den o' Doors? Not many have an' I only found out about it through some divinin' magic o'mine. Got tasked with trackin' down a devil-possessed Sorcerer who was tryin' to harness the natural dimension shapin' power of that place to rip open an absolute gapin' tear in the Planes an' get a whole invasion goin'. So! Made a name for myself doin' a number of 'impossible' missions an' tasks so I got handed another! A few spells later an' I track this jackass down back to the Den."

"Turns out because of the constant state of flux the Den supposedly gives arcane users have a hard time findin' the place let alone navigatin' it. Loooooots of trial an' error even with moi god backin' me up."
He took a big swig of his new tankard. "Found the bugger though! Put him in his place right quick, him an' the demon possessin' him. Took the cloak he was wearin' as a trophy an' his head as proof he was done for. Turns out the cloak was using the magic from that place so he could jump from place t'place real easy. Even takin' it out it still has that power though the limit seems t'be once a day. As for the color changin'?" He just shrugs. "Still haven't figured that one out."

Why were you chosen by the king?: Jordas was chosen for his history with overcoming ridiculous odds in not only defeating a great foe but keeping allies away from the precipice of death. His most noteworthy accomplishment required him being Shifted to the Plane of Water in order to locate an expeditionary force attempting to find intelligent life or cities that could be contacted across the planes. He located such a city but was captured and taken to their leader. He admits the details become hazy at this point as he doesn't recall what exactly he said to the ruler nor his court. Just that he put on a grand display of destruction and restoration one after the other. The next clear memory he can recall is recasting Plane Shift via a scroll granted to him by a high ranking court wizard, with the surviving expeditionary party, and was commended highly for his efforts.
Rare Magic item: Cape of the Mountebank
Stronghold: Jordas' stronghold is a modest single-story home on a few acres of land. Maintaining his own crops, livestock, and a small orchard. He has a small staff he pays to keep things running when he's not there adventuring, paid through the treasure he's acquired over the years. His home has all he could want; A master bedroom, kitchen, dining room, living room, den/study, a couple guest bedrooms, a training room, and a small shrine dedicated to his god Ragathiel. He spends his time learning to cook using the crops from his small farm. In his den he displays trophies of his time spent around the world. A few weapons, a battered set of armor, shelves of books, a mounted Behir head, even a stuffed Umberhulk crammed into one corner.

Last edited by Tyeal; 01-13-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:18 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8600
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
As there are several newer site members submitting for this game, I am withdrawing my app so as not to compete with any of them.

Good luck all!
Old 01-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
As there are several newer site members submitting for this game, I am withdrawing my app so as not to compete with any of them.

Good luck all!

Bummer man, we're rarely in the same game