RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 747
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
If you're not careful, your first boss monster will be a bread golem and it'll ****ing ruin you disgusting lot.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
OsmundCinderholt
This thread made me gluten-intolerant.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:24 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 689
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Name: Absolver Khadir

Alignment: Neutral Good

Class: Inquisitor (Sin Eater)

Race: Aasimar (Lawbringer)

Traits: Unscathed, Fate's Favored, Flame of the Dawnflower

Drawback: Haunted (Khadir is not haunted by his own misdeeds, but is afflicted by the sins of those he has consumed)

right-aligned image

Personality: Absolver Khadir is a quiet and gentle man, the opposite of the untamed youth he used to be, but his quiet and gentle exterior hides the resolve of steel. He is driven and strong-willed, has an ironclad faith in his place in the universe, and does not fear he will lose his deity's favor if he has to use any means he needs to serve her. He believes that she is the redeemer, and wishes to use his abilities to spread her redemption to everyone, even the worst of the worst (perhaps, especially for the worst).
Absolver Khadir is not afraid to admit when he makes mistakes, and he doesn't feel ashamed for his dark past. They were things he did, and he has since found forgiveness. He dislikes people who try to hide their wrongdoings, creatures or outsiders that drive people to do evil, and scorpions (bad experiences as a youth). He likes dressing nicely and comporting himself with dignity, not because he desires to look fashionable or attractive, but because it shows he cares about being elevated above his old self. He does drink alcohol when it's safer than local water, but otherwise doesn't like to take anything in excess. He always has preferred to travel light, even before his duties stripped away needless attachments.
Absolver Khadir does not wish to pursue any romantic relationships, not because of some religious mandate, but because he doesn't want to get distracted from his goals and religious duty. He figures he'll settle down someday when he gets older and then, perhaps he'll allow himself room to love another alongside his goddess.
He does have a sense of humor, albeit quite the dry one. He finds beauty in people being kind to each other, and does not judge a person's physical appearance. If someone with divine blood like him could be evil, then even infernally ugly bodies could house pure souls.

Last edited by Runetide; 01-11-2019 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Added Drawback
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4124
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
If you're not careful, your first boss monster will be a bread golem and it'll ****ing ruin you disgusting lot.
Don't joke about that. I remember an adventure from Dungeon Magazine that had a Calzone Golem as it's main focal point. The thing would spray steaming hot cheese everywhere when it was cut. The HORROR!
Old 01-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
(void)

Last edited by Krow Nest; 01-11-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1075
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
Hey LS. MAde the Adjustments we talked about.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Yo LS, would you mind if I threw you a second application, I was just reminded of a character concept I've been meaning to try for a while that errorously moved to the back of my head.

If you think that's an insane plan, we don't hang out enough.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
Yo LS, would you mind if I threw you a second application, I was just reminded of a character concept I've been meaning to try for a while that errorously moved to the back of my head.
Cheeky, but if you'd prefer to use that concept instead of Vald, then I'll consider Vald withdrawn. You can post the second character now and decide later on which one you want to stick with. Let's say the 20th as the deadline for which character you want to go for, I'll be putting in some more feedback by then.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:38 AM
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2502
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps

Laurian Silverleaf
Elf Psion
(Telepath)
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality
: Laurian has a tremendous desire to be accepted. Due to her unusual talents and troubled upbringing she has difficulty making real friends, but makes up for it by trying desperately to become everybody's friend. This appeasing nature can become off-putting to some. Deep down, she is terrified that her powers are some kind of curse that make her a danger to those around her. Add in the fact that she occasionally accidentally listens in on the thoughts of those around her and she belives even more that she is prey to some kind of malevolent entity.

Her friendly nature is just a thin shield against her paralyzing fear that she can never truly be accepted. She tends to be quietly supportive, not voicing much of her own opinion until comfortable with her peers. She also tries to use her abilities in subtle ways rather than overtly until she believes her companions know she can be trusted. Even if she never fully trusts herself.

She is fiercely loyal to those who have accepted her and will not hesitate to leap to their aid. Conversely, Laurien will not tolerate bullies. A life spent ostracized makes her quick to defend those unjustly targeted.

Raised as a noblewoman, Laurian is always polite and respectful in her dealings. She always insists on the highest quality in clothes, equipment and furnishings; a remnant of her early life among the finery afforded by wealth.

Unique Goal:Open a barber shop so she can start a real barber shop quartet. You wouldn't believe it by the look of her, but she has a wonderful baritone singing voice.

Reason for Arrest: Simultaneous public indecency, impersonating a member of the clergy and corruption of the youth. (He said he was 18)

History: C- Demonstrates a lack of interest in both the spread of communism or the rise of western imperialism.

Traits: Friend in Every Town, Stranger, Focused Mind
Drawback: Doubt

COMPLETE

Last edited by KevinFipps; 01-21-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:58 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1075
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
Is it wrong to say I'm missing the bread puns? The thread has become dreadfully dull these last few days.

We could start on pizza ones if we really want that Calzone Golem at the start

Last edited by swordplay82; 01-17-2019 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:38 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4124
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Urge to pun rising! Fear of GM reprisal increasing!

Why must you tempt me so
Old 01-17-2019, 11:38 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Roll initiative, mother****ers!

Old 01-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Nah, we could just build our characters for bite attacks, that's gotta deal increased damage to your calzone golem!

If you think that's an insane plan, we don't hang out enough.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 189
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
OMG, that picture!

So, uh, hey guys! Kinda late to the party. I had some questions if you don't mind...

First of all, are the players all expected to more or less be banded into a group? Surely, just because we may or may not have been thrown in the same prison cell, or an adjacent one, that doesn't mean we should begin trusting one another, let alone become good friends?

Secondly, I haven't played any public games on this site, and so I am wondering how the stat generating process and character creation process are supposed to feasibly work... What I feel a problem is, let's say you want to make a wizard (like me, cough). You definitely want a high intelligence, as high as possible. So how can you say something like, "Hi, I want to submit a wizard, here is my background, which may or may not be based somewhat on my stats" and then you go to roll stats and then you get like, all 11-14s? I mean, it's probably not likely, but I guess what I'm saying is I always preferred point buy or seeing what stats I could get first before deciding on a character.

Third question........ Drow?? (It would have to be the 0LA lesser drow to start at level 1)
Old 01-17-2019, 12:43 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrowNinjaPrincess View Post
OMG, that picture!

So, uh, hey guys! Kinda late to the party. I had some questions if you don't mind...

First of all, are the players all expected to more or less be banded into a group? Surely, just because we may or may not have been thrown in the same prison cell, or an adjacent one, that doesn't mean we should begin trusting one another, let alone become good friends?

Secondly, I haven't played any public games on this site, and so I am wondering how the stat generating process and character creation process are supposed to feasibly work... What I feel a problem is, let's say you want to make a wizard (like me, cough). You definitely want a high intelligence, as high as possible. So how can you say something like, "Hi, I want to submit a wizard, here is my background, which may or may not be based somewhat on my stats" and then you go to roll stats and then you get like, all 11-14s? I mean, it's probably not likely, but I guess what I'm saying is I always preferred point buy or seeing what stats I could get first before deciding on a character.

Third question........ Drow?? (It would have to be the 0LA lesser drow to start at level 1)
That is plenty of questions, so let's go through them!

1) I would say that, for the purposes of this game, the characters have been in prison together for long enough to at least tolerate each other's existence. The group is the group, you lot are closely knit together and either are already good friends, or will become good friends, or at least don't want to see each other dead. And as your DM, I certainly won't be doing my best to throw a wrench into your friendship and get you lot to kill each other before my monsters do

2) Sooooooo if and when you're accepted, there's a thread for rolling your stats in the game, and that's how most players will do it. If you're desperate to roll before generating your background, I'll allow it. It's roll four dice and take the best three results, so if you roll a 2, a 6, a 4 and a 3, your stat's a 13. I do have what I call an innkeeper rule where if you roll a character who can't chew gum and walk at the same time you can discard and reroll.

3) Drow!! I'll a-drow it!