twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 08:12 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12248
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
I haven't updated things in the last day or two. I will be going over everything tomorrow with a fine tooth comb and update the chart correctly. I will post when it is updated.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:26 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15503
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
With all these prey-species, just means that food will be less of an issue on long journeys. I kid, I kid. <3

I don't think I missed anything, but I still see a 'no' on the list, so I feel I ought ask - does app count as reviewed, Hound? Or is there anything I should work on?
Careful, or I'll put a spell on you!
Old 01-23-2018, 09:30 PM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Rissi is ready for review. Still working on some things with Wightwolf and getting to know each others' characters better, but I'd love any feedback you have. Thanks Hound
Old 01-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 894
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueNA View Post
Bonjour, je veux mon livre!

I love that movie so much, hah hah.

And alright, Hound, thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something somewhere.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2166
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
struggling with fleshing out a singing half orc... debating scrapping the whole idea and instead going with a different setup.... had a strange idea of a halfling cleric who is convinced he's actually a wizard...
Old 01-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
I apologize, but I am now working on going through everything. I will update you shortly.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
As of this moment, this is my current list of applicants:

Player Name Character Name Race Class Completed? Reviewed? Revised?
Togot Kai Knee High Halfling Monk Yes Yes Yes
LittleBlueNA Rissi Ratfolk Witch Yes Yes Yes
Wight Wolf Scrik Ratfolk Oracle Yes Yes Yes
TheGoodDoctor Santos Lizardfolk Bard Yes Yes Yes
Zealot Krykx Burstdance Gnoll Magus Yes Yes Yes
Crocodile Zug Grippli Barbarian Yes Yes Yes
Warson Nix Gnome Brawler Yes Yes No
LeoBryon Reginald "Reggie" Barnsworth Human Unchained Monk Yes Yes Yes
Maghnuis Hrrr'rr Catfolk Sorcerer WIP No No
Nomadic druid Kassa Frass Half-orc Bard WIP No No
Verdant Glitter Adalicia Vivienne Amber Falconess (Tengu) Swashbuckler Yes Yes Yes
JackinIrons Sebastian Bercilak Ratfolk Played as a KnightHunter Yes Yes Yes
DAquilina Chen Ziu Hung Tengu Unchained Rogue Yes Yes Yes
Kaylara Coralia Shallowtide Cleric I did talk to her about this, but I think she is still considering her options.Merfolk? WIP No No

Please review the list to ensure your name and character are correctly listed. If I missed you, I apologize. Please let me know and I will add you ASAP.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16838
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I didn't include memories in my 10 min bg since my text descriptions included a lot of details and I didn't want to make the app too long. If you'd like me to include some I'd be glad to.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:12 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Please do, Leobyron.

@ALL

When it comes time to build your character sheets, I will remind you this again, but I will want you all to spend as much of the 3,000 gold as possible. Any left over gold will be removed from your inventory. You will then receive 5 Gold coins, 10 Silver coins and 20 Copper coins.

There will be no "complete this reward to earn 1,000 gold coins!" Quests because in the world I am envisioning, most people just won't have that kind of money. I will be paying close attention to this guide:

Quote:
Destitute (0 gp/month): The PC is homeless and lives in the wilderness or on the streets. A destitute character must track every purchase, and may need to resort to Survival checks or theft to feed himself.

Poor (3 gp/month): The PC lives in common rooms of taverns, with his parents, or in some other communal situation—this is the lifestyle of most untrained laborers and commoners. He need not track purchases of meals or taxes that cost 1 sp or less.

Average (10 gp/month): The PC lives in his own apartment, small house, or similar location—this is the lifestyle of most trained or skilled experts or warriors. He can secure any nonmagical item worth 1 gp or less from his home in 1d10 minutes, and need not track purchases of common meals or taxes that cost 1 gp or less.

Wealthy (100 gp/month): The PC has a sizable home or a nice suite of rooms in a fine inn. He can secure any nonmagical item worth 5 gp or less from his belongings in his home in 1d10 minutes, and need only track purchases of meals or taxes in excess of 10 gp.

Extravagant (1,000 gp/month): The PC lives in a mansion, castle, or other extravagant home—he might even own the building in question. This is the lifestyle of most aristocrats. He can secure any nonmagical item worth 25 gp or less from his belongings in his home in 1d10 minutes. He need only track purchases of meals or taxes in excess of 100 gp.
For the average person they must spend 10 GP a month to live. That's just over 4 Silver pieces per day. That's just to live. That doesn't include fun money, or when they get sick and need special medicine, or anything else like that.

Most jobs will not offer you too much in Gold pieces, though you will get offered some. Perhaps 2 gold per Goblin for example. You will usually be offered other useful things. Such as a couple cure light potions or an antidote or two. It will vary. To "purchase" big expensive items like a +4 Headband of intelligence will be nearly impossible in the original sense.

Instead crafting will rely heavily on getting specific crafting items. This will make quests all the more important, and your crafting and profession skills all the more important.

Things you may want to consider having: Professions: Herbalist, Skinner, Miner, Butcher.

Survival is an important skill and can be used for most of the gathering professions, but since it is more of a jack of all trades skill, it won't be able to do any of gathering at peak efficiency. Still, you can't completely neglect Survival. It's needed for tracking, camping, and so much more.

If you provided all of the materials needed for the item, you'd pretty much just be paying for the crafter's time, which is fairly reasonable. Of course, someone in the party may take crafting skills if the desire.

More details to come.

(Speak up if you hate this idea. I didn't bring it up before, but I want to add a touch of realism to this. I mean, it makes no sense how in most Pathfinder games when people slay a dragon or a dire tiger and they just leave the corpse on the ground, ignoring anything useful that might be made out of the creature.)
Old 01-25-2018, 12:20 AM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
I like it quite a bit. There's something to be said for not just hand-waving all the little details. I wouldn't want to be meticulous in every game, but I'd enjoy at least one game being this way.

Rissi could definitely do some crafting, the core of her build doesn't really require many feats.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16838
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
How am I supposed to afford new buckets after I smash them over the baddies' faces!

J/K. Gritty survival sounds fun!

Old 01-25-2018, 01:05 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18086
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
How am I supposed to afford new buckets after I smash them over the baddies' faces!

Craft - woodworking or just recruit the local priestess to mend them

Last edited by kaylara; 01-25-2018 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:59 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9221
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylara View Post
Craft - woodworking or just recruit the local priestess to mend them
Or... have the ratfolk knight, son of a witch cast mending.

I've never messed with this kind of stuff, but it sounds fun. The background I'm imagining suggests his profession as a merchant, (and some useless knowledge)... Though would a more hands-on profession be more useful in the context?
Old 01-25-2018, 04:25 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Might need to swap around skills a bit to pick up a useful crafting skill....
Old 01-25-2018, 08:33 AM
Troubled Poet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12748
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
So we're installing Frostfall. Got it.