Old 01-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Ya, you will definitely be more Fighter than Wizard, but dang if you're not going to be the prettiest, most graceful gnoll there ever was. Your AC is actually going to be quite high If I calculated it correctly.
19 Base in a Harakami, 21 against AoOs due to moving I think.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:10 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12248
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Unless I missed something, you'll be allowed to wear Light Armor, which includes chain shirt. Your dex is a +3 and your int is +3 as a dodge bonus. Your natural armor is +2.

10+4+3+3+2= 22
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:11 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Unless I missed something, you'll be allowed to wear Light Armor, which includes chain shirt. Your dex is a +3 and your int is +3 as a dodge bonus. Your natural armor is +2.

10+4+3+3+2= 22
Scarf Dancing cannot be done in any armour sadly. :-(
Old 01-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Where does it say that?

Edit: Found it.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 01-14-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:42 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15503
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Ooh, interesting. I'd totally be down for a gnome wizard, but I'll hopefully already be playing one.

Ideas:
Ratfolk Swashbuckler - Redwall
Elf Barbarian - Dragons and Stuff
Tengu Bard - "♪♪ Who's a pretty bird? Pretty bird? ♪♪"
Grippli Cavalier - A frog on a dog
Catfolk Wizard - The cat in the (pointy) hat
Gnoll Druid(hyena companion) - Dumb and dumber
Lizardfolk Rogue - 7 feet and 250 pounds of sneaky
Halfling/Gnome Brawler - Napoleon complex
Male Dwarf Witch - Please don't cackle, it's creepy when you do it
Old 01-14-2018, 07:08 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Those are all hilarious and could totally work! I hope you find something that you would enjoy for a long game. I run 2 current games that are both more than a year old and going strong, so I am hopeful for this one to be same.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 894
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
For some reason the adventurer and quest categorization reminds me of Knosuba, and that's such a delight. :3

This looks fun! I'm not terribly familiar with nonstandard races in Pathfinder, admittedly, but I do have a falconess swashbuckler I'd love to port over from another game that didn't get off the ground on another site; closest race I see is tengu tho, and those are crows, alas! Any way to work such a birb in to this?
Old 01-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I don't mind you using the Tengu statistics but claiming to be from a different avian tribe. Is that acceptable?
Old 01-14-2018, 07:41 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13104
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
This game has my:

Good luck Hound!
Old 01-14-2018, 07:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 894
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Oo, yeah, that works beautifully! I'll have to post a thing when I get home tonight, hee.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:10 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Kai Knee High
Race: Halfling
Class: Monk
Alignment: Lawful Good
Description: Kai has a very lean and muscular build, a smooth shaved head, and a goatee. He wears humble, loose clothing, and carries a variety of weapons, though he prefers his fists. He has a very stoic face and rigid posture. His knuckles are thick with callouses.

Personality: Kai is a very serious and earnest person who believes in hard work and determination. He helps those in need, and won’t back down from a challenge. For him, everything in life is training, and he often does things the hard way; punching nails into boards, never riding a horse, challenging foes to one on one fights rather than ganging up on them. For Kai, martial arts are a way of life.

Kai takes the Knee High Fist fighting style he developed very seriously, and is easily offended by those who think it a joke or criticize it. He sees it as a practical solution to a very real problem: those too short to punch someone in the jaw need to aim a lot lower.

Background: Halfling monks are a rare sight, but that did not discourage Kai’s master Ro from taking him in and training him when he was orphaned as a boy. The halfling did well among his peers for the first few years, but as he grew up, his fellow disciples grew faster and taller, and Kai found himself struggling to hold his own against them using the traditional fighting methods he had been taught, so he developed his own: The Knee High Fist.

Meant for smaller sized beings to fight against the tall folk, the Knee High Fist focuses on the lower body areas such as the knees, stomach, and most notoriously, between the legs.

Disturbed by this unorthodox and rather brutal technique, Kai was soon expelled from the monastery, but he would not be deterred. The Halfling has made it his mission to perfect his technique, and open his own martial arts school catering to those of short stature but strong heart.

To that effect, Kai has joined an adventuring guild to grow in experience, capital, and reputation. As word of his strength spreads, he hopes to draw in disciples to teach his technique, and with its success, earn the recognition of his former master, that the Knee High Fist is a legitimate fighting style.

Build concept: A straight up monk who likes to fight face to face. Racial traits, fleet footed and low blow. Favored class bonus, hit point every level. Will pump his strength as he levels

Last edited by Togot; 02-04-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
That is an amazing start! Great to see you Togot!
Old 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
thanks, i've played kai before and had a lot of fun with him. in the end he got his throat torn out by a warg he fought alone to allow a sorceress to escape
Old 01-14-2018, 09:02 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
I hope this time he can get his revenge on a warg!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:55 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2739
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Heyo. I'm you're looking for oddball concepts, how would you feel about a goblin tome-eater?

It's mostly in line with flavor. Goblins have a fear of reading, you see, because they feel that it takes the thoughts from your head. But what if one really, reaaaally wanted to become a wizard?

Only, they're doing it wrong. So wrong.

Yet somehow it works.

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 01-14-2018 at 10:56 PM.