twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 11:02 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12248
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
I intend goblins to be smarter and a more credible threat in this game and sadly this character does not fit that area. I am sorry for not saying that before.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:03 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15503
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
I love that idea. I'm picturing the first time he accidentally read the front cover of a book. "Aaiiiiii! NOO! Give me back my thoughts, ickle booksie! RAARRRRGGGHH!" When the book was completely demolished, and swallowed, the goblin burped up a dancing light.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:06 PM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Ready for Review

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Rissi
Race: Ratfolk
Class: Witch - Deception Patron
Archetype: None
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Religion: None

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 01-29-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2739
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
left-aligned image

Santos

Lizardfolk Bard, Empath
14 yr Male, Chaotic Good

This fantastic specimin of swampland origin seems to have been fully domesticated and civilized into metropolitian life, judging by the looks of its mottling and attire. Gone is the savage hissing and the hunched over stance of hostility, replaced by the elegant poise, the high chin, and the regal walk of distinction. Well made leathers and finery adorn his body, and an elaborate hat of haute coutre design shows he has developed exquisite tastes within fashion. Giving his proud airs and his expensive jewelry, you can bet this lizard has made his way up in this world.

PersonalityFor a cold blooded creature, Santos is rather hot blooded in temperament. Having been raised in civilized society with love and admiration, he has learned to embrace the nuances of very human emotions and passion for life. This, coupled with his artistic bent and still deeply primal nature, often causes him to over-react to situations in overwhelming displays of fervor. This has labeled him as possibly the worlds first reptilian diva.

Pride and charm go hand in hand with this one, and he has learned the fine art of manipulation as he grew to understand human nature. This gives him a silver forked tongue and the ability to project a competence that may or may not be warranted. But contrary to what it seems, these deceptive games are used to only meet altruistic ends. There is an inherent good in him, and he has been given a constructed morality code that keeps him on a righteous path that he defers to whenever his lizard-brain doesn't truly understand the nuance of virtue. But a true primal love and respect for those that raised him is enough to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 01-16-2018 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot

Krykx Burstdance

"Krykx dances, Krykx spins and Krykx kills"
- Krykx's scarf on Krykx.

Name: Krykx Burstdance
Race: Gnoll
Class: Bladebound, Hexcrafting, Bladed Scarf Spelldancer Magus 3
Traits: You may use your Intelligence modifier when making Use Magic Device checks instead of your Charisma modifier.Pragmatic Activator, You receive a +1 trait bonus on concentration checks to cast defensively and a +1 trait bonus to AC against attacks provoked by or readied against spellcasting.Battlefield Caster

Appearance:

Backstory:

RP Sample

Last edited by Zealot; 02-05-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:26 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 894
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Another question arises!

Should any of the character information - Like, say, the secrets - be secret-tagged so only you can read them, Hound?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:03 AM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2166
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
Posting interest as this concept looks hilarious ...someone already posted a halfling monk, and a dancing Gnoll?!?

Time to toss a hat into the ring with something bizarre I suppose. Thinking Dwarven bard or a Ratfolk Druid (animal companion "large cat"...get it?)
Old 01-15-2018, 06:12 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic druid View Post
Posting interest as this concept looks hilarious ...someone already posted a halfling monk, and a dancing Gnoll?!?

Time to toss a hat into the ring with something bizarre I suppose. Thinking Dwarven bard or a Ratfolk Druid (animal companion "large cat"...get it?)
Dont forget she has a talking scarf and cannot talk Common herself yet.

The Gnoll that is.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sheet is done and linked from her picture.

She is not the most powerful......but fun!
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
Another question arises!

Should any of the character information - Like, say, the secrets - be secret-tagged so only you can read them, Hound?
You are welcome to secret information you want kept secret from the other players, but I still need to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic druid View Post

Good to see you ND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Dont forget she has a talking scarf and cannot talk Common herself yet.

The Gnoll that is.
I assumed with the bonus +2 skill points per level and starting at level 3, people would at least spend 1 point in linguistics to get common. Oh well. Never know who or what is going to show up to Dog River.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 01-15-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
You are welcome to secret information you want kept secret from the other players, but I still need to see it.

Good to see you ND!

I assumed with the bonus +2 skill points per level and starting at level 3, people would at least spend 1 point in linguistics to get common. Oh well. Never know who or what is going to show up to Dog River.
She can still communicate through the Blackblade, which speaks common and is currently subservient to her will. Just with something of a pause. I plan on taking Common on next level up to reflect her finally growing suspicious that the Blackblade might be trying to control her.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2617
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Zug

Race: Grippli

Class: Barbarian

Archetype: Titan Mauler

Description: Zug's scar riddled flesh tells the tale of many battles. Won? Lost? One cannot be sure, but he has survived them all, and the manic gleam in his yellow eyes tells the world that he is looking for more. Standing at a height of two feet and three inches and with skin made of a hue of yellow, blue, orange and green, the wild eyed grippli's marred limbs bring to mind a collection of small gnarled and ancient tree roots, their forms twisted, powerful and solid. With a smooth, flattened head and a wide, lipless mouth, Zug's expression can more often than not be found to be that of barely contained excitement, with the diminutive figure accompanying the visage with his twitchy movements and slight smile, an excitement for whatever the world can throw at him next.

Zug dresses in simple leathers which also incorporate the remains of beasts he has slain at some point or another. Any trophies are displayed proudly on his person, though they do not seem as if they would be able to offer much in the way of defense.

Backstory:

Last edited by Crocodile; 01-29-2018 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1775
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
Application

Nix
Race: Gnome
Class: Brawler
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Last edited by Warson; 01-27-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Updated background.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:09 PM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
What's the expected posting rate?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:51 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Posting rate should be 2 to 3 per week, ideally.

I feed off the energy of my players, so if they are responding quickly with quality posts, then I tend to respond back at the same rate with the same quality. You can ask any of my current players, there are days where me and 3 of my players get in a grove and the four of us will post as much as 5 times each in a 48 hours.

If players are slow to post (and hey, holidays, work life, school exams, etc all happen and we all understand some weeks are slower than others) then I can sometimes a little lazy, but I've personally, as GM, never go more than 7 days without posting something to keep the plot moving.

TL;DR

Posting rate should be between 2 and 3 a week.