RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15317
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Hmm I was considering an application to this but the posting rate may prove too much for me.

Edit: If this is meant to be a more lighthearted campaign I may be able to get away with shorter posts than I am usually known for. I shall ponder the issue and see what I can come up with.

Last edited by LeoByron; 01-15-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11687
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
I say between 2 and 3 because this includes combat posting and we don't want 3 rounds to take 1 month.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15317
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Withdrawn

Last edited by LeoByron; 01-28-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Flightless Fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12242
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Edit: If this is meant to be a more lighthearted campaign I may be able to get away with shorter posts than I am usually known for.
2/3 of your posts in Sass' RotR were under 1k words, you can do it!
Old 01-15-2018, 04:30 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
Just to be clear, the idea of putting the hard cap of a 16 attribute was not to create weak characters. The opposite in fact! It was designed so that a Halfling, Human, Dwarf, or Lizardfolk would all be equally strong as a Barbarian, Wizard, or Bard, because they all have a hard cap of 16 in their primary attribute. It was to prevent one Wizard having a 20 int and the other struggling to have a 16, and obviously being inferior just because of its race.

You should still be capable at what you do, but because most classes will have 3 16's any class can be effective. You're not forced to pic a SAD class over a MAD class because of the limited point buy.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 01-15-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Flightless Fish

Tools
User Statistics
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
There's no listed FCB for Gnolls, but the druid has an option to add 1/? to natural armor for both Elf and Half-orc, I feel like that would be a good fit for Gnoll since they have natural armor. If you don't like that I can just take HP but I thought I'd ask.

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 01-15-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
I approve this:

Gnoll: Add +1/3 to the druid’s natural armor bonus when using wild shape.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:29 PM
Tug of Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1642
Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18
If I can come up with more than an Elf Barbarian who thinks he is a dwarf, then I might attempt an application. Still thinking on it though.

I do love the gnoll/lizardfolk concepts. I could easily see a Hank McCoy style character in that line of thinking.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:32 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
I approve this:

Gnoll: Add +1/3 to the druidís natural armor bonus when using wild shape.
Can I have one for Magus?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Framm18 View Post
If I can come up with more than an Elf Barbarian who thinks he is a dwarf, then I might attempt an application. Still thinking on it though.

I do love the gnoll/lizardfolk concepts. I could easily see a Hank McCoy style character in that line of thinking.
Orc Barbarian, Superstitious Hurler who is convinced he is a wizard and invents memories (of him casting spells) to cover for his black outs when he is raging.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:40 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Can I have one for Magus?
Before everyone asks for every combo version of FCB for all the odd races I allowed, I will create FCB options for all selected players after selection.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7723
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
"Orc Barbarian, Superstitious Hurler who is convinced he is a wizard and invents memories (of him casting spells) to cover for his black outs when he is raging."

Delusional and significantly nonfunctional sorts seem unlikely to be invited into a regular adventuring party.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Flightless Fish

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Orc Barbarian, Superstitious Hurler who is convinced he is a wizard and invents memories (of him casting spells) to cover for his black outs when he is raging.
I really love this idea.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:17 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
"Orc Barbarian, Superstitious Hurler who is convinced he is a wizard and invents memories (of him casting spells) to cover for his black outs when he is raging."

Delusional and significantly nonfunctional sorts seem unlikely to be invited into a regular adventuring party.

I am inclined to agree, the character can be funny but should at least be easy to work worth otherwise they wouldn't exactly have an easy time finding allies. That said, with the proper execution, this could work.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7723
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Catfolk Sorcerer
left-aligned image
Hrrr'rr, is one of the most imposing members of the adventuring group, yet, inside he is a real pussycat.
Only his lack of armor might indicate he is not a martial combatant. Still, his magic is more dangerous than his claws or even his sword.

Race: Catfolk (Tigra)
Class: Sorcerer
Archetype: TBD
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Description: TBD
Religion: TBD
Starting Level: 3
Skills: TBD
Feats: TBD
Hit Points: TBD
Wealth: 3,000 gp
Other Items: TBD
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile…whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum…more elements are encouraged!

Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.

Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that center around your character. I will also be creating a third secret which you as a player will not be aware of, so expect some surprises!

Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don’t have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor..

Last edited by Maghnuis; 02-01-2018 at 12:42 AM.