twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 08:28 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12248
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
The Opening post has been updated with a chart of all current character applications.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:41 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2166
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
Application
Name: Kassa Frass
Race: half-orc (toying with some alternate features still)
Class:
Description: Kassa stands unusually tall for an Orc with finely groomed dark hair slicked back and an almost pleasant aroma of having recently bathed. Despite his towering, wide shouldered build and loud, assertive voice, Kassa is a bit of a gentle hearted fool. Scars cover his arms from swollen knuckles, up forearms, and disappearing under recently laundered shirt sleeves, were gathered more often than not from breaking up the fights of others. The contrast of a savage brute's face matched with a humble selfless spirit defined Kassa in many ways. Few would doubt his humble personality were their only encounters were of him as peacemaker and drinking partner. True, he was certainly more self aware than others of his kin, this was by no means accidental. His lazy laughs and sharp eye spoke of experience belying his soft exterior.

Making his living in the past few years as a traveling muscle for hire, he still managed to practice his intimidating glare along side swordplay. Taking his role as protection seriously, at least as seriously as he could under most circumstances, he would spend a period of time just before dawn practicing with his blades.

potentially looking to party this guy up with the dancing gnoll! Good news is I will be able to speak lots of languages.

Last edited by Nomadic druid; 02-05-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:42 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16838
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Are Unchained versions of classes allowed or only the core versions?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2739
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Finito. One fresh order of Lizard Bard.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:08 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Are Unchained versions of classes allowed or only the core versions?
Unchained is allowed. I will add that to clarify. I apologize to all, and assume all Monks, Rogues, Barbarians are wanting Unchained as Unchained is best. (Unless you need an archetype exclusive to the original.)
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 01-16-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:12 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
yay!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:26 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2617
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Zug should be good to go now.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:18 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
I think I am complete and ready for review.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
A. TheGoodDoctor, Crocodile, and Zealot have been updated to completed. I will review you shortly.

B. I am willing to work with making normal archetypes workable with unchained if it seems doable. Not all archetypes are doable.

As per request, here is Unchained Hungry Ghost:

Punishing Kick (Ex) is gained in place of stunning fist.

At 6th Level, instead of gaining a Ki Power you will gain Steal Ki (Ex).

At 8th Level, instead of gaining a Ki Power you will gain Life Funnel (Su).

At 12th Level, instead of gaining a Ki Power you will gain Life from a Stone (Su).

At 14th Level, instead of gaining a Ki Power you will gain Sipping Demon (Su).

Last edited by Hound; 01-16-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16838
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
A few more questions:

1) You suggested some traits to me so I assume we can have Traits. How many can we start with and can we take a Drawback to have more?

2) I am wondering if I could use long objects (like a lamp post or a long shovel) as an improvised reach weapon or if all improvised weapons will be non-reach regardless of length and size? I haven't been able to find any info on this.

3) Will we be using Hero Points at all?

4a) Can I use Punishing Kick as part of a Full Attack? It merely requires that you declare you are using it before making an attack roll and does not mention a standard action or anything like that. Stunning Fist is worded very similarly and unless I am mistaken you can use that as part of a Full Attack.

4b) Nowhere in the Punishing Kick description does it state I actually have to kick to use this Feat. Can I use it with a weapon that I am using?
Old 01-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
1. I will edit the front page, but I am going with standard 2 Default Traits. Maximum 1 Drawback to gain 1 additional Trait. Players may take additional traits feat. Players may not have 2 or more traits from the same category.

2. Most shovels would be around 4 to 5 feet in length. Any longer and the shovel would risk snapping when leverage is applied. You could purchase a masterwork shovel and pay a few extra gold to have the material changed from wood to a metal. Doing so would allow you to have an unusually long shovel, but at a certain point, you're basically swinging around a spear with a blunt or slashing end rather than a piercing end. The lantern hangers, or oil lamp lighters could work as an improvised weapon but they would probably have the fragile quality.

3. Currently no.

4 a. Punishing Kick, Stunning fist, and other attacks like this are all specifically allowed as per standard rules to be used during a flurry, full attack, or otherwise. The only condition is that the attack must be declared BEFORE the roll and if missed, the attempt is wasted. You may only use one use of things like stunning fist per round, but you could use as many different times as you like. You may have one stunning fist and one punishing kick in a single round for example.

B. You must use an unarmed strike to land this. As I mentioned before, you will need the Ascetic Style feat chain which will allow you to use Punishing kick or stunning fist through the weapon. You can also purchase a magical enchant on your weapons called "conductive" but that uses 2 uses of the ability, so it is generally better to go with the style feat chain, especially since it will increase the damage dice of your improvised items.

~~~

Reviews were sent via PM to the 3 completed apps thus far.

Last edited by Hound; 01-16-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:16 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2617
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Made some adjustments to Zug's background.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Troubled Poet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12748
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Posting interest! App to come before the deadline, though I'm not sure how much before.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:29 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
I consider my app complete unless you want more
Old 01-17-2018, 12:35 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togot View Post
I consider my app complete unless you want more
10 minute background?