RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 01:40 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15317
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I skipped the 10 minute background format for now. I'll get to it later. I included a lot of details in my text description and background and they sorta double as a RP sample. I like to mix it up a bit. I will definitely bang out the 10 minute BG asap. This nubtard follows instructions. (Usually. Maybe. Sometimes?)

The whole thing is running kinda long... I can't seem to stem the literary diarrhea sometimes. I'll see about chopping it down to size a bit. It's under 1k words but I have more bits to add about my collab with Blue so... yeah.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:19 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7008
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Posting interest. Working on a Ratfolk... knight of some sort.
Edit: That should be good. There's still time, so more edits might come, but there we go.

In Rides the Noble Knight and his Valiant Steed...
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
--==================================================--
Name: Sebastian Bercilak | Race: Ratfolk | Age: 16 | Gender: Male
Class: HunterKnight-Errant | Deity: Sarenrae | Alignment: Neutral Good
Traits/Drawback: Benefit: When you wear armor of any sort, reduce the armor check penalty by 1, to a minimum penalty of 0.Armor Master, Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on attack of opportunity attack rolls made with daggers, swords, and similar bladed weapons.
Fencer, Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff and Sense Motive checks. One of these skills (Bluff) is always a class skill for you.Under Siege and Effect: When someone threatens, accuses, or challenges you, you take a –2 penalty on Diplomacy checks and Sense Motive checks involving that creature until the creature apologizes to you.Pride
--==================================================--

Physical Description: Sebastian Bercilak and his loyal steed Stoutheart, despite the knight's dearest wishes, is often described using one of two words - cute or creepy. Sebastian is a sleek example of his kind, standing a pedestrian three feet and eight inches and boasting a lean musculature that weighs in at seventy-one pounds. His soft fur, which is kept immaculately clean and soft, is tawny and his underbelly is a snowy white. His long and sleek visage, though rat-like, shows a lot of kindness and personality, from his gleaming black eyes to his expressive round ears. His nose is pink, his teeth yellow and his whiskers span nearly a foot out to either side. Though some might see it as counter to his appearance (ratfolk knights a a rarity, at the very least), his attire does closely match a true knight's regalia. He wears a fine blue linen tunic and brown woolen trousers. His hands and feet are covered by stylish gloves and boots as well. He bears a fine steel breastplate, which is covered by a sigil-less green tabard. And at his hip.he bears a long, curved blade and a small dagger.

Stoutheart is a very fine example of a The stats and such are on the Paizo website, in the Monster Codex ratfolk entry.riding rat, and though he'd be normal in ratfolk dominated warrens, folks in less accepting towns have been known to look at the steed warily. Though most riding rats are closer to appearance to dire rats, Stoutheart's bloodline seems to be closer to that of normal rats... just quite a bit larger. On all fours, Stoutheart is almost three feet tall at his withers and is almost five feet long, without counting his tail. His build is sturdy and muscular and he weighs close to two hundred pounds. His fur is clean and lustrous and much lighter than many of his kind, tan and white instead of the usual black and brown. Over the smooth fur, he bears quilted leather barding and a fine military-styled saddle, fit with saddlebags and some essential items. Together, Sebastian and Stoutheart make quite a pair, but there are quite a few people who would not call them knightly.

Personality: Sebastian always does his best to be true to his ideals and his goals, which is always to be a heroic knight. By nature, he is a sweet and kind person, who genuinely cares for other people. So, to be a gentleman is something that usually comes naturally to him. But it does sometimes present itself in strange and unpredictable ways. As if he was imitating how he thought courtly and knightly behavior should be, which steadily became habitual. He is obsessed with heroic tales and the knights he had read about in childhood, so much that he decided to become one. Despite his kindness, he has a deep pride to him, and he can be irritable and standoffish when he feels slighted - and in the worst of cases, such things can drive him into periods of deep depression. Even those who react well to him (and keep their doubts about his knightly virtues to themselves), are sometimes annoyed by his manner of speech. Paired with a rasping squeak of a voice, he speaks in an antiquated manner, as if her were reciting all of his thoughts from an old book of tales.

Last edited by JackinIrons; 01-30-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:22 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Jaaaaack! Welcome! It would be awesome to be players in a game together! If I get in that is! I look forward to seeing your Ratty creation!
Old 01-17-2018, 05:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 778
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Adalicia
left-aligned image

Name: Adalicia Vivienne Amber
Race: Falconess (Tengu derivative)
Class: Swashbuckler
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description: The easiest way to describe the avian is in a singular word - Vivacious. Her vestments are vibrant, exquisitely tailored, and, frankly, lean toward the gaudy in their design - More plumage is bared than most in higher society would generally approve of outside of closed doors or in the presence of their wives (or husbands, as the case may be), she has no problem with clingy leather, and it's a rare time that a plumed hat (feathers not her own) isn't jauntily perched atop her head. Unending confidence and the sharp click of boot heels (specially designed for her taloned feet) marks her swagger, and there is always a lively spark in the violet-painted hooded eyes and a wry smile quirked at the edges of her curved beak. She laughs thick, rich, and easy, speaks in boisterous and accented tones, and is quick to flirt with anything that catches her eye. Despite the bold appearance and brash personality, she nonetheless does have a good heart, and will gladly back up a good friend on any venture.

Last edited by Verdant Glitter; 01-29-2018 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:35 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 778
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
A few days later than I intended but hooray, finished application! ****

Please do let me know if anything needs work or tweaking or clarification or just doesn't work at all. :3
Old 01-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11687
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Updated the applicants table.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:55 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Mechanical changes made and that includes being able to speak comon.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Added the ten minute background

Last edited by Togot; 01-17-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2392
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
That's half the time required.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
I am not telling anyone to make a character sheet at this moment, but I do want you all to think about your background skills. You received 2 additional skill points per level, 6 in total, that can be applied to a limited amount of skills.

The skills that they can be applied to are often the "forgotten" skills and can add a lot of flavour to your background.

Are you a fighter who enjoys the fine art of wood working? Are you a druid who likes to paint landscapes using all natural pigments? Perhaps you are a wizard who uses his fine writing skills to be a "scribe" in your free time. This is an important thing to consider when creating a well rounded character who is more than just "Stabby stabby, boom boom, dead."
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 01-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1958
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Just to be clear, I would mark the cooking skill as Profession (Cook) and then use Craft (Jewelry) to be able to make trinkets, correct? I want Zug to be able to make commemorative knickknacks for everybody to celebrate a job well done. Like bone necklaces.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
That is correct!
Old 01-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Autobot since 1987

Tools
User Statistics
Town Map now available
Old 01-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Flightless Fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12242
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
I've got a Ratfolk Witch I made last year but only got to play a couple posts before the DM disappeared, is that an unusual enough combo for you? I'm totally in love with her and have wanted to bring her back into a new game.

I like my kobold druid concept, but I'm having a hard time translating that into a character I like.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
I'm a Shovel and Katana wielding human monk. Hopefully unusual enough.