twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12561
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
I never said it had to be unusual. Witch rats aren't super uncommon but still very fun.

'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.'
Old 01-18-2018, 07:41 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17367
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Cool, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't running with something that had no chance
Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18091
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
My shovel guy prolly won't make it but he was fun to make. Maybe if I stuck to buckets and dropped the katana...
Old 01-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Always have confidence in yourself! If you're not confident in your application, how can you expect others to be? Take pride in your hard work!

Old 01-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I'm just playin'. By "not make it" I am more referring to his survivability while poking fun at all the competition to get in. Beware of flying buckets! Wataaa!
Old 01-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13048
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
I'm rolling up a drider, but I'm still trying to figure out the specifics of the class/archetypes -- really want to milk that "unsettling nature"
Old 01-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
driders are allowed?
Old 01-19-2018, 11:58 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
o.o I'm confused too. When did driders get allowed? lol DAquilina, I think you are confused. I am not using those custom races I designed to set everything at 15 RP. I'm using standard book core races and a few select bonus races (cause I like beastmen races).

I found when I offered people my custom races it tended to make most people "iffy" and shy away.

Last edited by Hound; 01-19-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
OH. Well then. Starting from scratch, I guess
Old 01-19-2018, 12:27 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry for the confusion, my old friend. This is game is intended to be "back to basics" aka, Goblins are bad and plentiful (though I will have them more cunning than normal pazio goblins), Hobgobolins or Drow lurk in the shadows... and then there is cultists. It never ends with cultists. Always trying to do the craziest things.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:35 PM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
How does the stat cap thing work for races with no penalty scores (e.g. half orc, human)?
Old 01-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
16,16,14,12,10,10 is the array, still no stats over 16 with racial bonuses.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:05 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18611
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Ok... you want fun... would you allow this?....

Application

Coralia Shallowtide
Neutral
Merfolk
Domains: Healing and ReposeCleric (Priestess of Goddess of Life and DeathPharasma)

The (Negative Channeler)Divinely Gifted, Sometimes Cold Fish Lady who seems a bit Mythic Path: Guardian (if were going Mythic later of course...)protective!

Step One Backstory & Concept
  • Cora looks to be in her early 20's with long black hair that flows down her back all the way to her buttocks. Her face is soft and skin pure if not a bit pale looking. Cora's light blue eyes show strong will and determination and seem to radiate nature's beauty from the way they sparkle in the light.
  • Standing at an average stature of about six foot. Cora's beauty not only stands out from her hair and eyes, but also her lithe hourglass figure that ends in a beautiful frill of her tail. Her body tone is nice and firm as she shows some signs of muscle but the muscle tones are mostly hidden by her soft skins beauty. She also bears a strange birthmark of a Faith Trait: Birthmark - (symbol of Pharasma)spiraling comet around her right bicep. Overall, one could estimate her weighing around one hundred and fifty pounds without gear.
    To accent her natural looks, Cora wears her mother's necklace with a beautiful white almost transparent shirt that is light and designed for swimming. Often accompanied with a matching Dagger and Crossbow at her side.
  • Deep down, Cora is an adventurer yearning to explore area's where her kind do not usually travel, and for good reason, it's hard to move on land when you have a tail. But despite her shortcomings, she intends to surpass the challenges this may bring by Alternate Race Trait: Grants usage of Fins to Feet 1/d (after a few levels and the right feat, this should last an entire travel time) she also uses a Magic Trait: Two-World Magic to perform tricks.using her innate gifts from Pharasma along with There's several other things to get over the tail problem, a mount for instance when traveling or other spells/items granting flight, transmutation or increased movement etcother possibilities.
  • At the cusp of adulthood, To show her obedience and faith to Pharasma, she Depicted in her character picture (above)collected some bones and laid them in a spiral. At one end of the spiral she placed a slip of parchment with the written name of ?Maratha? who was a baby newly born. At the other end of the spiral, she placed a slip of parchment with the written name of ?Johnny? who was recently deceased. Once the ritual was in place, she chanted hymns from the bones laid in a spiral while proceeding solemnly around the spiral, trailing a black scarf behind her as she swam. To her, this was her way of learning and A way to represent each of Pharasma?s Domains - Death, Healing, Knowledge, Repose, Watersymbolizing Life, Death, Rebirth/transition and love of the waters.
  • It has been several months, the sea is full of life and death, but so are things on land, especially with the latest crusades. These were simplest teachings of Pharasma that everyone should know. It was during these months she had a feeling, a via recent dreams and sometimes nightmaresdivine call from Pharasma, where she found herself swimming towards the city to find the nature of her visions.
    A few weeks have gone by since then and Cara has managed to make a few new friends and perhaps enemies in this city.

Step Two - Goals
  • To find meaning of her dreams and spread knowledge of Pharasma along the way.
  • To explore and cleanse the World, laying to rest any undead she finds. Then provide a blessing to all those she comes across who had fallen in the wars, for she sees the World as a massive graveyard.
  • I'd love to watch Cora become a successful priestess and overcome the fact that she is a Merfolk. (How many heroic Mermaids are there! Let's be the first!) Just to watch her spread the will of Pharasma while for filling her own desires of exploration will be fun.

Step Three - Secrets
  • Secrets Kept Secret for Secrecy!

Step Four - Contacts
  • (friend) Lydia Waverider (Merfolk) - Her best friend when growing up. However, as Cara yearned for adventure and headed inland, Lydia tried to talk sense into her and failed miserably. Being unable to change Cara's mind, she then promised to visit Cara from time to time as they both shared the gift of being able to walk on land for a short amount of time. They would meet monthly at their favorite spot just outside the southern part at the waters edge.
  • (Friend) William Calendra (Human) - A well known fisherman who is often found on the west side of Kenabres near the docks and his ship. William met Cara one day out at sea when a bad storm hit. She happened to be swimming by and offered to guide him in when the lighthouse was out. In return, he offered his protection and friendship if she was ever to leave the ocean. Little did he know, she intended to visit the city and they ended up spending a few weeks together as she gathered information about the city, area and tried to piece together the messages her dreams meant. It was William who warned her of Erik as he over heard the pirate boasting about it at the local tavern.
  • (Hostile) Erik McDugal (Human) - Erik is a cruel crazed greed driven pirate who is hunting Cara because she is a merfolk. He believes that members of her race know of the existence of a lost empire and seeks to extract the knowledge from her by any means necessary. Cara was fortunate enough to hear of this rumor and has taken precautions to avoid this person. It wasn't the first time a pirate has sought out her kind. Some would hunt them for revenge, others for knowledge of lost riches... the list goes on and on.

Step Five - Quirks & Memories
  • Perhaps it was due to the vast open oceans, but Cara has developed a heart of an explorer. Sometimes curiosity gets the best of her, for better or worse. Due to her constant traveling on land, not only is she accustomed to traveling weeks away from the water, but she has also toughened up her fin a bit to allow her to Alternate Race Trait: Strong Tail - making her base movement 15 instead of 5move better on land.
  • One of Cara's Motto's is, "The blessings of Pharasma can serve as a key to everything. Life is to be relished and death a final transition. May impossible dreams be pursued for the sheer wonder of the possibility of their completion. May the memories of those passed, pass on to ones born anew, enriching life itself."
  • Despite her love of life. Cora is one curious fish some would say as she enjoys traveling to land after living so long in the Alternate Race Trait: Darkvisiondeepest darkest and coldest parts of the oceans. To her there is a whole new world out there that she can reach simply by swimming to it and exiting the waters. She always feels at home in the water, but something else calls to her.
  • Recently Cora has been plagued by dreams where some have turned into nightmares as they tend to drift into scenes of death, demons, undead and other unsavory actions. However they all seem to be pulling her to the city and the reminiscence of the crusades.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:12 AM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17367
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
I brought Rissi over. She's going to need to be reworked a little, a key aspect will be the need to have someone in the group that she connected with early, either that or share an entire backstory.

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 01-20-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:28 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10908
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
I've got a ratfolk knight incoming. If you want a shared background, it wouldn't be too hard.