twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12561
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
You could be a full cleric, warpriest, paladin, or oracle and be our holy man. We don't have one of those yet.

'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.'
Old 01-20-2018, 10:11 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17367
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
You could be a full cleric, warpriest, paladin, or oracle and be our holy man. We don't have one of those yet.
I think I have a solution to that
Old 01-20-2018, 11:11 PM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13048
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Fun idea I was toying with was a living grimoire inquisitor (possibly with bladebound magus tossed in there). What better way to drive home the holy word than by smacking people with it?

Also, the new guy I'm building is a Tengu unchained rogue (acrobat and dark lurker archetypes). Should be 100% within the rules, though there will still be a bit of an eastern twist on him. App coming soon.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:35 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10908
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Alright, Finished the App. I could add a bit more, in terms of a proper background and a RP sample, but it's fairly complete. Ready for a review, when you get to it.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:50 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18091
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Alright. I banged something out. I may like the result slightly more than the eastern flavour so I guess all things happen for a reason.

Application is finished.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Okay, one more (perhaps pedantic question). The unchained rogue (and I guess swashbuckler) gets weapon finesse as a bonus feat. I know that finesse training grants other benefits, but that particular benefit is negated from the feat tax houserule. Do we replace it with something (e.g. a different feat with no prereqs) or do we just shrug it off as a loss?
Old 01-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
I would offer you Martial Focus Light Weapons instead of Weapon Finesse then for that, but we'll get into finer detail about builds when characters are selected as Character sheets are not required for selection.

Updating App table now.

Edit: I have 11 wonderful applications thus far. Thank you to everyone applying! They are all really fun to read.

Last edited by Hound; 01-21-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
Hawke Swiftwind

Hawke Swiftwind
Prince of the Eyrie
"Everything is connected. If you don't slow down every once in awhile, you're bound to miss it."

Sex: Male Class: Acrobat and Dark Lurker ArchetypesUnchained Rogue Age: 16 Height: 4'5" Weight: 95lb
AppearanceHawke is a fierce-looking creature, with his feathers slicked back to be both aerodynamic and highly intimidating to his foes. The plumage is mostly white with streaks of light grey, excepting the crimson flare at the back of his head and around his neck, standing in stark contrast to his piercing, winter-blue eyes. They stand, in a way, as a metaphor. The white represents his bearing: calm, graceful, at one with the air around him and the energy that flows through it. The red is his ferocity: when there is no more room for a peaceful solution, justice is dealt with deadly efficiency and a lack of remorse.

He is a creature of balance, mirroring the world which he studies and coexists with in an endless pursuit of harmony.
A Noble PursuitNOTE: I had an RP version of this typed out (mostly) but I lost it due to network issues.

Hawke Swiftwind is next in the line of succession for the Swiftwind Clan, but the endless life of training and meditation was a boring one, and he always felt like there was something more out there. One day, while sharing these concerns with his trainer, he was given advice that he was not expecting...

"You have an itch for adventure, boy. You won't find what you're looking for here in the eyrie. You need to get out there, in the world. Scratch if before it gets too big to manage. When you've found what you're looking for, come back. Show us what you learned and make us better. That's what a leader does."

Shocked, he couldn't help but agree, and so he was sent away to the distant town of Dog River where his father's childhood friend had become a mithril-level adventure over years of questing and combat. He'd been given the tools: trained in martial arts and weapon combat from a young age; taught the prayers of Irori to recite during meditation so that he could sharpen his mind. Now it was time to put them to use in the wide open world and show the true strength of the tengu.
Other InformationAdditional Concepts
  • Hawke enjoys tea. He finds it calming.
  • He believes that the most noble pursuit is self betterment, regardless of the form that takes.
  • He keeps his claws sharp -- this both helps him fight and allows him to handle precision tasks like disarming traps
  • Blackwing taught him the basics of fletching, and he took it upon himself to get better.

Goals
  • Though he found the repetition to be dry, he relished his training and constantly strives to become a better version of himself. To master the world, one must first master themselves, and he knows that to truly lead his people when the time comes he must be ready for anything.
  • In his travels he hopes to find a mate that will one day become his queen. The clan is small, and diversifying the bloodline will make it stronger.
    • Note: He was never taught anything about flirting.
  • He has only recently started making arrows under the tutelage of Blackwing. Over time he hopes to improve his skills in both fletching and archery so that he may better serve his clan when he returns.

Secrets
  • Hawke is quite good at keeping a level head, but there are a few things that never fail to disrupt that calm. He loves hard-boiled eggs (preferably fermented) and gets giddy when he thinks about having them, and he hates snakes. He'll sometimes have a recurring nightmare about being chased by a gorgon.
  • He is, unbeknownst to him, not an only child. Blackwing left the clan to secret the child away, and is one of the only souls alive to know the emperor's secret.

Relations
  • Aero - his teacher (friendly)
  • Blackwing - father's childhood friend, mithril-level adventurer in Dog River (friendly)
  • Pongo Talliwack - a local grippli snake charmer, who is a friendly fellow that has no idea how much Hawke hates him (friendly/hostile)
  • The Mistral Alliance - an iron-rank party that almost exclusively takes subjugate missions, quick to violence and rowdy while around town. They've had some run-ins with Hawke in the past, and he resents their "every problem is a nail" approach to questing. They think he avoids combat because he's weak, and do not respect him. (hostile)
  • ???? - someone from back home secretly hopes he doesn't come back, and is working behind the scenes to make it happen (hostile)
Other Characters
  • Kai Knee Hai - Hawke would appreciate his dedication to training and martial arts, but would think that he needs to dial it back a bit. Total devotion to a single discipline prevents you from learning.
  • Rissi - Her inconsistency would not sit well with Hawke. They would have good conversations and he'd want to learn from her, but whenever she changed based on the situation he would become frustrated.
  • Scrik - Scrik's jaunty spirit would likely be a bit exasperating for Hawke over time (though not to the point of resentment), but in short bursts they would get along quite well.
  • Santos - They would clash a lot. Hawke doesn't do well with "unhinged."
  • Krykx - Hawke would find her fascinating, but more in an "observe from afar" sort of way. They would have a strong professional relationship.
  • Zug - Hawke would be frustrated by Zug's lack of restraint and propensity for violence.
  • Nix - Hawke would prefer him on his moody days, if only because that would slow him down a bit. His wishy-washy nature would rub Hawke the wrong way.
  • Reggie - They would butt heads a lot. Hawke believes that people in disagreement should be able to talk through their differences, which clashes strongly with Reggie's beliefs
  • Kassa - Hawke and Kassa would get along well. Nothing special.
  • Adalicia - Hawke would not like her at all. Though he is looking for a mate, Adalicia's qualities all stand in stark contrast to what he believes is the noble purpose of the tengu.
  • Sebastian - Though Hawke would think he could stand to be a bit more humble, the two would likely have a great respect for one another and would make a great team.
  • Coralia - Hawke thoroughly appreciate's her message of balance in all things, and would likely feel very protective of her. He would also respect her goals of trying to overcome the limitations of her nature (i.e. merfolk on land)
  • Katrak - Hawke has a deep respect for Katrak and how he seeks to overcome the scars of his past. The two have shared ideals.
  • Vreilund - Vreilund and Hawke would butt heads a little. Hawke respects his thirst for knowledge, but doesn't agree with his back-seat approach, which he sees as shirking his responsibilities to serve the people.

Last edited by DAquilina; 02-07-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
For those who are hanging around, unsure what cool characters they could make, here are some ideas. (okay these are ideas I wish I could make if I has a player, but I'm a GM so oh well )

Dwarf Bard: A normally impossible to enjoy combo that to me sounds so fun. Drinking? Singing? Kicking butt? Sing me up!

Halfing Paladin: Despite having a +2 to charisma, due to their size and lack of strength bonus they rarely get to be front liners. But this tiny terror could easily bring justice to all the kneecaps of the world!

Elf Druid/Ranger/Hunter: Due to Elves typically being limited to intelligence classes, and the fact that their con is on the low side, people rarely get to role play about Elves and lore-wise strong connection to nature.

Gnome Wizard: Self expeditionary, they're just awesome.

Last edited by Hound; 01-21-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 580
Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf
Complete!

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Scrik
Race: Ratfolk
Class: Oracle
Archetype: None
Height: 3 ft 11 in
Weight: 73lbs
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Religion: The Green Faith

Last edited by Wightwolf; 02-07-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:47 AM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
@Hound: I think my app is ready for preliminary review.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:38 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 995
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Several ratfolk!

Mm. Potential dinner. :3c
Old 01-22-2018, 01:48 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18611
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Theres birds and frogs, but no fish? Cora is a full cleric
Old 01-22-2018, 06:37 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7773
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Several forms of prey...
Old 01-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 995
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
With all these prey-species, just means that food will be less of an issue on long journeys. I kid, I kid. <3

I don't think I missed anything, but I still see a 'no' on the list, so I feel I ought ask - does app count as reviewed, Hound? Or is there anything I should work on?