twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 04:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 416
m149307 m149307 m149307 m149307 m149307
Hi, here to post interest after being gone from the site for some time, had a few questions before I submitted an app.
First, would someone be at a disadvantage if they don't use guns? I tend to play melee so I'm wondering if it would just be the usual disadvantages or if they would be different or greater?
Second, could a Valor Bard or Sword College bard be reflavored into one that uses guns?
Third, what is the farthest range of the guns? is it similar to the longbow or far greater?

Thanks for any answers, I would love to play a bard in this honestly but unsure how well it would do
Old 12-10-2018, 11:18 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1311
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
I can't speak for the DM, or his rulings, but I have played with someone using the Gunslinger class before. It was not really game-breaking at all for them to have a gun. It was dealing 1d10+ability mod damage, and he was able to shoot it twice a turn at best. On par with bows and other ranged weapons, and still comes short against spell attacks. Wizards still DPS the best compared to a gun user.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 821
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
New player

Is there still openings? I'd be interested in trying out for this game. I'm not very experienced with 5th edition games.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1729
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Is there still openings? I'd be interested in trying out for this game. I'm not very experienced with 5th edition games.
Iím not the DM but applications are open until Jan. 3rd so you have plenty of time to get one in. Just come up with a character concept that you can get excited about and that would fit in this steampunk-esque world and then post your application. Read over the first post in this thread to get information about the setting and rules, and have a look at some other completed applications (like Tinuvielís above) to get an idea of where to go from here. Donít get intimidated by the amount of writing that many people do, the process should be fun. Just imagine your character in as much detail as you can and then see where it takes you.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3584
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Yes, plenty of time! The more the merrier. I can help some with 5e, but I'm relatively new to it myself.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 12-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
All right!
Character Submission
WIP
Name G Watts
Race(sub) Gnome (Rock Gnome)
Class(sub) True Artificer (Tradition of the Inventor)
Appearance G Watts is a young gnome with heterochromatic eyes (One blue one red) and black hair that seems perpetually blasted back from his face. His skin is permanently sullied by his work, except for a clear outline of his goggles over his eyes where you can see he was normally fair-skinned. He has sharp, angular features, large hands and knobby elbows. Short and lean, he's still got the energy of youth. He also has many telltale signs of constant exposure to mana: frizzy, sparking hair, and the occasional twitch.
G wears sturdy treated double-thick cloth overalls, a full sleeved double-layered workman's shirt, a leather apron with pockets, and two gloves that were made for someone much larger than him, but the fingers just barely fit. A pair of smoke-blasted goggles are either perched on his forehead or over his eyes. A heavy leather workman's toolbelt has had extra pouches and loops worked into it.

Considerably like this guy, but younger.

Personality traits:
Commitment - "Nothing great is achieved without commitment to hard work and fair play. I have no interest in working with those that do not share my commitment."
As someone whose family has been inventing for the Izzet guild for generations, G. knows that as long as he keeps going back to the drawing board, he will eventually find the CORRECT way to build a mizzium line-rider alongside the hundreds of ways you don't build a mizzium line-rider. He shows a dedication to his work that seems contradictary to his usually haphazard behavior.

Known - "I like to be appreciated for my work and enjoy the fame it brings me. It is surprising when people have not heard of me."
Being moderately successful at inventing things, he tends to also forget that people outside of his workshop have likely NEVER even heard of him, much less seen any of his works. This causes him some confusion.

History:
Born to a small family of craftspeople for the Izzet guild in Redchester, G. was raised by the community instead of just under his specific parents (this happened often as many of them would pull multiple back-to-back all nighters or, occasionally, explode). He took to invention and satisfying his immense curiosity early, and worked hard to get accepted into Izzet as quickly as possible.
Years later he got in and never looked back. An excitable, easily distracted person, G. Watts never really focused on moving up in the guild yet as he flitted from one field of study to another. No matter what team he was paired with, his efforts were at least helpful to the workshop.
Recently, he's begun working on a new project, that he believes will help propel him into Izzet fame. A 'mizzium line-rider', a device that uses the unusual metal Izzet was famous for to allow people to ascend up to pre-built 'lines' and race along them to various locations in a city or even cross-country! (OOC, think a mixture between batman's grapple gun and the Skyhook from bioshock infinite)
Old 12-11-2018, 01:02 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Character Application - Pending Completion
right-aligned image
Sparksy

Name: Sparksy Tinleaf
Race: Half-Elf (Variant)
Class: Barbarian (Storm Herald) ~ wanting the source of the power to be tech based
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Sheet: Here

Personality: Live fast, and die young, that's Sparksy's motto. Sparksy is addicted to body modification and drugs after being in a terrible locomotive accident as a young person. It's the only way she can deal with the pain some days. Since she is high on life, she hates too see other suffer and will become violently angry if she witnesses bullying or actual crime take place.

Her Story: Sparksy grew up as an orphan, due to being in a horrible locomotive accident with her parents. They both died in the accident and she was dumped at an orphanage by the people who rescued her from the wreck. Even though Sparksy survived, she was horribly injured in the wreck and had to be connected to a steam device called an "iron lung" that helped her to breathe. At only five years old, life was rough for Sparksy. She was in constant pain from her injuries, even after she no longer needed the "iron lung" to breath. The other children would tease her in turn, but thankfully none of them had the heart to pick on her too much. It was possible they left her alone due to her high elf magic ability to create electricity on command. This was also how she got her nickname of Sparksy. Her favorite way to kill time at the orphanage was to create artwork, welding metal sculptures together with her magic.

The orphanage eventually lost funding from the temple of Pelor (?) and had to close down. She didn't blame the church for the orphanage closing down, but understood that she needed to take charge of her own life. Sparksy was only twelve years old at the time, so her and several of the other orphans banded together for survival. They band of urchins would volunteer for odd jobs, and steal when they had to. She would earn just a little bit extra by looking for welding work and trying to sell scrap art that she would weld together. This is how she earned her new last name of Tinleaf, for her habit of making potted flower art from metal scrap.

Years later, when Sparksy was a young woman of twenty years old, her life wasn't much different. She still survived by doing odd jobs and making her art as a hobby, but now she had the habit of drinking too much and seeking mechanical alteration to try and deal with her constant pain. It was too late for magical healing to help her with the pain, short of incineration and true resurrection - which she isn't keen on, as she didn't receive magical healing at the orphanage. She has learned that the only time she is not in pain is when she is juiced up rage.

The mechanical alterations of her body allow Sparksy to "juice up" and get relief from pain, but has the side effect of numbing her senses and causing her to lose self control. This is fine for when she needs to get into a fight, but she has been known to fly off the handle when drinking as well. Her close friends just thank the gods that Sparksy isn't able to remember the magical incantations to her electricity magic while she is juiced.

Starting City: Tedge. Sparksy has spent most of her life, in or around Tedge. The locomotive ride that she was taking with her parents was just supposed to pass through, but when it crashed her whole life changed. Living near the two guilds gives her the opportunity for work, and also her mechanical pain relief equipment. She doesn't remember where she was born, or where her parents and her lived before the accident, but Sparksy vaguely remembers that they were financially pretty well off. If it wasn't for the accident, she might have been a socialite instead of a drunkard and tavern brawler.

Invention: Juicer Rig

Last edited by Superstrength79; 01-13-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:06 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@MeredithS, I think I am going to give up on the half ogre. None of the race mods inspire me, and I can't find any art that was good for him either. That True Artificer class wasn't the direction I wanted to go either. I would like to, instead, apply with the half-elf barbarian above. Storm Herald path from Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and will likely mostly be in Sea mode to get the lightning theme of her tech implants.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4563
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Finally finished my backstory and updating my application from WIP to Pending Completion, pending on review
Old 12-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Gordon is also Pending Completion!
Old 12-11-2018, 08:03 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Marked mind for pending completion as well.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:19 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Am I missing anything or am i pending completion as well?
Old 12-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Only a completed character sheet, Runetide. Do you know where to go for that?
Old 12-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
No. I'm new here, sorry.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Up at the top of the website is a banner of menu items. You can click on the Tools menu item and select "my characters" and then within the sub site create a new 5e sheet. You have to hand enter the information, but character generation can generally be found here.

Or other 5e srd websites.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 12-11-2018 at 08:28 PM.