twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 258
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Also, don't forget, as stated in the advertisement thread : you start with 100 extra gold, standard equipment and a kit of your choice.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 583
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I had actually forgotten to add a kit. Can I add a musical instrument instead? Because Shae started out as a Rogue I didn’t get one in my starting gear.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:16 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1036
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
I know barbarians could use all of that, but I was planning on picking up some scrap to fight with in most situations. A steel pipe would likely be her go-to weapon. Otherwise fisticuffs! The large, manacle looking things in the portrait remind me of what Chun Li from the Street Fighter franchise has going on. That and Shocking Grasp cantrip, I imagined her being a bit of a puncher.

I could just have a re-skinned greatclub in steel pipe, but might punch things anyways. If there isn't a weapon for that, then likely going to deal STR mod damage often... well, plus Rage modifier.

Dipping into monk could work, but we're level 3, so starting with a 3rd level path felt important.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1691
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
You could look at tavern brawler feat. Seems to match up well with your character. 2cp
Old 01-03-2019, 02:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
I hope everyone has fun- looks like a great game.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:32 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
You could look at tavern brawler feat. Seems to match up well with your character. 2cp
I was going to maybe take that at level 4. Depends on if I get in, also about the influence the party has on her.

She's just a streetwise urchin with a penchant for alcohol abuse. Much different than what her life could have been. I imagine her parents were well off enough to be on that train. She could have gone to school and been a snobby socialite in another life.... likely still abusing alcohol though, ha!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
You could reskin just about anything available to your class if you want to actually. Two hand axes, for example, can easily be two broken pipes. A great axe could be a nailed two by four, really the sky is the limit for your imagination when it comes to re-skinning. Just throw it past me and make sure you update your character sheet to reflect it.
@Lazer, That's fine with me. Feel free to reskin as well if you'd like. Harmonica sounds fun to me >.> lol.

That really goes for anyone. Flavor reigns in this game. Re-skinning something to be unique in cosmetics doesn't make me flinch.

Last edited by MeredithS; 01-03-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:20 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I'd be fine with them being two clubs. That's 1d4 damage. Or she could have a heavy hand preference and one unarmed strike could qualify as a mace (1d6) and the offhand a club (1d4).

I just remembered the most recent Mission Impossible movie trailer, where Henry Cavill's character makes weird reloading noises with his arms, and it would be funny to do that as well.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28
Dirty Magic
Hey. I'll express interest for this if you're still looking for a Feb 1 start. I don't want to hold anything up... but... this looks fun. :-)

I'm thinking about a gutter-punk type character, maybe a human variant or maybe deep gnome if you're OK with that. Rogue Arcane Trickster, probably. Betrayed and abandoned her whole life, fascinated with magic and technology but never really given a chance to formally and properly learn the ropes. Jaded, sarcastic, mistrustful, a bit selfish, a bit damaged. Someone to grow with over time, character wise. See where she goes. I've started to tinker a bit with a character design... won't have much of a chance over the weekend but I'll try to solidify her more Mondayish.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Indeed, Feb. 1st is still the deadline. You wouldn't be holding us up at all. We're just starting to work ourselves into how I am incorporating RP Samples. Not everyone's RP samples will be completely the same, as more applicants apply closer to the cut off date, I'll have to scale down my RP samples to speed things along .
I look forward to seeing your character =D Sounds like a good fit

Meredith
Old 01-07-2019, 03:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ok. I have two more players to get a second post to on the RP Samples. I'll finish those tomorrow, late morning. Currently I am working on maps to get ready for the campaign. By Friday, depending on replies in Phase one, I'll start Phase Two. Phase 2 may be wrapped up by 18th while Phase three will start no later then the 21st. Deadline being the 1st of Feb. Just thought I'd let you know where I am right now.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8
Reliq0770
Thanks for the update!
Old 01-08-2019, 12:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
No problem! So, everyone should have two posts from me at this point on phase one. If you've not replied to the second post yet, please try to have it done by this Friday or Saturdayish. I'd like to Start Phase Two by then! Excellent Samples too... I've really started to get a personal feel for each one of your characters. I'll provide Feedback for everyone as we go into Phase Two.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:26 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 854
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
@MeredithS
My apologies, I had planned to have my second post to the RP sample yesterday but my body instead said "hey, how about we get incredibly sick instead?!"

So I'll have mine posted later today or tomorrow morning at the latest.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
No worries Retry. I hope you feel better! If you can't get it in by Saturday just let me know in a PM and we can adjust the RP sample a bit.
Meredith