RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 01:13 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11326
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
GM: Would whips be an exotic weapon proficiency? I'm thinking bullwhips and cats-of-nine-tails, not the monophilament (sp?) whip. Or would they be included in one of the other melee weapon categories?

Last edited by girlplay; 12-28-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:52 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1794
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
It would be 'Exotic Melee Weapons' for either.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:04 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
NICODELRICO
INTEREST!! i've been waiting for a shadowrun game, will be slammin in an app soon enough!!
Old 12-28-2018, 02:50 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
maybe CCCEE?
I thought about it and no to the CCCEE Stat Priority.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:15 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
gravitywolf gravitywolf
Oof those chargen rules look verrrrry interesting. Definitely throwin' in my interest! I'll prob have something up in a bit.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
On second thought, I'm going to pass up, good luck with everyone who gets in!
Old 12-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1689
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I will edit my background a bit. I misread the application.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2284
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Cinch ApplicationStreet Name: Cinch
right-aligned image

Metatype(Sex): Human (f)
Intended Role: Shamanistic type magic (aspected magician) with a firebearer mentor spirit and above average combat abilitiesHealer that kicks like a troll
Appearance: Lissy is a fairly plain, average size young woman of 22. In the two years since 'that night' she has tried a variety of options to hide the scar running across her face, but none have done a lick of good. Finally she gave up and embraced it, which is much easier to do in the barrens than in the shackles of high society. She wears her dark hair short and no jewelry - except a recent addition of a nose ring (Neene said it might help with the headaches). Her clothes are always plain, usually a white t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up and ragged jeans. She refuses to do any enhancements to her body - tattoos included. Her build is slim, but a few unlucky degenerates mistook that for weakness and learned the hard way that her strength is far greater than her frame would suggest.
Backstory:

RP Sample:

Contacts:
  • Khalan Mathis (Loyalty 3, Connection 3) – [See backstory for brief glimpse] High ranking security at Ares Macrotechnology. Khalan is a veteran member of the security team for Ares in Seattle. Of course one does not spend their life guarding one of the major corporations without seeing – and doing – some things. Khalan is viciously scarred from many encounters including one that took the sight from his right eye. He always has his ear to the ground and is quick to address any relevant situation - usually head-on with spittle, profanities, and lead flying. Somehow a professional relationship with Sebastian and Elizabeth turned friendly and the troll became superficially involved in the girls’ lives. Then, he became their guardian angel. The relationship is tense because of the repercussions for Khalan, but he looks out for them when he can.
  • Neene Henzen (bought with karmaLoyalty 2, Connection 2) – Street Doc. Neene is a young female dwarf still trying to carve out a Street Doc life for herself. She was a Runner for a little bit - mostly to make connections – and now has retired from that lifestyle after building a small network. Generally a very happy dwarf, Neene is pleasant to be around and does excellent work for all her clients, which has provided consistent network growth. She has a soft spot for Alicia – partly due to her own nature and partly due to her involvement in ‘the night’. She uses the term ‘girl’ interchangeably with ‘omae’ when speaking of Alicia. Everyone knows who ‘girl’ is to Neene.

Shadowrun Familiarity: I have played all the which I believe was spearheaded by one of the original creators of the tabletopHarebrained Schemes video game versions. Dragonfall was my introduction to Shadowrun and still remains one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. I have … it’s a lot …*cough* hours in that game, so I am pretty familiar with the flavor (setting/lingo/etc) and a reasonable subset of the mechanics, although I have never tried to write within the setting myself. I do not know the 5E rules in any detail, but I have read through most of the core book.

Last edited by Roekahs; 01-17-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1691
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Stranger
Sin/Street name: Charles "Chuck" Berger/Stranger
Metatype: Ork(m)
Team Role: Combat DeckerDecker/Decker(Kapow!)

Description
We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves. - Rouchefoucalt

right-aligned image
Chuck's current tech. Sad.
If you didn't see him always plugged in it'd be easy to see Chuck as just another sammie from the Underground. Where he got that arm is anyone's guess and it could just as easily have been designed as hyper-typing accessory as it could a face puncher. He seems to let his size and bulk keep the riffraff out of his biz. Is he a Decker or a poseur? That pointy little skull of his surely couldn't hold a brain capable of a real hack...could it? You never know in the Sixth World. His head is always bouncing along to some music and occasionally smile will play across his massive mouth for no reason, as if he just saw something in the digital world play its way across the meat one.

Chuck's matrix persona, Stranger, looks very much like The Son of Man but with a question mark instead of an apple. It is a distinctly human shaped persona and his imagined form had he never goblinized.

Backstory
Freedom is what you do with what has been done to you. - Sartre

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth." He smirked and flicked the sentence into a trash icon. Holden Caulfield had it right though. The world was full of crummy phonies. Chuck felt much like that kid, wanting to escape the whole rotten thing but knowing obligation was going to suck him right back in. He pulled up his outline for his memoir scanned it for the significant details and started again.

It doesn't really matter that I was born human to a couple of orks in the Underground. Or that they were, in effect, evicted from their home by those self-righteous tuskers because their breeder child was one of the Others, the privileged surface oppressors. It doesn't matter that I still have sweat-soaked nightmares about when I did finally and inevitably go though the -yes, that still happens to the unlucky few that the Sixth World decides to curb stomp-change that I can still feel it in my bones when it rains. (And in Seattle, it always rains) It doesn't even matter that by the time that happened, I had already been abandoned to the streets by my "parents" so that they could return to the womb of their manufactured cultural oasis. What really matters, where my life really began, was when I got my first set of trodes. That is when, through the lo-res datum of that secondhand technology, the world was opened up to me. Most people simply keep their comms open to pull information as they need it; it takes too much effort to actually learn anything. But I could not get enough. Do any of you know what books are? Not scematics or manuals. I am speaking of literature. I've tried BTLs, believe me. No matter how real they seem, they still fall flat like cheap trids. My brain doesn't respond to it for some reason, but in books I could escape and the world's repository is out there set to public! Deckers talk of paydata. Very few of us really appreciate that the biggest store of paydata in the world is actually free.

A kid on the streets who spends all of his time in the Matrix actually is a valuable fruit that does not even require picking. Most people think of gangs as thugs incapable of of thinking beyond their next thrill or violence or vendetta. But that is ignorance. From the inside, a gang is a microgrid, an independent organism within the societal ecology, complex and each of them unique and varied. They used me. I have no illusions. But they know that even a scrap to a starving dog is enough to keep it coming back for more. So they gave me the crudest sense of belonging and I used my meager skills in any way that I could for them. In that sense I used them too. They paid for my datajack and decks were easy to come by. Oh, to think about the speed of the tech I was using back then. I took it all for granted. I feel like a dinosaur using what I do now.

I focused on doing what was the immediate need, hacking rivals' guns and 'ware, probably to my developmental detriment. I would like to say that I am one of those genius Deckers who can slip in a host and get out with any file they choose or go toe-to-toe with black IC for the fun of it. But really, even now, If I am being true to myself, I am no more than a weapon to be pointed in a direction and let loose. At least I can take consolation that I am self-aware enough know that I am not the strongest or fastest or smartest person out on the streets.

In that knowledge lies survival.

Role Play Example:
I opened myself up to the gentle indifference of the world. - Camus

Chuck closed up his programs and slowly came around to the full focus of his environs. The noodle shop wasn't the best in a city full of them, not even middling, but it did have indoor seating and a distinct lack of signal interference, well, and regular noise too.noise. he watched the pedestrians through the oily and dirty glass that most likely hadn't seen a rag since the place opened. To a person, they kept their heads down and minded their own business which, in this neighborhood, probably meant drugs or sex or a cocktail of the two. Except just then, when a man walked by with a boy in his orbit. The kid seemed interested in everything going on including what was happening in the strange shops and storefronts along the road. He caught sight of the ork and stared agog. Chuck lifted his hand and wiggled the alloy fingers at him with the gentle whirring of servos. He didn't even register the boy's reaction as his eyes fell on his own part. It was still strange to look down and see metal where his flesh had been. Six months ago... Time was ticking inexorably forward and no amount of ware was going to save him from cell death. Ten years. Probably less in the line of work he was trying to pursue. A few short years to escape the meat world forever or join the masses headed to the incinerator. He was still spacing out when an electronic bell tinkled signalling a new patron.

"I swear, chummer. You might be the happiest, loneliest sonofabitch I know." Jaz flopped her little butt into the chair next to him and absently picked up a dirty menu and flipping it over three times as if it might magically change the printed words.

"If you are lonely when you are alone, you are in bad company." Chuck forced his eyes to close to break his stare and looked over at his friend. Friend. That may not mean so much to most, but to Chuck, she was his only one.

Jaz rolled her eyes. "That's a quote right?" she basically spat, "Who is it this time, Chuck? Buddhaleer?"

"Baudelaire."

"Wiz! I got one!" She punched him in his metal shoulder and only barely winced.

"No, not-- nevermind. Lay off the streetspeak, lingo, basically how everyone outside of corps and Chuck speakstreet, if you would. You sound like a moron."

"Not nice, Chuckles. Especially when I come bearing good news." She got real cold. Jaz could ice you like nobody else. But it was the words that got his full attention.

"You got it? A meeting with him??"He couldn't contain the desperation and hope in his voice.

Jaz nodded and then leaned back, hooking her arms behind the chair back and pushing out her favorite feature, "So how's about you buy me lunch and I tell you all about it, loverboy?"

Other stuffOther: The following will not affect your application.
  1. Jaz
    left-aligned image
    Keep your eyes moving, choob
    Jasmine Flowers "Jaz" (2/2) is an elf programmer and chip dealer that Chuck relies on to fill in the holes in his skill set. Her work ethic is, shall we say, lackadaisical, but she is whip smart and is plugged in to the new and the next. She is fascinated by the ugly and her taste in art tends to turn stomachs; the grosser or the weirder the better. Chuck is one of those ugly things she just loves to keep around. Her tolerance for his callous nature laudable. Most times she pokes at him to see the ugly come out, but there are times that she just watches him when he is plugged in testing out a new program, almost lovingly. She is Seattle born and raised, but actually got out to travel the world a bit. She got drawn back to the rainy drekhole because while sprawl is sprawl, home is home. She has a lot of easy admirers, but elf-philes and people who are obsessed with her looks get a stare that could freeze lava.
  2. Votes
  3. Experience: I played Shadowrun Yet Zug's classic SR art still inspires me, so I used it for Chuckbefore wireless was a thing back in the early nineties. And then later 3rd edition and then 5th (guess it's a prime number thing) through two pbp games here. This is my favorite SR character here. Fairly familiar with everything in SR5 but the crunchy specifics of the magic rules. SR is a hot mess that just keeps on being intriguing despite the poorly organized rulebooks.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-17-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:53 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1169
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
DoubleClick is complete.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer

Street Name/Real Name: "Hosepipe", AKA Jorge Goodeman
Metatype(Sex): Human (Mescalero Amerindian)(Male)
Intended Role:Unemployed Corporate Bodyguard (Gunslinger Adept)
Appearance: Height: 180cm Weight: 70 Kg Hair color: Black Eye Color: Brown
Hosepipe is of average height and build. With Olive skin tone, straight black hair and feathers in his hair it's hard not to peg him as the Amerindian that he is. Being on the down and out, he dresses with whatever he can find.
Backstory:

Role Play Example: Tell me a story about your runner involving one of your contacts.
Other: The following will not affect your application.
  1. I would like you to flesh out your contacts a little bit. WIP
  2. I've played Shadowrun since 2e. I've been playing DND non-stop for the last year but before then we played Shadowrun 5e for about 2 years IRL.

Last edited by MIniSchnauzer; 12-31-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:06 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Happy New Years from Michigan!

"ITS FEEDBACK TIME!!!"

Note: If you are done with your application, let me know so I can change the status of your character.

Last edited by Silk; 01-01-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10704
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Hey, I'm a Michigander, too! I'm in the part of the state where Winter has been disappointingly feeble, so far.

AFAIAC, you can mark my application complete. I may or may not flesh out my backstory some, and I may add some mechanical details before applications close. But I may wait on that. I frankly don't like messing with Chummer until the last possible second. I love it for organization and double-checking. I personally HATE it as a character-builder, which seems to be how most people use it.

My priority B will certainly to go resources, and I was planning on getting a few A pistol from page 33 R&Gweapons and a few add-ons from page 70 R&Garmor pieces from Run and Gun, fyi. Are you OK with qualities from Run Faster? I've got my eye on Tough as Nails, page 150 RF.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2284
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Happy New Year! I was born and raised in Michigan (Go Green!) and, although I am currently in Maryland, it still feels like home . This is a crazy amount of Michigan connection for a single thread ...

You can mark my app complete. All the requested info is done. I have a bit more to deal with on the mechanics, but I can figure that out when/if I need to

Last edited by Roekahs; 01-02-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1691
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Not from Michigan, but I think I can make my app complete too. I'll get details on Chuck's lone contact soon.