RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11641
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Okay. I think I'm done with my character app. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 01-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2374
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynamoinen View Post
Hey, I'm a Michigander, too! I'm in the part of the state where Winter has been disappointingly feeble, so far.

AFAIAC, you can mark my application complete. I may or may not flesh out my backstory some, and I may add some mechanical details before applications close. But I may wait on that. I frankly don't like messing with Chummer until the last possible second. I love it for organization and double-checking. I personally HATE it as a character-builder, which seems to be how most people use it.

My priority B will certainly to go resources, and I was planning on getting a few A pistol from page 33 R&Gweapons and a few add-ons from page 70 R&Garmor pieces from Run and Gun, fyi. Are you OK with qualities from Run Faster? I've got my eye on Tough as Nails, page 150 RF.
Ya, I tend to build my character on paper first and then use Chummer to point out anything I missed.

I see no problems with the weapons and armor add-ons. Thanks for pointing out the 'Securetech PPP' armor add-ons. I wish I grabbed a few for Rain.

As for Qualities from Run Faster: Yes. Mater of fact, the whole section is okay if anyone wants to grab something from there.
With the exception of the following (Doesn't fit with the setting I'm going for):
Friends in High Places
Privileged Family Name
Restricted Gear(or at least have a very convincing reason)
Trust Fund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roekahs View Post
Happy New Year! I was born and raised in Michigan (Go Green!) and, although I am currently in Maryland, it still feels like home . This is a crazy amount of Michigan connection for a single thread ....
I noticed that. I said Happy New Year in several other threads and had three people mention that they were from Michigan too

Posting Status: A little hectic at the moment. Will post when able.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2720
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
I'm moving into the crunchy phase of my character.

Would you allow an Ares Sigma-3 (from Gun Heaven3) to be stored in a large storage compartment in Chuck's arm? It's a bullpup design with a collapsable stock.

If not that one, any other SMGs?

For reference:
Large Smuggling Compartment
This is a larger version of the smuggling compartment (p. 455). It can hold something the size of a heavy pistol or a small SMG (gamemaster’s discretion—think breadbox size as a guide). Getting something out of or putting something into it takes a Complex Action.

Also, looking at qualities from Data Trails. Specifically:
Ninja vanish
Overclocker
Perfect time
Quick Config

And feedback is always appreciated if you have the time. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-03-2019 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:55 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1477
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Expanded on DoubleClick's backstory a bit, and added a draft character sheet.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:31 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
The 'Ares Sigma-3' is fine. Though I think it might be a bit too big for a breadbox, I'll allow it though. I do have this funny image in my head with the Ares Sigma-3 stuck half removed from your body during combat

The Qualities are also fine, though two were not from Data Trails. luckily I remembered 'Perfect Time' was in 'Run Faster' and found 'Overclocker' there as well with little trouble.

Last edited by Silk; 01-03-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1689
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
My application is about complete, but am I missing anything?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
I do have this funny image in my head with the Ares Sigma-3 stuck half removed from your body during combat
Why do I have the feeling that will actually come up in game?
12.4.6a Accessing your storage compartment"Comeoncomeoncome ON!" Bullets cut the air overhead as Chuck fruitlessly tugged at the grip of the Ares. He looked over at the team's real Decker who he was supposed to be covering and shrugged sheepishly. He pulled up his arm's manual on his display for the umpteenth time mumbling "Yep. Yes. Did that..."

Quote:
The Qualities are also fine, though two were not from Data Trails. luckily I remembered 'Perfect Time' was in 'Run Faster' and found 'Overclocker' there as well with little trouble.
Whoops. Thanks for catching that. I rely a lot on that summary website and I didn't pay attention.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-04-2019 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericg1s View Post
My application is about complete, but am I missing anything?

Old 01-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Going to save the thread to my favorites and get an application going soon.

Going to build a Rigger. I think the Street Scum thing is what is driving everyone to be a Human? Going to try to make a non-human work. Need to get the book in front of me, I'm going off of memory, and that memory might be a couple editions old.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Swindle View Post
I think the Street Scum thing is what is driving everyone to be a Human? Going to try to make a non-human work.
You got that right, chummer. Non-human is a fun challenge, tho. Interested to see what you come up with. *Starts to consider a troll face*
Old 01-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
*Starts considering what a Troll would drive* ;P
Old 01-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Swindle View Post
*Starts considering what a Troll would drive* ;P
Maybe something like this?

I like the fact that the door on the side is smaller than the tires

Oh wait! This is Street Scum, so maybe something like this would fit better.

Last edited by Silk; 01-04-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1689
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I tried to slightly expand my character's backstory with more information about his magical education.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12278
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
I have added the first draft of my character sheet, and some of the requested secret secrets.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 01-04-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2089
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Sneaks in, delivers the data, ninja's away.

Application
Street Name/Real Name: Whisper / Ebony
Metatype(Sex): Elf (Female)
Intended Role: Adapt Infiltrator (Too expenciveInvisible Way)
Apearance:
left-aligned image
Ebony is rather short for an elf, only standing five foot four high with black hair and green eyes. Her skin has a natural light tan to it and if she spends too much time in the sun, freckles appear across her nose and shoulders. She has an uncanny resemblance to the Trid star Lucy Louie.

Ebony Prefers practical comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement while hiding her features and helping her blend with the environment, mostly wearing a combination of greys or blacks and never something with a logo. She doesn’t have any body art, piercings or jewellery maintaining a bland and boring appearance.

Backstory: Ebony is an 'escaped clone' of Lucy Louie the tri-d star. Escaped is probably the wrong word, more like extracted. A group of Runners were hired to extract the Lucy Louie wimp for a client, the run went bad after they got hold of apparently all the clones in the facility were Lucy Louie'sone of the Lucy Louie's. The entire team was taken out except for the Rigger and Street samurai, who escaped with the clone. Unable to contact 'Mr Johnson' they decided to skip the country and retire to the greater UCAS, taking the clone with them. Unfortunately, some drek decided they wanted to take over the plane. Onboard security dusted them but the plane still had to make an emergency landing in Sea-Tac, Seattle. Some badge also decided to take the opportunity to double check everyone's travel information. The The alias they were travelling under'Jetson family' decided it was recommendable to not to be scrutinized and escaped into Seattle proper.

The clone deciding to keep the name Ebony from their 'Jetson' identity, learning much from her two 'adopted parents' during the flight but proved to have some education likely from some form of VR schooling while in the tube, which could explain why she wasn't a vegetable as was expected from wimps. Settling into Seattle wasn't a quick process especially having already spent most of their cred just getting here. They performed a few homeruns to acquire equipment, contacts and a bit of Nuyen to not so much get back into the game but perhaps leave it with some stability. It was during this time that the Rigger orchestrated the removal of a diner owner by anonymously feeding incriminating evidence to Knight Errant. After the owner was dragged away, the Street Samurai simply walked in and took over and has been running the place since.

In the years until now Ebony has been doing the occasional NinjaEats, your food will be delivered by a certified ninja or your money back!*

*All contractors are required to watch the supplied 'ninja training' trid to receive their 'certificate of ninjahood' failure to do so will result in termination of your contract and recuperation of losses from your persons.
odd jobs and even tried waiting tables at the diner, a job she disliked. When not engaged in the odd job, she learned Seattle making friends and enemies along the way. She has taken a particular interest in 'The Underground' and has started to hang out with the Skraacha.

Role Play Example:
The van pulled up outside their target, Spyder looked at the time in the corner of his HUD.
"Still early, won't be up yet." and gave Ebony the nod. She exited through the hatch in the van's roof and Spyder passed the package up to her. She pulled it up and carefully slid it up into the fire escape before jumping up next to it. Spyder gave her a thumbs up and disappeared into the van. She quietly carried the package up the fire escape counting the floors until she was just below the right one. She mentally sent Spyder a message to deal with the cameras before continuing up to the correct floor and moving to the window next to the fire door. She knew both were alarmed, however, the drone flap beneath the window wasn't. She pushed the package through the small flap before following it herself, a bit of a squeeze but nothing she hadn't done before. There wasn't much to the hallway beyond, she kept near to the walls not leaving footprints in the dust. She approached the door she wanted, she knew the drone flap for this door was alarmed and locked. She signalled Spyder to open the way and waited for the confirm. It came and she slipped through. Making her way through the living area she located the bedroom and put the package down taking out her lockpicks. She got a notice from Spyer to hurry as the lock gave way and the door opened. She gently pushed the door open and stole into the room with the package. There was a form still in the bed, Ebony knew this figure would have an SMG clutched in one of it's chromed fists, so she had to be careful. She carefully approached and removed the items from the bedside table, placing them on the floor underneath. She unpacked the package, placing the items within on the cleared table adding an extra something from her pocket and quickly escaped the room, making sure to lock the door as she left.
~
Mel awoke with a start and reflexively scanned the room with her SMG, still trying to blink sleep out of her natural eye and not yet understanding the data coming through her smart link. Something was amiss, there was a smell... She looked at her bedside table the source of the scent. there was a polystyrene meal container, one of those large paper takeaway cups and a note.
'Happy Mothers day' it read, Her HUD beeped at her with a message
'Wakey Wake eggs and Bakey! ' came from Tod. She sighed
'Damn it Tod' She responded

Other:
  • Tod Fladashem AKA Spyder - Rigger - Human Male
    Though retired from running in the shadows Tod can't help but keep a foot in the door, though he won't go out on jobs he's happy to repair or build drones to spec and do remote surveillance work. In a way, he's become a self-styled information broker. He is a rather optimistic and flamboyant man with a deep voice, always looking on the bright side regardless of how dire the situation. He sees himself as Ebony's adoptive father, bristling with pride when she calls him dad and often or not calling her 'kid' or 'darling'. He can usually be found around 'Karen's Kitchen'

• There seems to be a lack of Cybered
    -up Female Ork Street Samurai art.
    So here is the best Troll.
    Melika AKA Baroness - Street Samurai - Female Orc
    Retired from the shadows Mel has embraced her passion for cooking and hydroponics and now runs 'Karen's Kitchen' after the previous owner was dragged off by Knight Errant. Still armed and dangerous she doubles as the main deterrent to those wishing to cause trouble in her diner, backed up by Tod's drones when necessary. For the right price, she can get you real coffee and make a mean omelette with real eggs. Though she was originally against keeping the clone, she eventually gave in and has come to like Ebony, though refers to her as 'girl'. Somehow she always seems to sound tired and unimpressed. It is not an unusual sight to find Mel and Tod arguing like a married couple.
  • The Skraacha
    Largely unknown to the group as a whole, Ebony has been spending more time in their territory and on occasion has helped them out for no other reason then "orks are cool". Those few who do know her call her 'Squeaky'

• That one, that one and that one.
  • I know a little, Read through quite a few splatbooks, I've built 3 characters for 4E only one saw play and then only a single session. Like others here I've also played the games on Steam (except Hong Kong, though I do own it) and I own the 'despised' Xbox360 version (the theme song is cool, but it has none of the lore or roleplaying elements, not even a single player mode.)
    So yeah, I know of the flavour, but zip about 5E Mechanics. Most of what I've written above is based loosely of what I know of 4E stuff. I will require a bit of aid for character creation. If you don't like this concept I have 3 others.
AEDT = GMT +10/+11

Last edited by Ghost6442; 01-16-2019 at 12:39 AM.