RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 06:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Occultist is fine. Tiefling is fine. FINALLY SOME RACE VARIETY XD
Old 12-28-2018, 07:18 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4335
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Sorry that human is so boring...and common. I honestly considered an elan psychic detective. But I felt being an investigator was too on the nose.

Edit: I think my app is complete, awaiting review if you do those. If not, as good as I think it is going to get before a deadline, if you have one set.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 12-28-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Vaerdis, I think i will take back the Feat Tax btw

I will look over your sheet too
Old 12-28-2018, 09:05 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Vaerdis, I think i will take back the Feat Tax btw

I will look over your sheet too
Okay, will make one and start linking it. The regular feats are going to hurt, but no skin off my back, I guess.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
Okay, will make one and start linking it. The regular feats are going to hurt, but no skin off my back, I guess.
I mean, its new stuff to me and I was told it’s even more bookkeeping

Edit: know what, whatever. Use the system, yolo, as they used to say

Last edited by Krow Nest; 12-28-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:41 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
I mean, its new stuff to me and I was told it’s even more bookkeeping

Edit: know what, whatever. Use the system, yolo, as they used to say
Inserted character sheet, but whether or not there is feat tax removal shifts my stat alotment between strength and dex. Tip as a Dm, have the link saved in a houserules thread for a reminder. The amount of bookkeeping seemed to end at: "Seems like all drow have a feat slot open."
Old 12-28-2018, 09:47 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
I never played pathfinder before, but I'm willing to learn the ropes. Why not jump in on this one, right? Wanted to know if it'd be cool to play a half-orc ranger?
Old 12-28-2018, 09:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Go ahead bro. We’d be willing to teach
Old 12-29-2018, 01:16 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Thurodall
right-aligned image

Name: Thorudall
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Ranger (Hooded Champion)
Alignment: CG

Description: The first thing one would notice about Thorudall would be his skin, and if not that then his height. His orc features, which greatly overpower his human traits, have given him a dusky-blue tone to his skin making him stand out almost immediately, and that's not taking into account his six and a half foot height. Towering and imposing, Thorudall is quite an intimidating figure, and it doesn't help that he has something of a permanent frown on his brows despite being a polite and amicable individual. He has a somewhat rounded head with broad and strong jaws that meet at an equally broad chin, above which are his too-long filed tusks. One would also notice the fact that Thorudall is mostly bald, save for a single ponytail which he keeps as a reminder of the orc tribe he comes from. He's mostly seen wearing old and worn leathers that have seen years of use, a tattered and half-ruined cloak, and a cloth which he wears over the lower half of his face to hide his tusks when among humans.

Traits: When attempting Craft checks, you take no penalty when using improvised tools. At the GM’s discretion, you can attempt certain Craft checks even when no tools are available, though you take a –2 penalty.Self Reliant, Enduring stoicism

Drawback: You take a –3 penalty on Diplomacy checks to gather information or improve a creature’s attitude.Stigmatized

Backstory: Thorudall was raised on the fringes of civilization by his orc mother, deep in the wilds and far away from any sort of human contact. At a young age he was taught how to hunt, track, and forage. His mother teaching him to become incredibly self dependant, often even telling him to go hunt food for them before he reached the age of twelve. As he got older, his hunting and tracking got better, he learned to become one with his environment and how to use patience to his benefit, oft times lying in wait for hours to catch his prey.

At fifteen, his mother gave him the furs, meats, and other assorted items of game that they'd hunted the past couple of days and told him to go sell them in a nearby town, giving him the directions to reach it. It took him several hours, but once he did, he was in wonder. It was his first encounter with a town and the large buildings, raised roads, carts, and people everywhere were astounding. He'd come across humans before during his hunts, often exchanging few words or sharing knowledge on where the game had trailed off to. But he'd never seen so many in one place.

One thing he didn't expect however was the animosity he garnered from them. It was outright, but he felt it. The looks, the way the guards kept their hands on their weapons when he was around, and the general unease of shopkeepers when he tried to sell them furs, skins, and meats. He worried little about it however, since he assumed it was because he was relatively new to the settlement. What he didn't know however was that the town was plagued by constant orc raids, and he'd left from his third visit another had happened. On his return to the town several days later, he was driven away with arrows and mounted knights from a nearby city.

Upon asking his mother what had happened she told him that her clan was responsible, that they were a fierce and power-hungry lot that revelled in destruction and death. Feeling a sort of kinship with the humans, he asked his mother if they would speak the tribe on their behalf but she told him it would be a terrible idea. It took him the better part of a week, but eventually he managed to make her cave, and they went to the tribe and garnered and audience from the chief. Thorudall presented his case, and believing himself one of them had made the mistake of comparing himself to their proudest warriors. The chief, in his anger ordered his warriors to show him just how different they really were and Thorudall was up for the challenge.

His mother stepped in however, saying she would take her life for his. The chief accepted and his mother was slaughtered in that tent before his eyes. He was told to walk away and that if he was seen again he would follow his mother's fate.

Angered, hurt, and enraged beyond belief, Thorudall took it upon himself to hunt down the orcs in the area and slaughter them as they slaughtered his mother. He spent several years in the wilds, hunting and ambushing orcs, dwindling their numbers over time. He was such a thorn to his clan's side, having sabotaged raiding plans, killing off hunting parties and specific leaders for raids, that they decided to lead an assault on him in hopes of drive him out.

He considered it a personal win when the amassed orcs had garnered the attention of a local lord who then sent a small regiment to drive the clan out of the region. With his clan either gone or slaughtered, Thorudall moved away from the woods he grew up in and seeks his fortune elsewhere.

Last edited by Torack; 12-30-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Added a deadline. If I think we need more apps, i'll extend the deadline.

Reminder that the setting is a XIX Century setting, sort of like Bloodborne, but with more medieval stuff as well. Characters can use firearm classes (but again, ask), though it WILL effect the campaign. Make use of the Campaign Traits to make a compelling backstory, though doesnt have to be massive. You DO need fears or traumatic events in the story (Hell, both would be amazing), as they will be used in the game.

I am gonna clarify here too, that the races I will say no too are the more 'monsterous' ones. I will say yes to a Tiefling or Aasimar but I will say no to a Nagaji or Kasatha. Looking forward to seeing more applications
Old 12-29-2018, 07:33 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
On the app tracker, Cheryl's trait aught to be True Devotion.

While it is not overt, my character does have some abandonment issues from an early age. Though I do not know what the criteria is for a true fear or traumatic event before the appearance in the place the characters have no memory of being.

Being a tech-level "Bloodbourne like" does that mean emerging firearms or advanced firearms? Are they common enough for purchases to not be more expensive than magic items? After all you did warn, greatly might I add earlier, that ammo will be an issue so few people are likely going to take unadjusted focus in firearms.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:23 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Wait, you approved an occult rules class.

OOooooOOOOOoo.

I sooooo want to play an occult class now, BUT...this is lovecraftian, and Psychic Spells + Fear effects = difficult/impossible casting.

Why must you torture me so?

Anyhow, do you want char sheets flat out?

Just back from honeymoon, Please be patient :)
Old 12-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
emerging firearms.

The Player's Guide says Occultist is fine, so ye

EDIT: I'd like to take back a request. I'm sadly saying no to Occultist

Last edited by Krow Nest; 12-29-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
I'd like to change my race to Peri-blooded Aasimar (with the Scion of Humanity alternate). Is this passable?

Reason: I feel like who he turned out to be once I got into character really fits the flavor for Peri-blooded Aasimars...on literally ever part.

EDIT: Also, Rich Parents is in there half for flavor reasons (I want him to have nicer-than-normal clothes, and he is an officer as well as the kid of people who were lifers with the armed forces) and half for mechanical (I'd like to have enough to have "repaired" my gun before the game start). It's not just a mindless money-grab, I swear.

Also, I'm finished.

Just back from honeymoon, Please be patient :)

Last edited by Alphaeus; 12-29-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
I'd like to change my race to Peri-blooded Aasimar (with the Scion of Humanity alternate). Is this passable?

Reason: I feel like who he turned out to be once I got into character really fits the flavor for Peri-blooded Aasimars...on literally ever part.

EDIT: Also, Rich Parents is in there half for flavor reasons (I want him to have nicer-than-normal clothes, and he is an officer as well as the kid of people who were lifers with the armed forces) and half for mechanical (I'd like to have enough to have "repaired" my gun before the game start). It's not just a mindless money-grab, I swear.

Also, I'm finished.

I'll allow it. Could be interesting. Also, I agree with the rich parents thing. I mean, not like he'll remember being rich XD