twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-29-2018, 10:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 689
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Messaging for interest, will edit in application when I'm done with it.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Messaging for interest, will edit in application when I'm done with it.
Sounds good
Old 12-30-2018, 12:00 AM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
I just realized in Pathfinder we can take Archetypes at the first level instead of waiting until third. In light of that, I was wondering if I could go with a Hooded Champion ranger, DM
Old 12-30-2018, 12:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torack View Post
I just realized in Pathfinder we can take Archetypes at the first level instead of waiting until third. In light of that, I was wondering if I could go with a Hooded Champion ranger, DM
go ahead
Old 12-30-2018, 01:29 AM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Threw up a loose and quick char sheet. If I'm accepted I'll polish out details like finite spending on mundane items, full detailing of racial abilities, etc.

Just so you could get an idea of the character.

Also threw up a party role section just to clarify things.

Just back from honeymoon, Please be patient :)
Old 12-30-2018, 03:09 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have a few requests for permission since you said anything non-core was 'request' flagged.
Permission to use:
Magus Class and the Jistkan Artificer Archetype
OR
Kineticist and the Ioun Kineticist Archetype

Both are from the 'Blood of the Ancients' book. I have included links to the Archives of Nethys.

Also requesting the use of alternate racial traits for half-orc:
Inured (horror heroes) Replaces Orc Ferocity, gain bonus to will saves to reduce sanity loss. If we're not using the sanity system, I would instead request for the good 'ole Sacred Tattoo trait.
Shaman's Apprentice (Advanced Race Guide), replaces intimidate, gain endurance feat.

Last edited by Runetide; 12-30-2018 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Adding to request list
Old 12-30-2018, 03:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I say no to Kineticist and its archetypes. Magus and the one you want are fine
Old 12-30-2018, 04:14 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, so are the race traits okay? Also are you using background skills or Lore/artistry?
Old 12-30-2018, 12:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sacred tattoo and shaman apprentice are ok. Not really using background skills
Old 12-30-2018, 03:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okiedoke, just checking for things before I finish deciding on his background details since they'll affect his backstory/personality. Thank you for being patient with me.

Okay, I've got it all figured out. Please let me know if you need anything more!

ApplicationName: Gaspard Chastain
right-aligned image

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Jistkan Artificer Magus

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description: Gaspard is a lithe and muscular half-orc, with pale green skin and mahogany brown hair, expressive green eyes, and an oversized right arm made of brass plates and steel gears. Despite his fit appearance, he seems just on the wrong side of lean, perhaps having grown up underfed.
Mounted at his shoulder, his skin radiates a spiderweb of white scars from the brass edge. They spread out over the rest of his body in an artistic fashion, obviously a deliberate form of scarification. Several of the scars form arcane symbols and patterns. Different from his scars is an old, faded black brand on the back of his neck near his shoulders.
The golem arm has a circular shoulder with sturdy upper arm design. The forearm flares out at the sides, making it broader than it is thick. The fist has a three-fingered hand sporting protruding, circular knuckles, and has textured criss-crossing grooves on the pads of the fingers and palm to improve the grip. The brass plates are all etched in the same pattern and fashion as his bodily scars.

Traits:
Fate's Favored (Faith)
Foe of the Strange (Campaign)

Drawback: Mark of Slavery

Backstory: Gaspard was sold into slavery to the technic league in Numeria by his parents when he was still a little child.He was raised to use his magical talents for the league but was given an opportunity when a small raid of barbarians killed his captors and took him as part of the spoils. He was given to their tribe's spiritual leader, who figured out what to do with him. He was (for the most part) deprogrammed from his technic league brainwashing, and given the tattoos that would increase his chances should he ever encounter them again.
While out hunting with the tribe many years later, Gaspard discovered one of the many strange and alien golems rampaging through the land. The thing was small, but he had this hunch it had some magical potential. Once it was slain, he was allowed to keep one part of it for himself; a single arm from the creature. he studied it for months afterward, tinkering with pieces and learning a great deal about how it worked. Using information he stole from technic league archives and using a bit of his own ingenuity, he figured out how to build a smaller-scale replica of the arm, modeling it after his own.
It was his own decision to pursue grafting it onto his body, and his choice to sacrifice an otherwise perfectly good arm to do so. It was difficult to find a healer willing to help, but not impossible. Once the procedure was done, he had decided to seek out work to recoup his expenses.

Fears:Gaspard has some deep-seated fears of his childhood trauma of being enslaved and having all manner of terrible things done to him. He fears to be powerless to save himself, and to some degree, distrusts people in authority.

Personality: Gaspard has little social skills, and comes across as awkward, but not mean-spirited or generally unlikeable. He has no faith in any gods, despite being sheltered by a tribal shaman for many years. He blames them for allowing the things in his past happen, at some deep-seated level.

Last edited by Runetide; 12-31-2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Adding application
Old 01-01-2019, 06:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
We are still looking! I'm looking forward to seeing interesting character applications!
Old 01-04-2019, 12:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Name:Viticus Rot-Tooth
Race Male Goblin
Class: Barbarian (Feral Gnasher)
Alignment: True Chaotic
Description: A truly large goblin at almost 5 feet in height and easily 180lbs, Viticus is a sight to behold. Other than is size his most prominent feature is his massive jaw, hiding within, rows upon rows of jagged wicked teeth. A paler green than most goblins, a less perceptive individual could mistake Viticus for a small human..... From far away...... In the dark. Despite his massive appetite very little fat resides on this hulking goblins body, truly this is a goblin not to be trifled with.... Or left near unattended food.
Traits: Pugnacious (Campaign), Bouncy (Race)
Backstory: Viticus has always been hungry. To be fair it’s not his fault, goblins are notorious for their voracious appetites and Viticus was a very large goblin. Still, even his tribe found his constant feasting to be a problem, when he wasn’t eating all their stores, he was trying to take a bite out of the goblin dogs. Before long poor Rot-Tooth was banished from impolite society and forced to make his way to civilization. It was there that he learned the golden rule: No Biting!
Pity that Rules were just things that other people followed.
Fears: As a goblin few things scare Viticus, even things a normal sentient being would be frightened of. Some would say it was typical goblin stupidity. But the truth is that Viticus already has enough to worry about, between the never ceasing grumbling in his belly, and the ever persistent voice in his head, how could any goblin worry about blade or flame or claw?
Drawback Insatiable
Personality: Fun, Wild, Free, and Hungry. Viticus is ruled by his desires and lives for the moment.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 01-04-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Definitely need to expand on that backstory and give him... actual fears? You also didn't ask if Goblin was alright to use

Last edited by Krow Nest; 01-04-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Definitely need to expand on that backstory and give him... actual fears? You also didn't ask if Goblin was alright to use
Well shoot, thatís my bad, I was going through horror-themed characters in my head and this is what came out. Absolutely right, I should have asked first. No worries if goblins arenít in your gameplan, I can always keep the character for a later game.

I can certainly write some more backstory if you want, didnít know how far to go with the mention of a memory lapse I thought less might be more.

Fears boiled down to his fear of an empty belly along with a fear that no amount of food will be enough: Playing into the feral gnasher class, and insatiable drawback. Kind of like a Steven King Thinner kind of hunger. His other fear was something of a split personality that comes from his hunger. A voice in his head he calls the Maw, always telling him to eat. Maw scares him, heís afraid of what Maw wil do if he ever takes control. (Was thinking with permission that a level dip into Brute Vigilante later could represent this even more feral, hungry side of his psyche.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, here's the issue: That's not a good fear that can be used. Being hungry is just like... human nature. My issue mostly with the goblin is you chose a more feral appearance, so he's kinda horror-esque already