twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 03:46 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3571
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Pathfinder Chronicles

Game NamePathfinder Chronicles

Dungeon MasterMaster of Monsters

EditionPathfinder

SettingForgotten Realms, Northern Sword Coast

Description of the gameThis will be an openish world campaign. I will be using the module “Heros of Thornwall” as a starting point, but will not be chained to it by any means. If the players walk a different road I will be happy to adjust as I go.

Game thread can be found here Which will slowly be populated as I go.

Character Creation
Level:1
Ability Scores: You can either use Dice Pool (28d6, assign dice to each stat[min 3d6] roll reroll 1's and 2's, take best 3.) or 26 point buy
HP: Max at first level; Afterwards you can take HD +1 or roll. If you roll lower than HD -2 then take HD-2 (for example. D12 would be 6-2 = 4. If you roll a 2, you take 4)
Traits are allowed.
Wealth: Standard(aka 1000gp)

Background I would like to see creative and Imaginative backgrounds. Please include as much of the following as possible.

Childhood History
Family information(status of family members, occupation, ect)
Character’s Occupation(They have a class, yes, but what do they do for a living? Fighter might be part of city guard or a bandit…ect.)
Character professional network(who do they know, what kind of strings can they pull)

Basically I want to know what kind of people your character would be friends with, who they are enemies with, ect. Be creative and take initiative. Feel free to create people, places, and things. I will be more than happy to write them into the campaign. I want fleshed out characters at the start of the campaign because one of your contacts might end up being a vital resource in game.

DeadlineI will set a rough deadline of 1/11/19. I will accept no less than 4 characters, and no more than 8

Last edited by Master of Monsters; 12-28-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3308
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
This looks like a cool game, I'll start thinking up a character.

Well, there's not much, but I like colouring in things, can we also spitball ideas about organisations outside of our characters?

If you think that's an insane plan, we don't hang out enough.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 12-28-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
So is this going to be set in the world of Aetaltis? or another world. Some basis would be nice, a major city or two.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:23 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
So is this going to be set in the world of Aetaltis? or another world. Some basis would be nice, a major city or two.
I am sorry, I forgot to mention this. I am still knocking the rust off of myself, and for that I am sorry. While I will be using the Heros of Thornwall for a basic outline, the campaign will take place in Fearun along the northern sword coast. Luskan in the north west, Waterdeep to the south west, The Moon wood for the north east and The High Woods for south east. We will focus in that rough square of the map, but could easily end up else where if the game heads that way.

Basically I will be using the module as a first adventure option, and from there will start to flesh out with custom adventures and dungeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
This looks like a cool game, I'll start thinking up a character.

Well, there's not much, but I like colouring in things, can we also spitball ideas about organisations outside of our characters?
Feel free to contact me with any ideas you might have and we can build from there.

Last edited by Master of Monsters; 12-28-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:38 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Contagious Contagious
Any restriction on races, classes, number of traits, alignment, etc? Should we use Faerun deities if we go with a class that requires them? I am assuming that we should try to keep it to races that exist in the Faerun setting, or does that matter? Guns exist yet? I know they do in the setting, depending on the year.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Monsters
I am sorry, I forgot to mention this. I am still knocking the rust off of myself, and for that I am sorry. While I will be using the Heros of Thornwall for a basic outline, the campaign will take place in Fearun along the northern sword coast. Luskan in the north west, Waterdeep to the south west, The Moon wood for the north east and The High Woods for south east. We will focus in that rough square of the map, but could easily end up else where if the game heads that way.

Basically I will be using the module as a first adventure option, and from there will start to flesh out with custom adventures and dungeons.
It happens, just wanted to see where we were going to be before starting to brainstorm concepts.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:07 AM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagious View Post
Any restriction on races, classes, number of traits, alignment, etc? Should we use Faerun deities if we go with a class that requires them? I am assuming that we should try to keep it to races that exist in the Faerun setting, or does that matter? Guns exist yet? I know they do in the setting, depending on the year.
No restrictions on races/classes/alignment/flavor based things. Yes use fearun deities. If the race exists outside of forgotten realms, give me a heads up first. I am undecided on guns, so I'll say no to them right now and revisit it in the campaign. If you get selected and want to revisit guns before we start that would be fine(or anyone else)

Two traits will be allowed.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Name:
Baron Semdi

Race:
Alternate Racial Traits: Shadowhunter, Magic Resistant, Death’s EndDwarf
Class:
Bone spirit with an Ioun Wyrd Spirit animalShaman

BasicsAppearance: Baron is slightly taller than a normal dwarf, at five feet tall, but weights almost a hundred pounds less, at about a hundred pounds. His head is mostly shaven save for a band the goes from the middle of his forehead back to the base of his skull and hangs slightly lower than his shoulders in a pony tail with bits of bone and beads woven tightly into the black mane. His beard is the standard size for a dwarf just becoming an adult, that is it hangs just above his pecks, and is also woven with bones and beads. His eyes are sunken into his head, a feature that's mostly hidden by his cloak, but are a grey almost soulless color and indeed many would say that Baron has no soul but a few have seen the true fire that blazes behind his eyes. Runic tattoos cover the bald parts of Barons head as well as his shoulders and arms, all in a dark blue grey ink.

He wears a set of Lamellar armor most of the time, never know when the dead will rise he often says when asked why he wares it all the time. Over that he wears a black sheep skin cloak with a hood that shadows his face enough that you can't really make out his eyes, the cloak has silver trim with blue runes embroidered on it. A pair of thick leather boots adorn his feet and as worn as they are its easy to see they are well made and cared for. His weapon of choice is a weighted spear, a staff with a spear head on one end and a thick metal ball on the other like a mace. Its shaft is made of black wood with traces of grey in lines spiraling around it, from the spear end there are bones, and bits of fur dangling.

Personality:
Baron seems cold when you first meet him and often has more respect for the dead than the living. He gives off a cold creepy vibe but if you can get past that he's not a bad guy and strives to make the world a better place with his actions. People would likely call him a hypocrite if they knew he practiced necromancy but his respect for the dead is for the soul, which has passed on to be judged by the spirits, not the body left to rot in the ground. That being said he will not abide people using the bodies of the dead for evil purposes....like smuggling. Baron is a caring person to those who he calls friend and would do everything in his power to ensure there safety, indeed this extends to those he doesn't know if they get in a deadly situation.

Background, Family, Friends, and Networks oh my!Family information:
Father- Gared Moor- Deceased- Was a Gravekeeper
Mother- Sharon Moor- Vanished- Was a medicine women
Older Brother- Dreek Moor- Deceased- no occupation but was training to be a town guard
Younger Sister- Marion Moor- Deceased?- no occupation only seven at time of death

Professional network:
Kirik Grey- Alive- A small time gang leader that has a deal with Baron to hide loot in the graveyard as long as they don't disturb the dead.- Friendlyish
Momon Doggrin- Alive- Local guardsmen who is often sent to deal with Baron when they need someone buried- Professional friend
Vahn Kale- Alive- Local crime boss who hates Baron after he caused a loss in contraband that was being smuggled in corpses- They hate each other
Morgan Creed- Alive- A local barmaid who, for reasons unknown, is in love with Baron- Secret love that is unknown to Baron
Jordan Phall- Alive?- A traveling merchant who Baron saved from some undead- Honor debt/friendship

Childhood:
Baron had what he considered a normal childhood, as normal as you could being raised by a grave keeper and medicine women anyway. His older brother was training to join the guard and Baron would often follow him and watch all while writing notes in his book that he kept with him at all time. Dreek, Baron's older brother, often ate more than his share...taking Barons' portion sometimes which caused Baron to develop oddly. He wasn't as strong as normal kids but to make up for this he noticed more and could often point out problems in his brother's fighting styles before the instructor could. People called him gifted to his face and strange when his back was turned. His sunken complexion and thin body was unnatural for a dwarf and caused some to ridicule him. As he grew he found himself taking walks through the graveyard and out the back into the forest and that's where he would let his frustrations out where no one could hear him....or so he thought. One day after venting about losing an apple to Dreek a voice on the wind spoke to him. While this would have frightened most people Baron found it fascinating.

After many days of conversations he learned that the voice was the spirit of bone, a keeper of the dead and undead. It guided Baron with advice, though Baron didn't know why, and showed him the ways of magic both benevolent and malevolent and how they could be used to make the world a better place. Soon Baron was gone so often that his family began to take notice and Baron knew that he was going to have to tell them when he was asked about where he was going. Baron went to the window and opened the shutters giving a call and a few moments later a being of floating bone coated rock came through. His mother gasped "A spirit." his father looked confused, his brother drew a weapon, his sister just smiled. Baron explained that he had been conversing with a spirit of bone and was given this creature, named Malask, as a guide. It took an hour or more of explaining to get his father to understand, though his mother understood and accepted it without much question.

The next few years Baron was guided by the spirits. They guided him back to the forest one night, telling him that he was in danger. Puzzled Baron sat in the forest for hours trying to figure out what they meant before heading home. When he returned home he found his house on fire and surrounded by guards. Baron screamed when he found out that his family had been attacked by undead, the guards had found his brother and father dead and being eaten by zombies. There were so many undead that in order to protect the town the guards had locked the doors and set the building ablaze. Tears filled his eyes as he fell to his knees watching the flames but the spirits assured him that all was as it was supposed to be and that the pain would subside in time. The spirits had never lead him astray before but he gave himself the time to watch as the flame ate everything that he knew. Dawn brought the end of the flames and a new Baron.

After vanishing from the town for several weeks, where he was communing with the spirits, Baron returned on the day of his birth. Now the age of twenty he was forced to become an adult long before a normal dwarf should. He spoke to several people in the town, including the mayor who was dreading not having someone to dig graves, and set himself upon the path of work his father did. The mayor was so grateful, and sorry for Baron's loss, he had a small home built near the graveyard. The next twenty years flew by as Baron tended not only the graves but the spirits of those who needed help moving on. During these years he made a few friends, and some enemies but he knew that he needed to stay and tend the grave....even if he didn't understand the reason why the spirits would want this of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Baron Semdi.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	78755  

Last edited by Rylus; 01-04-2019 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2142
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Running a few ideas in my head
Old 12-30-2018, 01:50 AM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
How do you feel about the Occult Rules?

They're a long-time love of mine, but it's hard to find people willing to deal with some of their peculiarities. I'm not planning on diving hard into complex stuff like leylines or Occult Rituals, but some of the mental stuff would be involved (thinking some form of Psychic).

Just back from honeymoon, Please be patient :)
Old 12-30-2018, 05:14 AM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
I am not familiar with occult, is there an srd reference I can view? I will likely approve it

Last edited by Master of Monsters; 12-30-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:39 AM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Here ya go

It's literally just a heading on the d20pfsrd.com site, too. Scroll down and you'll see the "Occult Classes" section.

Essentially just an alternate casting dynamic, focusing on emotional and mental stuff rather than divine/arcane.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:13 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Have at it, I'll be fine with those
Old 12-30-2018, 03:50 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 886
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
I very recently just got into Pathfinder and I love the whole open-world fleshed out feeling it has. I'm definitely looking for more games, so count me as interested! I think I have a character concept in mind for this one, so I'mma start working on that!
Muinor
right-aligned image

Name: Muinor
Race: Elf
Class: Warden
Alignment: CG

Description: Muinor is slightly taller than the average elf, and a lot bulkier in terms of meat on his bones, but despite that, he's very agile and quick on his feet. He has black hair that goes down to to his upper back, split at the sides to reveal his characteristic ears. He's distinguished quite easily by the tattoos on his face, a mark of honour for him since it signifies he was part of a special operations unit in the elvish military. He has little scars on his face, but a few on his upper body and one scar along the length of his upper right arm from a sword. Muinor wears simple gear, standard studded leather armour from his time in the military, a hooded cloak, and sparse else.

Personality: Muinor is a calm and collected individual. It takes a lot to shake him, and only a few things in his life have shaken him to any significant degree. He is the type of elf with a constant smile on his face despite all the hardships he faced, believing wholeheartedly that whatever happens will eventually work out. Because he's going to fix it and make it better. He takes things in stride, and because he's lived for so long, events don't usually have much of an effect on him. Many see him as aloof because of this, but it's simply because he knows in time he will either get past it or it'll find a way to fix itself.

He is also the type of person that's very traditional and old-fashioned. Elves, although very traditional due to their long lives, are slowly beginning to change due to the climate around them, and Muinor is adamant that he stick to the old elvish practices he grew up on. Rituals that he knows are meaningless, but give him a sense of purpose and grounding are paramount to him.

Many would also say that he's somewhat apathetic, but that's simply because he's reserved. Having grown up and raised around elves, they value composure and poise more than the expression of emotions, and often see the expression of high emotions in public as rude and a sign that one lacks self control. These traditions and ideas are instilled deep within him, especially since it's so closely upheld in the elvish military where one cannot show anything except a passive face to their officers. To his personal friends and those he considers brothers and sisters, he is far more loose and open with his emotional expression, smiling freely and even willing to cry in front of them. Otherwise, even when he jokes, he offers little more than a simple smile.

Backstory

Character Information
Parents:
  • Morfinnion - Father - Alive/Merchant
  • Lisendae - Mother - Alive/Soldier
Siblings:
  • Calafindor - Brother - Alive/Merchant
  • Kaelanor - Brother - Alive/Mercenary
  • Nisseria - Sister - Alive/Part of the Elvish Merchant's Guild
  • Previous - Soldier
  • Current - Sellsword
Contacts:
  • Joren Gras - A seedy merchant that often needs favours
  • Eron Trek - A fence
  • Triston Hurr - Underground weapons dealer, heavy drunk
  • Heron Dell - A courtier

Last edited by Torack; 12-31-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:02 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
Lastly, what level do you plan on reaching with this? I love Psychic, but it really doesn't hit it's stride until around lvl 7.