RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-31-2018, 03:42 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I found this site for the weight of a tank with water. 10 foot x 10 foot, with water, would be around 66 thousand pounds!
Oh dear. That's 25 horses. Anyone feel like inventing a modern diesel engine?

Oooh, ooh, I forgot about the "Find Vehicle" UA spell!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:50 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16769
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
Sounds interesting. Won't the group basically be an adventuring party though? It will follow around PC on his adventures, but they'll all have class levels and abilities and obviously be trying to keep him alive.

Death Dog or Pseudodragon look good at first glance. Will Pseudodragon invisibility be too OP?
As for the adventure, the initial one-shot involves rescuing Dangerous Dave. If the group decides to keep laying after that, well, we will see how it plays out. Sidekicks to get jobs to do too. Invisibility is fine. At the end of the day, balance will be centered around the PCs capabilities. Given that at most we are working with CR1 base stats, I don't think we will have anything too crazy. No polymorph capable pixies have come up yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Question for fearless leader: could the Alter Self spell be used to invert the Aquatic Adaptation use? IE, giving an aquatic creature the ability to breathe air and a walking speed equal to their swimming speed.

Also, how many draft horses would it take to pull a wagon with a 10/10/10 aquarium?
So like, your an awakened octopus. I would think you would have found some kind of fishbowl that can sit on your head and keep you breathing, and probably have rollerskates, a cart to sit on, or some other mechanical 'mount' to help zip around on the land with. Will figure it out.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
You could sew up a rubber suit, put it inside Tin Man, and fill it with water... wala, instant fishbowl that walks. :P
Old 12-31-2018, 08:15 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelogan View Post
So like, your an awakened octopus. I would think you would have found some kind of fishbowl that can sit on your head and keep you breathing, and probably have rollerskates, a cart to sit on, or some other mechanical 'mount' to help zip around on the land with. Will figure it out.
How about "Find Vehicle"? Does a second-level spell slot provide enough handwavium to get me a 30 movespeed set of robot crab legs topped with a kiddiepool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIniSchnauzer View Post
You could sew up a rubber suit, put it inside Tin Man, and fill it with water... wala, instant fishbowl that walks. :P
Except Podrik is the size of a horse.

Last edited by Phil; 12-31-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
How about "Find Vehicle"? Does a second-level spell slot provide enough handwavium to get me a 30 movespeed set of robot crab legs topped with a kiddiepool?
It is a weird spell. In the main text, it gives no bounds on the size, capacity or speed of the vehicle, only stating that it must be a non-military land vehicle. But then, it also goes on and gives specifics for size when cast at a higher level. Probably some sloppy editing on that UA article. I mean, the example in text they give is a fiendish looking SUV.

I think we will have to list a specific vehicle that can work with the spell, that Podrik would be familiar with, that could drive itself. Speed at 30 seems reasonable, if not slow for a vehicle though. Will figure it out.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:45 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
I think its intended to be used with d20 modern's list of vehicles. So the limit would be built into that list, but it would include options like "moving truck" which can carry quite a bit of weight.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:32 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1036
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
OMG that's a hilarious picture. Maybe the car is just filled with water, so he's basically sitting in water while driving it around.

Can't an octopus breathe out of water though? It's just that they get dried out, so they return to water to hydrate. *checks* Okay, so they can last for about an hour out of sea water.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1918
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Great. So he just needs a Decanter of Endless Water to carry around, for when he needs a breath of fresh water. Then give him a pony to ride, and he's set.

Last edited by timplausible; 01-01-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:41 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6771
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Pic done. Looks like a horse's head on top of a lady's body who is wearing a baseball catcher's bid and wearing the most jacked up high heels ever. It kept getting worse when I tried to doctor it in paint, so I just quit. The feet looked different in my mind, and I wanted a slimmer look and a head less like the Broncos emblem, but it is what it is.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:20 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Pic done. Looks like a horse's head on top of a lady's body who is wearing a baseball catcher's bid and wearing the most jacked up high heels ever. It kept getting worse when I tried to doctor it in paint, so I just quit. The feet looked different in my mind, and I wanted a slimmer look and a head less like the Broncos emblem, but it is what it is.
It looks good!!
Old 01-02-2019, 06:35 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 327
Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash
Name: Ember the Imp
Class: Expert
Race: Imp

Looks
Ember is a small imp, he is just 2ft tall. He has large (For his size) bat like wings with little ripps and holes in them he can still fly. He has tiny little horns on the top of his head. He is very darkly coulored his scales are black as coal. With a obsidian sheen to them. He has pirecing yellow eyes which glow. He can also dim them to hide i the shadows. He has a little snske like tail with a very sharp point at the end of two forks. He has a very lean build to him. He wears very dark clothing to hide and blend in. He has some bland jewelry made from claws teeth and bones of his kills. On noteable necklace is one made with a thin bit of leather, on it there is 5 goblin claws. That intertwine these are the claws of the goblins, who brought Dave and Ember together. When he is in his animal forms they each have there own quirks. His raven form has a crack in the beak and some tail feathers missing. His rat form has half his tail missing he like to be a black rat mostly. And his spider form he likes to become a black widow as he likes the deadlyness of them.

Ember the imp
Ember is a smart little imp. Who has changed his ways by some magicle means he does not understand. He is no longer evil, he is not good ether. He is just nutreal. He was wandering the material plane. When he met a strange man by the name of dangerous dave. The man was going to strike the little imp down. The man sliped on the first strike. This gave Ember time to talk to the man amd explaine what has happened to him. Them man took a lot of convincing. After the talk the man left Ember was not part of the team yet. Later that same day Ember heared crys of battle. He saw dave being ambushed by 5 goblins. Who had caught dave in a net. Ember thought i spared my life at least i can do, is the same. So Ember turned invisible and cut the net just enough for dave to break free. Ember then stole Daves equipment (just a dagger) to give to the man. "now we are even." Ember wispered to Dave. However the Ember forgot he was no longer visible after giving the dagger to Dave. So the Goblins attacked them. They were no match for Ember and Dave working as a team. After that Ember has been apart of Daves team ever since. Ember is the scout of the team as he wears dark clothing with no symbols to blend in. He can also turn invesible, or into diffrent tiny beasts. If there is a place that needs scouting. Ember goes he is a friendly little imp. Who is just misunderstood, he just wants to collect shiny things. He is a kleptomaniac. He only steals from "bad" people who can live without the money.

Code:
  ^_-_^
  [*_*]
} (   ) {
  /   \~~~~>
OOC
Can i do ascii art? I need help with my skill proficiency list as the imp has +5 stealth already but only has +3 dex i put expertise in it do i make it +9 (using the +5+4 or +7?)
Also the imp can wear equipment as it states under the invesible ablity "The imp magically turns invisible until it attacks or until its concentration ends (as if concentrating on a spell). Any equipment the imp wears or carries is invisible with it." so can it have proficiency with simple weapons and light armour?
Also i can't upload drawings so i did the ascii route as i have done in other threads. I hope its ok. The imp has shapechange however it only changes the imps speed type no other changes. I made him nutral instead of evil. (I explained this vaguely as a magical effect that chanced him for the better.)

Info: Posts will be normal for now

Last edited by Chattydash; 01-03-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelogan View Post
It is a weird spell. In the main text, it gives no bounds on the size, capacity or speed of the vehicle, only stating that it must be a non-military land vehicle. But then, it also goes on and gives specifics for size when cast at a higher level. Probably some sloppy editing on that UA article. I mean, the example in text they give is a fiendish looking SUV.

I think we will have to list a specific vehicle that can work with the spell, that Podrik would be familiar with, that could drive itself. Speed at 30 seems reasonable, if not slow for a vehicle though. Will figure it out.
A wagon is a vehicle, just saying... just need draft horses to pull it.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:09 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 327
Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash Chattydash
Quote:
Question for fearless leader: could the Alter Self spell be used to invert the Aquatic Adaptation use? IE, giving an aquatic creature the ability to breathe air and a walking speed equal to their swimming speed.

Also, how many draft horses would it take to pull a wagon with a 10/10/10 aquarium?
Why not have a tank like backpack with water in it and use shape water to make a slipy slide to move on. Or have a helmet with water in like spongebob does in sandys treehouse. As for a cart just have a skateboard like thing (you know like the little trolly cart things mechanics use to move on.
Info: Posts will be normal for now

Last edited by Chattydash; 01-02-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattydash View Post
OOC
Can i do ascii art? I need help with my skill proficiency list as the imp has +5 stealth already but only has +3 dex i put expertise in it do i make it +9 (using the +5+4 or +7?)
Also the imp can wear equipment as it states under the invesible ablity "The imp magically turns invisible until it attacks or until its concentration ends (as if concentrating on a spell). Any equipment the imp wears or carries is invisible with it." so can it have proficiency with simple weapons and light armour?
Also i can't upload drawings so i did the ascii route as i have done in other threads. I hope its ok. The imp has shapechange however it only changes the imps speed type no other changes. I made him nutral instead of evil. (I explained this vaguely as a magical effect that chanced him for the better.)
ASCII art is fine. In the Imp Stat block, those skills listed are ones the Imp is already proficient in, BEFORE taking on a sidekick class. So, going with the Expert, you get an additional 5 skills, making it 9 total that it will be proficient in. Expertise adds double the proficiency bonus, not the stat modifier. Proficiency at level 3 is +2, so expertise in Stealth would make it +7.

I'm being flexible on the 'if humanoid' clause in the rules and saying that if you have limbs and a torso that are shaped like that of a humanoid, you can gain those proficiencies. I will probably say 'no' to the extra tool proficiencies though.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Whether I get picked or not... just making the concept was fun.