RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3584
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Tor
left-aligned image

Torstrim Velkeni

Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Monk9/Warlock2 (Way of Shadows/Great One)

right-aligned image

Background: Personality Trait: (1) I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals
that are unfamiliar to those around me.
Personality Trait: (2)I have different assumptions from those around me
concerning personal space, blithely invading others' space in innocence
Bond: So long as I have this token from my homeland, I can face any
adversity in this strange land.
Ideal: Inquisitive. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn. (Neutral)
Flaw:I have a weakness for the exotic beauty of the people of these lands.
Far Traveller (SCAG)

History: The Shade Monastery had been operating on the coastal edge of Sossal for three generations. Though an imported sect, it seemed to integrate easily into the northmen's culture and most took their presence as a positive influence, taking in orphans and children not suitable for the hard work of the coastal communities and aiding in the defense of the lands when necessary. Followers of the Shade believe in the balancing power of darkness as humans are so subservient to the light and daytime. By balancing these two, harmony is achieved and one can walk through the world without a silencesound or invisibilitysight or pass without tracedisturbing a mote of dust.

Torstrim was one of the children taken in by the monks. He showed an aptitude at a very young age for the agility needed for the rigorous training and his parents freely sent him to live with them. In time, they had more children and the visits became fewer and fewer until his only family became those men and women of the monastery. He spent 18 years, well into adulthood, training with them until dark omens came over Sossal and the mad Barbarian King Gostal turned on the monks as a scapegoat. Few monks survived when the King attacked with his army and those that did we're hunted down. Torstrim fled south across the Great Glacier to escape the genocide.

*See epic magic item*

After years in the twisting tunnels under the glacier, voices whispered that he should seek out a land to the south to await the coming of the Great One. It was only after he left that place that Torstrim was able to remember who he was and his life before. He made his way to Cormyr and resolved to do good and resume his training as a Shade Monk. Still, the stone was with him and the knowledge he had unearthed could not be unlearned. He continues to this day to balance the dark secrets with positive action even as the stone mumbles and whispers in this mind.

RP Sample:
Recruitment"Torstrim Velkeni!" The wind of the place seemed to swallow up Elgrin's words and he shrugged his cloak closer around his neck against the cold. Looking around the ruin it was hard to tell it was inhabited at all. Stones still littered the courtyard of the old watchtower where they had fallen centuries ago.

The king's emmissary took a few more steps in the place and opened his mouth to try on more time when Tor spoke at his shoulder and made him jump out of his skin. "Welcome." The thin monk rotated around the man within a foot of him with hands clasped behind his back. Despite the cold, his white arms were bare and he seemed unfazed by the environment.

Elgrin took a step back and then another at the sudden appearance and closeness of Torstrim. The monk followed step for step as if in a dance keeping his uncomfortable distance, a bemused grin on his face. Elgrin tripped on one of the fallen stones in his backpetalling and began to tumble before a steady hand grabbed him and helped him sit down." I am Torstrim. Come, let me get you some water and you can tell me why you've come all this way."

AdditionalWhy were you chosen by the king?: The task at hand is great and the King cast a wide net looking for heroes to do it. When an emissary from the capital reached the Baron of High Castle, he suggested Torstrim.

Epic Magic item: On his long exodus south across the Great Glacier, Torstrim was swallowed by an ice crevasse. His monk abilities saved him from death and at the bottom of this seemingly bottomless chasm, he found and ancient and twisted place of moving walls and floors that seemed to thrum with the vibrations of an eldrich heartbeat. Alien voices echoed across the eons of time and beckoned him to one of the inner chambers past many timeless creatures that still roamed its halls. There he found the body of an ancient being he later knew to be a mind flayer. The chamber was decorated in swirling glyphs that moved as his eyes lost their focus on them. In the dead creature's hands was the The Stone of Dreaming (Ioun Stone of Reserve) Gul'khim Fhtagn. As he picked up the stone, it squirmed in his hands and reshaped into a perfect cube of black onyx. Within it, he could feel the magic of the place and it began to mumble and gibber through the tissues of his mind in the strange language that had called to him through the halls. In those chambers, he unlocked secrets unwittingly. The Stone wanted him to.

Stronghold: Torstrim lives most of the time in an abandoned watchtower that lies in the shadow of the Thunderpeaks except when the pull of the towns of the Dale is too strong. It was granted to him by the Baron of High Castle for deeds done in his service. He spends his time reconstructing the fallen walls, hoping to one day have it serve as a Shade Monastery. A curse was cast on the watchtower, leading to its abandonment. Snows and foul chill winds blow long after the snows of the peaks have begun to melt. It suits Torstrim however, as it reminds him of home.

Prior Relationships: TBD

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-06-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
I do not. Is it something from DMguild? Considering this is a high level adventure I don't want to introduce 3rd party builds into it.
Cover on the book says;
TPK Games
The Fighter Folio
A Class Reference Guide and New Fighter Options!
5E Compatible
By Brian Berg and Mark A. Hart

Flipping thru the book, the levels, Proficiency Bonus, Class Levels all the same as the PHB, Only difference is, the book has more feats, backgrounds, archtypes, and fighting styes to choose from. Also a few new equipment and weapons, but nothing powerful, pretty much in tune with PHB.

If you want, I can also e-mail you the file as I gotten the file first before I ordered the book. You may need Dropbox if you want me to e-mail you the file.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 750
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Treggor Mynth
Race: Human
Class: Rogue 6 + Barbarian 5 dip
Alignment: chaotic neutral
Background: Sailor(pirate)

History: Treggor is the captain of the Raucous Dawn, as much an ongoing drunken brawl at sea as a proper pirate ship. He and his crew are infamous for all manner of mischief and property damage, both on the waters and in port, but they've also been known to plunder other pirates, hunt sea monsters, and bring heavy purses to wherever they dock. As such, though they're a lawless and mostly self-serving lot, they're tolerated. Even still, they're the subject of much fear and legend, and many folk resign to clean up after them rather than try to resist them.

Treggor himself is a proud man with a loud mouth and a hot temper. Though he's a cunning thief and a clever fighter, there's not much he likes more than getting drunk and trashing a tavern. He's always up for a good fist-fight and legend says he can take a punch better than any other man, drunk or sober. He also loves his ship and is fiercely loyal to his crew. That said, he requires a certain code of honor from his shipmates and is said to have slain his own men when they've crossed the line.

It's rumored that Treggor was a sailor aboard the Merchant's Lament when it was attacked by a wicked sea serpent and the rest of the crew was lost. Some say he still hunts the foul beast to this day; others say he killed it in one of his many adventures at sea; the important part of the story is that the creature crossed the wrong man as no monster in the deep could match the terrible wrath of Treggor Mynth, the most fearsome captain in Cormyr. Which is perhaps why he was summoned by name to have audience with King Foril himself.

About Me: I've been doing PbP for something like 5 years now, but I just came to this site recently. I've probably been in 30+ games over the years, most of which fizzled but several actually completed. I have the most experience with Pathfinder, but I've dabbled in several other systems.

About Treggor: I've played this character in two other 5e games that didn't last. The concept and the build are basically the same. He's tough, rowdy, skilled, and dangerous.
He plays as a frontliner, engaging enemies head on. But he also brings a rogue's expertise with him, so he has a lot more to offer than just his blades.

Draft

Last edited by AlphaZ; 01-05-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3446
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Cover on the book says;
TPK Games
The Fighter Folio
A Class Reference Guide and New Fighter Options!
5E Compatible
By Brian Berg and Mark A. Hart

Flipping thru the book, the levels, Proficiency Bonus, Class Levels all the same as the PHB, Only difference is, the book has more feats, backgrounds, archtypes, and fighting styes to choose from. Also a few new equipment and weapons, but nothing powerful, pretty much in tune with PHB.

If you want, I can also e-mail you the file as I gotten the file first before I ordered the book. You may need Dropbox if you want me to e-mail you the file.
Sorry, I really don't want to introduce anything 3rd party.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:08 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Application = Talaira Graytalon
right-aligned image

Name: Talaira Graytalon
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Druid
Alignment: Chaotic Good

extrasWhy were you chosen by the king?: Talaira and her sentinels had once helped the King's soldiers fight against a group of trolls that wandered into Cormyr and decided to settle down just inside the forest. Talaira and her tribesmen decided that they were too close to their village for their liking, and launched an attack from the shadows of the forest as the King's army charged in from outside. The operation was a great success, and the King invited Talaira and the tribe elders to a feast to celebrate afterwards, where Talaira's prowess on the battlefield was praised by many.

Epic Magic item: This was given to Talaira by her mother, who claimed that it was a family heirloom. Quaal's Feather Token - Wondrous Item, Rare

This tiny object looks like a feather. Different types of feather tokens exist, each with a different single-use effect. The GM chooses the kind of token or determines it randomly.

OOC: DM, I thought something like this would work well as the family heirloom, and you can even decide which type of feather it would be. My choice would be a feather that summons a roc or a Tree, but I will let you decide.

Stronghold: The village of Swift Fox Tribe is nestled within the forest of Cormyr, centered in the small opening known as Tripond Glade. Talaira and her parents lives in the small hut that is built on the bottom of massive oak tree.

OOC: DM, if this setting doesn't work, I'm fine with tweaking the details to fit the world better.

Prior relationships: Talaira was one of the druids that tumbled upon nearly-dead Aymere Vaeloran in 1463, while they were on their way to one of the druids gatherings held in the forest of Cormanthor every few years.

Last edited by ElvenMaiden; 01-08-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
Sorry, I really don't want to introduce anything 3rd party.
No biggie, I am fine either way, now I can finish my character in a day or two.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
WIP

right-aligned image
Name: Ser Bryan duBois-Gilbert, Awakened of Lathander
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Paladin-6/Warlock(Celestial)-5
Alignment: NG
Background: Acolyte

Ser Bryan of the Order of Aster, a brother-knight and of some renown was chosen by the king to accompany a group of adventurers The holy spellsword was to discover the truth behind the alliance of giants and the guiding hand behind them.

Prior relationships: Prior relationships with other characters can be worked out eventually.

Last edited by MIniSchnauzer; 01-06-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2172
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
KeliasPicture:
Name: Kelias
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Paladin 7/Bard 4
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Acolyte
History: Kelias was born to a noble family in Cormyr, and pushed toward the priesthood as his family were servants of Tyr. While he did not lack in devotion, he struggled with the rigorous study of scripture. His talent for combat and leadership was soon noted, and he trained as a Paladin of Tyr, serving in the Purple Dragons to protect his homeland.

After several years, he gradually found his fervor waning. While his cause was as righteous as ever, he grew weary of the destruction he left in his wake. His approach struck fear in the hearts of villains, but no one rejoiced in seeing him. Eventually, he stumbled across a temple of Milil, and had occasion to stay with them a few days. What he saw astonished him. They were... happy. Where his devotion was a grim duty to endure, the servants of Milil rejoiced in theirs.

At the first opportunity, Kelias took leave of his duty, and threw himself into the study of art, music, and poetry. He found his soul renewed, and his joy restored. While he did not denounce Tyr, he swore his first allegiance to Milil. He vowed that no matter how grisly his duty, he would leave each place more beautiful than he found it.

The temple where he studies also hosts an orphanage, and one of the children there, a 12-year-old girl named Jenice, has captured his heart. He considers her his adopted daughter, and he is training her in both the sword and the lyre. When he is on the road, he frequently sends her scraps of poetry that he discovers in the course of his travels.

Roleplay Sample: Kelias languidly plucked the strings on his lyre, filling the tavern with a soft, sad tune. The patrons watched in rapt attention, eyes twinkling with tears, as the last note faded into silence.

The rival troubadour broke the silence with a smirk. "Not bad. But I had in mind something a little more... lively." He pulled his bow across the fiddle strings, and the tavern erupted into dance music, and within moments the barmaid and a tipsy dwarf were twirling about the room.

Kelias laughed, having clearly lost the duel, and began plucking his own instrument to accompany the bard. More patrons began dancing, spinning about the room, drunk on music and mead. The weariness of battle had fled fom Kelias, and he began prancing around as he played, weaving in and out of the circle of dancers.

Why were you chosen by the king?: Kelias is formerly of the Purple Dragons, and has a reputation for valor and righteousness. He resigned his commission two years ago to engage in personal study, but has begun adventuring again lately.
Epic Magic item: Kelias' sword, a Sunblade named Arpeggio was commissioned for him by the priests of Milil upon the completion of his study with them. When swung, it sounds out notes of sweet music. In battle, the notes flow up and down as if playing a song, creating beauty even as it kills.
Stronghold: While he still spends a great deal of time traveling and adventuring, Kelias calls home a temple of Melil on the shores of Wyvernwater Lake. In his spare time, he trains the priests there in battle, writes poetry and song, and helps care for the orphans that have been taken in.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 489
Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe
Durrant
right-aligned image

Name: Durrant Knurlthargen (Stoneflesh)
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Soldier
History:
Personality Trait- I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal- Clan duty. My people are all that matter.
Bond- Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw- I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.

Durrant Knurlthargen was raised on stories of war and glory. While his father was a humble brew-master his grandfather, Dulrik, was a legend among the Stoneflesh clan and beyond. Dulrik filled his grandson's head with honor, glory, and battle. A harsh dwarf who was old enough to remember some of the wars with elves and men he had little respect for those who did not battle.

Durrant followed in his grandfather's footsteps, joining the military before he even reached 50. As he grew in stature and skill he soon made a name for himself as a warrior with no fear of the enemy regardless of size or numbers. His rise in rank was due less to his tactical acumen and more to his ability to bolster his troops through sheer force of will. There were times as a Sargent when he and his elite troop were left to hold the line against unthinkable odds until reinforcements could arrive.

Eventually peace of a sort settled over the land and there were no more wars to fight. Sure the orcs and goblins always needed to be thinned, but that was a job for young ones to sharpen their teeth on. Durrant and some of his closest companions set off to find greater challenges for themselves. A campaign to eradicate trolls from the foothills of their mountain home. A dragon hunt. Even a journey into long forgotten caverns sealed before the time of their grandfathers to face the monstrosities locked away so long ago. Such adventures were not without their toll however, and one by one Durrant's party was thinned down. The last 3 survivors of Durrant's band, having traveled together nearly 100 years, retired to their respective homes. Durrant has spent the last 37 years in quiet solitude having belatedly taken up his father's craft of brewing.

Now a threat to all the civilized races has come from one of the dwarves' oldest enemies, the giants, and Durrant once more dons armor and maul taking up the call to arms at the request of his clan's elders.

Roleplay Sample:

Durrant tried to remain respectful, "Surely you can work together with our cousin clans long enough to front a small force to aid the humans." Seeing the impassive faces of those he addressed he added a bit more forcefully, "Or send your guard."

"Durrant try to understand..."Glagrak began.

"What I understand!" he interrupted starting to lose his composure, "is that I have been at peace these last few decades, short though they seem. And now you want to banish me from my hearth and home back into wide empty spaces and cursed brightness of the sun! As if the fact I protected this clan for a century means nothing..."

Glagrak shook his head and waited for his friend's anger to pass. "We cannot send our armies from the mountains. You know the greenskins' ranks have been swelling again and they will press any advantage they see. Besides, our young troops are trained for fighting orc and goblin in the confines of tunnel or craggy cliff. No one under 100 has dealt with a troll, let alone a giant. You know the world, despite your self-reclusion and you have faced creatures and dangers most have not. What the humans need is not another battalion, what they need are hardened warriors who can travel fast and kill this threat at its source!"

If any of the other elders had tried to send him on this fool errand Durrant would laughed in their face, craftsmen and puffed up merchants who spent more time above ground than in the mountain. But Glagrak was truly his senior, both in age and in rank and they had served together in the army. He sighed, knowing he would not refuse his friend's request. "Of course we will compensate you," one of the other elders began, thinking he was helping but the stony stare he met shut him up. And then Durrant smiled. The sudden change in demeanor unnerved those who didn't know him well. "Aye, you'll compensate me. No one has wielded Sabrakrorn since my grandfather. Bring me the War Breaker and I will go kill your giants."

ExtrasWhy were you chosen by the king?: Technically Durrant wasn't chosen by the king, though the king's father was familiar with him. When the king sent word to his dwarven allies for reinforcements he was expecting military aid. Troops, supplies, something. What the clan sent him was Durrant.

Epic Magic item: Sabrakrorn (War Breaker) Vicious Weapon, Dwarf Made, War Leader Property, Loud Quirk
(Hopefully I did this part correctly)

Stronghold: Durrant lives in a rather large home deep within the mountains, though most of the space is taken up by enormous brewing vats and scores of barrels. After years on the road he enjoys simple pleasures, a warm hearth, a small private space, someplace to hang his helm.

Prior relationships: Anyone who was publicly adventuring 50 years ago may have met Durrant. He may even have known the parents or other relatives of current party members as he has had dealings with the human kingdom and even met the former king at one occasion.

Last edited by Bigbywolfe; 01-05-2019 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Change Picture size
Old 01-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3507
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
I do believe my application is complete and ready for review.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:20 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
My application is complete as well!

Old 01-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I think my application is complete. Also told the story of epic weapon on DMG page 142-143. I think I did a decent job of it.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3446
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Greetings everyone!

Applications are looking great! I have updated the Applicants list on post #1

I have decided set the date to close applications for January 13th @ 6:00 PM EST. That is next Sunday evening.

Some of you have inserted some very large pictures into your application. For an application this is fine, but just as a suggestion you should use a smaller picture for in game posts

http://www.picresize.com/ is a great resource to shrink your picture and to also cut and do some minor edits.

My favorite picture hosting site is https://imgur.com/

For Character sheets if you are selectedplease use the RPG Crossing's Character Profiler for Sheet Storage found under the Tools tab at the top of your page.

Finally I will not be using any 3rd party sources for this game.

Thank you and happy gaming!
Old 01-05-2019, 11:46 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 489
Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe Bigbywolfe
Application finished and picture resized (sorry, bit new to this forum/format).
Old 01-06-2019, 12:08 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 712
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Shiver LaVerve

Name: Shiver LaVerve
Race: Tiefling
Class: Draconic Sorcerer 8/Lore Bard 3
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Sage

RP Sample and History
I spent the majority of my youth in a small temple occluded by dense forests. I had no memory of how I got there, and the only memory I had of my previous life came in recurring nightmares of being a small child in a burning village and a strange emblem on the banners and robes of the people murdering my parents in front of me. I used to wake up drenched in sweat with the picture of a red snake eating its own tail several times a night. It didn’t make for very peaceful sleep, so I started spending my nights in the temple’s athenaeum, reading everything I could get my tiny red hands on. I suppose if you wanted one explanation of how I know all the strange things I know, that’s one.

For reasons that I suppose are now too obvious to enumerate, I found myself particularly drawn to stories regarding dragons, and taught myself to read and speak Draconic. Once I entered adolescence, I lost interest in hard scholarship and decided it was more fun to read stories for entertainment than for education. After adolescence, I decided it was even more fun to skip reading altogether and just charm the librarians, who happened to know all sorts of entertaining things. I suppose if you wanted another explanation of how I know all the strange things I know, that’s another one.

Of course, everyone has to sleep sometimes, and so I still had the dreams. Not being given overmuch to learning unpleasant truths about my past, I attributed the dreams to my chthonic ancestry and my absentminded habit of snacking on peppercorns that I stole from the larder. Everybody needs a hobby.

At the age of 18, Grand Abbott Khirrish led me down to the temple’s foundations to “induct me into the greater mysteries of the order” and “introduce me to my destiny”. I know this probably sounds to you like he was tempting me into his windowless horse-and-four with offers of free candy, but in my defense, I didn’t know any better at the time. A few minutes later, I found myself in a room full of banners bearing the same strange emblem from my dream: a red snake eating its own tail. That’s when he told me that the Hermetic Order of the Ourobouros had discovered that their god had chosen my soul as Its vanguard of destruction and "cleansing".

It’s possible that I have less faults than I admit, but I freely acknowledge being a bad listener when my ire’s up. And when my ire’s up, things tend to burn. So all I remember for the next few moments is the smell of burning Grand Abbott as he screamed something something . . .“blood of the Firedrake, heart of the Tempter, cleanse this world!” while fire erupted from my hands and mouth.

Long story short, the temple burned down and most of the people inside scattered into the forest that night. On my way out, I made sure to swing by the temple’s vaults and save several of the more important historical and arcane artifacts from the blaze. I’m just that nice a guy. I made sure most of them found their way into the hands of collectors who would provide them with the proper respect and care due to them. One of them, a small ring that looks as though it were made of mercury, remains with me to this day to remind me of where I came from.

Which, in case you came in late, is a super creepy cult that wanted to harvest my soul so their weird god could destroy the world.

That was a few years ago, and I’ve made it a point not to work too hard since then. Turns out there are a lot of people who like hearing the stories I learned as a child, and I don’t have too hard a time finding people to keep me from a few hours’ sleep at night.

And in the interest of transparency, anything you hear about me from that garish hack Canary is a damned lie.

Stronghold: The Thieving Bastard Inn, which is exactly as nice as it sounds. I won it by cheating a slumlord at dice, and after a few renovations I made it into a hangout for bards who need a break from the road. The drinks are strong, the rooms are cheap, and the fights are spectacular. When things get slow enough and I get bored enough to drink, I tell my patrons one of the stories I learned as a child. That's usually enough to get another bard to perform in the spirit of one-upmanship, and then another and then another until the competition brings in curious folks from the street. That's how you get free entertainment at your place.

Magic Items: Ring of Evasion, Quarterstaff of Warning, Luckstone, Boots of Elvenkind

Why was I chosen? I wasn't. I found myself needing an excuse to get out of town for a spell, and one of the king's advisors owes me a favor for a little inconvenience I took care of for him a while back.

Prior Relationships: A clever showman knows how to make useful acquaintances; because I meddle in all kinds of interesting problems, I know all kinds of interesting people.

Last edited by DialPforPickles; 01-07-2019 at 12:27 PM. Reason: updates to finish up