RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 12:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3446
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbywolfe View Post
Application finished and picture resized (sorry, bit new to this forum/format).
Not a problem!

I don't have a problem with them in application threads. Many people use their character picture in their posts during the game and it can get annoying if you see the same pic over and over that takes up over half your screen.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
I too believe my app is complete. If I am mistaken, please tell me what I have missed.

note: I changed the levels of my multiclass.

Last edited by MIniSchnauzer; 01-06-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3584
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
My app is done too! You can find it here.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-06-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5445
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Hrm, a cursory glance shows casters and melee types, but not much in the way of a scout/archer type.

I'll get something up soon.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1802
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Wish I knew 5.0. I Loved this dungeon back in the day when it first came out ….1 or 2ed.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5445
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Vael
left-aligned image
Aymere Vaeloran
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger 8/Rogue 3
Alignment: Good
Role: Wilderness Scout/Ranged Damage/Healing
Background: Noble

Appearance: Tall and lean, Vael's face is gaunt, his eyes hard and piercing. Long silver-white hair rests on his shoulders, tied back in a tight bun when he's expecting combat. Among his many talents, Vael has learned to be adept at creafting disguises, a gift he can augment with magic, so his appearance can change radically if need should demand it. He wears a cloak of elvish make, enchanted to blend in with his surroundings. The longbow he wields appears simple, if high quiality, but closer inspection reveals ancient elfish runes along its arms, marking it as an artifact which predates the fall of Myth Drannor.

Personality: Vael currently lives his life to right the wrongs of his past as best he can, and though his first duty is to the people of the Tangled Vale, his debt to Cormyr is deeply important to him as well. Vael is only now learning to trust, having been on his own for so long. He is a recovering addict, having been a heavy user of a drug called "Dreammist" in his past. He's recently begun to enjoy wine, and has been known to drink it to excess.

History: Once an influential family in Emerald Vale of Cormanthyr, House Vaeloran fled that region when it became infested with green dragons thousands of years ago, finding refuge with the Sun Elves of Myth Drannor and becoming absorbed into their culture and political intrigue. When the dragons had been exterminated hundreds of years later and the ruling elite of Cormantyr attempted to reassert control of the Vale (now called the Tangled Vale) they installed the Vaelorans as the regional lords. The relationship between the Vaelorans and the rest of the Wood Elves of the Vale was always contentious; they had grown too much like the Gold Elves during their time in Myth Drannor. As the empire of Cormanthyr fractured after the fall of Myth Drannor, House Vaeloran found itself without the support of a central government, and though nominally they held on to power for some time, their lands were ceded little by little to the humans of the dales as the elves dwindled in number.

Aymere Vaeloran was born in the year 1274, first son of Prince Jaeske Vaeloran, nominal ruler of what their family still called the Principality of the Emerald Vale. In 1329 Aymere's uncle Kroyan Vaeloran led a coup against Jaeske, killing the Prince while Aymere fled into exile. He was taken in by King Azoun Obarskyr IV of Cormyr, who had friendly relations with the Vaelorans. Though the King offered Aymere protection from Kroyan's assassins, he refused to otherwise involve himself. For decades, Aymere devoted himself to revenge, using the name "Vael" be joined in several expeditions of the now-ruined city of Myth Drannor in attempt to seek out artifacts of power or hidden knowledge he could use against his uncle. On one such journey he encountered the red dragon Narlgathra, and in a moment of weakness he asked to dragon to help him take vengeance on his uncle, offering a wealth of treasure he had accumulated as payment. The dragon accepted, and in 1373 she laid waste to the Tangled Vale, killing not only Kroyan, but most of the population as well. Wracked with guilt, Vael began selling his services as an assassin to human nobles, at first using the coin to rebuild his family's keep in the Tangled Vale, but as the decades passed on more and more of his income was being diverted to a growing Dreammist addiction.

In 1463 Vael nearly died of a Dreammist overdose, and was found comatose by a circle of druids not far from his family's keep. The druids, including the wood elf Talaira, nursed him back to health and helped him defeat his addiction, and ever since his focus has been on rebuilding not his family's keep, a meaningless structure now, but on protecting the Tangled Vale and all the people who live there. But even as he turned his attention toward the future, there was one debt from his past he had yet to repay: the kindness of King Azoun Ovarskyr IV. It had been hundreds of years, and naturally Azoun IV was no longer alive, but his throne remained and so too did Aymere's debt. And so when word came to Vael that King Foril needed his help, Aymere would not refuse.
ExtrasWhy were you chosen by the king?: The King of Cormyr is likely one of the few who know that the assassin Vael is Aymere Vaeloran, and knows the history of the elf prince, or at least knows his house was once allied with theirs.
Epic Magic item: The Arm of Drexus is a Longbow obtained by Vael during one of his many journeys into Myth Drannor. Of Elvish make, the longbow was once wielded by Araell Drexus, a legendary archer who perished during the fall of Myth Drannor. An echo of Drexus still resides inside the weapon, expressing simple emotions to Vael. Drexus and the influence of the bow is partly to thank for Vael's return from the darker period of his life.
Creator: Elf
History: Heroic
Minor Property: Guardian
Quirk: Confident
Stronghold: Vaeloran Keep was an Elvish Fortress built nearly 1500 years ago and had fallen to ruin, though it has been partially restored by Vael. As is typical for a Wood Elf fortress, Vaeloran Keep is a structure built in the treetops, and is difficult to find. It's located in the Tangled Vale near a villiage which had been called Faelorin, but today is called Tangled Trees.
Prior relationships: Talaira was one of the druids who helped Vael through his overdose.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vaeloran.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	78804  

Last edited by Phil; 01-08-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:13 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8600
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Got the concept going. Gotta run errands and then I'll start adding what's bouncing around in my cranium on her backstory, history, and all.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawsome View Post
Wish I knew 5.0. I Loved this dungeon back in the day when it first came out .1 or 2ed.
The SRD is online. The mechanics are easy. I'll hwlp you with character design if you wish.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Wish I knew 5.0. I Loved this dungeon back in the day when it first came out ….1 or 2ed.
5e is probably the easiest to play, everything is pretty simple. Give it a try.

If you got dropbox, I can e-mail you the pdf of the PHB

Last edited by Seekr34; 01-06-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hrm, a cursory glance shows casters and melee types, but not much in the way of a scout/archer type.

I noticed that too, glad you picked a ranger. I almost did, about 90% of the time, I either play a ranger or rogue.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Or you can be stupid like me and play melee caster. Front row here I come.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Wish I knew 5.0. I Loved this dungeon back in the day when it first came out .1 or 2ed.

The dungeon is 1e.

Give 5e a shot it's not that hard of a system. If you are familiar with 3.5 or PF, 5e would be a simpler version.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3563
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
I agree with all above ... the Giants (then the following ones - shh no spoilers) are some of my fondest memories of youthful D&D ...

I'm a recent returner and have jumped straight in to 5e ... its v easy to pick up. Go for it!

(I'm only disappointed that I'd full at the moment or I'd be sorely tempted to go head to head with the giants again).
Old 01-06-2019, 03:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1729
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
My application is also complete, unless it would be beneficial for me to edit the RP Sample down a bit. I got a bit carried away but I can cut some things if necessary.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
My application is also complete, unless it would be beneficial for me to edit the RP Sample down a bit. I got a bit carried away but I can cut some things if necessary.
There is no need to cut it down.