RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15413
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Loving the apps so far. I will provide some feedback, as much as this process allows, as well as some additional questions that people can optionally answer to better focus their concepts on Sunday. So far we have a pretty Edge heavy group so meshing characters through obligations should be a breeze.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 01-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:47 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8600
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Chare'

Species: Mirialan

Career & Specialization: Seeker / Ataru Striker

A Long Time Ago: Imimo was a Force Adept Mirialan who recognized Chare's innate connection to the force, and took her from their home planet to train with Master Skywalker the moment she heard his name through The Rebellion. The timing was near perfect as Luke was getting a new Jedi school going.
It was a long journey with many detours and she learned a lot along the way. It was this knowledge of the so many different species they encountered on their journey, that had Luke send her on an errand to investigate a possible new Jedi student. That... feels like a lifetime ago to her now.

A Jedi Like My Father: She took to the training quite natural and wasn't one who would cross or question Luke, or those who taught her. The ways of the Force came quite easy to her, and she took it quite serious. She feels a strong kinship to those so allied, the Jedi, and the like. It is... the right way, the just way to live and follow the force. This is what keeps her on the right track, following the way of the Jedi.

Never Tell Me The Odds: She is a decent pilot, having picked it up quickly and even being the go to pilot on errands for the Academy. She's good in a fight, and the emotional strength of her bravery is quite remarkable. She can't quite get the hang of letting things go. She's got a softheart for a good and decent 'underdog', and can be quick to anger when caught up in such a situation.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: She's looking for other Jedi, and a way or a place to continue her training without being found out by both the First Order and the Knights of Ren.

We Have Powerful Friends: Since just before she went on the run, she befriended a Twi'lek smuggler named J'sai. She's flown ships and cargo for her in the past, and (as far as she knows at least) J'sai is the only person who knows that she was, is, and is still trying to be a Jedi.

Other Stuff: The first song in her datapad. She has a thing for large weapons that a person can fire. Her favorite is a missile tube, followed by any kind of heavy autofire blaster rifle. The problem with this affinity is that she has zero experience with them and might do more harm than good if given one in a fight. She won't divulge this information about not being proficient with such weapons unless asked. Her love of these types of weapons has her speaking as if she knows all about them. She came close to firing a missile from a missile tube once. Her friend J'sai was going to have her fire on a ship that would pursue once they fired up the engines on their ship. J'sai was saying, "... so you know how when you pull the trigger there's this momentary pause before-" Chare' interrupted and said, "Oh, I wouldn't know about that. I've never fired one before." She said it with a huge smile on her face as she was actually holding the 'live' weapon. J'sai snatched it from her and said, "Give me that." Not offended at all, Chare' said, "Should I plug my ears?"

Lastly, tell me how familiar you are with FFG Star Wars or the Genesys system. Not very. Created one character, an Ace Pilot, and didn't even get through the first mission/adventure before the GM had to bail due to RL.

The Force: I'm not just a believer, I'm also a practitioner!

Does your character have any alliances politically? What do they think about the other groups? Only the smuggler J'sai and the other characters. Any group that is against what is good and just, and not allied with The Force, is evil.

Does your character have a significant regret that haunts them? Not going back to the Jedi Academy to search for survivors.
What about an accomplishment that they are proud of? Piloting jobs here and there since the fall of the Academy, using her talents to help people along the way.

How does you character generally want to be viewed by others, and what do they do to promote that image? A moral and just person who looks out for the general welfare of the innocent just. She promotes that by living up to that example, exposing as little of the Jedi in her as possible.

Galactic Civil War? She wasn't born when the war was on and then ended. Her parents remembered it, and others comment about what good it did given the state of affairs now. She only knows what she learned from her short-lived Mirialan mentor and Jedi Master Skywalker and those so allied before the fall of the Academy. Anything else, she doesn't give much credit in folks words or opinions on the matter.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 01-14-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
I have only played the FFG SW one other time and before I could fully learn/grasp the system the game died.

If you'll have a newb, I'd love to dive back in. Thinking either a reb pilot, or a young jedi hopeful that slipped away in some fashion as described in your first post.
I definitely welcome the inexperienced. I really like the system and enjoy showing it off to people so don't let not having played much stand in your way.

Sweet, both ideas would find a place in the story and no current apps make use of those books so consider it open season.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:09 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureBard View Post
I definitely welcome the inexperienced. I really like the system and enjoy showing it off to people so don't let not having played much stand in your way.

Sweet, both ideas would find a place in the story and no current apps make use of those books so consider it open season.
I'm on it. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1345
TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester
Very interested! Not sure of a concept yet, but I will get to work!
Old 01-10-2019, 12:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
gravitywolf gravitywolf gravitywolf
Jackal the Black HoundName: Jackal / 'Black Hound'
Species: Gank
Career & Specialization: Bounty Hunter (Gadgeteer)
Obligation: Betrayal
Motivation: Freedom

A Long Time Ago: Jackal survived the betrayal and subsequent murder of his Gank pack by an Imperial backed opposing Crime Lord. This sullied not only his packís name, but also the reputation of his Hutt Boss, Zaath the Hutt. Though Zaath managed to get revenge on his opposing rival, the Imperial killers of Jackalís pack disappeared from Nar Shaddaa before they could be punished.

A Jedi Like My Father: Upon recovering, instead of joining a new pack hired by his Hutt Boss, he opted to strike out solo in order to gain revenge for his slain pack. His quest has involved him taking up the title of ĎBounty Hunterí, something heíll likely keep until death. Keeping the scorched black armor from the day of his pack's murder, he has made a name for himself as 'the Black Hound'. Though primarily working on Nar Shaddaa, he's since taken to treating the majority of the Outer Rim as his hunting grounds.

Never Tell Me The Odds:
Jackal excels at both hunting down targets and navigating the complex Outer Rim, but his focus can make him less perceptive to threats or information that isnít directly connected to his mark. In short, he comes off as a bit of an idiot. A skilled idiot, at least.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Though primarily a bounty hunter, he took interest in a job involving schematics for a prototype grav lift found on Bakura. Thinking he could steal some insight and incorporate the technology into a repulsor fist (as well as make some credits on the side), he took the job.

We Have Powerful Friends: Zaath the Hutt is an important figure in Jackalís life. Though originally simply his packís boss, after the slaughter of his pack and subsequent Bounty Hunter lifestyle adjustment, Zaath has taken a more direct involvement in the Gankís life, brokering deals for his early hunts. As it happens, Jackalís a competent hunter, and his loyalty to Zaath for seeking punishment of his packís murder is not something to take lightly. Zaath enjoys the notoriety Jackal brings him, and it helps that Jackal would never refuse a job from him, no matter the danger.

Other Stuff:
  • Though it's one of the example Ganks, this is definitely an inspiration to Jackal's overall aesthetic!
    This came on while I was writing up his application/deciding his character and gotta admit, it stuck.

Iím not too familiar with either in terms of actual play time, but Iíve read through a chunk of the FFG books on the side! My IRL group has been running SAGA for quite a while, so that's where most of my experience has been.

Chopped up a quick'n'dirty character concept. I've got more mulling in my head, but since you stated you'd prefer developing that stuff in play, I'll keep it to myself for now. :P

Last edited by gravitywolf; 01-14-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
After much thought and decisions, I went with a Mirialan Seeker with Ataru Striker as the specialization. She's displayed above.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 274
Tyrus34 Tyrus34 Tyrus34
Very interested in this game. First time on this site but i have a lot of experience with the system and a bit of pbp experience. Might be a hard boiled skip tracer private eye type.

Last edited by Tyrus34; 01-11-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3199
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I changed what I picked for Dagg's 'Fringer Bonus Skill' from Negotiation to Thanks for the idea LazerAstrogation. I also added Wrap tags for which skill I chose for his 'Fringer' bonus skills and 'Human' racial skills. I have also decided to stay with the Slicer talent tree.

I have added a little bit to the Extra? in the "Other Stuff" section, and I changed Streetwise to Astrogation in the "Two things Dagg is good at" section. I have also edited Dagg's picture and found one that I like for Mako.

Just a little FYI: My main character in the Star Wars: The Old Republic game was a Scoundrel healer named Mako. Played her for three years and still feel a little melancholy about not playing the game anymore. It's been almost four years since I last truly played it, and I can not bring myself to delete the game

POSTING STATUS: Sunday-Wensday: Normal, Thursday: Questionable, Friday & Saturday: Limited Posting.

Last edited by Silk; 01-12-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 666
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Posting intrest. Been wanting to play one of these games for a while now.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 274
Tyrus34 Tyrus34 Tyrus34
TyrName: Tyr Derro
Species: Kel Dor
Career & Specialization: Bounty Hunter, Skip Tracer

A Long Time Ago: Growing up in a poor part of Bakura Tyr saw many things that would leave an impression on a developing mind. However the thing that affected him more than the violence, corruption, and misery was the grief of those whose loved ones went missing. Tyr still remembers a time when he was still a child of around 8 where a girl he knew went missing and he saw the torment her parents went through, the grief and helplessness in their eyes. At the time he was too young to do anything about it but it is an essential part of why he's chosen the career he has.

A Jedi Like My Father: As Tyr grew up he saw a need for those that grew up in the poor areas of Bakura he noticed the lack of caring from political officials and law enforcement. Noticing this need he decided to do something about it and began helping people that needed to find missing friends or children or property. Tyr does it for the money but also more than that he does it to help his community.

Never Tell Me The Odds: Tyr knows what goes on in the streets, he's tapped into the underworld, its one of the things that makes him good at his job. Tyr is also quick on his feet with a clever mind and out side of the box thinking, its the skill that allowed him to succeed where many others have failed. Unfortunately for Tyr while he is quick in body and mind he is a fairly frail man who has never been very athletic and often likes to avoid fights entirely since he's not great at taking a hit.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Tyr is a Bakura native who grew up in the slums and still lives in a rough part of town even if he's scraped together enough money to move. He is technically a licensed Bounty Hunter but really only takes missing persons cases or property recovery. Basically a Private Investigator more than a bounty hunter. For the past few weeks The has been tracking down an employee of one of the bigger factories on the planet and lately he's been smelling something fishy about the case, leads that go missing as well, trails going cold when they shouldn't. It all points to outside interference, someone with power trying to keep Tyr from his target.

We Have Powerful Friends: There was a human girl who grew up in the same neighborhood as Tyr, Ritsoni Weeklo was a tomboy of a girl always getting into trouble and fighting with older kids. She hated rules but hated bullies more, so when she saw some older kids picking on Tyr Rit stepped in and defended him. punching the older boy in the nose and chasing them off, since that day the two have been fast friends Tyr often talking them out of trouble and Rit stepping in when things couldn't be talked out peacefully. The two drifted into different life paths with Rit becoming part of a gang that looked after their own and their neighborhood but she is a good ally and a trustworthy source when Tyr needs someone even more tapped into the criminal underworld than he is.

Other Stuff: A picture that speaks to you? Some music for your character's soundtrack? A snippet of dialogue from an important moment in their life? This is a free-for-all section to tack on anything that you just feel like you gotta have on here. There is no length limitation here but make sure what you put in actually adds something interesting to the character.

Just a track that really nails the feeling of Tyr and the sort of smoky noir vibes i got while writting him up

Rain pattered on the plastcrete roof tops as mist and smoke curled through the streets, the smell of desperation was thick in the air mingling with the smog from the nearby factories. People bustled from place to place scrabbling across street trying to find shelter from the unwelcome wetness falling from the sky.Standing under a small overhang a Kel Dor in a large brown coat watched all the activity, studying and observing everything around him, the faces, the lights from the neon signs reflecting in pools of water. A small wisp of vapor crept from his breathing apparatus as he scanned the streets.
"Tyr!" the husky female voice called out through the rain. Tyr turned towards the source, a muscularly lean human woman not al all dressed for the rainy weather in a tank top and torn jeans "You'll catch a cold out here Rit." the slightly modulated voice chided his friend as she approached, Rit pulled back and slugged Tyr in the arm hard but not hard enough to really hurt
"Last time I checked my parents ran out on me when I was 8 and I never went looking for another one." her voice was light and teasing as she shoved her hand into her pocket and pulled her cigarette out of her mouth, exhaling a plume of smoke before returning it to the corner of her mouth. Tyr looked at her out of the corner of his eye his face still pointed towards the street but before he could say anything Rit's voice came out of the opposite side of her mouth that had the cigarette "and don't even think about giving me the smoking talk agin, I see your judgey looks T."
Tyr exhaled and shrugged "What can I say, I need to keep you around as long as possible, if you get sick who is going to keep the local thugs off my back?" the Kel Dor's voice was serious but Rit could see the smile in his facial expression, the two had a strong connection built over the past 20 odd years. There was definitely a strong understanding between the two.
"Any new progress on that missing factory guy case you got last week?" Rit asked absentmindedly as she took her cigarette out of her mouth and knocked some of the ash off the tip to mingle with the rain water below. The delivery was casual but Tyr could hear the undercurrents of concern in her voice, she knew how stressed he got when he was running into deadends in a new case.
"Not a single kriffing lead in the past few days, every time I think it's going somewhere the trail goes cold again. No idea where to go from here." his voice was clearly annoyed as he watched a flickering neon sign advertising a variety of adult entertainment "I guess I just need to sit back down with the case and work through the details again."
"Come on, I know you. You probably haven't eaten in the past two days, we're going down to Giornia's and getting you a nerf steak." her voice wasn't threatening but it was firm and Tyr knew that there was no arguing with her when she used that tone. So he exhaled again and put a brown hat on and flipped his collar up to protect him from the chill of water. The two walked out from under the overhang and headed down the street their footsteps splashing slightly with each step.

Lastly, tell me how familiar you are with FFG Star Wars or the Genesys system. This isn't a point I'll be using for selection. I'm just looking to get a baseline on how much people know before we get started.

I have a lot of experience with FFG Star Wars, I have played in 2 table top campaigns run one table top campaign and been in one pbp adventure in the system on another site.

Optional questions
The Force is a mysterious aspect of the galaxy that pervades almost every culture in some way. From the ancient Jedi to the Church of the Force and the Knights of Ren, everyone views the Force in a unique way. What does your character know about the Force? What do they believe?

Tyr has little experience with The Force, he has met a few people with that unnatural amount of luck or uncanny ability to sense danger but he doesn't have any firm beliefs on the subject. Most likely has similar thoughts to Han Solo when he first met Luke and Ben, an old religion and a bunch of myths.

The New Republic is not the only governing body in the galaxy. The First Order, working out of the Unknown Reaches, and the Confederacy of Corporate Systems, based in the inner rim manufacturing colonies are also significant. Less so, the New Separatist Union, built from remnants of the Clone Wars-era Confederacy of Independent Systems, and the Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya, a collective of pirates playing government, are known to most. Does your character have any alliances politically? What do they think about the other groups?

No government is perfect and most forget about all the little people that get crushed in their petty wars and new initiatives but he saw what the empire did to non-humans and at least feels like the New Republic cares a little about the small guy. Tyr has no political affiliations but but does stand against any political power that will try to control and enslave people.

Does your character have a significant regret that haunts them? What about an accomplishment that they are proud of?

Early in his career Tyr had a case to find a young girl around 9 that had supposedly been abducted by a gang from a near by neighborhood. Tyr did the best that he could to find her, tracking down all the clues just to find dead end after dead end many long sleepless nights and days out in the field he still turned up nothing. After about a week the trail went entirely cold, there was no firm evidence about who could have taken the girl or why. That was nine years ago and to this day he still has nightmares about that failure and the image of the parent's faces as he reported his failure is burned into his memory.

Does your character have many acquaintances around the galaxy, a small but close-knit group of friends, or something in between? How does you character generally want to be viewed by others, and what do they do to promote that image?

Tyr has his closest friend Rit and besides that a small group of informants and friends who are willing to help him out in a tough spot along with grateful clients that he helped in the past or continually assists with things. Tyr likes to think of himself as a bit of a loner but this image pretty quickly dissipates when one looks closely at his personal life and sees that he is actually a really caring person just with a bit of a tough shell due to his upbringing.

Was your character around during the Galactic Civil War (roughly 25 years ago)? What do they remember most about that time? Has that experience affected them in a significant way?

Tyr was around but he was very young (around 8 years old) and therefore most of his experience involves seeing how the war affected others in his community growing up. He heard stories of the empire and how they treated people and especially how they treated non-aliens. Besides that he saw the families hurt by the conflict losing sons and daughters to the fighting .

Last edited by Tyrus34; 01-21-2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Spelling Mistakes:00

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1826
CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk
*Complete*
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Udakee Zizu
Species: Togruta

Career & Specialization: The Colonist, Politico

A Long Time Ago: My father would take me on his trips through the Outer Rim, where he would meet with local leaders to discuss non-human worker rights. On one trip to Tatooine him and several others were rounded up by First Order soldiers. I was back in our ship, having just got in a fight with him over how much I hated sand, what a stupid thing to be mad at him over. I never saw him again. I later learned he died shortly after, trying to lead an uprising at Pressy's Tumble. He fought for what he believed in, even against overwhelming odds. His is the example I chase after every day. He is the person I hope to be.

A Jedi Like My Father: My father inspired me to fight for the voiceless. I joined the world of politics to continue where he left off. The Galactic Senate claims to be an advocate for peace, but consistently puts human life above all else. No matter the size, every victory towards true peace and equality, is what keeps me moving forward.

Never Tell Me The Odds: I know the customs and rituals of most species, and pride myself on my politeness. I have always had a way with words. Everything can be solved with negotiation and reason. I do not see the reason for physical confrontation, and thus have no experience with lethal weapons. I do however carry a pair of shocking gloves, should I feel my life is in danger.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Having disappointed me time and time again, I decided to leave the Senate to argue among themselves, and take a more active approach in the conflicts against the First Order. Bakura is a place of political and historical significance, and has its far share of problems. Once I heard about the Confederacy of Corporate Systems doing trade with the First Order, and the Bakurian mining camps being worked primarily by non-humans, I knew it was were I needed to be.

We Have Powerful Friends: I was on the Senate when Princess Leia begged us to help liberate Kashyyyk from Imperial domination. When they refused to help yet another alien home-world, I knew my time with them was coming to an end. Leia Organa and her resistance were making a real change in the universe, and she was one of the few human leaders I knew of, that truly cared for all life equally. I helped organize the campaign to save the Wookiee planet, and used my political contacts to secure Admiral Ackbars assistance in defeating the fleet over Kashyyyk. I hold Leia Organa in the highest regards, and will do whatever I can to help her in the battle against tyranny.

Other Stuff: With a deep breath, Udakee stands from his chair and approaches the podium. The roars of disapproval echo through the hall like a herd of hungry bantha. To say this made him nervous would not be far from the truth, but Udakee was all too familiar with this sound. He lived for it. He thrived in it.
"Listen to me Bakura! I have come to shed light on the working conditions of your moon based mining stations. While this industry is an important part of the Bakurian economy, its standards have been steadily declining over the past several years. Workers are having to work longer hours in increasingly dangerous conditions. It is only a matter of time before the death count begins to rise."
The room grows louder, some laughing emerges from the corner.
"You may consider yourselves masters of industry, entrepreneurs of trade, but to call yourselves leaders would be a lie. "
The speaker pulls on Udakees sleeve. "You will have a riot on your hands if you do not get to the point."
"The Arginall Refinery, LodeCorp Mining Corporation, Brodsport Mining Corporation, Calladan Chemworks, Moonglow Polychemical, Nemlor Minerals."
The crowd begins to quiet as Udakee continues his list.
"Dessain Mining, Pryce Mining, Figg Excavation, and Shusko Station.
All of these camps and companies used non-human labor forces, All of these companies had over worked employees in hazardous conditions, and All of these companies no longer exist. The truth is Bakur Mining Corporation checks all the same boxes these companies did, and unless you start treating your workers like living, breathing individuals, you and everyone here will become a statistic. Bakur will lose its most important industry, and I will have one more company to add to my list."

The silence of the room was all the approval Udakee needed.
"Thank you for your time." The Togruta bows to the room and turns to the speaker.
"I appreciate the chance to speak with everyone today. You know where to find me should they decide to take my advice. I am here to help them through the entire process."
With a sincere smile, Udakee picks up his notes, and leaves the room.

FFG Star Wars Familiarity. None. I have been reading up on the system since I saw your ad. But I have played D&D, Pathfinder, etc, for over 15 years now.

Additional Information

What does your character know about the Force? What do they believe? I, like many Togruta have always had a special affinity to The Force. Our montrals give us a heightened awareness, as well as a highly spiritual connection to the environment. This has lead to our great ability to feel The Force, and a deep respect for its part in the universe.

Does your character have any alliances politically? What do they think about the other groups? While I am most recently aligned with the New Republic, I have decided to focus my efforts on smaller governments, taking a planet by planet approach.

Does your character have a significant regret that haunts them? What about an accomplishment that they are proud of? My biggest regret would be that I was one of those to sign the Military Disarmament Act. I kept my opinions to myself, and figured it would do more good than harm. I believe this Act was one of the reason The First Order came to power, and I have fought for a chance to amend its laws, and give smaller planets the protection they need.
I am most proud about standing with Leia Organa in the liberation of Kashyyyk. It was the first time I opposed the New Republic and fought for something I truly believed in. My re-birth into politics.

Does your character have many acquaintances around the galaxy, a small but close-knit group of friends, or something in between? How does you character generally want to be viewed by others, and what do they do to promote that image? While I don't have many close friends, I do have loyalty to those I believe in. I have been in the world of politics long enough to have developed a large network of contacts, although not all agree with my ideals.
I hope to be viewed as someone with integrity. Someone that stands for what they believe in, and does not waiver in the face of opposition.
I strive for this by sticking to the facts, and carefully planning my words.

Was your character around during the Galactic Civil War (roughly 25 years ago)? What do they remember most about that time? Has that experience affected them in a significant way?I remember it well. I was not in any position of political power at the time, and I remember feeling so helpless, and useless. Seeing, what I thought, was the end of life as we knew it, and being able to do nothing about. But it also gave me hope, in seeing how strong in spirit the Alliance was, and how, when under good leadership, we can truly achieve the impossible. It was one of the reasons I chose a life of politics. So when the next major events would unfold, I would be able to do something about it.

Last edited by CaptainJohnHawk; 01-15-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 666
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
*Completed* - I Think...
Lender
right-aligned image
Name: "Lender" Bran Demar
Species: Human
Career & Specialization: Sentinel/Shadow

A Long Time Ago: Lender was an orphan that grew up in a poor area. When the orphanage closed, he and the other orphans needed food. Lender took it upon himself to try and provide for the others, by any means necessary.

A Jedi Like My Father: One day Lender got caught. AS his mark was carving into his face an old man stepped out of the shadows and rescued him. The man who recused him was, named Que-Dan Shaw, claimed he was a mystic, and felt the abilities in him.

Never Tell Me The Odds: Lender always had a knack for getting into and out of places without being seen. It always seemed that the shadows would just hug around him just when he needed it. He also had a knack for computer systems, always able to navigate them no matter how had the security. Unfortunately, he was never very good at first aid. when ever he attempted the help someone he always seemed to make it worse.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Lender has always help the orphans where ever his mentor moved them. One morning Que-Dan was gone. Lender kept on in his person mission helping the orphans he came across, till he stated feeling a pulling sensation. After a few weeks he started having dreams of a planet. The planet had a feeling of turmoil and anguish. on day he woke with a name in his head "Bakura". He booked a transport that day.

We Have Powerful Friends: Que-Dan Shaw, 60, a Mystic. He was a mentor/father figure to Lender. Que-Sha started him on the path of the Force, but feels his hobbies might one day lead him the the into trouble.

Other Stuff: He almost had it, there! Just then a hand had his wrist."Well what do we have hear. A little thief, huh." Fishing a vibroknife from his sleeve, and pressing to Lenders face. "This is what we do." Laughing he begins to cut. As Lender started to scream he heard a voice. "You will let the child be, and move on your way." The man got a blank look in his eyes, he shoves Lender back and says "Gah, be gone with you. Your not worth my time."

After the man had left a shadow shifted suddenly and a man stepped out. Pulling Lender to his feet "The name is Que-Dan and I have a proposition for you."

Other Questions
View of the Force: Lender believes in the force from the teachings of his mentor, though he doesn't believe in the light and dark. He feels it is a tool to be used like a hydro-spanner or blaster.
View of Government: All government is the same. Doesn't matter who is in charge, the rich get richer, the poor still suffer.
Regrets/Accomplishments: As of now there are no specific regrets, though he wishes he could do more to help the poor. He feels accomplished when he get food in the mouths of the hungry.
Acquaintances: He finds benevolent people in the places he goes to provide food for orphans and street urchins. In Bakura it is a Mistress Zara who owns a Cantina in the slums.
Galactic Civil War: Lender was an infant towards the end of the war. He blames the war for being an orphan, but has no proof.

----I have glanced through a couple of he rule books for Fantasy Flight, but never actually played game.

Last edited by RedWolfe77; 04-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
A day later than intended but I've been dealing with some unexpected work complications that have set me back a bit.

Great interest so far. First, some optional questions to draw some focus to your characters. You can choose to answer any, all or none of these. They aren't required to be selected but it can't hurt your chances to dig into these details. Answer at the length and detail that you desire.
  • The Force is a mysterious aspect of the galaxy that pervades almost every culture in some way. From the ancient Jedi to the Church of the Force and the Knights of Ren, everyone views the Force in a unique way. What does your character know about the Force? What do they believe?
  • The New Republic is not the only governing body in the galaxy. The First Order, working out of the Unknown Reaches, and the Confederacy of Corporate Systems, based in the inner rim manufacturing colonies are also significant. Less so, the New Separatist Union, built from remnants of the Clone Wars-era Confederacy of Independent Systems, and the Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya, a collective of pirates playing government, are known to most. Does your character have any alliances politically? What do they think about the other groups?
  • Does your character have a significant regret that haunts them? What about an accomplishment that they are proud of?
  • Does your character have many acquaintances around the galaxy, a small but close-knit group of friends, or something in between? How does you character generally want to be viewed by others, and what do they do to promote that image?
  • Was your character around during the Galactic Civil War (roughly 25 years ago)? What do they remember most about that time? Has that experience affected them in a significant way?

Second, feedback for current applications. I am only halfway done here and I have to run out for a bit, so if you don't have feedback below check back tomorrow morning and it should be there.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 01-16-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Spelling Mistakes:00

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1826
CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk CaptainJohnHawk
My application has been updated with the optional questions. Let me know what you think!