RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1150
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
Madness in Stefanovo // Madam Noshth's Mansion

Game NameMadness in Stefanovo // Madam Noshth's Mansion
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeMystery, Madness, Surreal, Psychological
FlavourThings like Sucker Punch or Alice - Madness Returns
Plot Summary
right-aligned image
"You all remember how the orphanage burned. You didn't know how it happened, but the screams of your friends and the caretakers were like needles that pierced deep into your scared souls. Coughing ashes and barely conscious the few of you who survived managed to exit through the front gates. And there you saw the Pigman - watching as his creation bloomed in crimson colors...

When you came back it was already the next day. The village elders and the nurses told you that a woman named Madam Noshth was going to take care of you from now on. That she would take you with herself to another village, called Stefanovo, where you would live in her mansion.

You left later that day, before you even got the chance to see the funerals of the other children and the women who took care of you for the last few years. To another town where a new life awaited for you."

What the game is about
In this adventure, players will have two variations of characters: The disturbed orphaned children who will arrive at the mysterious old mansion in a small town in something similar to a realistic medieval world.

While exploring the new environment they are in, they will also hop into imagined worlds - some dreams, other nightmares, and in them they will play as their imagined hero selves.

Bare in mind! The more the children explore these surreal worlds, the more their sanity may be endangered! I am going to use a couple of madness mechanics that will affect both the children and imagined characters!

Notes from DMHey all! This is my first ever attempt to DM in rpgx and to do it in a PbP style. I'll be adding new elements to the ad as soon as possible, first of all - the character application! I'll be looking for a healthy number of players, maybe something around 4-5 active ones. In case of drop outs, I'll extend the invitation to remaining players that show interest in the ad. I'm open for questions and to what else to add in here to make it more informative about what is going on.

As for posting frequency, depending on how busy real life is, I believe 2 or 3 DM posts per week seem reasonable for me.

Character ApplicationChildren Characters: Pick a Name and age for your child character. All children are human as their story revolves into a something similar to medieval Europe. For stats, roll d4+8 and assign them as you wish. Pick two skill proficiency and two tool proficiencies. These are stuff you have learned at the orphanage or maybe in whatever life you had before arriving there. You are all small sized, with a speed of 30ft. Max Hp: 6 + Con. You have One HD that is d6.
RP Example: Post a short paragraph or two as an example of your RP style. It could be either a story from the orphanage or something that is happening while traveling on the carriage towards Stephanovo - your new home.

Imagined Character: Now this is the standard DnD deal. Create a DnD 5e Character using whatever WOTC published material you want, just give me heads up what exactly are you using from each bock. Now I would also allow people to use the Puppeteer class from DMGuild and some of my NPCs will use that class as well. Link to the Puppeteer class. Use a 27 point buy system to determine your stats! We all start at level 1. These characters will be the children's coping mechanisms - their capable imagined selves - their own heroes. As imagination can be pretty wild and surreal, don't be afraid to come up with crazy backstories for those characters if you want! Have all the freedom you want with them.
RP Example: A short RP example of the Imagined character, a paragraph or two. It can be a conversation he has in town or in a tavern, a fight with an enemy or him or her diving into a mysterious dungeon.

Currently Applied
Player Name Application finished Character Race / ClassCharacter Sheet Ready
Torack Done High Elf / Blood Hunter No
MeredithS Done Human / Ranger No
In the Mix Done Human / Paladin No
Stonk Done Half-Orc / Barbarian No
DaysUntold Done Human / Puppeteer No
SleepyTenor WIP WIP No
Retry Done Human / Fighter No

Last edited by ZazoAndrov; 01-15-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:45 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
The Kid
left-aligned image

Name: Felix Krath
Ability Scores:

Character Sheet

Personality: Felix is a shy young man. He's timid, easily scared, and only talks more than a few sentences to those he completely trusts. Otherwise, his words are short, succinct, and to the point. If he can get his point across at all, of course. He's mostly looking down, too shy to meet anyone's eyes, and feels that if he does he'll somehow get rejected by them, and so doesn't even bother in the first place. However, despite his shyness, he is a strong willed boy and will go out of his way to help those that he really does consider friends. But just as well he can seem cold. To those he only knows in passing or has a small acquaintance with, he will not help them in any way should it not be of his benefit. Not out of malice, but more out of fear of getting himself in trouble or hurt.

He has a powerful imagination however. Always letting his mind wander when it wants to and he has the unfortunate habit of going blank in the most inopportune times, shifting to his madeup world.

Most peculiar about Felix however is his quirk with fire. Perhaps because of his past, but every time he sees fire he goes into an absolute rage and starts fighting everyone and anyone near him. Afterwards, he will remain quiet and alone for days, crying or screaming for unknown reasons. He will even at times speak with someone known as "Anna" as if she were really there. He seems particularly fascinated with this Anna and tells everyone that it's his little sister, although no one can see her.

Backstory: Felix doesn't know much about his past. What he does remember is a fire and a man cutting his mother and father's throat in front of him. He remembers watching them pull their hands towards him before going limp. He wanted to wake them up, wanted to get them away from the fire, but had to walk out because the flames were too harsh. He remembered hearing his little sister crying in her crib upstairs. Everything else is a haze, and he goes really quiet and very violent when anyone bring a large flame near him.

RP Sample: Their house was an old structure dating back centuries, or so his older brother told him countless times. Belonged to an old and ancient family that once considered themselves nobles, and probably they were. But that nobility died when they opened the book. His brother would tell him this story over and over, almost every night to try and scare him. Always telling him that there was some sort of dark book somewhere in the cellars below that was beyond cursed.

After the upteenth time of hearing this tale, Felix became curious. His young imagination and wonder at what the book held growing with each telling, and he asked his brother if he’d seen the book, to which he replied that he had. Burning with a desire to see if this book existed, Felix went down to their cellar and searched for several hours until finally finding it in hidden deep within a heavy chest. It looked ominous, thick with strange pentagram drawn in blood on the black leather surface and a strange scrawling etched into it in some strange language. Something within him told him not to open it, a whisper almost, as well as a strong feeling of something very, very wrong. But he was terribly curious about the contents, his mind having been consumed with it for days and weeks, and so he sat down in front of the chest, placed the book on the floor, and opened it.

Nothing happened. At least not at first, but Felix got the distinct feeling that something was watching him. That something had been unleashed into the world now that he opened the book.

Everything went unnaturally quiet within the cellar, the feeling growing as the hairs stood on end and a deep fear started to take hold. Then, something shifted - one of the tools on a nearby shelf fell clattering to the floor.

Spooked, Felix ran upstairs leaving the book open in the cellar below.

The Hero
left-aligned image

Name: Rivondir
Race: High Elf
Class: Blood Hunter

Character Sheet

Personality: From his attire, many would expect Rivondir to be a brooding, silent, and dark type. And although his clothes represent a darker nature, his personality is far more colourful. He loves the colour black to be sure, loves what it represents, but he's an upbeat sort of individual. Always smiling when his face is uncovered, always trying to lighten the mood and keep everyone from getting too dark. Because, alas, Rivondir is especially intimate with the dark and the dark, ugly forces of the world. And to be brooding as other say, would only make that darkness he lives in constantly too overbearing and far too powerful. He keeps a lighthearted mood in order to keep that darkness at bay, and make sure everyone around him never gets near that darkness.

He can be serious as well. Savagely serious. Deadly serious. When drawn into a fight, Rivondir cares not who is friend or foe, if one angers him or does something that is beyond reproach, he will slaughter. The darkness is his greatest enemy, has seen it slaughter his entire people and knows what it's like to see it seep into the hearts of man. He gives no second chances, and a first offence is a death warrant. It is the intent that he focuses on, the intent to do evil and bring darkness in the world. Ironically however, he has absolutely no issue with dark or evil actions that bring a greater good. He himself will even commit murder if it ultimately brings good. Not that he'll go out of his way to do so, but he is a proponent of the ends justifying the means.

Backstory: A blacksmith. His entire life, Rivondir was raised around and with blacksmiths and other metal workers. The best in their craft, the most renowned for the art they produced in their armour and their weapons. The elvish smiths he was around, especially his father and his uncles were second to none. They taught Rivondir everything he needed to know in his craft. The subtleties needed when shaping the metal, the grace in the strokes, and the power needed to strike and hammer the steel into whatever he desired. There was art in it, and he worked at his craft, seeking to become as good as his forefathers. For his own works to be praised and sung by all the races.

He was inducted into the Smithing Guild within his elvish city at the age of 113. The businesses opened up then, and he found himself going from city to city, getting commissioned from nobles, prominent and powerful merchants, and even famous adventurers. Rivondir had seen himself in the halls of powerful high elven lords, where beautiful songs were sung, and the greatest fine arts and the best dishes were presented. He found himself there, presenting his work and his art. But things quickly turned when one particular mage, an elf who had gone too far in his dark arts, summoned creatures from beyond a portal he could not control. Dark creatures spilled out while he was working in his smithy, and he heard the screams. Heard the panic that ensued and watched, horror struck, as his city was destroyed.

Rivondir fled. He tried to help as many as he could, tried to save those that could be saved, but only a few ended up going with him, and many of those that did succumbed to their wounds. A deep sadness ended taking Rivondir, and for a long time, depression had taken hold of him. Many of his childhood friends and those he grew up with had died in the attack. Many of his uncles, and yet, his father and mother managed to escape unscathed, having been away during the attack. Despite that however, Rivondir vowed to avenge his people and prevent anything like that from happening again. And instead of learning magic as his father advised, he went instead to the dark arts. He delved into the occult and forbidden blood magics, travelled the world to gather knowledge from both sages and books on how to obtain the power of evil so that he could fight against it.

Eventually, he learned the secret. A dark concoction that could very well kill him. And yet he was willing to make the sacrifice. He drank deep and power flowed through him. A taint, a darkness that seeped into his very soul. And Rivondir embraced it. He let the power flow through him and read the dark books of blood magic to better develop his skill. He now travels the world, both as a smith, but as a hunter of the dark to saly those that would seek to destroy the lives of others.

RP Sample: The snow drifted lazily down to the snowy floor, the air cold enough to seep down into the bones. Few were out this night, the various pedestrians were only just completing their chores and were now rushing back home, huddled into themselves with thick cloaks about their bodies. The buildings around him were tall, one-storey structures, made with wooden frames and thatched roofs covered in a thick layer of snow. Below, the muddy road was entirely covered with the stuff save for a single cart-track that cut through the entire entire town towards the inn on the opposite end.

Everything about the place was muted, save for the brightness of the snow which reflected the moonlight above. On any other day, there’d be a hum of activity deep into the late hours of the night, most of it coming from the local tavern. The smells of alcohol, piss, and general activity would permeate the place, but now there was nothing. Even the tavern had its lights turned off. The few people walking by didn’t bother looking at him, didn’t bother asking him where he came from or what he was doing there as they were wont to do.

Friendly, talkative folk these. The fact they kept to themselves and didn’t even stop to talk with each other, and instead rushed to their own homes was deeply troubling. Rivondir walked towards the tavern, a three storey structure, and as he got closer saw that one side of the roof was caved in. Now how did that happen? He took a moment to look around and caught a set of strange prints that seemed to lead away from the building, disappearing into the night. Rivondir went closer and knelt beside them. At first glance they appeared like human feet, but with each step they seemed to elongate, and shift slowly into something else. Into what exactly he had no idea, but he suspected whoever or whatever this was had caused the hole in the roof.

Just as he stood he heard feet shuffling in the snow to his left and looked over, a hand on the hilt of his scimitar, to see someone approaching. “I see you’ve found the prints,” the figure said, a woman.

“You know what caused this?” Rivondir asked, visibly relaxing.

The woman stepped out of the shadows, wearing all black and her face covered just like his own, her swords alight with flame. “I have an idea,” she said, “Apparently these people have been complaining of disappearances and their loved ones suddenly coming back out of nowhere… but different.”

Rivondir grunted, a grin breaking out underneath his face mask. “That definitely doesn’t sound like anything strange.”

“Indeed. And that hole up there was caused by our lovely barkeep after I asked some questions. You up for a hunt, elf?”

The sound of metal against leather was sharp in the quiet air as Rivondir took out his scimitar. A moment passed, and the veins around his eyes went black as he grunted in pain, then his suddenly sword burst into flames and the black veins were gone. “Inconsiderate of that barkeep leaving these people without their alcohol. Let's get him back.”

Last edited by Torack; 01-12-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
@Torack just a heads up for the child stats: Roll a d4 + 8, not a d8 + 4 Thus your stats won't be under 9 If you want, you can keep some of those and just reroll the 7s Or you can reroll all!

Last edited by ZazoAndrov; 01-10-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:37 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Oh! Oh, my bad! I misread that, that's my fault. I'll reroll

Old 01-10-2019, 05:34 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1004
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
I'm not sure if I have the time to express interest really. I just felt compelled to drop a sentence since the title of the add is distinctly Slavic and I had to wonder if the world is indeed small enough and I have found another Bulgarian on RPGX

Cheers either way!

P.S. I'll keep my eye on this as the concept is intriguing and if my timetable shifts I might just cook something up.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1374
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
The Child
left-aligned image

Name : Rue
Ability Scores 12,12,12,12,10,9
Character Sheet

Personality and Backstory: From infancy, Rue never knew the love or care of her parents. Being only days old, she was abandoned to the Orphanage with neither explanation nor a single personal item on her blanket-less body. Growing up, she was often a loner, rarely one to engage in play with the other children or acknowledge the prospect of friendship on a personal level.

Rue is not, however, shy or timid. She is opportunistic, seizes the chance to acquire information and has learned how to use that as leverage when she needs to, often through manipulation and persuasion. She is quiet and calculating...though rarely lets on to anyone that she's paying them any attention in the process of observing them.

RP Sample::
Felicity found Rue trapped between two fallen beams, her arm caught between the shrapnel of large splintered wood and the quickly warming wall within the nursery. Rue looked towards the threshold when the younger girl had entered and yelled for her. "Felicity! Felicity! Take the little ones!". Rue pointed with her free hand towards the wooden cradles that housed within them two infants while above them, the thick smoke was beginning to unfurl itself in waves along the ceiling. The young protector, small as she was however, stood as if she were ten feet tall and went to help Rue first. "You have to help me with them, I'll go over this beam and hand them to you!" Felicity shouted in return while levering her shoulder under the broken pillar and lifting it just enough to budge Rue out from under it. As she let go, Felicity hopped over it and darted quickly to pick up the infants trapped on the other side.

In the midst of handing Rue the two babes, the ceiling began to crumble above and a rain of fire flecks started to descend. They had only seconds to escape the inferno that raged around them. "Go! Go! Tell Illissa... Tell her to be strong! Tell her... " Rue was straining to hear her over the roar of flames and wailing of the infants held against her... "Tell her to look..." and before Rue could catch the last of the message, the ceiling collapsed upon Felicity, the wooden beam that had fallen being Rue's only saving grace for an extra second longer which she used to escape the room and made way outside.

The Hero
right-aligned image

Name: Starfire
Race:Human
Class: Ranger
Character Sheet

Personality & Backstory:
Starfire is ultimately a fierce competitor. She thrives in urban settings, using the shadows to her advantage and the plight of the people to bolster her heart. Ruthless in her aptitude for weaponry, she boasts pride in Archery and Swordplay. Trained by the famous sword-master, Orin Evermorrow, since childhood, she has grown into his prodigy passing down his legendary secrets in the art of battle.

Though she is prideful, she is not without flaw. Her terror of being alone threatens her emotional well-being and her lack of natural empathy to others and the environment around her often leads to bad decisions.

RP Sample:: The darkness that encompassed her shadow seemed to fluidly part on each side of her, the motion of a blade against silk, neither sound nor movement broke the suppression she willed around her like a lead wall. From Starfire's peripheral, the target seemed to radiate like a beacon, eagerly calling to her...Here I am, try your best. Arrow notched and ready, she had only the left corner of sight to focus,no time to blink or turn. It had to be...right...now. The silhouette of a paper human target now erupts her full and direct concentration from only a mere fraction of sight. The longbow is brought to position, the string taught with tension and she fires...

Release...Her head turns. WHAP...the arrow hits the absolute center.

The tension on the bow returning to normal, Starfire exhales and makes quick stride to the target. From behind her, the singular clap of her trainer , Orin, can be heard with his usual encouraging words and advice. "You're a natural Starfire, I've never quite encountered anyone that has your keen sight and almost...automatic draw. Sometimes, I wish you'd miss to remind myself that you're human."

Flashing a wide smile, her brazen confidence beaming in accomplishment and pride, Starfire glowed with her mentor's words and praise. "If you hadn't of raised and trained me Orin, I'd probably just be some urchin serving wench destined to bare ten babies with only coppers to my name." She turned serious while putting her hand on his shoulder fondly, with that of a child's affection for their parent..." No jest though, to have trained under the greatest ever known in the ways of archery and swordplay as one sacred dance together...has been truly my honor."

Last edited by MeredithS; 01-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Indeed you have found another Bulgarian amongst the ranks in rpgx! Привет!

It's always fun to add little bit of slavic lore and elements into my games to bring something interesting into the multicultural gaming community.
Well hope to see you in either this game or in a future one!
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
{Place Holder} and question: What time line are you looking at for player selection or due date applications? Looks like an intriguing game !
A very good question! As for the moment I haven't thought of a solid deadline, honestly the moment we gather four or five players, I'd be able to start planning the first quest in detail and be ready to start it a couple of days after that.

But let's say in around 10-15 days from now we would be able to start

Last edited by ZazoAndrov; 01-10-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2272
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix

Definitely interested.

Last edited by In the Mix; 01-10-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Glad to see you joining us Mix
Old 01-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1004
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
And here I thought Bulgarians didn't play DnD

Good luck with the game and have fun!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Illissa

Child
left-aligned image

Name: Illissa Bikoitza
Dice Roll:
1d4+8 (3)+8 Total = 11
1d4+8 (1)+8 Total = 9
1d4+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
1d4+8 (2)+8 Total = 10
1d4+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
1d4+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
Ability Scores

Personality: Usually shy, and a little timid, she is understandably upset, as she feels alone now. Along with her friends, Illissa's twin sister, Felicity, also died in the fire, and she hasn't had time to properly grieve yet.

On top of all that, as if it wasn't enough, Illissa has begun to change and grow into womanhood. A change she was sharing with her sister, and now has no one to share with. She feels even more isolated and alone, that she had before.

So Illissa is a ticking time bomb of emotions, exploding outward as often as inward.

Backstory: Illissa and Felicity were born 20 minutes apart, with Illissa being the first born. Their parents were both well respected leaders within their community. Their Sir Felix Bikoitza of Linnestafather was a cleric, and their Illyanya, no known last name until marriagemother was a thief, reformed and now a homemaker. Together, they tried to raise their girls to be confident and strong.

This sense of self only partially took with Illissa. She wasn't afraid to be who she was, and to see herself as someone worth love and care. But she fell willingly into the shadow of Felicity, allowing her sister to grow more bold and strong, herself becoming soft-spoken and quiet. She liked the shadows... as long as she had enough light to read by.

It was late in the Winter months, every day was looking more and more like Spring. The snow was receding quickly, giving way to green grass and the beginnings of flowers. The world was beautiful again. At six years of age, it was the second-to-last night Illissa and Felicity would spend in their birth home, a terrible storm swept over Linnesta, trapping many people inside their homes.

The next day, Sir Felix fought his way through the snow drifts, determined to assure that his people were safe and well. He never returned home. Illyanya worried over her husband, but stayed home to watch over her little girls. Her love was tested as a fire broke out in the home some time during the night. Neither daughter knows how the fire started, or any other significant detail of the night, as they were awoken hours before dawn, and pulled from their beds in only their nightgowns and allowed only time enough to put on their boots.

Stopping next to a rope that was hanging down through a hole in the rooftop, the mother looks down at her daughter. "Hold on to your each other tightly." Illyanya instructed the girls. "Never let anything come between you. Understand?" Not fully understanding, the girls nodded anyway. Then, doing as their mother instructed, they climb the rope up to the roof, and jumped off into a pile of snow on the outside.

They would have stayed there, freezing to death, if their neighbors hadn't come out, to help any that escaped the inferno. Their mother though, never came out. She died inside, unable to do more that save her girls. The unnatural snow melted away almost as fast as it had come in. Their father's body was found the next day, frozen solid a mile in the wrong direction of where he'd said he was going.

Their were whispers in the village of murder and conspiracy. But the girls didn't hear much of them, as they found themselves moving to the orphanage with the week.

There, Illissa fell further into her quiet book-reading, while Felicity became more and more her sister's protector. Years passed, with each girl gaining their own circle of friends, but they never let go of each other, just as their mother had told them to do.

And then... it happened again. This time, Illissa froze, just watching the flames grow brighter and hotter. She remembers wondering if... if she allowed the fire to take her too, if she would find Momma. Perhaps Papa would be there too? And then a hand grabbed her, and pulled her out of the building. Illissa didn't fight, as she was pulled from the burning building by Felicity. She had known that Felicity would be there for her. She always was.

But she did let go, when Felicity ran back inside to save other children. It was the last time she saw Felicity.

RP Sample: Illissa sat in the back of the cart, her eyes red from crying. The other children looked over to her on occasion, but most were too afraid to talk to her. All except Billy Barston. Billy was Illissa's tormentor and enemy, ever since he'd arrived to the orphanage only two years before. And now, there was no Felicity to get between him and his favorite target.

The other children said nothing as he stood up in the back of the wagon and carefully made his way to her. "Illissa." he said aloud, but quietly.

"Leave me alone." Illissa mumbles, burying her head in her arms, trying hard to imagine him away.

Billy takes another step forward, but the wagon hits a bump, and he falls forward. Reaching for something to break his fall, his right hand clenches on to the side of the wagon, and his left smacks against Illissa's head. He immediately begins to apologize, but it's too late.

Erupting in anger, Ilissa slaps Billy's hand away from her head, and stands to face her tormentor. "I said 'leave me alone!'" she screams before shoving him hard in the chest.

For a second, she stands in shock of what she'd done, then scuttles further to the back of the cart, 'hiding' on the pile of supplies and children's few remaining belongings. A moment later, she feels a hand softly patting her on the back, but doesn't push this one away.

Billy silently sits by Illissa, letting the girl grieve.

Hero
left-aligned image

Name: Felicity
Race: Human
Class: Paladin

Personality: Felicity is strong, brave, and outspoken, everything that Illissa is not. She defends the meek, and can heal those in need. She is also kind and gentle, with a heart of gold.

Backstory: Felicity never had a weak sister she had to take care of. She had grown up with two loving parents who loved her and showed her how to be a warrior for righteousness. Her Sir Felixfather was a Cleric of a of or Helm, if we are using Forgotten Realms deitiesUlaa. Her Anyamother was a former rogue, and now a powerful Sorceress.

When she was six, a freak snow storm blew through the village, burying it in deep snow. He courageous and loving father fought his way through the snow drifts, to help others in need of his magic. Felicity and her mother stayed behind, in the relative warmth of their home. That next night, the Goddess of Light and Love woke Felicity and warned her that she needed to get her mother to safety. Filled with a deep sense of knowing her true path in the world, she got out of bed and went to her mothers room. At first, her mother didn't want to get up, but Felicity's pleas finally woke her.

Sniffing the beginnings of a fire, Anya rushed her daughter to the living room. She tried using a Gust of Wind spell to bust through the door, but it was blocked. She then turned her magic toward the ceiling, and blew a hole through the roof. Casting one last spell, she lifted both herself and her child out of the house, pushing off of the ruined roof at the last moment, to glide sideways to safety.

The next morning, her father returned to find his family safe with a good neighbor. He vowed to never travel into a storm again, and helped raise his daughter into adulthood.

Felicity was blessed by the Goddess or Helm, if this is Forgotten RealmsUlaa, and vowed to be her champion at an early age. She trained hard, learning all she needed to grow into the role of a paladin, protector of the people, and champion of her Goddess. Felicity was ready for any challenge she might face.

RP Sample: Felicity stood her ground, standing between the Ogre, Billy the Green, and the old hag, Illissa. "It does not matter that she is old and deformed, Billy. She still deserves to be protected from the foul likes of you. Now, begone, before I smite you with the power of the Goddess Ulaa."

But Billy was hungry. He had not eaten for many days now. And though the haggard wretch behind Felicity was likely a tough meal to swallow, it was still meat. "But what of me? Do I not deserve to live as well? She is old and feeble. No one will miss her." Billy suggests, trying to negotiate. But seeing the determined look on the paladin's face, Billy charges with his club.

Felicity allows the brute to get past her, then slams into his side before he can get close to the old woman. But Billy won't give up that easily. He takes a mighty swing at her midsection, knocking the wind from Felicity, but for a minute.

Standing, Felicity raises her sword to the sky. "Thunder!" Her sword glows and crackles with electricity, and she rushes forward, slashing through Billy's guard. With the power of her Goddess energizing her weapon, she blasts Billy 10 feet way. As Billy runs for his hole under a rock, Felicity helps the old woman up. "He won't be back any time soon. You should be alright."

The old hag thanks Felicity profusely, before scuttling away back to her hovel.

Last edited by In the Mix; 01-11-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:00 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
Question: Do you want us to make the character?
Old 01-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Mix View Post
Question: Do you want us to make the character?
You mean the Imagined Character as a character sheet? It's not a pressing matter, I've put that part of the table in my original post a way to track what needs to be done as the start of the game approaches.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3303
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Shelby

I love this concept, will see if I have time, but I am putting up a place holder cause I love the idea of a little princess girl who is nice and swet until she doesn't get her way then, half orc barbarian.. might be real life reflecting my gaming (except my little barbarian is 3)
The Child
right-aligned image
Name: Shelby D'Louis
Race:Human

Personality:Shelby dreams of being a princess. She saw one once, while playng in the courtyard of the orphanage. A beautiful carriage rode by and in the window she saw the most beautiful woman she had ever seen. The caretaker beside her told her that the carriage belonged to Princess Maria, daughter of a King Andrew II. The caretaker probably made her up but Shelby never forgot her. She acts like a princess, she will even refuse to acknowledge her own name, claiming that she is Princess Maria of Hondery, a place she invented in her mind. She is usually mild tempered but when someone doesn't agree with her, or she doesn't get her way she is prone to tempter tantrums that only end with her getting what she wants or crying herself to sleep, and life in an orphanage meant many tear filled nights.
Backstory: Shelby has been at the orphanage for a long time, almost all of her life. She was found in a home with her twin brother by a healer, her mother had succumbed to an illness and her father was long gone. The healer brought them to an orphanage but they only had room for one, Shelby stayed and her brother stayed with the healer. Shelby does not know about her brother or what fate had become of him. Her stay at the orphanage has been fairly ordinary, despite not being adopted she is in good spirits. The headmistress has had offers for her, but likes Shelby so much she has denied giving her up. Shelby does not know this and would be furious if she knew, her only goal in her small life is to be a princess, and that starts with being adopted, then marrying a prince.

RP Sample: "Shelby, come here please!" the headmistress called out to the little girl. The headmistress looks at the little boy at her feet, crying with a red mark on his face. Someone had slapped this boy and she had her suspicions.

Moments go by an Shelby does not appear, "Shelby get here now!" the tone and volume of her voice changed from firm to annoyed. As much as she loved Shelby, that girl could be a handful. She knows that Shelby learned her behavior from somewhere, little girls need to be listeners.

The headmistress is just about to lose her tempter when a sheepish Shelby slowly sides into the room with her head down, "Yes mistress, you called me?" with her head still down she looks up with her blue eyes at the mistress, guilt and sweetness all over her face.

"Did you hit Mateo?" the head mistress knew she did.

Shelby nodded her head, "Mateo called me ugly!" she lied, Mateo wanted a toy she was playing with and she slapped him, hard in the face.

"Shelby, I need you to apologize to Mateo, you should never hit anyone."

Shelby looked down, but said nothing. The headmistress asked again, again she refused. Shelby felt herself getting angry, she didn't need to apologize, she wasn't sorry. "I will never say I am sorry! I hate him, he stinks, is the worst!" she stomps her feet in defiance. The headmistress shakes her head.

"Shelby you will apologize or you won't get any dinner." This time the headmistress meant it, Shelby was always having temper tantrums and it needed to stop. But before the punishment could be administered, a bell began to ring, it was a fire. The room began to fill with smoke. Shelby and Mateo just stood there crying, the headmistress scooped them up and ran into the smoke, then threw them outside, she ran back in for the other kids. She never came out.

The Hero
right-aligned image
Name: Sinara
Race: Half Orc
Class: Barbarian

Personality: Sinara is a half orc, she is constantly fighting her heritage to maintain composure. She knows what is expected of her, being part of a royal family, but is constantly reminded what a embarrassment she is to the family by her mean siblings. Sinara's human side is kind and compassionate, but she has rage in her that needed to be harnessed.
Backstory: Sinara's mother is the third daughter of King Ralred, the regeant of a minor country in east. She was married to Duke Eregen and her life was taking off, she was a young princess and had all the privileges of her noble birth. She was the mother of three children, 2 boys and a girl and was quite happy and content.

Years ago she was travelling from her summer estate to the capital city when her caravan was beset by outlaws and she was captured. Her capture was not pleasant for her. The outlaw captain was a handsome, strong half orc man named Yldraq and she was immediately attracted to him as he was everything Duke Eregen was not. They had a torrid affair that came to an end when her ransom was paid she was returned to her family, but she was pregnant with a child. She, of course fabricated a tragic story that explained her contition and recieved all the sympathy she could gain. He husband swore he would avenger her honor, but she knew that he would never follow through. Sinara was born and was the shame of the family.

A half orc princess was not ideal. Her mother loved her as she reminded her of Yldraq but she suffered the ire of her father and scorn from her siblings. As she grew older her orcish heritage became more and more evident. The taunts of her siblings turned into physical conflicts that Sinara easily won with her superior strength. As she entered her teenage years, the family needed to do something about Sinara. The answer came when a general of their troops saw Sinara and recognized a fire in her that he also possessed. He offered to train her in the military, her noble background would qualify her for officer status eventually and it wasn't uncommon for nobles to do military service. Her father agreed immediately, as it was a way to get her out of his home, and possibly even add some prestige to their family name. While Sinara was sad to leave her mom she welcomed the challenge of military service. She of course excelled at fighting, but was not a leader. She finished her military training and obligation and now it was time to choose what to do next.

RP Sample"Sinara you bastard, nobody loves you, you're not a real princess!" her older sister Telmia taunted her. Telmia was much older than her and Sinara was an easy target. But this time was different. Nobody was around and Sinara was getting mad. Telmia had her riding crop and was jabbing it at Sinara outside of the stables. "Sinara look," her sister pointed at a pile of dung on the ground, "That is your prince charming, I must say you would make hideous children." She then pushed Sinara towards the manure. Sinara held her ground and was not easily moved by her older sister.

"Leave me alone!" Sinara said through grit teeth.

"Are you going to cry?" Telmia taunted again, amking cry baby gestures with her fists in her eye sockets.

"Stop now or else!" Sinara yelled, her fury building up in her.

"You're nothing but a mongrel baby, nobody likes you, I wish you would just die!" Telmia shoves Sinara again but is unable to move the strong half orc.

Fury unleashes from Sinara and Telmia could almost swear that she saw Sinara's bottom teeth grow out into fangs, but immediately Sinara punched Telmia and she screamed. Sinara managed to get multiple shots in and grabbed a handful of manure and threw it at Telmia. Just then her father came around the corner with a man in armor and they two of them pulled Sinara off Telmia and separated the two. Her father knew that Telmia had been taunting Sinara but chose to punish Sinara. Soon after this incident Sinara was shipped off to the army academy. She was happy that she wouldn't need to see her family for a few years.

Last edited by Stonk; 01-15-2019 at 02:04 PM.