RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 10:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Lyd, it's roughly 2 or 3 weeks, no set deadline. I'd like to get this group started by early June though. =D It's a pretty sweet expansion pdf isn't it? I have a Mechanic in my first group that loves the class. She went with the Drone subclass with it.

@Astra
Old 05-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
MeredithS can i get a little info on the gods of this world? Specifically the ones that deal with magic or machinery. If there was one that deals with both that would be great. Or can i make one up?
Old 05-15-2019, 11:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Hey Rylus, we use Faerun God's. But if there's someone else you'd like to see, let me know. It's easy to incorporate for me.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old 05-15-2019, 11:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posting interest. I've got a character that's never really seen the light of day, would like to get her out in the open and see what she can do.
Applicaton - HEAVY WIP
left-aligned image

Name Dakota Ta'lor
Gender Female
Age 24
Race Korrigan
Class /Subclass Gunslinger (Desperado)
Alignment CN
Appearance Short at 5'-2", Dakota dresses in a way that makes her look like she has the legs of a 6 ft tall woman. Thigh high boots are just as utilitarian as they are fashionable, as they protect her legs from the steam engines of the skiffs. Her skirt is just as utilitarian fashion as the boots, showing just enough skin to get a look, but also allowing her flexibility, to get on and off the skiffs in a hurry. With dark shoulder length hair, dark eyes, and pale skin, she has a look that says she'd eat you alive, and to be honest, she probably could.

Personality
(1) I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.
Control. Odd are.. Pointless if you're in control. Odds don't matter if you're in control. Be in control and be strong. Those are the two things Dakota learned from her father. If you're in control, the odds will always be in your favor. And if you're not in control, be strong. The weak around you will give their control to you. The combination leads to a certain type of bravado. Her father had it, but he was a man. Control and strength were easy for him. Dakota is a woman, and while she has both control and strength, she also has..
(2) I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Fake it till you make it. The odds are already in my favor, see above. Why would I worry about something that I'm sire I can get myself out of?
Everyone has their good conscience on one shoulder, and their bad conscience on the other. Dakota is that bad conscience, a bad influence. Dakota was that girl that your mom told you not to play with. Not evil, no definitely not, but she does take joy in making those that are good, a little less so. This goes two ways, though. The obvious way is getting others in trouble. She doesn't break many rules herself, but she might try to convince you that they won't notice if you take just one. On the flip side of that, she'll be the first to give you [sometimes false] confidence in facing your fears. "Yeah, I think you can make that jump, it looks easy! Besides, if not, it's not that far of a fall." She, of course, has no way of knowing, but if you do succeed, you have her to thank. If you don't succeed, well, she'll find another way around the jump.

Background Criminal - Highway Robber
- See 'History'

History
It was a night straight out of the story books. Not those story books, not the one with the three bears, not the one with the long haired princess, and definitely not the one with a brother and sister with a pail of water. No, this was a dark and stormy night, and in that dark and stormy night, a clap of thunder that could be heard for miles, immediately followed by the eerie laugh of a newborn baby, and the dying scream of a mother.

If you feel pity for Dakota's mom, you should know that while life in the wildlands was hard, life with her husband, Vyc was harder. It was a mercy death, that's for sure. Vyc was the leader of a gang, and a successful one at that. He treated his daughter just as he would any other gang member, she was beaten when she was out of line, beaten when she did something wrong, beaten when she spoke out of turn. But instead of being beaten down, Dakota grew a thick skin and a stronger jaw. However tough Vyc was, Dakota proved to be just as tough, if not tougher.

It would be naive to say that Dakota learned more than her fair share while in her father's care. No, by 24, she knew exactly what it was to be a woman. Growing up in the gang, she grew up with primarily only male influences. Crass language, even worse behavior. She saw the conquests of men, bringing in barter, and.. not.

---

I walked into the garage, just like I have a million times before. I had business to discuss with Vyc, but there had to be 15 guys working on their skiffs after yesterday's ride. "Out!" I yelled. I didn't bother to look as I walked through the garage. I could hear about half of them drop their tools, get up and leave. The rest hesitated, and as my father looked up at me, his eyes narrowed, then looked behind me and nodded. The rest of the tools fell, and I heard their hurried feet scuttle out and the door slam.

He looked up at me from the desk he was sitting at, piles of barter spread out everywhere. "What?" He asked flatly. Alot could be said for us, but communication wasn't one of our strong points. I looked over his piles. I had done the same thing as he taught me earlier that morning, packing them into my bag. Come to think of it, most of those piles are barter I brought in for us. That settled it. If I could help sustain a gang of our size, I could sustain myself just fine. In the sweet, little girl voice that I knew he hated, "I'm out, Daddy." I put a little extra emphasis on the Daddy part, just to tweak his nerves a bit more. "Out?! What the f*ck do you mean you're OUT?!" I chuckled a bit on the inside at this. Apparently emphasizing the last word was a family thing. "What the f*ck do you think I mean, Daddy? I can do this," I gesture at the desk full of barter. "That's mine, that was mine, even this is mine," I point out all the barter I brought in from yesterday. I kept on him, "Why would I keep doing this for you, when I can just do it for myself?" To be honest, I wasn't sure how this conversation was going to go, but I didn't expect what happened next.

He stood, in a rush, causing the chair he was sitting on to go flying across the concrete floor behind him and into the wall. He was getting fat in his age, but he was quick. Quicker than I thought. While the chair was skittering, he was turning, his hand caught my throat and slammed me against the same wall as the chair. It sat there in a heap on the floor, and I hung in his grasp, a left hand around his wrist so I didn't choke to death. "You're not f*cking going anywhere. You're a gold mine, and I don't care if you're my own flesh and blood or not, but if I have to chain you to a f*cking skiff to keep you here, I'll do it." He lost his cool. He must have had a bad morning. You can always count on those limp dick thugs to piss someone off. As my face started to turn pink, my knuckles around his wrist white, I smiled, "But Daddy..." I managed to squeak out, little girl voice still included though slightly raspier. He didn't smile, but I'd guess his knuckles got whiter too, because I could feel the things in my throat shift as his pressure increased. "You're staying," he growled, spittle hitting my face. My right hand finally made it's appearance then, as I raised my gun to his chin, my smile broadened, "But, DADDY..." I have to admit, that time was a little more labored as my face was surely a bright red at this point. But we sat there, eyes locked on each other for what seemed like ages, though I'm sure was only a second at most. His entitlement versus mine. Honestly, based on that alone, he'd probably win. The problem, his problem, actually, was that while he was good at commanding an army, I was good at not giving a f*ck. Really good at it.

His other problem? When he decided to tighten his five fingers and things started to pop, I only had to tighten one.

Feet back on the ground, I righted the chair. No reason to leave everything out of place. I poked around the desk, until I found them, "There you are!" I threw his keys into the air and caught them in my fist. I took a step towards his skiff, pausing a second to look at the crumpled body of the man I called Dad just a few seconds before. Though quickly realized, as the others began running into the garage, that the man before me was never my father. Not really. Not any more than he was the father of any of these guys.

I walked past them all, hopped on his skiff, started it and drove out the opened door, all before any of them muttered a word. They were great followers, sh*t for thinking for themselves though.

On the road, I knew ScarlaNoa was a few days ride away. I'd almost made it there, too, but then the old man nearly got the last laugh. Seriously, about 5 miles out, something in the engine broke loose and shot through the tank. The f*cker and his jerry-rigged engine almost cost me my life. I dove off of it, thankfully missing any rocks on the side of the road, but the skiff was a total loss. I stood in the middle of the road watching it burn. It was kind of fitting really.

So, here I am, making my way to ScarlaNoa down the center of the highway. Everything I own is either on my back, or strapped to my sides.

Goals / Motivation: Dakota, quite honestly, has no motivation, has no goals. She's busy having fun with life, not thinking ahead, only living in the present. She wants to have fun, and she's run out of fun in All'ken. She's making up for not necessarily having a childhood growing up. Freud would say there's a cloud of sadness in her soul for living a life without a mother. She would say Freud is off his rocker.

RP Sample

Average posting availability: I'm available to post most week days, not typically available on the weekends.

Last edited by epelj1; 05-21-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:10 AM
One who has seen the end

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1094
Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei
Would paladin of conquest not fit the theme?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@epelj1 hope to see your app!

@Tydorei no, not this flavor of campaign. This paragraph makes sense as to why I wouldn't want that :

The Oath of Conquest calls to paladins who seek glory in battle and the subjugation of their enemies. It isn’t enough for these paladins to establish order. They must crush the forces of chaos. Sometimes called knight tyrants or iron mongers, those who swear this oath gather into grim orders that serve gods or philosophies of war and well-ordered might

Last edited by MeredithS; 05-16-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4403
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Alright. I'll try to get an app done by the end of the weekend.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:52 AM
+1d6

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6139
sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
Yeah, that looks perfect mate!
Old 05-16-2019, 06:10 AM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3782
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Posting interest as something... Chaotic

Chaotic Application
left-aligned image
Character Name: ЯФТ
Race: ТაЭFსაЙბ
Class: ჯჩдტ5 რმჟაС Ц5ЭЯ 5
Alignment: ЖЭ
Appearance: ბოროტი შემსრულებელი თოჯინა
Personality: يحب المرح مع الناس
Background: ЯдКძიS ეцгтisт
History: (Secreted for GM)
RP Sample:

"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns

Last edited by Mostlymad; 06-04-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4918
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Gotta say, Meredith is one of the best DMs that I've played with. I'm in the other group and it's a blast. There are some really interesting apps in here and I can't wait to see who gets picked!
Old 05-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I swear I did not offer her character payment to say this. Lol. Thanks Days.. we do actually have a lot of fun in and out of character. We're very active on discord using the text rooms only. Upon acception I'd supply the link for the outlaws own room and a general room.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Did you have an opinion on my last question MeredithS?
Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Rylus Oh! I'm sorry.. yes, that's absolutely fine. I like that actually and we could hash that out upon acception further.

Last edited by MeredithS; 05-16-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Gabriel is complete aside from the RP sample. Any review would be great.