RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 18th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12958
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwalin McFundin View Post
Post updated. I guess Bjarni will just have to be more careful!
Fwalin, you should probably clear with goatmeal what is and is not ‘visible’ magic. For example, would give a BI be observed as magic, what about Vicious Mockery, Charm Person?

I had created Jewel prior to Mulmaster, but part of the reason that she is such a good fit for the world is the ability to use the subtle metamagic.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 10:58 PM
/ing fiction from reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13883
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Glad to see it all worked out. It sounds like there are a few more questions I'll try to address.

I don't think everyone has to be explicitly working against the lawful evil status quo in order for the party to work. At least in the playtest portion there are hopefully ample motivations for you to cooperate regardless of your overall motives. There will be one situation where you will need to make some hard choices, but I'm hopefully that you'll be able to work through that somehow when the time comes even if you have different opinions on what should happen. Or at the very least you will have some shared motivations that keep you working together. It's possible that things could get dicey after that, however, but I'm willing to find a way to make that work if necessary. There's a game I'm in here that's been going on for something like five years and the characters are always squabbling with each other about something. That's part of what has made it interesting enough to last that long, IMO.

In terms of spellcasting, I would say that bardic inspiration doesn't count as a spell but is certainly a signal that you might be a spellcaster whereas any cantrips or other spells would count as regular spells. There are ways to try to hide it if it comes up, and we can get into that if it ever becomes important.

I think that was everything. I'll hopefully have a post up tomorrow. I'll probably do the handwavey bit in two sections so that everyone has a chance to respond if they like.
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 03:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12958
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
@All,

My apologies, but I am having a hard time following the thread of this game. I am going to bow out of this game. I think that this is as good a place as any. Feel free to split any of Jewel's share fo the loot.
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 09:04 PM

Tools
User Statistics
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
I have been extremely busy with health issues and work over the past few weeks and it has been a challenge to keep up, nonetheless I’ve tried to make sure to get in at least a post or two a week for this game in an effort to try to keep the momentum going. I’m sure that my post quality has suffered because of this, and it might have been better to just wait until I did have real time before posting. But as the DM, that’s not a luxury you always have if you don’t want the game to die out.
I knew before I started this game that it might be a challenge to DM with the and it turns out there is more work than I thought.amount of work I knew I would have to be doing this fall. I thought that might be OK because it was a playtest and I’d done a lot of the background work already. The difficulty with that is that being a playtest is a bit more linear than it would be otherwise, and perhaps that’s not quite fair for the players.
I’ve also been sensing some either apathy or discontent with the game on the player end. Partly that is purplerook’s departure, but it is more than that. Perhaps it is in large part in reaction to my own inability to post often.
So I’m not sure where to go from here. I think a vote seems appropriate. I’ll assume anyone who doesn’t vote is no longer interested in the game. In any case, I think I can only commit to one post a week, and that on the weekend.
Option 1: continue the game from the current point, picking up on Day 3 at Saj’s Manor.
Option 2: skip ahead to the final conflict and go from there.
Option 3: again, lack of response is assumed to be this optionpull the plug
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 12:12 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 808
SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy
I'm okay to keep going but how do you think this will progess with only three people?
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 01:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Sure. Keep going and test your ideas out.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 10:42 PM

Tools
User Statistics
We would need at least 4, with 2 left to weigh in on things. Also some in the entry phases of the game who could potentially join for the rest of it.
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10451
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
I think Gor will bow out as well. Honestly, I think I overextended myself, and there's a lot to keep straight in this game. Sorry and wish you the best goatmeal.
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
I'm Having A hard time to follow the history to be honest. I will bow out too!:P
Old Sep 26th, 2018, 12:48 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I don't feel comfortable trying to recruit new players at this time, given my own inability to keep up with the game. As such, I think we should at least put it on pause for a bit. If I'm at a place where I feel I can commit to it more I will reach out to all of you again.
Old Sep 26th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 808
SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy
Its all good friend. If tgis group gets back together or another group makes it to day 2/3 feel free to drop me a PM.
Old Sep 26th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Same here. I am ready if you decide to restart.