Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 11:58 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Codex Sparks Codex Sparks
Character Sheets and rules

My first post here will contain any rules that are not part of the original Fate Core, and below you can post your characters.
https://fate-srd.com/fate-core/basics
Magic, Pony types, and Special talentsFor the magic system, I am setting it up with a single magic skill which works differently for each pony type. For unicorns, it is used for telekinesis, plus it powers stunts to represent skills tied to the unicorn's special talent. For pegasi, the magic skill or the athletics skill can be used for flight control, plus the magic skill can be used for weather control and to create advantages related to flight. For earth ponies, the magic skill will be combined with physique and will act as physique except that it also can be used to manipulate and enhance plant growth, and they gain an extra stunt related to their special talent.

The special talents are meant to be represented as an aspect but with one change: they grant a passive +1 bonus to relevant rolls without spending any fate points. This stacks with the normal bonus from invoking an aspect.

As far as nonstandard ponies, I'm probably going to handle it on a case by case basis. Changelings are only slightly less likely to get in than normal ponies. Breezies will need a pretty good application to convince me. Sea ponies will need an explanation of how they are even functioning in Ponyville to be considered, and even then will be about on level with breezies. And yes, I do expect ascentions to alicornhood to happen eventually, though I'm not promising it.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3070
Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale

(Character Sheet Using Cereal's Template)

Wild Shape Indices
right-aligned image
Wild Shape
High ConceptOffensive Shapeshifting Druid
TroubleLone Wolf (Or Other Animal)
Special TalentNature Aligned Shapeshifting
"Do not anger the beast."
Never an official student at any form of Academy or School for unicorns. He is an unknown prodigy of the arcane arts who does not realize just how much potential he has.Unknown Arcane Prodigy

Superb (+5)_
Great (+4)Magic
Good (+3)Lore, Physique
Fair (+2)Athletics, Will, Fight
Average (+1)Resources, Notice, Investigate, Stealth
Mediocre (0)Everything else
Consequences
mild 2
moderate 4

severe 6

Physical Stress:[_] [_] [_][_] Refresh: 2
Mental Stress:[_] [_] [_] Fate Points: 2
Stunts:
  • Shape Shifting: You can change your form into that of any creature. You can use Magic to create an advantage of Creature Form. The opposition is generally Fair (+2), though it increases for particularly large shapes and even more for big complex transformations like a Dragon or Hydra. Your new shape persists until you decide to end it or get taken out.

Enhancement: Skill-Shifting (Select a skill and gain +2 in that Skill while in a Shape)

Synergy: Flight (Make it possible to grow wings)

Collateral Damage Effects: Giant Beast Form (You, aka Wild Shape, can transform into a giant animal or beast, causing wide damage in that form. While in a massive form, you gain +1 to attack rolls and your attacks are Weapon:2.)

Drawbacks: Self Taught (Because of your self taught method of shape shifting you cannot cast spells in any of your forms, nor can you teach others how to utilize it.)

Limited Forms (Organic) (The Transformations that Wild Shape use are based upon living organic beings or objects, from animals to plants. He can cast transformations on other things to transform them into inorganic things with magic, but his self taught Shape Shifting is currently limited to Organic forms, he cannot transform into artificial or inorganic beings or objects.)

Stunt Cost: 2 (1 point cost for the base Stunt with 1 Collateral Damage Effect and 1 Setback, then 1 extra Setback and 1 Synergy to even out the cost back to 1, then 1 Enchantment to raise the total Stunt cost to 2.)

• Arcane Sniper: Magic allows Wild Shape to attack with all manners of things at range from throwing plain pebbles or darts to firing advanced weapons like canons or catapults. (Use Magic to Attack at Range.)
  • Magical Prodigy: Utilizing his imagination, affinity and experience in the manipulation and usage of magic, can Wild Shape come up with new ways to utilize it against an objective. (Use Magic in place of another skill during a challenge, allowing you to use Magic twice in the same challenge.)

Last edited by Silverscale; 05-22-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:08 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
right-aligned image
Mirepoix Flair (Mira)
High ConceptCulinary Adventurer
TroubleIt's Never Enough!
Special TalentMira is brilliant with ingredients, spices, knives and fire, being a chef first but also an herbalist.
"You can cook other things than food, though most chefs hate to admit it."
Her ways are considered maverick, and despite growing up in and understanding high society, her reputation hurts her among the wealthy. Though, country folk who know her reputation would likely react better to her (Such as the Apple Family).Society Scorned Reputation

Superb (+5)_
Great (+4)Craft (Cooking/ingredients)
Good (+3)Lore (Ingredients), Magic
Fair (+2)Will, Provoke, Empathy
Average (+1)Physique, Contacts, Resources, Notice
Consequences
mild 2
moderate 4

severe 6

Physical Stress:[_] [_] [_] Refresh: 3
Mental Stress:[_] [_] [_] Fate Points: 3
Stunts:
  • Always Making Useful Things. You don’t ever have to spend a fate point to declare that you have the proper tools for a particular job using Crafts (Cooking), even in extreme situations (like being imprisoned and separated from all your stuff). This source of opposition is just off the table. NOTE: I imagine cooking could apply to making medicines and stuff like that.

• Fire Projection: Basic Fire Projection: Your powers are infused with flame, creating fireballs and billowing smoke when you use them.

Enhancement: Fire Control: In addition to generating fire, you can manipulate it, causing flames to spread where you want them to. Getting flames to spread in a specific direction requires you to overcome a Fair (+2) obstacle with Magic; more complex fire maneuvers increase that opposition.

Drawback: You can induce a small flame to become huge, but you can’t create fire from nothing at all. At a minimum, You Need a Spark.

Collateral Damage Effect: Flaming: You can surround yourself in flames that burn everything and everyone. Fires start near you, and anyone who touches you gets a mild physical consequence, or 1 physical stress if they don’t have the open slot. This effect lasts until the end of the scene, but you can end it at will.

Special Effects: Inflict Condition and Mental Recovery

Last edited by JackinIrons; 05-22-2017 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:05 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5143
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Hoofnote Indices
right-aligned image
Hoofnote
High ConceptNerdy Bookseller Always Seeking Answers
TroubleIt's Difficult To Let Things Go, Especially When I Know I'm Right!
Special TalentAttentive to Details, Especially Small Ones
"There's No Such Thing As Ordinary, Plain or Unremarkable."
An Answer For Everything
TemporaryPrime Position To Disrupt A Disruption
Great (+4)Notice
Good (+3)Investigate, Will
Fair (+2)Contacts, Lore, Resources
Average (+1)Empathy, Fight, Physique, Rapport
Consequences
mild 2
moderate 4

severe 6

Physical Stress:
[ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ]
Refresh: 3
Mental Stress:
[ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ]

Fate Points: 3
Stunts:
  • Constant Vigilance: Use Notice instead of Athletics to avoid physical attacks.
  • Powers of Concentration: +2 to Overcome rolls to remove aspects such as Distracted or Confused, or to Defend against attempts to create them.
  • Attention to Detail: Use Investigate instead of Empathy to Defend against Deceive attempts.
  • Indomitable: +2 to Will to Defend against Provoke rolls specifically related to fear or intimidation.

Last edited by Cereal Nommer; 07-06-2017 at 03:24 AM. Reason: I went with Fight instead of Athletics or Crafts because I wanted my skills to line up this way alphabetically.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14273
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Gearshift
right-aligned image
Gearshift

High ConceptMechanical Genius and Inventor of the Preposterous
TroubleGets Way Too Wrapped Up in Her Work
Special TalentCan Invent and Build Nearly Anything She Puts Her Mind To
"Invention is Ten Percent Inspiration, Ninety Percent Perspiration, and Twenty Percent Awesomeness. Don't Question my Math, Awesomeness Doesn't Care About Math."
Gearshift has boundless determination and will never surrender in the face of adversity. However this also makes her as stubborn as the most ornery mule.Never Give Up, No Matter What
Gearshift is imaginative and creative, able to think of innovating solutions to problems. But her eccentric thinking leads to a short attention span and the tendency to speak her mind without thinking of the consequences.Free Thinker
Being a big sister twice over, Gearshift is used to standing up for and defending others, especially against those who think themselves better than them. Though she might get a bit zealous sometimes.Big Sister Complex
Great (+4)Mechanics
Good (+3)Drive, Lore
Fair (+2)Physique, Rapport, Resources
Average (+1)Contacts, Fight, Shoot, Will
Consequences
mild 2
moderate 4

severe 6

Physical Stress:
[ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ]
Mental Stress:
[ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ]

Stunts:
  • I'm Sure I Have a Samophlange Here Somewhere... Gearshift never needs to spend a fate point to declare that she has the proper equipment when using her mechanics skill, even in extreme situations.
  • Mechanical Aptitude: Gearshift has a +2 bonus to all lore rolls pertaining to mechanics or engineering.
  • Skeptic: Gearshift's vast knowledge allows her to recognize holes in the stories that others try to tell her. She uses lore instead of empathy to defend against deception attempts.
  • Custom Ride: Gearshift's cart has been customized, modified, built, and rebuilt according to her specifications and is a pinnacle of her craftsmanship. She has a +1 bonus to drive checks when using it and once per session she can spent a fate point to declare that it has an extra device, such as an oil slick, speed booster, turbo jump, or what have you.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 05-21-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:41 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ZeeBat
I hope this is alright.

Zephyr Winds
right-aligned image
Zephyr Winds

High ConceptI'll Fly Higher than Anyone Else!
TroubleBut I Don't Want to be a Guard Pony Dad!
Special TalentHigh-Altitude Flight
Wind Magic
Despite his own preferences Zephyr is very skilled with a blade, something his dad helped refineProdigious Blade
Fair (+2)Magic, Will, Rapport
Average (+1)Contacts, Notice, Empathy, Stealth
Consequences
mild 2
moderate 4

severe 6

Physical Stress:
[ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ]
Mental Stress:
[ ͞ ] [ ͞ ] [ ͞ ]

Stunts:
  • Sword at Sky's Apex Once per scene you can roll an Attack using Athletics against a target at a much lower altitude by flying straight down at least three zones. Spend a Fate point to add +2 if acting to save an ally.

• Wind and Steel Alike: While fighting in midair Zephyr gets +2 to Defend rolls made to prevent an enemy from creating an advantage against him.

• Friendly Neighborhood Mailpony: +2 to Rapport when talking to ponies in the area of Ponyville or when delivering packages/letters.

Last edited by ZeeBat; 09-30-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight
right-aligned image

High ConceptUnambitious Daughter of a Famous Explorer
TroubleOnce I Put My Mind to Something, Nothing Can Stop Me
Special TalentAlways Prepared
I am too kind for my own good, believing in the potential for good in people and giving second chances to those who don't seem to deserve it.I am a Bleeding Heart
Another way to say that Page is nerdy. She reads books most of the time, which means that she knows a lot of stuff, but she is awkward and shy around other ponies.I Love Books, Books Are My Friends

Superb (+5)_
Great (+4)Investigate
Good (+3)Lore, Athletics
Fair (+2)Notice, Resources, Physique
Average (+1)Rapport, Empathy, Fight, Will
Consequences
mild 2
moderate 4

severe 6

Physical Stress:[_] [_] [_] Refresh: 3
Mental Stress:[_] [_] [_] Fate Points: 3
Stunts:
  • I’ve Read about That!: You’ve read hundreds—if not thousands—of books on a wide variety of topics. You can spend a fate point to use Lore in place of any other skill for one roll or exchange, provided you can justify having read about the action you’re attempting.
  • Natural Athlete: +2 to overcome actions with Athletics involving precarious situations such as dodging dangerous traps, solving strength-based puzzles, and getting through a passageway just in time.
  • The Power of Deduction: Once per scene you can spend a fate point (and a few minutes of observation) to make a special Investigate roll representing your potent deductive faculties. For each shift you make on this roll you discover or create an aspect, on either the scene or the target of your observations, though you may only invoke one of them for free.

Last edited by Rune Knight; 10-02-2017 at 11:24 PM.