Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > FATE > My Little Pony: RPGs are Magic
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-04-2017, 03:56 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5143
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Knight View Post
"Hey boss!" She said, standing next to him and assessing the situation at hand. "How's it going?"
"Hmm, oh hello Page," he replied keeping an eye out for Pinkie "I'm just trying to keep a prank from getting out of control. There are quite a few in progress, and in the planning stages, the Prince does seem to have a knack for attracting them. It's actually getting a bit difficult to coordinate them all, would you mind lending a hoof to defuse a couple of them." He asked casually.

"I'll give you the short version; Rainbow Dash has what's presumably a Poison Joke blossom and is attempting to poison his Highness, none too subtly. Rarity is under the impression that she's trying to get close to the Prince for romantic reasons, but isn't being all that discreet about discouraging that unfortunately. Gearshift is planning something involving a large machine requiring a bathtub, lots of welding, apparently most of Pinkie Pie's glitter supply and evidently runs on drafting paper as fuel. That could show up at any moment. Mirepoix Flair made her stampede chili, extra spicy, just for his Highness, but I'm sure you noticed that. And various ponies I've never seen before have been going out of their ways to be mildly annoying in his general vicinity." He explained quickly while keeping an eye on the escalating situation involving Rarity and Dash.

The crowd had finally started noticing Dash at least, was up to something. It should have been obvious what it was, but since most ponies were just becoming aware for the first time that something was odd, most weren't up to speed.

He sighed, "I've been trying to run interference, and keep the scandals and injuries to a minimum. Most of the crowd seems oblivious, including the guards. Which is good for avoiding unwanted attention, but bad for avoiding injuries. The other ponies who have seen what's been going on, however" he said giving a pointed look at Derpy Hooves "have been content to just stay away from the situation altogether though."

Last edited by Cereal Nommer; 10-26-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:53 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Codex Sparks Codex Sparks
ZephyrZephyr's attempts at stealth are only moderately effective, but thankfully for him, the guards are
Dice Notice check:
4df-2 (-1, -1, -1, 1)-2 Total = -4
significantly distracted by some commotion that appears to be focused on Rainbow Dash.

Page and HoofnoteDerpy looks surprised by Hoofnotes pointed look. "Wait, is that's what's been going on? Gearshift said you were trying to flirt with Dash. I guess that wasn't quite right after all. Oops."

Rainbow DashRainbow freezes under the sudden attention of the guards. "Who me?
Dice Deception check:
4df 1, 1, 1, -1 Total = 2
I just tripped."
The
Dice Empathy roll:
4df 1, 0, -1, 0 Total = 0
guards appear to relax a bit at that.

Last edited by Codex Sparks; 10-05-2017 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Hoofnote sighed, he didn't think Derpy was listening but he had known she was one of the few ponies actually paying attention.

"Is that why you've been covering for her?" He asked. "I thought you knew what was going on and just didn't want Dash to get in trouble."

How did she not see what was going on, she was right next to Rainbow Dash when she started her "prank" attempt. He thought. Then he felt bad about blaming somepony with a vision impairment for not seeing what was right in front of them. Even if was just in his own mind.

"Alright, we both made assumptions that were unfounded, and you know what they say about those. I want to apologize for my part in that." He said. "You're Rainbow's friend right? Can you try to talk her out of it? Or at least maybe consider a less high profile target, or venue?"

Last edited by Cereal Nommer; 10-05-2017 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight
"Rainbow Dash is trying to poison somebody? Then there's no time to waste!" Page said calmly, trotting over to where she could intercept Dash from the prince. She smiled pleasantly at Dash, and tried to
Dice Rapport:
4df+1 (0, -1, 0, 1)+1 Total = 1
convince her to stop.

"Nice party, isn't it?" She asked, making sure to always be in between Dash and her target. "I personally came here for the food, but I've heard rumor that you're here to start some trouble. Now, there isn't really much I can do but give you this little piece of advice: go looking for trouble and you'll find it. Think about it, Dash, is this guy even worth your time?"
Old 10-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ZeeBat
Watching all this from a nearby table Zephyr munched on some food while trying to remember just who the fancy unicorn was. Whoever they were Rainbow Dash certainly had something against them. The fact that they had Guard Ponies with them said that they were from Canterlot, and that they were probably important. Not somepony that they should be irritating on the ever of the Celebration. Seeing that Hoofnote's assistant, Page if he remembered right, was making her way over to Rainbow Dash he wished her luck. Calming down the pegasus before something big blew up was probably the best for everypony here.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
"Or, I guess my overeager assistant can go make some comments that are almost certain to be misconstrued by everypony present." Hoofnote said to Derpy as he watched the eminent spectacle unfold. "I completely understand the feeling of not wanting to get involved, but if you choose to do nothing that rarely makes the problem better. Waiting for somepony else to solve your problems isn't a solution, even if it works sometimes."

The mention of "looking for trouble" seemed like a great way to make sure the guards didn't let their attention stray elsewhere, and there was no way Rarity wouldn't read more into "Dash, is this guy even worth your time?" than necessary.

He busied himself looking for a way to dispose of the evidence of Dash's attempted prank while he waited for the opportune moment to diffuse the drama.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rainbow frowns. "Are you trying to scare me off? Cause that's not gonna work." She switches to a grin. "Besides, it would barely be any fun if it wasn't a challenge!"
Rarity walks up, glaring at Rainbow. "Are you saying that you are going after him just because it's a challenge and not because you actually care about him?"
"Not just because he's a challenge, he's done some other stuff to earn my attention." Rainbow replies.
Rarity is about to retort when she is cut off by Derby dropping down between them and saying "Muffins?" while holding out one of the indicated treats to each of them.
The guards look on, one suspiciously, the other just confused. Blueblood is oblivious.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
"I would think it'd be barely any fun if it weren't a surprise." Hoofnote said, carrying a small wastebasket full of used napkins, empty disposable cups and other assorted party debris.

"I think it's pretty obvious by now to everypony here, what you're trying to do Ms. Dash. Don't you think it'd be better to start fresh, perhaps in the morning, than try to make up lost ground like this." He said gathering trash off the nearby tables. " I think you probably missed your chance while the lights were out. That would have been really surprising!"

"If you're just putting up a show because that's what everypony expects you to do, rather than trying to do the unexpected, then by all means continue though. It's not like you've wasted your whole plan, yet. I expect someponies haven't quite figured out what your end game is here, and you might be able to salvage it later. Can I take your muffin wrapper?"
He said the last words holding out the wastebasket with an exaggerated wink of his eye, the one facing away from the guards, and hoped it was subtle enough to keep them confused without being so subtle it would go over Rainbow's head. It was a hard mark to hit, with a very small margin of error.

Last edited by Cereal Nommer; 10-10-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:37 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rainbow frowns. "Hey, nopony here knows what I'm trying to do except you." She
Dice Empathy check to catch hint:
4df 0, 0, -1, 1 Total = 0
looks at the wastebasket. "What does... Oh. Here. I'm not quite done with the other one yet." She gives Hoofnote an annoyed look while throwing her actual muffin wrapper in the basket.
Rarity looks back and forth between Hoofnote and Rainbow as if they had switched to speaking the Zebra language. "But I thought she..."

Last edited by Codex Sparks; 10-14-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3070
Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale
Wild Shape hummed to himself while looking up at the sky as he pulled his cart down the road. *The stars are beautiful this evening.* He thought to himself before looking back at the side of the road, he had found a good deal of goods already and filled up his side bag and even half of his cart, he had room for a decent amount of goods still. But perhaps it would be for the best to return home, the Sun Celebration was approaching and he did want to get some rest before the grand event.

Last edited by Silverscale; 10-27-2017 at 03:27 PM.