Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Seeking Those Lost Days
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 02:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
The Crying Gryphon

Speak to each other here, and perch on your teammate's heads so as to better spread your message.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:27 AM
The Grey Mage
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8405
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Yay, Mind Flayer!

I gotta say, I'm kinda glad we're not using the racial classes from savage species. That said, I do have some questions:

1) At level 1, Roxy gets tentacles as a natural weapon. Does she get four tentacle attacks, or just one that represents all four tentacles? Or is the Tentacles ability actually just a modification of the unarmed attack, allowing her to deal 1d4 damage? In which case, is it nonlethal or lethal damage? (This question is the most important, since it directly affects my build.)
2) Mind Blast, Levitate, etc. Are these abilities usable at will, once per day...? I'm assuming it's at will, much like a standard mind flayer.
3) SR X+INT: Is that "Int modifier", or "Int score"? Int modifier is a bit low for spell resistance, but I don't know how much of an impact it's designed to have.

Either way, it'll be fun to play a mind flayer tomboy.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Fear

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 78
hobocommando
Holy crap! I made it!!! Time for some legitimate werewolf action and not this twilight crap....
Burn like my power ... Sinestro's Might!

Last edited by hobocommando; 08-14-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aosaw View Post
Yay, Mind Flayer!

I gotta say, I'm kinda glad we're not using the racial classes from savage species. That said, I do have some questions:

1) At level 1, Roxy gets tentacles as a natural weapon. Does she get four tentacle attacks, or just one that represents all four tentacles? Or is the Tentacles ability actually just a modification of the unarmed attack, allowing her to deal 1d4 damage? In which case, is it nonlethal or lethal damage? (This question is the most important, since it directly affects my build.)
2) Mind Blast, Levitate, etc. Are these abilities usable at will, once per day...? I'm assuming it's at will, much like a standard mind flayer.
3) SR X+INT: Is that "Int modifier", or "Int score"? Int modifier is a bit low for spell resistance, but I don't know how much of an impact it's designed to have.

Either way, it'll be fun to play a mind flayer tomboy.
I play natural attacks as a modifier of unarmed attack when used by PCs. So it's an unarmed strike, that gains iterative attacks as you gain BAB. It's lethal damage, yes.
Your powers are usable at-will. If there's a save associated with them, they're 10 + 1/2HD + INT.
Spell resistance is low, on purpose, and it's modifier. You're not meant to be immune to spells, just making them fail a bit of the time.

Right, everyone's racial classes are done. Note that in the level column, many of yours don't follow a straight progression. The number there is the earliest level you can take that racial level, so you can pad out the interim with player classes or such.

You have 100gp to spend on goodies, and stats are 20 point buy. Remember to make your character sheets public!

Last edited by Fragmaster01; 08-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Wandering The Forums...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 649
Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold
@ Fragmaster01: How are we going to determine character stats and starting wealth…rolling or point-buy?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Bottom of my last post!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Wandering The Forums...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 649
Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold Bewildered Kobold
How did I miss that...sigh...

*faceplam*
Old 08-14-2011, 12:20 PM
The Grey Mage
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Ah. That does help clarify things - although with the change to natural weapons, I may need to reconsider my build. I had been counting on Roxy being able to make multiple attacks with her tentacles.

Would it be terrible if I did rework things a bit? At the moment, I'm examining the Monk class (Monk of the Sacred Mountain archetype), since it grants an extra attack from flurry of blows. Fighter might still work, but the savage warrior archetype is specifically designed for natural weapons, so I'd need to reconfigure that a bit.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
No problems reconfiguring. This method of unarmed strikes just helps keep everyone on the same page.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 PM
The Grey Mage
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Cool. I'll post when I make a decision.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, thanks for reminding me(secretively!) When applied to monks, or some feat that boosts unarmed strike damage, you add +1 to damage of the highest dice(usually your monk damage), and use the damage type of that natural weapon(which you don't care about, as tentacles are bludgeoning).

Last edited by Fragmaster01; 08-14-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:13 PM
The Grey Mage
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
So for Roxy, as a monk, with Improved Natural Attack, the result would be an unarmed damage of 1d6+2? And then an additional +1 when her tentacles ability improves to 1d6?

That makes a lot more sense than a flat die type increase.

If, as a monk, I take Improved Grapple for one of my bonus feats, does it vanish when I gain Improved Grapple from the racial class? Or (here's me hoping ) does it improve to Greater Grapple?

I'm going to make Roxy a Monk of the Sacred Mountain. I'm thinking I'll also give her the Vow of Peace, for added flavor.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Gimme stats on Vow of Peace, plz. And no, Improved Grapple doesn't stack with itself. So sad, I know.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 PM
The Grey Mage
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Vow of Peace gives you bonus ki points on the order of +1 for every five levels (minimum +1). In exchange, you can't make the first attack in any encounter, and for the first two rounds that you attack you have to fight defensively. You also have to grant mercy to any enemy that could potentially be reasoned with, and accept surrender when offered.

That's about it. It's one of those fancy flavor things that's in the archetypes table; doesn't replace anything, but it doesn't add a whole lot either.

If you'll allow it, I was also thinking of doubling-up on archetypes; the Four Winds and Sacred Mountain archetypes don't overlap at all, so that's what I was thinking. Per RAW it's kosher, but I don't know if that's something you want to allow.

EDIT: Here's the Monk Vows entry, with all of the vows listed on the right: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...ypes/monk-vows

Last edited by Aosaw; 08-14-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sure, you can stack them, since they overlap perfectly. Also, vow of peace looks fine(it's not like you're asking for 3.5 Vow of Poverty), though your party members might object. Ask them, see what they think.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; 08-14-2011 at 02:56 PM.