Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Marvel vs DC
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1056
Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf
Well met Hank, Janat. Aye I have seen the rift that splits Midgard in twain, Thor explains, and I have reason to believe that my foul half brother Loki is behind the task. It appears he has crossed the rift and gained an ally from that world. I know not if we can trust any from that realm now that the Liar has gained foothold.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 AM
Forest dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 107
ShadowofDeath ShadowofDeath
Kal'ElBraniac's shout was matched by Kent's own "Braniac!" as the man of steel swooped towards the oncoming figure, he was till reeling in shock that the robot was not only back, but had dared to attack the fortress. No, of course it would go after the fortress and superman, Braniac would want to remove the biggest threat before invading.
Aiming at the bot, Superman piled on the speed.

I'd like to spend 3 AP to close the distance quickerOOC

Last edited by ShadowofDeath; 12-06-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Spider-ManIt's a good thing you were out on patrol when the world suddenly decided to split in two like mitosis, because as you would have expected, both worlds seem to be going to hell at the same time. Riots have already broken out all over New York, and you can't break up enough of them. Your arms aching from swinging, after hours of fighting you find yourself in Queen's, dangerously close to Aunt May's and MJ's houses. Convicts from some place called 'Arkham' are all over the neighbourhood, causing all kinds of problems.

Most of the crimes aren't too violent, at least nobody seems to have died yet. But things are escalating quickly, and the police, bogged down as it is, are still about twenty minutes away. Ahead on the next street, you notice a new group of strangers step through the rift and enter your neighbourhood. More convicts, but thier leader is dressed like a clown and seems to be having a lot of fun. Also, there's a man with a big suit on trying to get into a car. The guy with cold emitting from his body like a misty freezer is the primary concern, since he may get away. Can't let all the psychos from this world in - you have too many as it is!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
FreezeWhat's your intended destination?

Kal'ElCounter Sequence Failed

Instead of crashing into you as you suspect, at the last second Brainiac darts upward and over you, extending his arm: now a giant cannon - directly towards you. "I have you now, you fool."

You have time, Superman. A blow or well-timed attack might throw off his aim. Or, perhaps you could think of a way to use his weapons against him. That usually works.

Last edited by Cheaplaffs; 12-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:58 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16809
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
FreezeToward the City, stopping at the first University or Science Lab he sees.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ThorHank pym frowns, still looking into the scope. Turning away from the computer, Antman turns to Janet, who's already giving him that 'C'mon, Hank...' face. Sighing, he says, "I'd come with you, but someone needs to stay here and keep an eye on the disturbance. Last I heard, SHIELD was working with Richards to determine what it is... that was hours ago." He pats you on your muscular arm. "If you can't wait for back-up, buddy, then good luck. I'll let Cap' and the others know. Bruce is on his way... once he gets here, we'll work on getting you some reinforcements."

Looks like you'll be on your own for now, unless you'd prefer to wait for Banner to show. The might of the Hulk would be a valuable addition to any warrior's party.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Hawk of Peace // War Dove

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil
The JokerThe Joker is marching on when something, some bizarre sixth sense, causes him to stop mid-track. "Do I detect a distinct chill?" He slowly turns his head until he is staring straight at Victor Friez. "Well, looks like a certain someone is ahead of the rest of the class." He shakes his head. "Wonder whats got him in such a hurry. He should really learn to live a little." He shrugs. "Well come on boys. Let's go. We've got accets to liquidate and goods to steal."

The Joker will take his hoodlums and try to find whatever vehicles he can. However the more thematically appropriate the better. Cop cars, ice cream trucks, fire trucks, and other theme vehicles will be seen as first class.

Last edited by Rahzeil; 12-06-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Forest dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 107
ShadowofDeath ShadowofDeath
Kent sees it in slow motion as his reflexes kick in, he can see the light building at the back of the cannon. He zooms his vision in and focuses on a spot in the centre of Braniac's skull, right in the middle of those 3 dots. Heat and energy boils up from inside and pours from his pupils in a thick steady stream. as the flow dwindles Kent lets it trail from Braniac's head to hit other areas.

Last edited by ShadowofDeath; 12-06-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3479
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
A low snarl erupted from Doom as the monitor darkened. The comment about the treaty was insult enough but to call Doom a small threat was unforgivable.

A small threat?! Doom is not and never was a small threat! He stood up aggressively and sent the chair behind him tumbling. He turned to any attendants who might have been lingering. GET OUT!

He darkened the lights so that only the glow of the monitors lit the room as he slouched into his throne. What was it that kept him from victory? No matter how brilliant the plan set in motion no matter how powerful he'd become it seemed that some cosmological constant would somehow sway the tide. An argument not entirely true he reasoned. There was the time he had won. The whole world brainwashed under the will of Doom. It was at best a fleeting sense of victory that held little meaning. Soon he reset the chessboard freeing everyone. Then was it him? Perhaps not the final outcome but the constant state of challenge that drove him. A last minute subconscious bad decision to ruin himself. Who better to beat Doom? Thoughts for another day as more pressing questions needed an answer.

Doom lifted a globe that sat next to the chair and spun it to NY. A different perspective is needed. He rose and walked to the computer as he searched for some answers.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1056
Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf
ThorThor muses for a moment frowning. "Heimdell, the Guardian of Bifrost told me I would be needed here. Though my heart yearns for action, I would do well to heed his words. I will wait for Banner," he says with a sigh. Banner was a valuable ally to be sure, but one could never be sure which side the Hulk would take. The Thunder God had been called on to battle the beast nearly as many times as he had fought alongside him. It was not a battle he wished to repeat yet again.

Last edited by Baileywulf; 12-06-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18

Banner/Hulk
'Heh, Pym... how does he do it?' Banner thought as he ended the call and hung the phone back up. Though, this was good news; of course Hank would already be working on a way to diffuse the situation and with such a quick response time only meant that they needed an extra mind to fine-tune the solution. He quickly grabbed a few things of his, along with a change of clothes and some personal effects and headed for the rooftop.

As he ascended the last flight of stairs, he could hear a loud noise whirring sound an new his ride was already here. He opened the door to see a SHIELD chopper awaiting for him as he put one hand up to hold onto his glasses as he made his way over. "How long were you guys waiting here? Or, the better question is; how far were you before you landed?" He shouted to one of the guards as he boarded; he knew that SHIELD wouldn't send him, of all people, a helicopter; it would watching and waiting for the Hulk. 'The Avengers are called together once more huh? More like ordered for me.'
Old 12-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Banner and ThorBanner finds, to his pleasent suprise, Thor had joined Pym in the time it had taken you to arrive. It'd been some time since the two of you were in the same room together, and you know at the very least the Hulk will appreciate his being there. Hank grins, looking bizarre with his big goggles on over his Antman suit. "Ah, speaking of the Hulk." He gestures for Bruce to join him.

He brings Banner up to speed on the situation. "The rest of the Avengers are in Latveria, which puts me in a tricky situation. Someone needs to go inside the disturbance and find out what's going on. If what Thor told me is correct, Loki and god knows who else could be tampering with things, which is never a good thing." He pauses, looking up from his computer and past Wasp, to Banner. "What do you say, Bruce? I could use a mind in the field to send me live data. It may be our only shot."
Old 12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30
Sweets
Magneto, Asteroid M, eventually New York"I want information and I want it now."

The simply command was voiced in a low-deep bass, but it's weight carried, and every single mutant in attendance inside Magneto's chamber felt the abject connotations. No one was absolutely sure what was happening, but the fissure was apparent enough, and evidently the overlapping of another world was proving to be impossible to deter, at least at best guess. But, Magneto wasn't a man of best guesses, he was an analytic mind who could do the most with the least prompt. The other's felt his power in those words... it wasn't every day that Magneto was without answers, and it wouldn't be one more if he had his way.

"Exodus, I don't care what you have to do... find out what is happening. I feel... that we are on the verge of something equally wonderful as devastating and I want the power of that moment for myself. Are we at an understanding?"

The powerful mutant bowed to his Lord and floated out of the throne room, likely looking for some poor human to interrogate later for any information that might be of some use to Magneto. As long as I am not caught unawares again... Magneto mused to himself, watching his prime Acolyte take his exit, the servants remaining in the room bowing only slightly less as deep as they would to himself. As a side note, Magneto though to himself, he wondered how Charles would be handling this situation... and if it would be possible to get someone into the school to find out...
Old 12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Cheaplaffs; 12-08-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 353
Sporatik Sporatik Sporatik Sporatik
ParkerGreat. Just great.

Spider-Man clears the building ledge effortlessly, his body feeling the pull of gravity and the hum of inertia as he picks up speed toward the concrete streets below.

The first opportunity I get for a date in months, and I have to spend it fighting idiots from another dimension.

Just as that familiar feeling begins to creep up in his chest, the motherly embrace of his spider sense, Spider-Man arcs his body forwards gracefully and reaches up between his feet, shooting a web vertically to catch with the building ledge above him. Inertia continues it's spiraling dance as the webslinger is carried forward by his swing, releasing the line at the height of the arc and allowing the momentum to fling his body forward. In mid air, Spider-Man peels the costume back from his wrist to reveal his wrist watch.

There's still time. All I have to do is find the guy in charge, kick some extra-dimensional tail, and make it back to the restaurant in an hour.

Spider-Man was used to tracking down the source of city-wide chaos, and he found that the best way was usually to follow the never-ending symphony of emergency sirens. It didn't take him long to find the tear in the dimension, and the two goofy-looking types that were most likely the cause.

The big guy wearing what looked like a space suit seemed to be making a getaway, so Spider-Man figured he could double back for the clown-dude if need be. Picking up speed now, Spider-Man hurls himself through the air over the fleeing vehicle, and releases the web just ahead of it. Twisting his body vertically, Spider-Man lands on the vehicle's hood facing the driver, blocking his view. Wordlessly, he cocks his head to the side and knocks on the glass innocently before balling a fist and punching a large hole through the windshield, grabbing hold of the top of the steering wheel.

"Hey there fellas, where ya goin'?" Spider-Man quips, jerking the wheel sharply to the left in an attempt to run it off the road. "Jail's back that way!"

Last edited by Cheaplaffs; 12-08-2011 at 03:10 PM.