Game Thread Marvel vs DC #1 - Collision - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Marvel vs DC
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 12-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Baileywulf's Avatar
Baileywulf Baileywulf is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-14-2017
RPXP: 1056
Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf
Posts: 1,724
Thor"Well met," Thor says smiling, clasping Banner on the shoulder, "I doubt this other universe has any that can handle the combined might of Thor and the Hulk." Inwardly he thinks, and who better to be there if the Hulk should lose control. "As for transport, I can carry you, though I doubt you would find the trip pleasant. Perhaps friend Hank, we may procure a Quinjet and a communitcator so that we may keep in touch.
__________________
Fantastic!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Sweets's Avatar
Sweets Sweets is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-27-2012
RPXP: 30
Sweets
Posts: 127
Magneto: Exodus: Manhattan [Marvel]The immortal skulked through the corridor with glaring intent. The Lord needed information, and he served his Lord well. Never allowing his feet to touch the soiled ground of the Asteroid, ground that the simple human and weak mutant slaves alone touched, he only graced those same floors if the Lord did so as well. Regardless, he left his musing and immediately teleported to the Earth, realizing in a second that he was near the greater Manhattan area. Ordinarily his presence would create quite a stir... for Exodus is never truly forgotten in the back of the lowly human mind. But, the air was rapt with concern, with an almost sweet sense of panic.

He moved with purpose, allowing his radiance to overshadow the sense of dread upon the air. Exodus had little to worry about from such menial matter that worried humans. They were cattle to him, less even... since you could hardly eat the creatures. He come upon two things almost immediately that drew his attention. A younger, possibly teenage girl, likely in the prime of her pubescence, and a glass frame with televisions set within... each foreshadowing the event that Lord Magneto wished information upon. The girl wasn't wise to his presence, not yet, so she was ripe for the taking, and the news feed would garner him some information to return to the Lord with. The rest, the girl would offer... willingly or otherwise.

 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
The JokerNot sharing your sense of humor, the heavily grounded man makes an annoyed noise in his throat and then murmers, "Whatever. Good enough for me." His wrists becoming deafeningly loud with low-frequency sound, the man plants his feet and unleashes a blast of sonic energy towards you.

You can begin a counter by succeeding a DC 16 Reflex. Otherwise, you take
Dice Roll:
2d6 1, 2 Total = 3
damage.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
Kal'ElThe blunt impact of hiting the ice and surface of the water beneath was smothered by the intense cold of the arctic sea. Your descent slowed by the water, you invert yourself and look upward, just in time to see the projectiles hit the water and explode harmlessly. Judging by the ribbons of metal that cascade past you, they're fragmentation.

You knew it wouldn't be that easy.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
GambitShe doesn't respond the way she usually does, and that always makes you uneasy. Frowning and turning away slightly, Rogue crosses her arms. "Gambit, be serious. For all we know, everyone we know could be dead."

One of the students chosen to be lookout calls in regular intervals down the hall, "All clear!"

Her voice carries over it, "The least you could do is act profes'nal in front of the students. What if they have to face this on thier own, what then?"

Like the fight bell ringing, Nightcrawler appears right in between you, suddenly looking confused at your angry expressions. "Dah... bad timing?"


Miss FrostUnphased by the visual display but perhaps delayed for a moment or two by your show of innocence, which perhaps the big man wasn't expecting. No doubt he was told he was facing the formitable Emma Frost, who posesses possibly equal strength and vast mental prowess, which in the mind of a fighter, sets one up for certain presumptions. He was expecting you to throw him through a wall, not give him the first shot - cleanly - without much obvious resistance.

But it doesn't last long. Balling both fists so hard they crackle, the big man exhales hard like a bull, green exhaust venting through his mask. "Sit down." He commands in a deep Eastern European accent. Your call. Carry on this bluff, or get a clean flat-footed shot in.

Bane's Sense Motive - DC 12
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
Doom
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Rahzeil's Avatar
Rahzeil Rahzeil is offline
Hawk of Peace // War Dove
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-29-2018
RPXP: 897
Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil
Posts: 4,799
Joker (Incomplete)
Reflex
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (9)+7 Total = 16


The Joker barely steps back in time for the blast to miss him. His eyes go wide for a split second but then he leans his arched back into it's proper position and grins, cleaning out one ear with his pinkey. "What a buzzkill." The Joker looks over his shoulder at his four followers. "Want to play a little five on one?" He puts his fingers to his mouth and makes a sharp whistle sound. "Sick 'em goons." As the four men run straight forward to take him from the front, Joker seemingly vanishes behind a wall of burly bulky types, only to tap the bafoon who pissed him off on the shoulder and pop him one square in the face. "What's wrong shellshocked? Glass Jaw?"

 


 

__________________
"If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed."

Last edited by Rahzeil; 12-13-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-13-2011, 09:20 PM
ShadowofDeath ShadowofDeath is offline
Forest dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-08-2012
RPXP: 107
ShadowofDeath ShadowofDeath
Posts: 400
Kal-ElKent watched the glinting metal float past him on it's way to the bottom, he reflected on where Braniac kept getting his reconstruction material, it was always some sort of alien metal. On a whim one hand reaches out and collects a few shards, hiding them in a cleverly designed hidden pocket. Then back to business, Kent swam back up to the surface and burst out to land on any nearby ice, blue eyes focused up on the skies to watch the descent of Braniac's main body, with a clear voice Kent called "Listen up! I know you have back-up audio sensors, I will not be repeating this message. If you're involved in the dimensional rip occurring in New-York, I would appreciate if you'd do me the courtesy of explaining your plan now so I don't have to hear it all exposed in one of your long monologues later, when I'll probably be much busier.
If you're not involved. Leave, just go away. I have much larger concerns right now than whatever long reaching 5 year plan you might be hatching, Why waste your energy fighting your strongest enemy at the very start?


OOC
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+25 (3)+25 Total = 28
__________________
The tyrant always wins, if I win this battle I remain a king, and if I lose then I will pass into legend, Immortalised.
Long Live King Ambrose!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 PM
celticxkiss's Avatar
celticxkiss celticxkiss is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-28-2012
RPXP: 52
celticxkiss
Posts: 170
Sit down ]"Are you kidding me ?? ohh this will be fun " Emma thinks to her self as she stares at this neadrathal of a man who clearly thinks hes a white trash version of the Hulk. Emma lashes out with her mind
 
__________________
I am constantly amused and inspired by my children

Last edited by celticxkiss; 12-13-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
ExodusThe girl's mind brings flashes of memory like the flowing of a river. You see the image of the worlds splitting and joining, the criminals and villains who spilled over on to both sides. You see the panic in the street... feel the mortal's desire to be reuinited with her family on the other side of the rift. Like the designs of ants, scurrying about their fate, completely and hoplelessly ignorant.

You get the impression that you will need to find a better vantage point to know more about the disturbance. Who could be behind this, you wonder. The enigmatic Dr. Doom, perhaps? Would he have the gall to attack the free world again so soon?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Sifer's Avatar
Sifer Sifer is offline
InkBlazer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-19-2013
RPXP: 1532
Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer Sifer
Posts: 912
[QUOTE=Cheaplaffs;4778473]
GambitShe doesn't respond the way she usually does, and that always makes you uneasy. Frowning and turning away slightly, Rogue crosses her arms. "Gambit, be serious. For all we know, everyone we know could be dead."

One of the students chosen to be lookout calls in regular intervals down the hall, "All clear!"

Her voice carries over it, "The least you could do is act profes'nal in front of the students. What if they have to face this on thier own, what then?"

Like the fight bell ringing, Nightcrawler appears right in between you, suddenly looking confused at your angry expressions. "Dah... bad timing?"

Gambit's Reply
"We go into deh shadows with our teef bared, screamin' defiance wif ah last breaf. Show no fe-ah!"


Kissing the Southern Belle on her forehead and whispering harshly in her ear, Gambit turns to Kurt with a too-chipper grin.

"Ole buddy, me an' you gots some work to put in."

Nodding at the sentry that signaled the all-clear moments ago, Gambit outlines a plan that would put two of the three adult X-men in the courtyard in an attempt to flank whatever attackers might be waiting there. At the Cajun's suggestion it would be him and Nightcrawler to execute the plan.

"Dey won' face nuffink on dey own wifout yer permission."

Last edited by Sifer; 12-14-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Sweets's Avatar
Sweets Sweets is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-27-2012
RPXP: 30
Sweets
Posts: 127
Magneto [Exodus] Asteroid M:In the moment it took for the girl to imagine her family, both she and Exodus had teleported. She was removed from the city and placed in some random dinner in Paris. Exodus wasn't concerned with the details, only the emotional connection between her and the fear she felt at that single moment. He, on the other hand, was at his master's side in the same period of time. Any betrayals upon his face were as feathers to a gale when he stood by the side of his Lord, the girl and the moment of sheer terror, of undulated ecstasy, were gone long forgotten in the heartbeat it took him to stand in HIS presence. "Lord I have learned of a great divide, perhaps even a rapture one could suggest. The humans are in a panic over what appears to be a transcendental paradox, or some from of bi-lateral emergence of another dimension unto our own." In other words... nothing new.

"Good, excellent work Exodus, be sure to keep tabs on the event and alert me to any further happenings, especially any of those that affect or limit the mutants who remain within it's fold." The master of magnetism moved away from his Acolyte, not out of any purpose other than to have a moment's respite while he decided his next course of action. "Tell the others... we simply wait. Wait, until we find out who, or what, is behind all of this. I will not be happy until THAT is answered." Like Exodus and some other's before him, Magneto too thought that Doom might just be crafty... and mad, enough to merge two worlds, two realities into one.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
OOCI had a post prepared for everyone but my browser ate it, I'll have to try again tomorrow night.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
Banner and ThorAntman is already keying open the huge doors to the Avengers' armory, granting you access to weapons and equipment. "The others were taken to Latveria by SHIELD Heli-Carrier, so the Quinjet is available. In fact I've already told the pilots to prep the engines and wait for my signal."

He jerks a thumb over his shoulder towards the opening doors. "Go ahead and gear up, Bruce. Your suit's waiting in the back." Ahh, the Hulk-proof suit. Made of stretchy polymer materials designed by Pym originally for his own costume. During transformation, the Hulk obliterates anything you happen to be wearing. While in your Avengers suit, though - the costume constricts and retracts with your body. It appears similar to Antman's costume but without the mask, green and black in color. It offers a +4 Defense bonus in human form and doesn't restrict movement, so it can be worn under your clothes.

Thor, too has his own Avengers costume. Though he often chooses not to wear it. Identical to his armour in properties, the difference is merely aesthetic.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-20-2014
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Posts: 3,724
GambitOverhearing your plan but saying nothing, Rogue sweeps the white strand of hair from her face again and nods sharply. It's the only plan that makes sense, and its what Cyclops would do. Kurt, who's all ears, considers your plan with two of his three fingers rubbing his chin.

"Nein, I've got a more clever plan." He pulls a piece of rolled out parchment from the back of his pants waistband and rolls it out: a map of the grounds, probably taken from one of the rooms in the main house - where you have to go. There's a big 'X' across the Main house like it's been crossed off. So has the dormitory building you're in, which is circled to mark your current location. The courtyard that separates the dormitories from the main house also has a smaller X. How could they be everywhere at once? "There is no where ve can go that they cannot find us, ze school is overrun. But there is one place - one place on ze compound zey will never suspect, ze--"

"--the Danger Room." Rogue interupts, looking at Kurt with a dismayed, impressed expression. "Kurt, you're a genious!"

He laughs, "Kitty, Colossus and a few of the ozers are waiting. When ve are all together..." He punches a three-fingered fist into a three fingered fist. "Zen ve strike."

"Remy..." She turns to you, "Get the students together - see who we have. If we're fightin', we're fightin' as a team."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB