twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
"Just one thing," Domnik ventured, diffidently nervous.

"There's not been anyone else asking about her, has there? In recent days, or anything. No, ahh, signs of trouble or anything? Friends looking for her, strangers wanting to find her, messages delivered, or anything?"

OOCHow long would it take to get to and from the gaol-ship?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16727
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
"No-one asking about Nilasa, no. Signs of trouble? Well, apart from the protests, the government trying to get me to sell cheaper than I can afford, and the strange men trying to buy dangerous acids and then getting threatening when I refused... No, no trouble at all."

Heward sighs. Domnik raises his eyebrows at the mention of threats, and that seems to be enough sign for the factory owner to continue.

"These men smelled odd, sort of like burnt engine grease. They wanted to buy a few cases of alkahest, but insisted he not report the sale. I've got government contracts, and a dangerous product, and I have to make an account of all materials used; I couldn't get away with that if I wanted to, so I refused. The men got angry, made some heavy allusions to the fires that have been striking around the district, and then
left, saying they’d be back. The second time, two different men came. I stalled, said he needed time to arrange something, then had the men
followed. They went to a seedy part of the district, away from the lake and nearer to the Nettles, but that’s as far as my boys could track them.

"Sound enough like trouble for you?"

OOCThe ferrying, by a small sailing cutter, would take about half an hour each way from the docks. You could do that in the morning, spend an hour or two talking to people, then come back and still make it up to the Cloudwood - but it would be a busy day.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Domnik nods in quick agreement, following up before he quite realises that he's letting himself in for more talking. And to strangers, to boot.

"Yeah, that sounds a lot like trouble. Could, ah... do you think, maybe, you or your men could describe these, umm, these visitors? I'd guess we can find out where the fires were from police records, but if you could tell us that, too, it might help us work things out faster. What they're up to, I mean."
Old 09-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23870
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Orpha's mind began to spin with the possible application for cases of the universal solvent. Then she makes a mental note to follow up on why the government would be forcing the prices down so low, and then doing nothing about the abuses that result. Those protesters are protesting the wrong people, if it is true that the city is unfairly forcing the factories to adopt such inhumane ways to simply stay, well... solvent. She smiles inwardly at the wordplay in her mind.

Then Heward mentions the smell, the same smell of their mysterious paper-thieving Dr.

"These men; one of them didn't introduce himself as a Dr. Wolfgang Recklinghause did they?"

Old 09-17-2013, 05:05 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16727
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
"There's not been any pattern to the fires. Not really. Just... well, there was a factory that made metal armour plates, like on that new ship; there was a factory that made arcano-technical chargers; there was a clothing factory. Thankfully there haven't been any fires in places using really flammable materials; there's a firedust operation next door and if that were to catch... well, the whole district would go up, and maybe more of the city.

"The men who spoke to me? They were nondescript, really - just your average bruisers. A tall one and a short one, first time; short one had a bald head and a scarred ear. The tall one was wearing a hat, but that doesn't help. Second visit, they looked like brothers; both heavy-set and dark-haired. One of them, the one who talked more, was going grey."

Heward is willing to talk, but he clearly doesn't know much. The vagueness of a witness account, even to the appearance of men who threatened him in his own office, is frustrating but all too familiar.

"None of them gave a name. They just said things like 'My employer will not be happy', as if I'm supposed to know who that is. Probably not government, I'd say."

At the last remark, Heward gives a wry smile; he knows very well that the men were not government and is having a quiet joke.

OOCYou've got about all the clues out of this encounter; I'll start a new thread for Day 2 of the investigation.