Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Digital Demons
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
You want 'ipconfig /flushdns' for future reference.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:33 PM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10220
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Upon further reading of Control Object, it's worth mentioning that the Crystal is actually provoking AoO as it shoots into threatened squares. I'll have the Orb stated as an creature later tonight. Yet further stuff to add/modify in my Statblock.

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; 02-22-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 688
Ghostwheel Ghostwheel Ghostwheel Ghostwheel Ghostwheel Ghostwheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGulliver View Post
Upon further reading of Control Object, it's worth mentioning that the Crystal is actually provoking AoO as it shoots into threatened squares. I'll have the Orb stated as an creature later tonight. Yet further stuff to add/modify in my Statblock.
Just read it now, didn't realize that it was more like Animate Object than telekinetically throwing something.

Unless it's Tiny (or smaller), I don't think that it would provoke an AoO. That said, you're right, so it probably doesn't jive with the added damage from Deep Crystal (and if it did, you'd need to touch it again in order to re-charge it, using its actions or yours to get it close to you), and almost certainly doesn't with Psionic Shot/Rapid Shot since it's effectively its own creature with its own stats and actions separate from yours... :-3

Last edited by Ghostwheel; 02-22-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:36 AM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Yeah. As I read the description, it's less "Make a decent ranged attack" and more "Create your own construct army." As such, a LOT of my build comes into play using the ability.

IS it considered a range attack? Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot are moot otherwise. Psionic shot too. Psionic Charge however, seems to work better as a result, given my ranged weapon has more freedom of movement, plus a standard. But that's 2PP every time. Not very economical.

Rapid Shot technically applies, but it requires interpretation and literal only definition. "Homey don't play 'dos games."

RAW say yes, but I don't think it's RAI. So please, disregard rapid shot.

Dammit. 4 feats, currently on hold. Clearly, Psions take some getting used to. But new possibilies have opened up.

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; 02-23-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:02 AM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
Just FYI, Ghostwheel and I are currently in discussion about my character. I'm very unclear on how to best utilize a Psion, and 'm getting some tippers.

EDIT: I've had a really good talk. Try as I may, Psions just aren't very good ranged combatants. None of my Ranged Feats apply. And a creature is technically not a weapon, so please ignore the PP Charge damage as well. I will update the post in accordance with these new insights.

EDIT2: Done. Please let me know if I missed anything

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; 02-23-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGulliver View Post
EDIT2: Done. Please let me know if I missed anything
Looks right to me, apart from the damage (adding Int to damage from Control Object is +4, not +5, unless I'm missing something entirely obvious :-P).
Old 02-23-2015, 03:06 AM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
Addressed. Point Blank Shot removed.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
This is the part of the show where you can totally rework your character build so long as it stays with the same general concept. Ghostwheel sounds like a better mechanics person to prattle with on that, but for now, I'd just go with the basic:

What do you want your character to be able to do? What do you see them doing? What do you see as the thing they focus on? Is there other stuff they do on the side that's not quite a focus?

Something like that.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; 02-23-2015 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:41 AM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
He's doing it; telekinetically manipulating the battlefield. In fact, he's doing it waaaay better than my original telekinetic monk would have done. As I read into depth the mechanics behind powers, I am impressed with their versatility and scale ability, level one abilities remaining relevant throughout your entire career. PP usage is far more economical that spell slots. Powers themselves naturally limit themselves according to level.

Thank you for the opp to change. Ghost has offered some great suggestions, but I'm gonna play as is until the end of this encounter. All I need is feat swaps, and I have to consider what is of most benefit to the party as a whole.

I hate casters, but I'm lovin' this.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:43 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11600
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Frag, did you get a chance to look over Warlord?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I will look now that I have finished the test. I did well, despite only having approximate knowledge of the subject matter. Required British Lit course bleh. Will they boink? Should they boink? Have they boinked? Oh yes they have, but with whom?

The course does end with Watchmen though, which will be a nice change from the Don Juans and Northanger Abbeys.

We're almost done with the boring intro nonsense. Don't worry! You're now going to a place with NPCs, which means that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Even that thing.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; 02-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5892
Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux
Hoy, Frag, would our characters understand what 'cells' are and what they will look like, or this one of those times where it would help to ask what exactly we're looking for?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
They are little cubes, about 6 inches on a side. They glow like neon, and hold little repositories of code, text, etc. Were this a TRON game, they'd be the little emails you find lying around.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JonnyGulliver, did your character want to analyze Aurea (albeit from afar, as I don't think she would deign to come down to be manhandled, heh), or should we move along?

Last edited by Ghostwheel; 02-23-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:48 PM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
Sure. Now that I'm finished updating W4RDeN, let's take a lookie at Birdo.

@Frag. Char sheet updated. Worth noting that the more Psi-based build hosts a new PsiCrystal familiar. A brief bio has been added for Xero-X in my original app thread. Because what this game needs more of is minions and stat blocks for me to edit.

And cowbell. This game needs more cowbell.