twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Number Nine
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10145
Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X
I'm writing up/altering the last few parts of Giorgia's background that I need to. Expect her finalized and posted by day's end.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:25 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32180
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Swwweeeeeeet!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Number Nine
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10145
Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X Hydra-X
The Gentlewoman Slayer is ready.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26040
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Nice, Giorgia is hot !
Old 09-14-2015, 05:57 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37074
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Hi, I'm still around. Still have a 7th level based sheet on site. Cleric +pirate = fun!?!
Old 09-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29851
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
Hi, I'm still around. Still have a 7th level based sheet on site. Cleric +pirate = fun!?!
"Arrrgh! Avast, ye scurvy dawg! Walk the plank, and bless thy soul! Go in peace! Shiver me timbers!"

I heard a rumor you might be re-connected, Zev. I guess my excuse to lollygag has run out. *cracks knuckles* Humble reminded me how cliche my opener was, so I had to think up something even more cliche...
Old 09-14-2015, 07:07 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
I didn't say it was cliche! I said it was familiar! More so because I have seen many many versions of Dracula....
Old 09-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
The version of Dracula I remember best is the one with Gary Oldman, and I'd forgotten that bit. Truly, if I had remembered, I wouldn't have considered it. I thought I came up with a clever idea. I should have known better!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:06 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
It's funny how things we don't remember up front are stuck in the back of our minds sometimes
Old 09-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58473
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
... I remember book-Dracula better than any film versions. Mostly because no one's really gotten it yet. Oldman came close though.

Except for that steampunk Anno Dracula-lookin' crap.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:04 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
So, er.... we are supposed to have already met the outsiders? And Moon's character? Or are you planning on working us all into this through the first few posts?

Last edited by Humble Athena; 09-15-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:14 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37074
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
After the very first read of the opening post, I was going to nominate it for PotM.

But I can't, as Verb's ineligible due to a previous win.

Last edited by zevonian; 09-15-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 AM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ-WIglnXmQ
Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
Ha! Nice! Thanks for sharing, Athena. And thanks very much, zev, for the kinds words. I appreciate that!

I'm updating the game post with an OOC block--but I'll tell you here what I'd like to see. I'd like you guys to determine who knows each other. I'm going to assume that by the END of your intro post, your character will be in that bar, or very close to it. Please feel free to use the reference info available for Mordentshire if you want to connect your character to an NPC. Make up an NPC if you like--a local (not necessary, but you are welcome). I want you to feel like your character is there for a reason--that motive may (will) change, of course, but I don't want to get too far into this with all the characters in little silos. The best stuff comes from the inter-character connections. That gives me so much more to play with, also.

I laid a couple of pretty good generic motivators in there. There is the upcoming big celebration, the town is abuzz about it, and a lot of visitors have shown up. It's a bit of a hoopla. It's also generally a junction town, a port, and as I mentioned, privateers of all sorts could be there for any number of reasons. Green field stuff.

So, what I'm going to say in OOC is that your post should end right where mine did, but it could start a year earlier. Use the OOC here to work out connections. Not every character needs to be connected, but it would be nice if there was at least a casual connection between each character and one other. Capice?

If your character happens to know Nik, and is there with him, a DC 12 Perception check will let you overhear Roswell's speech. If your character is in the bar, but is not connected to Nik at that juncture, they can still notice and eavesdrop. That's a DC 16.

The only place you are NOT allowed to be is on the ship.

Please ask questions here. I think it will be a good use of our time to go back-and-forth a bit here to get everyone comfortable with their first step. Then once you get in character, you can just roll with it!

Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by ItsaVerb; 09-16-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26040
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Awesome first post Itsaverb! I'm a bit overhelmed by the return to work, but I'm very excited to start.